Oh what a horrible trip!!!! Now for something completely different-Final blast ......

Ok so far...doesn't sound horrible at all.

Phone is fixed, you are at the beach and with friends and cute dogs! Looks pretty heavenly and unhorrible at the moment.

That tuition payment being due while gone would have stressed me out to no end though! Especially now that I've experienced how wonderful (not) the wifi is at the resorts. I think I'd selectively forgotten as we didn't bring a computer in 2010 or 11 so it was back in 2009 and I was using an ethernet cable at the cabins! Which was also slow....

Nothing you forget that you can't buy.

Which doesn't make it any less inconvenient or expensive. Nothing worse than eating away at souvenir money for supplies of some sort.

Off to a great start and not horrible yet! Jack looks like my Bailey's brother. :)

Jill in CO

So far so good . I really enjoyed the beach time. Nice to really have almost nothing to do before the parks start calling.

My friend has 2 dogs and Jack is the crazy one. Monty is the neurotic one. :rotfl:

Love your "What's in a name", "Nyah-Nyah- I'm not going to tell you" teaser!

I especially love your General Disney disasters examples. Well, I don't love that they happened to you, but those are some interesting situations.

Great pictures from the beach!!! Looks beautiful, fun and relaxing!

Cute gator, too!

I really was going to spoil the name earlier but as I was writing it make more sense to wait. :lmao:

I have had many Disney Disasters, some big some small.

The beach was fun. The turtles were nesting and I forgot to mention that but no real good pictures that I can find. :confused3 I guess add that to the horrible list. ;)

Ok so far...doesn't sound horrible at all.

Phone is fixed, you are at the beach and with friends and cute dogs! Looks pretty heavenly and unhorrible at the moment.

That tuition payment being due while gone would have stressed me out to no end though! Especially now that I've experienced how wonderful (not) the wifi is at the resorts. I think I'd selectively forgotten as we didn't bring a computer in 2010 or 11 so it was back in 2009 and I was using an ethernet cable at the cabins! Which was also slow....

Nothing you forget that you can't buy.

Which doesn't make it any less inconvenient or expensive. Nothing worse than eating away at souvenir money for supplies of some sort.

Not horrible. Beach was wonderful, just the break I needed.

The tuition payment was on my radar and you are right on all accounts. Also you have to assume that when the bill became available, everything would be correct. :rolleyes2

We have discussed the anything you forget you can buy and with the car that becomes so easy to do.

Also buying things I could not previously transport home is a plus.

:wave2: Joining in, like others the title drew me in. Hope your trip wasn't too horrible :)

Looks like your trip is starting out great! You're packed, you're with friends and dogs at the beach, and the sun is shining! Love it!

Oh Pat - the whole tuition thing would have really stressed me out:faint:. I feel like it takes me so long to figure out how to do anything in Brian's Salisbury University account. Heck, it took me two days to figure out how to pay for the parking permit. YIKES! That's bad. And then they keep upgrading the software and the appearance of the account keeps changing, so nothing makes sense.

So, your beach trip sounds pretty nice. I really wish I could see your pics. I'll have to come back and do that later.

The whole phone thing also freaks me out. I leave my phone on 24/7 because, well, I have kids and even when they are IN the house, I leave it on in case they sneak out.

I hope there are no more allergy attacks on this trip and I hope its not scorching hot.

Looking forward to Disney!

It doesn't sound too horrible yet so I am anxious to see what happens!

Oh, I love the ocean. So relaxing. The dogs look like they were enjoying it too.

So far the beach part of your trip sounds perfect. Loved the picture of the dogs in car.::yes::

Here's hoping the Disney part of your trip was great too.

Well, if you keep worrying about what could go wrong... All right, I'll wait and see what happens.

That one dog, the non-Jack one, looks like he's having the time of his life on that car ride!

So, can a poolrat really relax at a pool on vacation? Or is it an occupational hazard that you're watching swimmers and itching to yell at some kids for running? :laughing:

Pat, doesn't the ocean just make everything see so calm and peaceful? That's why we love Marco. The dogs are too cute, and I love those frogs in front of the condo.

Sounds like a great day/evening with friends.

Doesn't sound bad at all so far! What a nice relaxing day at the beach! Sounds like you'd earned it.

I like the frog with the martini glass! :lmao:

Cute dogs, one really packed trunk, and a gorgeous beach resort! Love the pictures!

Curious, what was the name of that beach again? Somewhere in NC?

What a lovely way to start the trip! I agree that there is nothing more relaxing than the sound of the ocean :cloud9:

:cool1: GREAT START!!! LOVE ALL YOUR PICTURES!!! SO GLAD I JUMPED ON HERE TO READ YOUR TRIPPIE!!! :cool1:

LOVE the pictures of the FROGS … there is a store in Seaport Village in SAN DIEGO that sells those EXACT FROGS!!!

Poolrat said:
I may make you wait a bit before I tell you how this trip got that name. I am not being mean, but the time is just not right now.

Such a tease.

Poolrat said:
Some general hanging out but I will say I did NOT build a sandcastle or get sunburnt

Good for you. Unlike some other dummies around here.

Poolrat said:
photobucket-1332-1345312795238.jpg

Very nice!

:wave2: Joining in, like others the title drew me in. Hope your trip wasn't too horrible :)

party; :welcome: party:

Another one for loving a train wreck. :lmao: Glad you are here.

Looks like your trip is starting out great! You're packed, you're with friends and dogs at the beach, and the sun is shining! Love it!

So far crisis has been averted. :thumbsup2

Oh Pat - the whole tuition thing would have really stressed me out:faint:. I feel like it takes me so long to figure out how to do anything in Brian's Salisbury University account. Heck, it took me two days to figure out how to pay for the parking permit. YIKES! That's bad. And then they keep upgrading the software and the appearance of the account keeps changing, so nothing makes sense.

Having Jennifer attend the same community college also helped me navigate but of course those things change. Thankfully the time I have actually gone down there ( only 5 minutes from the house) things are usually handled fast and easy.

So, your beach trip sounds pretty nice. I really wish I could see your pics. I'll have to come back and do that later.

I really wish I took more. YOu will see that is a theme during the whole trip. :rolleyes1

The whole phone thing also freaks me out. I leave my phone on 24/7 because, well, I have kids and even when they are IN the house, I leave it on in case they sneak out.

Me too gir,l me too. Just having to reset the phone get me twitchy because the setup defaults to factory settings and I can't find anything.
Installing ice cream sandwich made me nervous enough. :rotfl:

I hope there are no more allergy attacks on this trip and I hope its not scorching hot.

Looking forward to Disney!

Maybe this time I got it right????

It doesn't sound too horrible yet so I am anxious to see what happens!

Oh, I love the ocean. So relaxing. The dogs look like they were enjoying it too.

So far so good. :thumbsup2 The dogs were having a blast.

EEEEEEEEKKKKK I'm excited the fun part started you left woohooo that means the adventure begins

:cool1: I am going to try to keep this moving but life keps getting in the way. :rotfl2:

way to get yourself more relaxed before you go to disney, nice beach stay:thumbsup2

It took a few hours off the drive to Disney and I had a couple of days to relax with friends. :thumbsup2

So far the beach part of your trip sounds perfect. Loved the picture of the dogs in car.::yes::

Here's hoping the Disney part of your trip was great too.

Those dogs are a hoot. Crazy and loving all at the same time. Disney part coming up soon.

Well, if you keep worrying about what could go wrong... All right, I'll wait and see what happens.

Not really worrying about it but based on past experience.... Just the potential.

That one dog, the non-Jack one, looks like he's having the time of his life on that car ride!

Those boys love the beach... Getting the sand off thier bellies afterwards was a comedy routine.

So, can a poolrat really relax at a pool on vacation? Or is it an occupational hazard that you're watching swimmers and itching to yell at some kids for running? :laughing:

Well on this trip 3 out of 5 people were aquatic people so we all face the water and watch out for everyone. :rotfl2: When we went to the pool, we had to chat up the guy who came by to check on it. :lmao:

I pretty much have gotten over it to some extent. I still look at the pool for obvious maintenance issues and when a pool is unguarded, I do watch a bit.
I have managed to listen to music or even read while at the pool. :rotfl2:

As long as it is not a pool I have to look after I am much better. :rotfl2:

Chris however is so much worse. Now that he actively lifeguards he is very stressed at a pool. He will yell at kids and so on. I just laugh at him now because I know exactly why he does that.

Pat, doesn't the ocean just make everything see so calm and peaceful? That's why we love Marco. The dogs are too cute, and I love those frogs in front of the condo.

Sounds like a great day/evening with friends.

I have always said the ocean can solve anything. When I lived on LI I was a bike ride from the beach and anytime I felt down or out of sorts I could ride or drive down and watch and listen to the ocean. :cloud9:

Those dogs can be a mess.:lmao: But they are fun to watch.

A great couple of days to unwind before gettting down to disney. The frogs were fun.

Doesn't sound bad at all so far! What a nice relaxing day at the beach! Sounds like you'd earned it.

Nope NOT horrible!!! I was really looking forward to that vacation. Shoot I look forward to all of them. :rotfl2:

I like the frog with the martini glass! :lmao:

Cute dogs, one really packed trunk, and a gorgeous beach resort! Love the pictures!

Curious, what was the name of that beach again? Somewhere in NC?

I liked that frog too. :rotfl2: I was on Seabrook Island, near Kiawah, SC.

The beach was nice and spots were pretty empty and calm. Just what I needed.

What a lovely way to start the trip! I agree that there is nothing more relaxing than the sound of the ocean :cloud9:

Oh Yes the ocean calms me right down. It was the perfect way to start the trip.

:cool1: GREAT START!!! LOVE ALL YOUR PICTURES!!! SO GLAD I JUMPED ON HERE TO READ YOUR TRIPPIE!!! :cool1:

LOVE the pictures of the FROGS … there is a store in Seaport Village in SAN DIEGO that sells those EXACT FROGS!!!

party: :welcome: party: Thanks for the compliments. I am sure the Giant Hello Kitty may have something to do with it? :rotfl2:

Such a tease.

Yup that's me.... :lmao:

Good for you. Unlike some other dummies around here.

Being an aquatic professional - a sandcastle I could do but getting sunburnt would be a no-no and well - I do tan well. :rolleyes1

Very nice!

Thank You... It was beautiful in person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter