Oh the places We Go, The People We see

I guess you got it fixed..... I ALWAYS switch back on the upper right hand corner. After it totally locked up on me and I could not even shut down I do not even attempt it anymore. So annoying.

I guess they had some cookies glitch or something and it ended that day and everyone got switched. People were complaining away on the facebook page. They finally got it fixed, and said it won't switch back till they have all the bugs fixed with the new site. Then many of us told them what we thought of the new site. I am really debating if I will renew my pro account. I am afraid that I will renew and it will switch right after and then I'll be stuck with an awful site.
Someone mentioned they are trying to make it facebook friendly, but everyon on the page told them they don't use it for facebook, if they want pictures there they actually load them there themselves. LOL. I agree, thats how I do it too. I use photobucket for forums and I need it forum friendly. ;)

Can't sleep, so I'm catching up over here now…

Photobucket is KILLING me lately. Ugh… and have you noticed, that even using the "old" part, the editing has changed, and it's the "new style"? :rolleyes2 It's now a hybrid of the two and it's NOT user friendly. I hate change anyway, so I guess maybe I'm not a good person to judge… but if you aren't going to keep the good parts, then why change the format at all????

BOO to having to chase down your room, but WOOHOO what a room it was!!! I would love to stay there one day, and seeing that layout makes me want to even more! Very nice!

The Halloween decor is so pretty!!! LOVE the pictures of Claire with the fireworks going off at the Castle! What about perfect timing?!?!?!!?pixiedust:

I don't edit opn photobucket, so I haven't checked that part out, but from what I heard from others, it isn't user friendly either.
We were getting tired, well I was, Claire would never want to give up swimming for a nap, and I was getting antsy for our room. I think this was Claire's favorite place we have stayed at. She has been talking about it a lot lately again. I can see Skips eyes glaze over when she starts talking about going again and staying there. :crazy2: She has said more than once that we HAVE to go back this year, and then she mentions it would be better if we had a big family trip again and Dad came to this time. I can see his eyes rolling in his head. :rotfl2:

That photographer was good. I hadn't realized they were going off at the time till I saw the pictures, but I did notice that he was taking his time at taking pictures, and it clicked then, he was trying to get the fireworks in them.

Two TRs going on at the same time??? It's not fair confusing us that are easily confused.:rotfl2:

LOL> Yeah, try writing two. :lmao: I am easily confused at times too, so I really have to work at keeping things seperated in my mind. :crazy2:

Love the room and party updates! Claire's outfit is adorable, and I love your tie-dyed shirt! Looks like y'all were off to a good start at the party!

I love all your photopass pics! We just don't have any luck with photopass. One of us always has their eyes closed or the picture is out of focus. I think in all these years I have only bought about 6 pics at WDW. I take about 1500 pics though usually:rotfl:

beretpumpkin.jpg

OMG! We took the same picture!:lmao:

I can't wait to show Kadence all your pictures! She's gonna be so happy to see Claire and what you guys were doing just before we met.

We didn't stop for PP in the square either. I wanted to try for later, but it never happened. Oh well, Kadence said we have last years so apparently we're good.:rolleyes:

I think my picture of the clock in front of MK says 4:20ish. I tried to be on time, but ......I explained on my TR!

Love the room and party updates! Claire's outfit is adorable, and I love your tie-dyed shirt! Looks like y'all were off to a good start at the party!

Thanks. That was a borrowed outfit from Janet (mom2trk). We were lucky to have the opportunity to borrow quite a few. I made the tie dye and Claire was wearing a matching dress earilier.

I love all your photopass pics! We just don't have any luck with photopass. One of us always has their eyes closed or the picture is out of focus. I think in all these years I have only bought about 6 pics at WDW. I take about 1500 pics though usually:rotfl:

Thanks. We have those too. I like to get photopass though, otherwise there are very few pictures, if any with me in them!

OMG! We took the same picture!:lmao:

I can't wait to show Kadence all your pictures! She's gonna be so happy to see Claire and what you guys were doing just before we met.

We didn't stop for PP in the square either. I wanted to try for later, but it never happened. Oh well, Kadence said we have last years so apparently we're good.:rolleyes:

I think my picture of the clock in front of MK says 4:20ish. I tried to be on time, but ......I explained on my TR!

I noticed that too. I was trying to soak in all the Halloween decor.
I am usually an on time person, but it doesn't always work. And at Disney it never works. LOL

I have no idea how I managed to miss you starting this but here and catching up.

I need a reeses peanut butter cheesecake.

Luv the Princess crown. I want to celebrate my birthday in WDW some year just for the free cupakes and princess crown :lmao:

Luvin all the pics of the resort.
Love Claire's Halloween outfit as well

Phew....I'm not as far behind as I thought I would be.

Love the ice show photos...great job. :thumbsup2

Wow...you got a great view at AKL; I can see how excited Claire is and I can't say that I blame her when she is looking at my favorite animal.

I was glad to see pictures of the Studio because I hadn't really seen any and I would get a studio the next time we stay at AKL (we'll get a one-bedroom if the kids come with us; if not, a studio is more than enough for Mark and I).

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for finally get to the MK for the party. Love Claire's outfit. And aren't the Halloween decorations the best?

I have no idea how I managed to miss you starting this but here and catching up.

I need a reeses peanut butter cheesecake.

Luv the Princess crown. I want to celebrate my birthday in WDW some year just for the free cupakes and princess crown :lmao:

Luvin all the pics of the resort.
Love Claire's Halloween outfit as well

That's Ok. I am so behind on everything ...once again. I take a half day off of reading and 5 zillion people post!

I would love to go on my actual b-day but I doubt it will ever happen. I would like to plan one over Claire's b-day. That would in Dec...perfect time for more X-mas decorations!

Phew....I'm not as far behind as I thought I would be.

Love the ice show photos...great job. :thumbsup2

Wow...you got a great view at AKL; I can see how excited Claire is and I can't say that I blame her when she is looking at my favorite animal.

I was glad to see pictures of the Studio because I hadn't really seen any and I would get a studio the next time we stay at AKL (we'll get a one-bedroom if the kids come with us; if not, a studio is more than enough for Mark and I).

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for finally get to the MK for the party. Love Claire's outfit. And aren't the Halloween decorations the best?

Nope, I am neglecting this. :rotfl: Well not really, just not enough time in the day anymore.
We loved the Halloween Decor!

I loved the variety of costumes people wore at the MNSSHP. I thought it was neat how they carve all those pumpkins on the buildings by hand and at the exit when we went it said "See ya real soon" carved out in pumpkins.

We are from Wisconsin and our baseball team has some racing sausages. We actually saw some people from WI dressed as them. This one guy was dressed up as Captain Hook and had a ton of people around him. My Claire had a Princess makeover for the party, my oldest was a cat, but my hubby and I's costumes didn't arrive until we were on the Dream a few days after we left CBR! I thought the parade was the best part of the whole night and getting to ride the rides all by ourselves.

I loved the variety of costumes people wore at the MNSSHP. I thought it was neat how they carve all those pumpkins on the buildings by hand and at the exit when we went it said "See ya real soon" carved out in pumpkins.

We are from Wisconsin and our baseball team has some racing sausages. We actually saw some people from WI dressed as them. This one guy was dressed up as Captain Hook and had a ton of people around him. My Claire had a Princess makeover for the party, my oldest was a cat, but my hubby and I's costumes didn't arrive until we were on the Dream a few days after we left CBR! I thought the parade was the best part of the whole night and getting to ride the rides all by ourselves.

It was really neat to see the costumes. There was a guy dressed as Captain Jack, and I swear we all kept wondering for awhile if he was real or not. But then we saw him walking with a girl dressed as a bride and we knew it was him.
I remember that bout your costuems. Thats such a bummer. I would've been fuming.

Halloween has never been one of my fav times of the year but your pics make it awfully tempting!

Halloween has never been one of my fav times of the year but your pics make it awfully tempting!

Thanks. We had a good time. I hope to add more in the next day or two. Things seem to never settle down here anymore

After our Magic shots, we continued up to the hub. There we stopped and waited for Carey and her family. I think we sent a few texts back and forth. While we waited, I took a few pictures of the area. Claire jumped in some of them.

sunistoobright.jpg

Hey! There’s Tomorrowland!

glimpseoftomorrowland.jpg

Looking to see if we see Carey.

viewbackdownmainstreet.jpg

Nope!

statue1.jpg

statue2.jpg

statue3.jpg

castle1.jpg

castle2.jpg

statue4.jpg

We decided to get in line for a photopass picture here then.

Photo0155FourBySix.jpg

Photo0157FourBySix.jpg

Not long after the picture we got a text from Carey saying she too was near the Partners Statue. Hunh? So are we. So we walked around and kept looking, and there she was in plain view!

It was so nice to meet her. We met on Dis a few years ago and hit it right off. She loves to take pictures, which was one of the first things that drew me towards her. She also has an older daughter that is close in age to my older DD Paige. Then her younger DD, Kadence is about a year older than Claire. Claire was super excited to meet Kadence. She had seen pictures of her previous trips online and we have talked about her a LOT! Claire knew that this trip was a complete surprise for Kadence. (I think Claire was secretly jealous about that part) Claire and I will take walks to get in shape, and often on these walks we have to talk about every detail of our upcoming trip. These walks included a lot of talking about Kadence.
So the big moment has finally arrived. According to Carey, Kadence was very excited to find out she would be meeting up with Claire too. Well this big moment, was a DUD! Both girls immediately became shy. Almost hiding behind us. Seriously, after all this planning, you are NOT even going to talk to each other!
Well that didn’t matter, as Carey and I started talking right away. I had a gift for Kadence that we gave her and they had one of Claire as well. Claire kind of peeked in the bag, but I think she was too shy to really take a look, same with Kadence. Carey pulled out a journal from the bag she gave Claire and said it was for me. She said it was a gift from her and Janet (The dress maker who we were borrowing outfits from). OH Gosh! There was no need for either of them to do that. But it was so nice! I have to admit, I have only written about half a days’ worth in there and I need to get at it and finish it up. She also made this very cute autograph book for Claire. I loved it, and so did Claire. But as the trip went on, we forgot to bring it with us on a few key days and it only got a few signatures in it. I may take this with us again next trip. It’s too cute to waste and it has spots to put pictures in too.

Now it was time to get a group shot. We made Carey’s husband, John, take our pictures. Carey warned that he is not the best picture taker, but they came out OK.
The first one looks like we are cringing. We are probably smiling and giving him instructions on how to use the cameras. LOL

careyandi1.jpg

And of course we have the bright sun in our eyes too.

careyandi2.jpg

We chatted a bit more and then it was time to head off. We would be meeting up in a week’s time, as our girls were going to do the Wonderland Tea Party together.

Claire and I headed back towards Fantasyland. We stopped and asked if the new part was open for previews, but no such luck. I did ask if it would open during the party and she gave me a knowing look and said to check back then once it started.

It was time for a snack. We weren’t quite ready to eat dinner (and honestly we were hoping to eat in new Fantasyland), so we went to get a Dole Whop Float. This is a new favorite for us, just having our first try of these last March.

We got in line and it was moving kind of slow. I think the guy we had was new, because he seemed to not understand what we wanted at first. In line I said we should share one now, but Claire was insistent that she needed her own. She said I was a pig and would eat it all. LOL.
So we decided that she would get the pineapple one and I would get the orange one.

dolewhip1.jpg

It took a while, but we finally walked away with one in our hands and took a seat across the way,

Claire obviously is mad that I made her wait for a picture before she could eat hers.

dolewhip2.jpg

dolewhip3.jpg

They were darn good!
A picture of our view.

alohaisle.jpg

After a bit, I asked Claire if I could have a bite of hers and she could have one of mine. This actually worked out great, and we ended up trading then. We got half of one we loved and then another half of another we loved.
After we finished up, we headed out again towards Fantasyland.

castle3.jpg

castlewalls.jpg

As soon as she spotted the sword, we had to stop. She learned about this on our April 2011 trip. She knows it “may” pull out for some lucky strong kid, and she wants to be that kid.

swordtry1.jpg

swordtry2.jpg

She kept telling me she could feel it move and was sure it was ready to come out.

Anyone out there? Help me!!

swordtry3.jpg

swordtry4.jpg

We had no such luck, and we headed off again.

Luvin the update. I love how kids pretend they're shy when they meet new people. I still need to try a dole whip float. I got all confused when i went there before and ended up with just vanilla ice-cream. I need the floaty thing.

Luvin the update. I love how kids pretend they're shy when they meet new people. I still need to try a dole whip float. I got all confused when i went there before and ended up with just vanilla ice-cream. I need the floaty thing.

Yeah, normally she never shuts up. The floats are way better than just the dish of icecream

Catching up a bit...

That stinks about not getting a text or call about your room! I hear that happens all too often. So strange. :confused3

I hope the girls warm up to each other by the next meeting! It's so funny how kids do that...Henry is the same way.

Mmmm...Dole Whip.

Would you get an orange one again? I never thought to put the orange in it. Did vanilla, the vanilla/pineapple swirl, and just pineapple in the juice. Of those I liked the pineapple dole whip in the pineapple juice.

Catching up a bit...

That stinks about not getting a text or call about your room! I hear that happens all too often. So strange. :confused3

I hope the girls warm up to each other by the next meeting! It's so funny how kids do that...Henry is the same way.

Mmmm...Dole Whip.

It's so annoying. Why bother saying you are going to do so, if you aren't.
We do see them a few more times, so they have a few chances at friendship! ;)

Would you get an orange one again? I never thought to put the orange in it. Did vanilla, the vanilla/pineapple swirl, and just pineapple in the juice. Of those I liked the pineapple dole whip in the pineapple juice.

YES! I actually like the orange one slightly better. The first one I got last spring was the orange and Claire and I loved it. Then my husband took a bite and asked what it was, so he went off to get one, but he just asked for a float and got the pineapple, so we tasted his and it was really good too.
Now that I think about it, I have to run to the store. Maybe'll I'll get some orange icecream and pineapple juice and make one tonight. Not nearly as good, But Claire will LOVE it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter