Oh the places We Go, The People We see

So glad you enjoyed the party. I love your pictures of Main Street...really well done.

Claire's candy bag certainly looks quite full. :goodvibes

Oh, you so make me want to go back at halloween. Sigh.

Looks like Claire got a great haul of candy! :cool1:

LOVE the shot on Main Street with Claire leaning her head against you. :goodvibes

You should have bought all those green sequin mouse ears in the shop. I bought some online ahead of time for our trip and must have been stopped 10 times that week to ask where I got them. But everyone was out. So I had to laugh to see them all in the shop when you were there!

I can feel your fatigue. What a long day!

Kadence and I just went back over all the updates, and she wanted to add that she was glad that they got the good candy, and not raisins like last year.:rotfl2:

She's so excited to see more dancing pictures, and she wants you guys to plan a trip at the same time as we do again. I told her we'd get right on that.:thumbsup2

We were just dragging at the end of that night. Then combine that with the LLoooooonnnnnggggggg walk back to our room.

I am just getting ready to take Claire over the latest updates of yours she hasn't read yet. :rotfl:
I'm glad they didn't get raisins either!
I would love to do so. I really want to go in Dec though next. I just loved the christmas decor so much and want to see more.
You did have a long walk. We did too for that matter.

So glad you enjoyed the party. I love your pictures of Main Street...really well done.

Claire's candy bag certainly looks quite full. :goodvibes

thanks. It was a fun night and she got a lot of candy.

Oh, you so make me want to go back at halloween. Sigh.

Looks like Claire got a great haul of candy! :cool1:

LOVE the shot on Main Street with Claire leaning her head against you. :goodvibes

You should have bought all those green sequin mouse ears in the shop. I bought some online ahead of time for our trip and must have been stopped 10 times that week to ask where I got them. But everyone was out. So I had to laugh to see them all in the shop when you were there!

I can feel your fatigue. What a long day!

I saw those ears all over the place. I don't do headbands as they kill my head, but I wish we would've bought those for Claire too now that I keep hearing how hard they are to get. I think they had them on the ship too. We did end up buying silver ones for her. My thinking was she could wear them anytime we went back then. But now I wish I would've splurged and got both.

This is why I read TRs. Not only for the great pics :artist:, and to remind me of things I forget. I had also forgotten about the mermaid addition to POTC.

Nov. 3, 2013 ~ Day 3

A new day!
I think I woke up somewhere around 6:30 and 7. Claire was out like a light though. I checked my email and facebook then I showered and got ready for the day.

I took a look out on the balcony and WOW! We had a bunch of animals out there this morning.

akview1.jpg

akl218.jpg

akl219.jpg

akl220.jpg

akl221.jpg

akl223.jpg

akl224.jpg

akl225.jpg

The views were just gorgeous!

akl226.jpg

akl227.jpg

akl228.jpg

This guy was pacing all over and squawking so loudly. I think he wanted to be on the other side of the fence.

akl229.jpg

akl230.jpg

I fooled around a bit and took a few pictures of Flat Ben for my fellow Diser Dee.
And I got this one that was so cute. Claire never saw it till we got home and she was surprised to see it.

fb6.jpg

I decided that maybe I would try to do laundry. I know that staying on DVC points you get free laundry services. I headed out for a bit too look. Just so you know, Claire knows that if she wakes up and I am not there she is NOT to leave the room or answer the door. I only leave for a few minutes at a time and come back to check on her frequently if I walk out.
So I went in search and found a room not too far away. Now we didn’t have much laundry dirty, but I thought it would be nice to stay ahead of things. Well this was not for DVC members as you had to pay to use it. I went back to the room and looked at the resort map and still couldn’t find it. I wasn’t going to pay to do a few pieces of clothing, but I would do it for free. LOL
I think I snuck out a couple of times and never could find it.
In the meantime, while out searching, I was texting my Dis/Cruise Critic friend Ellen (podsnel). She had arrived yesterday as well and was staying in some fancy shmancy suite at AKL. She invited me to her room , but they were going to be leaving soon.
I told her I was going to run and get Claire dressed and we would be right over. I got Claire up and she was a little slow, well VERY slow. I put her dress on and told her we would skip brushing the rats nest and her teeth and just head over so we didn’t miss them. She could do those things when we got back.

She grumbled a bit, but was a little curious to see the room.
We headed out and I realized that Ellen’s room was about as far down the hall as ours was, but on the other wing.
I believe this is when, as we were walking a lady came out of her room and started walking as well and then asked me if I posted on the Disboards. I told her yes and she said she read my reports. We said hellos and she told me her name …and for the life of me, I cannot remember who it was. I know I recognized the name right away, but it is escaping me now. So if you are reading this report, please speak up and say hello. It was so nice meeting you!

EDIT~ it was Jedijill. I have no clue how I could've forgotten that!! :lovestruc

We continued on our long journey to Ellen’s room with the clock ticking. We arrived and knocked and she answered. It was a bit chaotic in her room too, as they were getting ready to leave and some of the family was walking out the door.

This was such an awesome fun meet though. I have been following Ellen’s reports for about a year now. She is married to Pods and has 3 boys, Sean, Tyler and Timmy. I believe her brother in-laws family was staying with them too. I got to meet them all!
It was so unreal to be saying hi to Timmy and Tyler. They were just as she writes about them. Super cute boys, btw! I bet they are breaking hearts all over.
After saying hi, all of them left except for Ellen and Sean, who was sleeping on the couch. Sean is Autistic and so is my nephew. After reading some of Ellen’s reports, it’s so funny how similar they are. I give Ellen a lot of credit, because I do know how hard it can be to raise a child like that. My nephew is wonderful too, but stubborn at times. I believe Ellen once had to take one of Sean’s favorite books ransom in order for him to get on a plane to fly to Florida one year. These are things my SIL has to do at times too.
We left Sean sleeping and Ellen gave us a tour of the place. I am going to say I was really bad and not on my game as I mostly gawked at the beauty of this place rather than taking pictures. I think it had like 4 bedrooms and a pool table room, a living room and kitchen too, if I remember right and several bathrooms. Ellen was beaming. She said it was the best place she had ever stayed at.
Here are the few pictures I did take.

akl231.jpg

This is the master bathroom.

akl234.jpg

Isn’t this just so cool!

akl235.jpg

akl236.jpg

akl237.jpg

I think this was the shower tiles in there.

akl238.jpg

They had a walk in closet that was the size of some people’s bedrooms. It was massive!

She grumbled a bit, but was a little curious to see the room.
We headed out and I realized that Ellen’s room was about as far down the hall as ours was, but on the other wing.
I believe this is when, as we were walking a lady came out of her room and started walking as well and then asked me if I posted on the Disboards. I told her yes and she said she read my reports. We said hellos and she told me her name …and for the life of me, I cannot remember who it was. I know I recognized the name right away, but it is escaping me now. So if you are reading this report, please speak up and say hello. It was so nice meeting you!

That was me! I recognized your hairdo. ;)

Jill in CO

We headed out to see her view.

akl239.jpg

They had 3 huge balconies! It was just amazing.

akl240.jpg

We settled in for a bit and chatted.
She was telling me how they had to cancel their annual girls cruise, as one of the girls now had to work. That was a bummer, as I love reading their reports about them. They really have a good time.
She also started talking about a Diser who lived in her town and was a school teacher, but also did side work in the same industry as I. I asked her the name and she told me. Well what a small world &that girl is my co-worker Nikki!
Soon we needed to wrap things up. We needed to check out of our room yet and have our bags taken and go to our morning ADR and she needed to get Sean going and off to meet the rest of the family.

Claire was a tiny bit bored too. (love the wild hair)

akl241.jpg

We had Claire take pictures of us. She brightened up when we asked her to do that.

ellenandi.jpg

And this was the one she took with Ellens camera.

67648_4493310728090_510421676_n.jpg

As we headed out, Ellen showed me one other bathroom we had missed.

akl242.jpg

Then we said good byes. She was going to be here for several more days too and we talked about possibly meeting up later in the trip, but I was so busy, as I am sure she was too, that it never happened.

We rushed back the long journey to our room. Claire brushed her teeth and I made a call to bell services to pick up our bags.
I then had the task of brushing rat city out of Claires hair. And guess what, the darn brush broke in it! UGH! I got it kind of put back together to finish the task and then I called my mother. They were on their way to my sisters, (where most of the family was meeting to go to the airport) and her and my Dad were stopping off at the pharmacy first. PERFECT!
I asked if she would buy a new hairbrush for Claire and bring it down and she said no problem. Thinking back, I am sure the gift shop probably had something, but I was in a small panic mode thinking that I wouldnt have a brush for the rest of the trip.
Soon we had a knock on our door and a lady was there to take our bags. She was so nice and so funny. She asked if I normally stay at Grand Floridian, and I told her no, (I wish) and she said there is a lady who had my same hair that stays there all the time and she always recognizes her by the unusual hair. So there you have it folks. I am NOT the only one who has this crazy color, as my Mom would say.
I told her I never got a voucher for Magical Express on my door and she told me just to go to Bell services later and they will be able to write one for me.
Claire and I were using Magical Express today to get back to the airport where we would meet up with the rest of the family and then rent cars to head over to Port Canaveral. I had called a few days prior, as told by ME and had it arranged and given a time to leave. Since we weren't catching a flight, we only had to leave about an hour before their flight arrived.

Well there was no time to take a breath and relax. We had an ADR to get to ....Boma!
We headed down and checked right in.

boma1.jpg

We only had to wait for a few minutes.

boma2.jpg

boma3.jpg

We were led to a table for 2 next to a window. I will state right now, that almost all my pictures are fuzzy or blurry. I guess I didnt have my game on this morning.

boma4.jpg

boma5.jpg

We headed up and got Claire a plate of fruit.

boma6.jpg

I got a little more than fruit. LOL

boma7.jpg

Not sure why she is making such a weird face.

boma8.jpg

boma9.jpg

boma10.jpg

boma11.jpg

We both headed back up a couple of times. Claire really liked the sausage and the ham from the carving station.

boma12.jpg

boma13.jpg

boma14.jpg

boma15.jpg

boma16.jpg

boma17.jpg

boma18.jpg

boma19.jpg

Wow, that room was quite something. Was this a Grand Villa? I love Boma, but have never made it for breakfast there. I loved all the animal pictures.

Corinna

Wow, that room was quite something. Was this a Grand Villa? I love Boma, but have never made it for breakfast there. I loved all the animal pictures.

Corinna

Yes, I beleive it was some sort of Grand Villa. This place was bigger than my duaghters 2 bedroom apartment.

I think you & Claire are eating at the same table DH & I had when we were at Boma for dinner!

That was really cool you got to meet Podsnel & her sons. I saw those balconies when at the pool & didn't realize that was one room!

I tried to get a picture of the See Ya Real Soon pumpkins, but it didnt turn out too great.

seeyarealsoonpumpkins.jpg

I read a blog about photographing the MNSSHP and it recommends taking a picture of the See Ya Real Soon pumpkins when you first arrive and the sun is still out. Of course that's no help to you now.

You as well! Nice to meet a Dis celebrity!

Jill in CO

I don't know about that. But thanks. It was nice to see you too!

I think you & Claire are eating at the same table DH & I had when we were at Boma for dinner!

That was really cool you got to meet Podsnel & her sons. I saw those balconies when at the pool & didn't realize that was one room!

It was a nice spot!
I was really fortunate to meet a lot of people this trip.
Ellen's room was awesome.

Wow! That grand villa is phenomenal! That bathroom is bigger than my kitchen!

It was huge!

I read a blog about photographing the MNSSHP and it recommends taking a picture of the See Ya Real Soon pumpkins when you first arrive and the sun is still out. Of course that's no help to you now.

Now you tell me! :rotfl2: But you are right, I should've taken it in the daylight.

Isn't it neat when you meet other Disers? It's so cool to finally put a face to a name. ::yes::

Yowzers! Ellen's suite is sweeeeet! It looked amazing.

Isn't it neat when you meet other Disers? It's so cool to finally put a face to a name. ::yes::

Yowzers! Ellen's suite is sweeeeet! It looked amazing.

I do love meeting them The planned ones are great, but the surprise ones are just as wonderful.

yes it was!

Now you tell me! :rotfl2: But you are right, I should've taken it in the daylight.

Let's see if I remember this advice later this year. Here is a link to the blog in case you are interested in reading it. I'm sure you will be going back to a MNSSHP event in the next few years.

blog

That was me! I recognized your hairdo. ;)

Thats what I tild my DH to look for, the hairdo!::yes::

Now it my turn to be jealous, Kadence too! (she made me write that)The animals out your window, So cool! Such a opportunity to experience that!:thumbsup2

Rat nest hair, yup, I just picked out Kadence's hair and she has a fit every time. I'd never cut it short, but it's tempting!

Beautiful room that your DIS friend has! When I win the lotto.

Is Boma a buffet for all meals? I'm trying to think of a way to get over to AKL next time and a buffet would interest John.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter