OH What to do!

Discussion in 'Australia' started by mareeld86, Jul 10, 2012.

1. mareeld86

mareeld86 DIS Veteran

I have been tossing up a surprise trip to Tokyo Disney and Hong Kong Disney for Rickys Birthday! URG that's a difficult quest in itself because i don't know where to start and there isn't a quarter of the information on the internet that there is for Disneyland and WDW.

Well i now know I am going to get about a 2k bonus from work in September so Im very tempted now that Free dining should be coming out in Oct/Nov/Dec to maybe book a trip to WDW and a 3 day cruise as a surprise instead.

Anyone help me and tell me what to do! :confused3

Its all so Hard!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessInOz

PrincessInOz Thanks for my avatar, Mary Jo!

Lauren - How long do you want to go away for? If it is a shorter period, I'd be tempted to look at HK or Japan.

AussieWendy wrote a TR for Japan and I've just completed one for HK. They might help.

4. mareeld86

mareeld86 DIS Veteran

Well if it was HK or Japan it would only be a week but if we jetted to wdw it would be 2 weeks :confused3

5. PrincessInOz

I'd personally go to WDW in a shot.....but have you considered 10 days in Paris as an alternative?

(I'm not being much help, am I?)

1 week in Hong Kong would be fantastic if you plan to see more than the small Disney there. Maybe Wendy will stop by with her views on Japan.

6. Sugarglider

Sugarglider DIS Veteran

well - I spent 4 days at TDL and then you could spend the rest of the time in Tokyo. Jetstar probably has the cheapest flights to Japan, and the food is no more expensive than Australia - esp. if you eat lots of noodles and okonomyaki! Hotels will be more expensive and the exchange rate with Japan is not as good as the Euro and the US.

7. mareeld86

mareeld86 DIS Veteran

Oh now your putting other ideas in my head lol!

I really want to go back to wdw and do a 3 day cruise we are cruising next year in december but i really wanna get a trip in this year and there was no way we were going to be able to do it as we just bough a house 3 weeks ago but now i know i am getting a nice tax return and this little bonus which is tax free i really want to surprise ricky and head back to disney! I dont think I can wait another year!

8. PrincessInOz

Congrats on the new house. :goodvibes

Good luck with the decision. FD is very tempting.

9. australiankaren

australiankaren I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DV

do the quick trip to WDW..and see if expedia.ie have cheap qantas flights

10. mareeld86

mareeld86 DIS Veteran

I did look at the expedia ie flights were still there Karen but they dont seem to be :( its ok they still have flights for just over $1000 at the moment and I can handle that!

Do you think Ricky will kill me if i book it and dont tell him until his birthday on the 16th october that we are going to wdw the week after :rotfl2:

11. PrincessInOz

12. australiankaren

australiankaren I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DV

that is awesome...I wish I got birthday gifts like that.....oh wait...I do!!!:rotfl2:

do it:thumbsup2

13. mareeld86

mareeld86 DIS Veteran

Last year he got his flights for his birthday but he knew about that months in advance this year i really wanna surprise him and just book to go away somewhere!

ok I think im going to do it I will keep you updated :)

I knew you girls would persuade me the way I wanted to be persuaded lol:rotfl:

:rotfl2:

14. WAMUMOF4

WAMUMOF4 DIS Veteran

WDW definitely but Jetstar are having a sale to Japan at the moment as well just wondering if you are surprising him how would he book his holidays with work?
    Forget the Jetstar sale the dates are only till the end of July

15. mareeld86

mareeld86 DIS Veteran

Its ok I can go see the ladies in the office at his work :)

Sneaky sneaky lol :happytv: he will be looking like this while i book everything :)

16. shushh

shushh DIS Veteran

I would be over the moon if someone surprised me like that! Go for it. Life's short. It'll be heap of fun and worth it.:)

Oh and congratulations on the house!

17. Ozdisneydreamin

Ozdisneydreamin Earning My Ears

I say go for it. What a brilliant surprise!!

18. 5ofus

5ofus DIS Veteran

Do it, do it!!! I'd love a surprise like that; TDL, HKDL or WDW - I would be thrilled with any!

19. mareeld86

mareeld86 DIS Veteran

Thank everyone!! I have to be sneaky but I know I an book stuff at work so it's not so bad just have to contact the ladies in the office at his work an tell them not to tell him!! :)