Oh What Did I Do?

mom2taylorandemily

Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney..
Oh, I don't know what I have done to upset the Disney God's at me, but what does it take me to get a PIN Code? I got 1 PIN Code 5 years ago for Free Dining in Dec. and we took it, used it and then got a PIN Code to purchase a Disney Gift Card for Merchandise at a greatly reduced price and we bought one for an awesome price. Then.........it stopped! I've called for almost every other week for the past 2 months to see if I had a code attached to ANYONE's name in my family. We want to go in Dec. for my DD's Sweet 16 this year so bad.......

We have participated in every survey they send me, every survey at the end of every call, participated in surveys at the resorts and parks, we've even done a special survey in the parks regarding Dining Options 2 years ago. I've ordered the DVD, changed my Profile and even saved a Vacation to Disney. Its not like we won't stop going, we will always go to Disney, but come on ........ is that why they don't send them to us, because we go anyway?

Please Disney God's hear me and send me some PIXIE DUST!!! pixiedust:

We never get PINS anymore either.
Maybe you could book BB for December while on your Summer trip?

I have been going to WDW for over 25 years, and I have never gotten a PIN...
sigh.....

I didn't get a PIN in 2010 and saved many vacations online, ordered the planning CD, etc. This year I did exactly what I did in 2010 and received one but it's not good for my resort.

I go to WDW several times a year, always do their surveys, save trips on their site, order their planning DVDs, call to ask if I have a PIN assigned to my account, and have my email listed on all the Disney sites. I have never received a PIN.:mad::headache: On the other hand, my mom got one a few years ago. They don't have any information on her, other than she was a guest in my room. She doesn't even have an email account and has never even spoken to anyone from Disney. She has never had any contact with them at all, other than as a guest in my room. The PIN came to my address, but they said I couldn't use it because it was hers.:headache:

It's hard to say. We had wonderful pin code luck for a few years. Both hubby and I were registered and we got maybe one a month? Sometimes less, sometimes more but there was always something. We got them in the mail too!

Then it just dried up. I never complain because it was nice while it lasted but we've only gotten one or two (and the horrible 10% off Game On pins) in the last year or more.
It's over but it was fun while it lasted.
Don't despair. There will likely be some kind of discount for your timeframe at some point if it isn't directly over the holidays. It's still a little early for it.:)

We get a couple PINs a year but they are always for times when we can't go. Wish I could share them:hippie:

I have given up trying to figure out the reason some people get PIN codes aplenty whike others get none :confused3 In 2011 we were blessed with 2 PINS and a bounceback....yup we were able to take 3 trips last year. This year so far we have not received any PINS, but did book with the GP discount for 35% off for May at YC. We are happy that we have some form of discount being GP is fine with us. Hoping for a bounceback when we are there so we can book WL for December ;) Wishing all of you luck that are still waiting for PINS...you never know :goodvibes

I have been pretty lucky with pin codes. Anytime I'm interested in going to WDW, I request the vacation DVD (online) about 9 months ahead of time. There's a part of the process that asks what month you're interested to going to WDW. Make sure you give them a specific month. For us, it's usually the summer months. The vacation DVD arrives a couple of weeks later. I don't book a vacation or contact them. Usually a couple of weeks or about a month later, I get an email or post card with a pin code. I guess they know I'm interested in going but since they don't hear from me, they entice me with a code. It's worked for my friends too.
Recently, I requested the DVD...it might have been around October or November of '11and told them I was interested in traveling in August '12. In January, I got a post card in the mail with a pin code (room only discount) to book by February. I still didn't book anything. Another code came a month later for free QS (any resort) dining beginning in August (before the regular free dining starts). I went online to see what kind of rates they had (using the special web address listed on the post card), and I found that the pin code could be used in July as well!
I think that if they know you want to travel to WDW but don't hear from you, they will try to get you to book with a pin code. You just have to start the process months ahead of time. That's just my opinion. I don't know that for sure. That's just what has worked for me. Also, I always book through Disney directly because I use the Disney Visa 6 months no interest promotion. Maybe that has something to do with it too. Just a thought!
Good luck everyone!!!

Hi!

I wanted a pin so badly this year (for our May trip) and did everything (surveys, ordered the DVD etc) and still nothing. My boss who went to disney in march 2011 for the first time and hasnt returned or visited the website since then got the pin. My best friend who did a quote in 2009 and never ended up going or revisiting the website also got the pin. I'm a firm beleiver of the "they go anyway" list!!!!!!!! And i'm totally on that list!!! Good luck everyone!

I know that some people have gotten Pin Codes before they booked their vacation, so I might be in the minority. But all the times I've gotten Pin Codes was after I already had a reservation. (The pin codes would show up 6-8 weeks after I made reservations.)

Having a reservation does not decrease your chances for a pin code. A CM told me that, and it seems to hold true, at least in my case.

I just booked today, so I'll see if my winning streak holds true! Give it 6-8 weeks! ;) :rotfl2: (I'm not holding my breath, but it would be nice!)

diznee25

I really want one this year too. This year I am planning at least 3 trips between Aug and Christmas time. (my daughter will be in the college fall program @ Disney) I can't let just HER spend that much time in Disney!!
We have done all the same but nothing yet.
Last year we got several and used one so I guess they feel I need time off.

hmm... just a quick question.. When you call disney, do you tell them what you just told us? I never got pin codes either, and started getting them after I called and just chatted it up with a CM about how.."my friend gets them all the time, and we've never gotten one and my DH doesn't want to book unless we can get one due to cost... " very nice, in a nice chatty way...

We had a code within two weeks. I've done it since then too, every time-- code within 10 days or so. I know Disney says the codes are random--but I find it really hard to believe.

Good luck to you! I have faith you'll get a code soon! We need one for January 2013 ;)... we'll see...
have a great day!

I have a similar situation. I never get a pin code but I took my mom last year as our guest and she gets one on my email. She also gets discounts for airlines. We cant use them we tried. My son got one once when he was about 10. I want a pin code maybe luck will be on my side as I would like to take a quick trip oct or dec just two of us for a long weekend.http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/goodvibes.gif

I heard that they were stopping that promotion they are focusing more on online coupons! so look online for similar coupons for Disney land. It will be worth your time.

..and I seem to get PINs every year..I order a new planning DVD every year..save vacations online..and go every year or every other year..I don't know what the magic is, but I appreciate the good fortune..and I too wish I could share when I cant go.:confused3

We are the same.... we go every year and a half or so but have never gotten a pin despite the DVDs months in advance, booking, cancelling, not visiting, asking, etc. No difference. My husband has gotten a couple for DL though, but the resort prices there even with a pin are out of this world. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter