Oh NO!!!

prune1977

DIS Veteran
So we're going to Disney for the 1st time in Jan. It's myself, DW, DS 5, DD 3 and DS infant. We're on the DDXP and after seeing the food on these boards; I'm wondering HOW MUCH WEIGHT AM I going to Gain!!! We will be doing probably at least 2 TS meals a day as at home we do eat at the table for breakfast, lunch and dinner (Well I don't I'm gone working at lunch). But our meals don't usually include a app., entree, and dessert.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, I think that you'll be fine.

If the DxDDP doesn't match your eating style, it may be cheaper for you to use the DDP and pay for some of the extras out of pocket.

If the DxDDP is a better deal for you financially than the idea mentioned above, don't sweat not eating all of the things that you're 'entitled' to. It's still a good deal for you if you skip a few appetizers, etc.

(ETA - when figuring out the DDP cost vs value, it's best for each family to go through the menus. Pretend that money is no object and look at the menus to see what you'd want to eat if you walked into that restaurant and sat down to eat. Add those totals up, add up the cost of the DDP and you'll know which deal is best for you) :goodvibes

I think is really about your food choices. If you dont plan to do alot of signature resturants, deluxe might not be right for you. You have to go into it like a food tasting. The one time we did deluxe we really enjoyed trying different resturants and different foods.

Even if you stick with the deluxe plan your chance of gaining more than a couple pounds are very SLIM.
You are moving and walking so much it is pretty hard to gain weight at WDW.

If you only walked a few (2-3) hours during the day, ate every dessert (totally), ate the appetizer and drank extra sodas during the day...times that by 3 meals a day then you may gain a couple pounds.

With you saying you are only eating 2 meals and if you plan to do the parks each day...don't worry. Honest.

We get the DDP and eat like normal (with the exception of a couple extra snacks a day). And I lose weight at WDW. You burn so many calories, unless you are an extreme athlete it isn't an issue.

Have fun and don't worry about it.

Hello,

I would too worry about that. Our last two trips to wdw I was - and I still am - under weight watchers plan and doing the DDP. I manage to gain only three pounds in two weeks. Ok it may be a lot for you but the difference between what I eat usualy at home and during my vacation was completly like day and night. Nothing to compare ! I was able to eat in two days my "points" for the week :scared1:

What makes it possible is the walking. You will walk a LOT ! So if you don't usualy practice sport, you will feel the difference.

And if you really are worry, you can always skip the dessert or ask some fresh fruits. It wors well too !

I wouldn't worry about it. I've never gained weight on a Disney trip in my life - all the walking seems to balance out all the eating, even on the DxDDP. And there are lighter choices available - on the deluxe plan, at least you can have a salad with your meal (I get to feeling veggie-deprived at CS!), and we use a lot of our snack credits for fruit bowls and berries at our resort's food court as light breakfasts or evening snacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter