Oh the places We Go, The People We see

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by jenseib, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

:cool1::cool1: Sound logic there!!!:lmao: I hope you end up with the :car: of your dreams.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Beth D

Beth D DIS Veteran

^^Ditto on the new car! With such sales going on now, how can you resist? YOu can also tell Skip about the air bags, and of course all the maintenance included! :thumbsup2

4. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

Good luck on finding the right car.

5. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

The car hunt is still on. He just can't bring himself to pay the amount of a new car and I found a used car that had a decent price and was pretty much like the new car I picked and he still has issues. you know...because I like it. Why would you buy a car your wife actually likes? Let's just say I am so sick of looking and waiting on him to make up his girly teenage mind!

6. SigalTchelet

SigalTchelet Mouseketeer

Oh cmon Skip! Give your wife a break after all she and Paige have been through! ;) Good luck Jen!:thumbsup2

7. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

I wish. I am so annoyed with the whole thing. And he is changing his mind every 5 minutes. I am not sure why he thinks he gets a choice on the type of car I get. I mean, if he gives me a budget and I stay in it, why should he car?

8. luvslikepi

luvslikepi DIS Veteran

Because men are like that...they like to think they have some semblance of control.

9. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Oh so true!!!!

10. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

I think I need to get a new ticker. I have noticed that my ticker says 210 days...for about a week now. I tried to make a new one yesterday in the same style and then it came up at 163 days till....which is also wrong. I guess I'll have to try a different style.

11. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

It was now close to our dinner time. We made an early dinner so we could enjoy the party later that evening. Our destination? The castle!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We got ourselves checked in and entered.

[​IMG]

I had debated on doing this again. We have done it twice before and the first time we had excellent food and a great meet experience with Cinderella. We had one of the last reservations of the day and she came over and sat with Claire and visited for a bit. It was truly a magical moment. That was back when they did the show during dinner rather than character meets, but it was still the best experience we have had there. Last time, which was April of 2011, the food was not all that good and it just wasn’t as magical. We did have nice meet and greets, but it just wasn’t a highlight for me.
    When Claire and I talked about where we planned to eat this trip, she mentioned that she must eat at CRT. I tried to talk her out of it, but she wouldn’t budge, and luckily I was able to get a reservation at a decent time. This was also one of the reasons we upgraded to deluxe dining. We had a couple of 2 credit meals and it made sense to just have more credits.

The nice thing about this visit is that it had a few Christmas decorations out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Soon we were called to get in line for Cinderella. I took pictures while we waited.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And our turn!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The photopass photographer asked if I wanted to be in the picture, and I said yes, but I also wanted one snapped of just Claire too. She said no, she could only take 1 picture as that was all that was included. I told her I knew that, but just wanted her to take a picture anyways. She refused and I gave up. I snapped a couple of Claire myself and bowed out of getting one with me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now when we got our picture later, I was NOT impressed. Cinderella looks like she is in pain with that smile. I almost was tempted to ask for a retake. Well I am glad I didn’t because after seeing my sisters pictures….and she had the same Cindy….and a few others posted on the boards with this same Cindy….I have found that is how she smiles. In real life she is pretty, but her smile is just not good. I am surprised Disney hasn’t either trained her to smile differently or taken her off to do something else. I am sorry if I sound mean, but I thought she looked awful.

[​IMG]

After our pictures, we headed up to our table. We had a nice spot next to a window. This was a first for us.

[​IMG]

Claire got herself all situated.

[​IMG]

She started coloring and our rolls were then served.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

We had made our orders and soon food started to come out.
    I got the Rock Shrimp Cocktail - rock shrimp with tomato marmalade. It is pretty decent tasting. Not fabulous, but I think it tasted better this time around compared to the last time I had it.

[​IMG]

Claire got the cheese and grapes. She really doesn’t eat plain cheese, so I nibbled at that. I should’ve just asked if she could have all grapes.

[​IMG]

Claire chose chicken nuggets for her entrée ….big surprise there.

[​IMG]

I believe I had the Roasted Beef Tenderloin - Sliced Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Duchess Potatoes, Asparagus, and a Chasseur Sauce. I am thinking I asked for no sauce, as last time I had it I found it pretty nasty.

[​IMG]

The food was definitely better this time around, but still not as good as the first time we came. I wish they would bring that menu back. It was so much better.

Soon it was time for the wishing ceremony.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She really gets into this.

[​IMG]

Close your eyes tight to be sure the wish sticks!

[​IMG]

And Snow came twirling by then.

[​IMG]

This is an attractive pose.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Time for dessert! Claire chose the decorate your cupcake.

[​IMG]

I don’t remember exactly what mine was. I think it was a seasonal dessert and I think it was some sort of pumpkin cheesecake.

[​IMG]

Claire really put a lot of time and effort in her cupcake decorating.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And knowing her, she probably only took one bite, or licked off the frosting.

So where are the characters? Yeah, we were wondering too. We actually were close to done eating before any made it to our table.
    First up,…Snow White.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then Jasmine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I used to have a stomach like that. Claire ruined my body. I looked great after Michael, Paige took a toll, but I popped back decently…after Claire nothing has been the same. LOL.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Caretames1

Caretames1 Mom & Crazed Planner

I agree with you about Cinderellas smile. It looks forced or pained.

I'm excited that we'll get 2 shots at CRT because of our party of 5. Each girl will get one.

I'm scared to do lunch or dinner there! If the foods bad it's such a waste! For us, breakfast is kinda hard to really screw up, and with it being all you can eat, it at least fills you for the day.

Kadence loves Claire's wish face, and of course thinks the wand up the nose is awesome. :lmao:

Claire looks pretty radiant in her pictures, must have been a very happy girl!

How's the car stuff coming?

14. mom2rtk

mom2rtk My, what red cheeks you have, Santa!

I'm going to have to agree on the Cinderella assessment. Very pretty girl, but that smile just isn't working for me. I think it's partly her eyes too. She looks startled or something.

I agree CRT has not been as magical for us as it was back in the day. I do think it's all about efficiency these days. Sadly. My favorite visit ever was our very first. Maybe it's just never the same after that? :) But I'll still keep going back of course!

15. dolphingirl47

dolphingirl47 In Search of the Tag Fairy

I had the same problem. Mine kept getting stuck for 10 days at a time so I changed it yesterday.

I am glad that the meal at CRT was better than the last time, but what a shame that the characters were all bunched together. Cinderella is not a hit with me either. I actually think the problem is not her smile, but the horrible lipstick that she is wearing.

I never noticed the Christmas decorations on the outside of the castle. I have to check them out this time round.

Corinna

16. scottny

scottny <font color=blue>You better have crackers<br><font

Glad to hear she is out of the hospital. Will be thinking of them all.
    OMG! How horrible to have another accident. What an idiot that guy was behind you. Glad all was okay.

Great Disney updates and pics.

17. Kathy Jetson

Kathy Jetson DIS Veteran

I've never eaten in the castle. I always wanted to but River and I are so picky I don't think we would eat hardly anything and its just not worth it for the money to me. It looks very pretty in there from your pictures.

I remember having a stomach like that too. Once I hit 45 it was gone:laughing: I miss it:(

18. mom2rtk

mom2rtk My, what red cheeks you have, Santa!

I'm pretty sure I didn't have a stomach like that at TWENTY! :rotfl:

19. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

She does look pained. She has some freaky smile eyes.
    I have looked at the lunch menu and it does not look good at all. Really the whole experience is a rip off but people want to eat in the castle and they can get away with it.

Well the car stuff is causing me so much anxiety. Let just say it's 5:45 AM and I have been up almost an hour already. I am so sick and tired of hearing is stupid reasonings. I have a feeling by the end of today I will be the owner of a high milage car that I do not want.

Her eyes are really weird.
    CRT used to have so much better food and now it's just OK. In my opinion you are paying for location and characters and food is an after thought.

I tried changing it and it still had the wrong amount of time. I guess I'll have to look at another supplier.

I was so in love with the decorations all over the park. I hope to make it back over a Christams season again.

Thanks Scott!

I hit 35 and mine was gone! :lmao:

That used to be my best feature. I always had ugly legs and a big booty, but flat stomach. Now it's all gone to pot.

20. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

Cinderella has that "hurry up and take the picture" smile. You'd think that she'd have a pretty smile down to a science 'cause you know that she takes a lot of them every day.

Maybe we should have eaten at the castle way back when instead of thinking about it now. The characters have no appeal to us and, unfortunately, a lot of the reviews aren't that great any more.

21. Beth D

Beth D DIS Veteran

YOu had typed it, but I was thinking it! She was not a good smiler! I agree, it's something with her pointy inward eyes! Put short reddish dark hair on her, and she looks just like my co-workers witchy wife!

Love the pic with the mice hidden up there! Too cute!

Good luck with the car & Skip. Thank goodness DH would never push me to something i didn't want!