Oh! My Peanut butter! (a 2013 PHM report)

Found you, and all caught up! :wave2:

Glad you found me!! :welcome:

Your family looks familiar- I feel like I might have seen some of your ToT 10 miler report at one point.

I am still writing that TR for the ToT 10 miler...so maybe.

Looks like you're off to a good start, and enjoying good weather! I'm loving all of your MK pictures. I feel like the older I get, the more I love MK which is strange because when I was younger I used to think of it as a 'kid's' park.

I know what you mean! I am finding I want more and more MK time. And yes, the weather was amazing. A little hot at times... but yes, very nice.

i'm insanely jealous of your Wishes cruise! I LOVE Wishes- I cry every time I hear the soundtrack!

The cruise was simply amazing! It is a memory I will have to last a life time!

Looking forward to hearing more- especially about the race! :cheer2:

I am getting closer. I just posted some of my expo pics. So I am finally to race weekend. :goodvibes

Just saw your second update! So glad to see some insight on the expo. Your pictures make it look crowded which seemed like the most common complaint from the weekend.

Is that strawberry soup I spy?! Love that stuff! I've heard some bad reviews about 1900s but we went in January and I really liked it! GF is great too, though I also don't really have a desire to stay there. DSis is dying to though so I'm sure we'll stay a night or two eventually :goodvibes

Seems like the runDisney transpo is pretty convenient for traveling around the World in general over the weekend. We're planning on doing a lot of resort hopping on our PHM trip so that's good to keep in mind.

Just saw your second update! So glad to see some insight on the expo. Your pictures make it look crowded which seemed like the most common complaint from the weekend.

It was crowded. VERY crowded. I am not sure that the floor of WWOS would have been much better though. I think it is just the price you pay for 26 thousand or so runners and their families or friends checking out the expo
Is that strawberry soup I spy?! Love that stuff! I've heard some bad reviews about 1900s but we went in January and I really liked it! GF is great too, though I also don't really have a desire to stay there. DSis is dying to though so I'm sure we'll stay a night or two eventually :goodvibes

OMG, YES! I do love that stuff. Each time though I find it odd that there are no bowls where they serve it. maybe it is actually suppose to be more like a sauce...but just ladle me up a bowl and I am happy ::yes::
Seems like the runDisney transpo is pretty convenient for traveling around the World in general over the weekend. We're planning on doing a lot of resort hopping on our PHM trip so that's good to keep in mind.

It was... but keep in mind... only if the resort you are looking to go to is a host resort (not all races have all resorts as host) and also... unlike this year when going from my hotesl (CSR) to any other was direct..... you won't have that resort to resort transport. It was the fact that the expo was there. So if they move the expo back to WWOS... you will go from your resort to WWOS...and then there to the other resort (again assuming the resort is a host). So still a middle stop. :sad2:

Joining in! We were there for PHM, too.

Loving the report so far! Yes, the Expo was insanely crowded. I did wait in that loooong line for official merchandise, only because it was my first Disney race - I wouldn't have waited so long otherwise. :)

Looking forward to reading more!

Joining in! We were there for PHM, too.

Loving the report so far! Yes, the Expo was insanely crowded. I did wait in that loooong line for official merchandise, only because it was my first Disney race - I wouldn't have waited so long otherwise. :)

Looking forward to reading more!

:cool1: So glad to have another phm participant here.

The expo was so bad... and I soo regret not going to the booth. I am kinda superstitious. I cant bare to buy "i did it" stuff when I have yet "to do it" ;) For that reason, I wish the expo went on one more day.

Do you plan to do more disney races? I am already signed up for the ToT and have plans to register as soon as it opens for the PHM 2014.

I really like both the purse and the shoes...but I am like you I am no sure I would shell out the cash for either of them!

Breakfast looks yummy...Boo saw it and wants to make strawberry soup again...I am really hoping for a better ADR at 1900 when we go then I had on our family trip. I love the GF Cafe for breakfast...lobster eggs benedict, strawberry soup and the bread pudding. I should be a happy girl!

OH MY those expo crowd pictures SCARE me. But I love the picture of you and Zoe with your bibs...I hope they have a photo opp like that for us!

I didn't realize I was two updates behind on this TR. :faint:

OMG - the Wishes Cruise looks and sounds amazing. How amazing of Karin and Tom to invite you as their guests. Wow!!!! Now I have to add that cruise to my bucket list. It looks so amazing.

Too funny about Alex. I can only imagine what his payback will be.

Those Disney running shoes are ridiculously cute. I have to know what the price tag was on those puppies. So. Darn. Cute.

Love the loot and the pictures from the Run Disney event. Can't wait to hear about the race.

Breakfast looks amazing.

Loving your TR.

Okay, hopefully I can remember everything I wanted to comment on .......

Those running shoes look pretty cute, not such a big fan of the Dooney's. ;)

Your breakfast looked pretty good and character interaction seemed to have been good as well.
I could NOT believe how many people were at the Expo .... it looks packed. You were very brave.

Love the shirt and pin! :thumbsup2

I really like both the purse and the shoes...but I am like you I am no sure I would shell out the cash for either of them!

They are cute..there are very cute items though that I wish I had fought my way in to see/purchase. Like a key ring that is a mini version of the phm medal. I WANT IT!!!
Breakfast looks yummy...Boo saw it and wants to make strawberry soup again...I am really hoping for a better ADR at 1900 when we go then I had on our family trip. I love the GF Cafe for breakfast...lobster eggs benedict, strawberry soup and the bread pudding. I should be a happy girl!

Breakfast there is among my favorites for sure. It will be yummy! Plus...so glad we both like bread pudding. Ya know..not everyone does. I think for some it is a texture thing.

OH MY those expo crowd pictures SCARE me. But I love the picture of you and Zoe with your bibs...I hope they have a photo opp like that for us!

I know... it was so crazy!!! It could be more or less so for the TOT.. it just depends on how many people they let register. Something tells me it will be more than last year... so I would expect the expo to be more crowded than last year... but probably not quite as bad as the phm. All of this said though...this is why I figure we need to plan hours for the expo in the fall... it definitely wont be an in and out sort of thing. (although it could be :rolleyes:) And as for the photo op... I don't remember any for ToT... but remember, I was stressed from the hospital call... the rain... the "I did it" purchasing.. the crowd at the expo... and lets not forget registering for the phm where someone snapped at Zoe and told her that I just wanted to make her run alone at the phm...so I may have just overlooked any that were there. ;)

I didn't realize I was two updates behind on this TR. :faint:

Well, to be fair..I wrote one and it was too big for one post...so they came out one right after another. :goodvibes

OMG - the Wishes Cruise looks and sounds amazing. How amazing of Karin and Tom to invite you as their guests. Wow!!!! Now I have to add that cruise to my bucket list. It looks so amazing.

Karin and Tom were way to generous! It was so nice of them to have us as their guests!!! It was amazing!! I thoroughly enjoyed it!!! It is definitely something that you should have on your bucket list. I am a bit conflicted now though... it was so amazing and definitely an experience that stands out in all my disney trips.... so while I want to do it again.. I want it to be that stand out experience for the rest of my life. Course... I guess it will be no matter what since it was the first time. It was also my first dismeet after the fall trip so that helps to make it more special too...kinda a healing sort of thing.

Too funny about Alex. I can only imagine what his payback will be.

It was Zach... HE is my mischievous one!!! Alex.. not so much. But yes... Zach gets back today...and Kimberly is planning some mischief. I can't wait to see the video!!! He will get his!!!

Those Disney running shoes are ridiculously cute. I have to know what the price tag was on those puppies. So. Darn. Cute.

I want to say that they are between $125 and $150. They are only offered at the races though... and sold out at the first two. I am not sure they did at the phm. I wonder if they are going to be there for the ToT in the fall...

Love the loot and the pictures from the Run Disney event. Can't wait to hear about the race.

There were some other things... I just didn't get a picture of everything... like a very cute pink mesh bag...

Breakfast looks amazing.

Loving your TR.

Okay, hopefully I can remember everything I wanted to comment on .......

Those running shoes look pretty cute, not such a big fan of the Dooney's. ;)

Your breakfast looked pretty good and character interaction seemed to have been good as well.
I could NOT believe how many people were at the Expo .... it looks packed. You were very brave.

Love the shirt and pin! :thumbsup2

The shoes are cute... I just wish they had more "models" I can't run in a stability shoe... so while they are cute, I couldn't use them.

breakfast was yummy. I do wish we had not been right near the door, but all and all we had a good time.

The shirt and pin were my favorite! (well, not including the medal)

:cool1: So glad to have another phm participant here.

The expo was so bad... and I soo regret not going to the booth. I am kinda superstitious. I cant bare to buy "i did it" stuff when I have yet "to do it" ;) For that reason, I wish the expo went on one more day.

Do you plan to do more disney races? I am already signed up for the ToT and have plans to register as soon as it opens for the PHM 2014.

I expected it to be crowded, but man alive, it was worse than I thought it would be! I don't remember how long it took to get through the booth, but it was at least an hour, maybe longer?

Yes, I'm actually registered for the DL Half to get my C2C! DH is going to run the 10K. We have family in SoCal, so we'll have a cheering section, too.

I definitely want to do the Donald at some point as well (he's my favorite character). And Wine and Dine. And...ok, so I pretty much want to do them all. Wish I lived closer to FL! :)

I am already signed up for the ToT and have plans to register as soon as it opens for the PHM 2014.

Ann, does that mean that you will be there in February 2014 too? I just need to know ....... maybe you need some more chocolate? ;) :rolleyes1

Oh my word the expo crowds. So terrible! I wonder if the CSR convention center is actually larger than where it was held at WWoS? It looks smaller from the pictures, and WWoS was small as it was.

I love the loot pictures though - the shirt and medal were so pretty this year, I'm really jealous!!

I expected it to be crowded, but man alive, it was worse than I thought it would be! I don't remember how long it took to get through the booth, but it was at least an hour, maybe longer?

so my hour estimate wasn't off base. I would have liked to go in... but Steve and Zoe were about done by the time we got to that area.

Yes, I'm actually registered for the DL Half to get my C2C! DH is going to run the 10K. We have family in SoCal, so we'll have a cheering section, too.

I think that is the one that is in the fall, right? I already was planning the ToT... so no going for that. Someday... maybe..:rolleyes:

I definitely want to do the Donald at some point as well (he's my favorite character). And Wine and Dine. And...ok, so I pretty much want to do them all. Wish I lived closer to FL! :)

Tell me about the Donald? What is that one?

And.. yes, the wine and dine looks awesome... but it is awefully close to the ToT... so again... probably have to choose one or the other. 2013 and 2014 are committed to the ToT..so again.. someday... :rolleyes:

Ann, does that mean that you will be there in February 2014 too? I just need to know ....... maybe you need some more chocolate? ;) :rolleyes1

:rotfl: Do you know I gained 6 pounds since coming back from WDW? I blame those chocolates!!! :rotfl2: So yummy... so irresistible. Now I have to run more cause I was a bit of a piggie with them. ;)

However, to answer your question.. yes princess weekend is 2/21 to 2/24 so i will be there around those dates. :goodvibes

Oh my word the expo crowds. So terrible! I wonder if the CSR convention center is actually larger than where it was held at WWoS? It looks smaller from the pictures, and WWoS was small as it was.

WWOS is larger... or so I have heard. Either way though, those crowds would have been horrid.

I love the loot pictures though - the shirt and medal were so pretty this year, I'm really jealous!!

You are in for next year, right? So next year you can get your medal!!! Each year they seem to get prettier!!

:rotfl: Do you know I gained 6 pounds since coming back from WDW? I blame those chocolates!!! :rotfl2: So yummy... so irresistible. Now I have to run more cause I was a bit of a piggie with them. ;)

However, to answer your question.. yes princess weekend is 2/21 to 2/24 so i will be there around those dates. :goodvibes

Only 6 pounds? :scared1: Then it was definitely not enough chocolate! :rotfl2:

It looks like our trips overlap again! We will be there Feb 15 - 22! :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Only 6 pounds? :scared1: Then it was definitely not enough chocolate! :rotfl2:

It looks like our trips overlap again! We will be there Feb 15 - 22! :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

No... I can't blame the chocolate. I probably has more to do with cutting my running nearly in half. I went from running about 25 miles a week (little less) to running 15 miles a week.

:cool1::cool1: We will be there then!!! As we get closer to the dates, we will have to make plans to meet up again!!!

No... I can't blame the chocolate. I probably has more to do with cutting my running nearly in half. I went from running about 25 miles a week (little less) to running 15 miles a week.

:cool1::cool1: We will be there then!!! As we get closer to the dates, we will have to make plans to meet up again!!!

:thumbsup2 :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Hm, do I see an Illuminations cruise in my future? :rotfl2:

so my hour estimate wasn't off base. I would have liked to go in... but Steve and Zoe were about done by the time we got to that area.

I think that is the one that is in the fall, right? I already was planning the ToT... so no going for that. Someday... maybe..:rolleyes:

Yep, Labor Day weekend! DL is my "home" park, so I'm super excited to run this one. It'll be hot for sure, but not nearly as humid as Florida! :thumbsup2

Tell me about the Donald? What is that one?

The Donald is the Half Marathon that is held during the big WDW Marathon weekend in January. From what I've read, it's exactly the same course as the PHM.

You are in for next year, right? So next year you can get your medal!!! Each year they seem to get prettier!!

Yea, fingers crossed. I was sort of disappointed when the medal in 2012 was the same as 2011 but just a different jewel color :( They're still pretty, but nothing like this year's! I live overseas though, and I try to plan my trips home every 4-6 months, so I am hoping I'll be able to swing it next Feb.

I love those shoes too. Maybe at the next race Disney will recognize just how many people don't use stability shoes and design one without so much heel chunk!

:thumbsup2 :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Hm, do I see an Illuminations cruise in my future? :rotfl2:

:goodvibes

Yep, Labor Day weekend! DL is my "home" park, so I'm super excited to run this one. It'll be hot for sure, but not nearly as humid as Florida! :thumbsup2

That is what I thought... very hot over labor day weekend there. I haven't had too hard a time with the humidity in fl. However...the heat itself... :faint: Course, it is more the blazing sun... so if the race is early, maybe I wouldn't die so quickly. ;)

The Donald is the Half Marathon that is held during the big WDW Marathon weekend in January. From what I've read, it's exactly the same course as the PHM.

OH! So did you see the announcement today regarding the dopey? It is over that weekend. 4 races totaling about 48.5 miles. 5k.. then the 10k... then the half and finally the full. Participants get 6 medals total. One for each of the races... the goofy for doing (what is it.. the half and the full?) and the dopey for doing all 4. Can you imagine? 6 medals? 48.5 miles? I am in awe of anyone who could do it. Course... I suspect that many will register just to get the medals and then never finish all 4 races. I know I wouldnt be able to finish all four, so there is no point in me attempting it.

Yea, fingers crossed. I was sort of disappointed when the medal in 2012 was the same as 2011 but just a different jewel color :( They're still pretty, but nothing like this year's! I live overseas though, and I try to plan my trips home every 4-6 months, so I am hoping I'll be able to swing it next Feb.

I really do hope it works for you!

I love those shoes too. Maybe at the next race Disney will recognize just how many people don't use stability shoes and design one without so much heel chunk!

I hope so!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter