Oh what a horrible trip!!!! Now for something completely different-Final blast ......

I meant to add I too am divorced but for about 9 years and Yes I did find the long lost crazy Rosie that you all know !! I am loving Life and my Freedom to be overworked and under paid and to go on LOTS a Free Vacations !

You are in the park! And parked. Which I agree, is an ordeal in it's own way. You got quite a bit in for a late arrival, nicely done!

While I don't really mind Disney Transportation, I really liked driving. Even though I had about 40 minutes I think I made the most of it.

Funny, I never really think of sunset pictures at the world, pretty!

Sunsets and fireworks... :cloud9:

Somehow I can't imagine you are headed back to the Hampton for dinner. :rotfl:

:rotfl2: That is a given..

And since it's YOU, it's likely more park somewhere. Let's see, you've already eaten dinner so it's either based on park hours, parades or fireworks. And it's only what, 7:30 maybe? Plenty of time to make Wishes or Illuminations. Or go sit on the beach at the Poly, or roam around and peek at GFV construction or...

hmmn.

I will say you are right- now to which one??? :scratchin

Read your update last night so I could see pics, but I forget what they were :faint:

OK, seriously, how could you forget the redneck ride photos? Is that possible? See what happens when you drive 8 hours. You get forgetful. :rolleyes1

As far as dinner - I am going to guess WPE WITHOUT the peas! :rotfl:

See I said Horrible... :rotfl2: Ride photos, Food I was not
on the ball. :sad2:
Cynthia's got it....narrowed down.:rolleyes2

:thumbsup2 I'm in for this TR. I'm just sitting here riding out Hurricane Isaac. :surfweb:

party: :welcome: party: Stay Safe and please let us know how you are doing.

I hope this can distract you a bit. :wizard:

Wow you got some lovely shots! The one with the orange sky reminds me of The Lion King :]
party: :welcome: party:

That sunset really caught my eye.

enjoyed the update, thanks for those sunset pics also, very nice very nice.

im going to guess Magic kingdom...as you had to visit on your first day.

Close but Cynthia narrowed it down a bit.

I am a sucker for a nice sunset. :love:

Really impressive!! Going to your second park of the day after driving all that way. You go girl!! Love the AK pics btw. The sunset shot is beautiful! Also, I think you are brave driving around WDW. I think it's very confusing. Finally figured out to stop trying to figure it out and just follow the signs.:moped:

I usually make a point of opening one park and then closing another. Usually..:rolleyes:

I always thought it would be confusing too. But everything is really well marked and if you have a general layout of the property you are good. If you see the backside of an arch well then turn around. :rotfl2:

I didn't get the park right, didn't recognize that sign. :worried: But I did get the first ride right! :banana:

Ha! I've never noticed those pole-dancing dinosaurs before! :rotfl2:

Nice sunset.

You help me spot Judys and well I can help you spot and identify signs and dancing dinos. :thumbsup2
Primeval Whirl ( hurl) have the pole dancing dinos at the entrance facing Dinosaur.

Great pictures! The sunset is really pretty!

BTW - If you think not taking ride pictures makes this a horrible trip, sorry, not gonna buy it. Not that I want anything bad to happen to you, but this TR is not quite living up to the title! ;)

I'm guessing Epcot next - no particular reason. Maybe you'd like a drink?

Uh Oh - Maybe my definition of horrible is different. ;) Still plenty of time for horrible to come on board.

I will say a drink was had but Cynthia is closer. :rolleyes:

Love the sunset pic ! Great shot. :thumbsup2

I love sunsets and fireworks but sometimes getting good pictures of either is hard.

I'm a newcomer to your reports, but I'm here, caught up and joining in for the rest!

party: :welcome: party: Glad to have you around. I have seen you on others I read too. :goodvibes:

Hey pat. Checking in:). I just haven't had a lot of dis time lately -new job and life with a 5 year old will do that to you. Going back to catch up

party: :welcome: party: Totally understand and I am glad you made it over. Good Luck with the new job, and we need to get together again soon once things for you settle down.

Subbing and will catch up later.Did read the intro and all the phone woes !!!

party: :welcome: party: Glad you made it over Rosie- I know you have been busy travelling and getting in trouble. :rolleyes:

I meant to add I too am divorced but for about 9 years and Yes I did find the long lost crazy Rosie that you all know !! I am loving Life and my Freedom to be overworked and under paid and to go on LOTS a Free Vacations !

Funny how we can "find" ourselves again after divorce? Life is too short to be unhappy.

Let's plan on getting together when you get back from DL - I really want to hear about that trip since we are going in Feb. We leave in 2 weeks for DW and I think by the time we get back, you will have left for DL.

I will say you are right- now to which one??? :scratchin

Oh dear, the pressure now of narrowing it down from there! I feel like I'm guessing on Clue.

I'm going to go with...

Wishes, from the beach at the Poly, with a Lapu Lapu or other tropical concoction hopefully made by a certain pool bar bartender?

Either preceded or followed by some GCV construction photo documentation. Given the time frame...preceded by. Unless you watched the Electric Boat parade with said tropical concoction in hand.

Well we made it thru this Hurricane Isaac. Alot of rain ,wind, and flooding. It was bad for alot of people, but not me and my family. Now back to this TR... :thumbsup2

Okay, thanks to some some help from eandesmom, and how you have mentioned before how special the water parade is, and that you headed out of AK in time to catch the fireworks at MK.....................

I'm going with a trip to the Poly and taking in both of those events from the beach...........since this would be a fairly new experience for you...... :rolleyes1

Plus after a long drive during the day, sounds like a great way to make a quick escape after everything is over so you can get back to your room. ::yes::

Let's plan on getting together when you get back from DL - I really want to hear about that trip since we are going in Feb. We leave in 2 weeks for DW and I think by the time we get back, you will have left for DL.
I am back a week and then out to go to Food and Wine. I am sure we can get together that week. :thumbsup2

Oh dear, the pressure now of narrowing it down from there! I feel like I'm guessing on Clue.

I'm going to go with...

Wishes, from the beach at the Poly, with a Lapu Lapu or other tropical concoction hopefully made by a certain pool bar bartender?

Either preceded or followed by some GCV construction photo documentation. Given the time frame...preceded by. Unless you watched the Electric Boat parade with said tropical concoction in hand.

You are soooooo close it is a bit scary. :lmao:

Well we made it thru this Hurricane Isaac. Alot of rain ,wind, and flooding. It was bad for alot of people, but not me and my family. Now back to this TR... :thumbsup2

:cool1::cool1: So glad to hear this. Watching the weather and thiking about all the flooding.... :sad2:

Are you referring to me as a Pole Dancing Dinasaur !!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

:rotfl2: Only if the Pole fits.

Okay, thanks to some some help from eandesmom, and how you have mentioned before how special the water parade is, and that you headed out of AK in time to catch the fireworks at MK.....................

I'm going with a trip to the Poly and taking in both of those events from the beach...........since this would be a fairly new experience for you...... :rolleyes1

Plus after a long drive during the day, sounds like a great way to make a quick escape after everything is over so you can get back to your room. ::yes::

:faint: Were you stalking me??? :eek: :rotfl2:

Well you...and Marv. ;)

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Sounds like a plan. Just get in touch when u are back. Chloe is going to continue swim year round. She is really a little fish!!!!

You are soooooo close it is a bit scary. :lmao:

Hmmn. Sounds like I'm missing something...parked at the Poly, got your drink from the pool bar walked by the VGF construction taking illegal pictures and then boat parade/ wishes fireworks from the GF beach?

Life is getting back to normal, so I am getting some DIS time in this morning. Just wanted to come over and say hey!

Sounds like a plan. Just get in touch when u are back. Chloe is going to continue swim year round. She is really a little fish!!!!

Sounds good. Glad she is enjoying swimming and swimming lessons.

Hmmn. Sounds like I'm missing something...parked at the Poly, got your drink from the pool bar walked by the VGF construction taking illegal pictures and then boat parade/ wishes fireworks from the GF beach?

You will see. ;)

Life is getting back to normal, so I am getting some DIS time in this morning. Just wanted to come over and say hey!

So glad you are having life return to normal. :goodvibes Your entire family has been through so much.

What a great time so far at AK. I love the safari, I wonder when the new zebra area will be open? I hope I get to see it!
Safari, EE, and Dinosaur... all my favourites in AK!

Gorgeous sunset photos. That orange one.. breathtaking!!!

Love that you made it to a park and had some good times.

What a great time so far at AK. I love the safari, I wonder when the new zebra area will be open? I hope I get to see it!
Safari, EE, and Dinosaur... all my favourites in AK!

The last hour the park is open is really nice. I think most people leave after the parade and that usually leaves a couple of hours of low crowds.

I have not heard when the zebra area will be ready.

I really got a lot done in a short amount of time at AK. :thumbsup2

Gorgeous sunset photos. That orange one.. breathtaking!!!

Love that you made it to a park and had some good times.

I HAD to stop for the sunset. :goodvibes Even if I was in a parking lot.

First day first park now for the first night!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter