Oh My Aching Tentacles! A First Timer's TR (Finished! 02/08!)

So, everyone I know who has been to both WDW and Disneyland keep telling me, "Oh, you'll be so disappointed."

I think they're crazy.

I know Aurora's castle is like tiny house nation compared to Cindy's, but it looks so pretty with the shiny blue roof and the banners and bunting for the 60th.

I love seeing all of the pictures of the things that are different from my "home" parks. Our primary goal when we go is to ride everything that Florida doesn't have, plus HM, Pirates, and Space Mountain, since they're supposed to be *better* on the west coast.

I'm sorry you had to listen to the chatterboxes behind you. I consider myself a liberal person, but you know, there are just some things that don't need to be broadcast to everyone on a boat ride. It's kind of trashy, which sounds really judgy, but well...yeah. Trashy. I don't need to know about everyone's personal conquests.

Looking forward to more!! And I'm going back to look at the pictures again!!

So, everyone I know who has been to both WDW and Disneyland keep telling me, "Oh, you'll be so disappointed."

I think they're crazy.

I know Aurora's castle is like tiny house nation compared to Cindy's, but it looks so pretty with the shiny blue roof and the banners and bunting for the 60th.

I love seeing all of the pictures of the things that are different from my "home" parks. Our primary goal when we go is to ride everything that Florida doesn't have, plus HM, Pirates, and Space Mountain, since they're supposed to be *better* on the west coast.

I'm sorry you had to listen to the chatterboxes behind you. I consider myself a liberal person, but you know, there are just some things that don't need to be broadcast to everyone on a boat ride. It's kind of trashy, which sounds really judgy, but well...yeah. Trashy. I don't need to know about everyone's personal conquests.

Looking forward to more!! And I'm going back to look at the pictures again!!

That was basically our goal too :) And those people....oh, god. They may have become our running joke the rest of the week though ;)

I'm loving your bracelets in the "ears" pic, where are they from? :lovestruc

The bracelets are the Alex and Ani ones - they sell most of them in the parks (the non-park ones are gifts). The ears are Bibbidi Bobbidi Bonnie on etsy :)

Part Five

I wanted to finish this up earlier but my break at work ended so I had to wait until I got home.

After Pirates, Fantasmic was about to start. We were getting hungry (well, Jey and her mum were - my salad was massive!) so we decided to head toward Critter Country and figured we'd stop at the first place we found. That ended up being Harbour Galley. There was only one table left so I just gave Jey my wallet and snagged it. I had quickly checked the menu on my phone and it had said they had fries so I asked for just a side of those, but when they went to order they only had baked potatoes so Jey got me a regular one while she and her mother got barbecue ones. I didn't take a picture because the second they sat down the lights went out all around us for Fantasmic. We ate and watched what we could see of the show (we hadn't really expected to watch it so it was an extra perk) and once the finale began we got up and started walking again. Haunted Mansion only had a five minute wait so we hopped in there to visit our happy haunts and meandered.

We still had some time before the fireworks so we knew heading to Main Street wasn't right yet, so we decided to go ride Jungle Cruise since it only had a five minute wait and they were actually holding the bot for us and the people in front of us to get on, which was pretty cool! We enjoyed the slightly different script (I am a fan of the Jungle Cruise, though it's not something I get to do often unless I'm with Jey, who loves all the older, more nostalgic rides as well), then we headed towards Main Street.

We had seen the fireworks while we were on the Jungle Cruise, so we knew we could head over now. We got there just as the Goodnight Kiss began so we sat and watched it as the area had cleared out already. I snapped a few pictures:

After that we headed over to Small World to watch the late version of Paint the Night. This is going to be a huge Paint the Night dump, you've been warned!

Parade ended, we scooted through Fantasyland best we could with the rest of the crowd and headed over to Thunder. I'm glad we did it at night, because it's one of my absolute favorite things to do at night and it was the only time we managed to do it at night. So much fun!

After we rode we started walking back through Fantasyland. Since it was 11:45 at that point we popped into the Matterhorn line before it closed for the night - we figured the average 40 minute wait was better in the nice cool night than in the blazing midday sun. It probably didn't even take 40 minutes and soon we were in our bobsled!

I have never had more issues getting out of a ride!

It just sits so low that I had no way to push myself out. The guy behind us was having a worse time of it; thankfully his son was helping him out.

After a quick pitstop to the bathroom we meandered out. Jey and I took advantage of the basically empty Hub for some nighttime Disney spam:

It was like 1 AM at this point and Jey's mum was fading so we headed out to shower and prepare ourselves for our second Disney day!

I'm enjoying reading your trip report. That's quite a long day you just had until 1am!! I'm looking forward to reading more. And your pictures are very good! I loved seeing all the pics of the Paint the Night Parade. Really makes me excited to see it in October.

Love your pictures! Thanks for sharing!

I love DL and WDW. For me, DL is much more laid back. I love soaking up the nostalgia there. I love that a WDW I can have a different trip every time. There is plenty of differences to enjoy both!

LOVE your pictures!

Thank you!

I'm enjoying reading your trip report. That's quite a long day you just had until 1am!! I'm looking forward to reading more. And your pictures are very good! I loved seeing all the pics of the Paint the Night Parade. Really makes me excited to see it in October.

3 out of 4 of our days were long! But there's so much to do that it didn't feel like I was tired or bored. It was a really great parade - probably one of the best I've seen :)

Loving your TR what cameras are you using?

Thanks! It's a mix - some are from my iPhone 6, the majority of the day pictures are from my Nikon Coolpix, and the night pictures are my Nikon J3

Love your pictures! Thanks for sharing!

I love DL and WDW. For me, DL is much more laid back. I love soaking up the nostalgia there. I love that a WDW I can have a different trip every time. There is plenty of differences to enjoy both!

I really enjoyed Disneyland and I wish we had more time there! I hope I can go back sooner rather than later :)

Chapter Three: Celebrate A World Full of Wonder!

I woke up at 6:50, about 10 minutes before my alarm was going to go off, so I got dressed. My alarm went off at 7 and....

....nobody moved.

so I turned the light on in the bathroom and did my makeup and my hair in the dim light. I had put my alarm on for 7:15 but once again, no one moved. I sat in bed for a few minutes, but was getting hungry. My plan was, if no one was awake by 7:30, I'd leave the hotel and send Jey and her mum a text letting them know I would meet them at the first breakfast place inside the parks I found. Thankfully at about 7:25 people were getting up. Though it did mean I had to wait a little longer for food.

We got to DCA by maybe 8:10? It was just late enough that the crowds had been dispersed and we were able to just walk right in. The first thing I saw? Oswald!

My mother is obsessed with Oswald so I sent her the picture of him waving. She was so happy to get it! I also used the opportunity to snap a picture of how on-point my outfit for DCA was that day:

It was pushing 8:30 at this point and I was starving. Jey's mum decided to go get us coffee and some pastries to split while Jey and I ran to get FP for Radiator Springs.

One: It was the first time I had to stand in line that long for FP.
Two: It was a lot closer to where we were than we thought. I know DCA isn't that big but the fact that the FP are so close to the entrance kind of threw us off. We were back before Jey's mum had gotten our orders which was pretty impressive!

Since we had about 2 hours between our FP time and then, we decided we'd start in the Grizzly Peak area and walk around the park, seeing what we could see.

(an idea of how "crowded" it was that morning; you'd never see a Disney World park this empty except in like the middle of March!)

We chose our first ride of the day because it was the first ride we saw:

Though I mean it did have this ridiculous wait time:

How can you pass that up? In all the years I've been going to WDW, I've never seen Soarin' at less than 50 minutes. Usually it's 80 minutes standard. We probably waited about 4 minutes in all honesty. We were right in and we loved seeing the digital copy and actually seeing Soarin' over California IN California!!

Happy to see California by hang glider, we continued our journey. I was behind everyone, snapping pictures as we walked.

We quickly made it to Paradise Pier!

And I instantly fell in love!

We couldn't get much closer to take pictures because there was a Japanese quiz show filming.

It didn't stop me from my Paradise Pier spam (you'll get so sick of this funwheel I swear but it's probably my favorite Disney park symbol)

We could see Toy Story Midway Mania from across the pier and decided that was where we wanted to go next, so we walked over. We found the people! Thought it was only a 40 minute wait, it was starting to get HOT! The fans in the queue weren't doing much but we tried to make the most of it.

Someday I won't be a beaver!

We wanted to go to Little Mermaid, so we kept walking around the pier after we got out of Toy Story, enjoying the low crowds.

Last edited:
Part Two

We made it to the Little Mermaid!

Let the Mermaid spam begin!

https://flic.kr/p/wwTruD

Off the ride, we looked in the small Little Mermaid store, then decided that, even though we had about 45 minutes left before our FP, we'd head on over to...

Whoo, so that was our FIRST HOUR in DCA! I was starting to feel tired but it was probably because I hadn't eaten much more than 1/3 of two different kinds of pastries.

We wandered around Carsland, just kind of getting our bearings.

So the one thing Jey's mum really REALLY wanted to do on this vacation was eat at Flo's. I don't know why this was her specific wish but we were happy to oblige her.

We got there at about 10:45 and they weren't serving lunch yet, but they gave us the lunch menu to look over so we could just walk right in once we knew what we wanted. We looked over the menu, wished we could just get the desserts because they looked so good, and then headed in just before 11. Jey got the roast beef which in retrospect I should have gotten as well but I ended up getting the potato veggie bake, as did Jey's mum.

It was really good when I was eating it! It's just potato, cheese, quinoa, and mushrooms. Note the mushrooms. Those became the bane of my existence as the day went on.

After we finished eating it was just about time for our FP so we headed on over to the Radiator Springs line after a quick stop in the bathroom to freshen up a little.

(Dr. Hudson is my favorite Cars character <3)

Look at that FP line. It was GIGANTIC! The reason was, according to someone in line with us, that the ride had gone down about an hour or so earlier and they had told everyone with a FP to just come back later so the line was moving slower because of that. I did enjoy the people walking in the standby line with snacks and drinks though. WDW should adopt that in some of their longer lines (though most of their lines aren't outdoors like they are in DL)

It's fine, I liked taking pictures of the queue

We won our race! It was close, but we won - it's because our car is blue. Duh. (fact: I have a blue Civic named Rowena but commonly known as the Tardis so I'm a little biased)

After that we went to see It's Tough To Be A Bug to get some AC then headed towards the front of the park to figure out what we were going to do for the afternoon before dinner.

Last edited:
Enjoying your trip report! It's going to be at least a year before we make it back, and it's always fun to hear a WDW-vet's perspective on the parks. :)

Enjoying your trip report! It's going to be at least a year before we make it back, and it's always fun to hear a WDW-vet's perspective on the parks. :)

Thanks for reading! :) I'm having fun just reliving my experience there and definitely want to go back soon!

Part Three

So, we were trying to figure out what we were going to do. See, while I have no pictures of her from that day, if I remember correctly Jey was wearing a darker, heavier-fabric shirt and she was definitely wearing a pair of pants - either black or jeans and either way it was getting too hot for the outfit. She also just wanted a few more Disney shirts in general, but what she was desperate for at that moment were a pair of black leggings just to try and cool off. Our original plan was to just head out to Downtown Disney and go through the shops there, but then we decided that maybe stopping at Elias and Co. first would be a smart choice.

Guys, we spent like an hour in there.

I found the one thing I wanted and bought it - a pink tank top with Mickey and Minnie sitting on a crescent moon in white silhouette. I had seen it at the Emporium in WDW two weeks prior and wanted to pick it up but chose the Dumbo shirt instead. When I got home I had asked my parents if they could keep an eye out for it while they were in WDW and pick it up for me if they did but they came back empty-handed, so when I found it in Elias and Co. I was so excited that I just bought it and stuffed it in my purse (tiny LeSportSac purse? Best park bag ever - lightweight, multiple pockets, amazing storage. I almost think it's better than my big LeSportSac purse for parks because it distributes weight more evenly!) but Jey and her mum were having issues. The first hurdle was finding things that they liked (some jewelry for Jey's mum, shirts for Jey, the ever-elusive leggings that were an unsuccessful part of the mission, and some other things), and then figuring out what they should buy now and what they should buy later (breaking the common Disney law: buy it now or it's gone).

I helped Jey with some shirt choices but it was around this time that my stomach started to bother me. I didn't feel sick, per say, but it definitely felt like I had a rock in my stomach and every time I swallowed I could taste mushrooms in the back of my throat. Mushrooms have never been an issue for me before, and I've eaten them as the primary protein in a meal before (while I'm by no means a vegetarian some of the vegetarian and vegan meals you can get at the grocery store are really good quick meals to keep in your freezer for nights when I get home later from work than I mean to), but it could have been any number of things - the heat, the amount I ate, the fact that I had been eating much more substantially than I normally do for the past three weeks in a row with all my traveling. Either way I felt the need to leave the store and just go sit down to let the wave of nausea pass, so I just told Jey and her mum I'd meet them outside and, after going to the restroom to be on the safe side, I just sat on a bench and watched the streetmosphere people do their bits. It was actually a nice little break!

I did take a couple pictures as I waited:

When we met back up, it was close to 2 - maybe around 1:30 or so. Jey knew that the one thing I was dying to do was to see the Aladdin show and we had talked about maybe seeing it another day originally (ie: over coffee bread that morning) and just doing rides and such all day, but since we had the time we decided we'd just go and enjoy being off our feet in the cool of theatre for a bit.

I enjoyed snapping this from the queue:

It's such a pretty ride to take pictures of, and Jey's mum was all big talk about going on it this time, but she never did. If only you didn't make me so sick, pretty tower. If only.

I want this poster displayed somewhere in my house.

We got in and sat near to the back of the orchestra section. They weren't the best seats - A Whole New World was basically unseen by us - but they were good enough for us for the time being.

If you want to get the whole experience, the balcony's probably best, but we had a lot of fun watching it - I did get a little teary when the Genie came out and I realized it was August 11 but the show itself was a whole lot of fun!

While we were sitting I took a CVS brand antacid. They're chewy, not chalky like Tums, and work a lot faster for me.

Our time in Agrabah done for now, we headed back towards Starbucks, as both Jey and her mum needed something cold to drink. Jey was looking for a small satchel to just put her sunglasses/camera in because the backpack she had been wearing was getting a bit uncomfortable since she hadn't changed yet, so we popped into a store on the way.

It was the best-feeling store ever!

The AC was BLASTING! The CM I spoke to said it's best during the morning when it's not too hot out yet so you get that nice temperate feeling faster but man, i could have stayed in there forever!

I ended up buying a blind bag of Marvel pins and wasn't disappointed - mostly because I got Captain Marvel, who was the sole reason why I bought it. I got into a conversation with the CM about Black Widow while I bought them, and Jey found a small Roxy purse that was perfect for her needs so she picked that up. Satisfied, we continued on our journey to the land of Frappucinos.

Thanks for the sass, photobombing lady.

"My boys" - as Jey calls them (about me)....don't ask me why!

We sat down in Starbucks so I could open my pins (and really, I was taking full advantage of all the sitting I could be doing right then and there, because my brick-stomach was just making walking uncomfortable and I'm too stubborn to admit it to anyone at the time) and put them on my lanyard. After that we headed back down from whence we'd come. Jey had seen a bathroom near the Hyperion and wanted to change, so we headed over there and sat on the wall while she changed. Once she was out we rearranged our bags so everything fit into the backpack.

We had just enough time for one more ride before dinner so we headed over to Monster's Inc. I love the Transit Authority theming.

I know it's just your average dark ride but I liked it! Some of the effects are very neat and even though I know how they do most of them they're still employed very well.

Getting off, we headed on over to dinner, our first sit down meal of the trip!

Part Four

Before I begin I want to have a mini celebration! Jey gets a promotion next week and I couldn't be happier for her! Woo! It's a much better job than the one she currently has and it's in the same company so she's on track for some good things!!

So, anyway, back to California Adventure...

We were headed to dinner, but when we got in line to check in they told the people in front of us who were waiting for a reservation for the same time (5:30) to come back in ten minutes. We decided to pop into a store across from where we were. Jey was on the hunt for some small, plush, 60th Minnie and Mickey keychains we had found the first day that we could no longer find. She continually found the Mickey of the pair but no one had Minnie.

I love the older pier things they have in the Paradise Pier section.

Ten minutes later we were able to check in out front at Ariel's Grotto, then checked in inside to receive our buzzer. We waited inside for about a half hour after our reservation time. It was pretty brual as there's no seating and you can't go near the bar door for fear of a fire hazard so you have to all stand crowded together.

And it's not like it was just us. NO ONE was moving. For at least 20 minutes. It wasn't as if the restaurant was full to the brim, either. There were plenty of places to sit, especially on the deck outside, but who knows. It was a long, tiresome wait and my stomach was not feeling any better.

We were finally seated and had a lovely waiter whose name I could not tell you for the life of me.

For my appetizer I had the crab chowder which was good:

Then I had the Fresh Catch which was an almond encrusted mahi mahi. It was very good but at this point my stomach was not pleased with me:

The one thing we didn't take into account at Ariel's Grotto was that it was a dessert sampler. This isn't really an issue for Jey or I but her mother hates chocolate and 2 of the three dishes are chocolate (as you can see):

It was a creme brulee, a fancy s'mores bar, and a chocolate covered strawberry. Jey and I ate her bar and strawberry while the waiter offered to bring her more creme brulee if she liked it. It was an amazingly good creme brulee, so he brought her a tray of three mini ones that she was delighted with.

We had also gotten World of Color viewing pass. Our waiter gave us some advice about going to get good spots so with that in mind we headed out to Downtown Disney for a quick minute so Jey could see if they had the keychains still. On our way out we saw our first (and only) Disneyland cat!!! And she was a calico! (I have a thing for calicos - my cat was one and she passed a little less than a year ago so I'm all over one every time I see them. I call my current cat an honorary calico lol (she's a tabby))

So, in this time I had taken another antacid. And my body was finally ready to stop its nonsense, but I needed to find a restroom the second we went into Downtown Disney. I told Jey and her mum that I'd meet them back at the first entrance to World of Disney and headed off, using the new Disneyland app to find it.

Don't use the new Disneyland app to find the restroom.

Don't be a first timer thinking you've got it figured out.

I walked to the front and back of Downtown Disney before realizing that the restroom closest to me was in the toy section of World of Disney. I double-backed to it and had to wait in a ridiculously long line in a teeny tiny two-stall restroom. I should have just gone into a hotel and used a restroom there at that point but I was too stubborn.

But after a long-awaited time, I finally felt not-sick! It was beautiful!

It took me a while to find Jey and her mum again, because they had given up on waiting for me in the store and had moved to stand just next to the entrance thinking they'd see me there. Of course I was walking through the store so I almost didn't see them until I turned to go back in to look for them again!

By this time it was like 8 so we headed back to California Adventure. we got in line for the viewing area and it started moving about ten minutes later.

We got amazing spots. Like I'm not even joking, we were right up front, next to the water. We were pretty soaked by the end of it but we didn't care because it was great! Though my legs did fall asleep by the time the show was over.

I basically just took pictures of the sun going down:

(this was actually taken while waiting in line)

Once they started playing the giant game of Simon Says with the funwheel we got to talking with the family next to us. They had been playing a word association game that we had some fun with too which was a great way to pass the time. But then the show started and our attention got a little bit diverted!

After that my camera was getting too wet so I stopped using it to keep it safe. We had a lot of fun watching the show and really enjoyed it! it was something different, which was nice, and we liked how close we were, though I'm simultaneously really glad I didn't have a sweatshirt on (wet sweatshirt? No thanks!) and really sad I didn't have it on (cold water spraying on you for twenty minutes isn't a great feeling after the fact!)

So we headed back to the hotel, and got there by 10 or so. We showered and changed and were pretty much conked out the second we sat on our beds!

Chapter Four: Oh, My Aching Tentacles!

We didn't stay up as late as we had the night before, but for some reason we were dead the next morning. At least, dead for Disney. We got up lazily and were out of the hotel by 8:30 but it was a breeze to get into Disneyland. It's so much easier to get into Disneyland and DCA than it is to get into any of the WDW hotels; much more relaxed.

We went to Starbucks first (surprise, surprise!) and just got coffees. I was still a bit off from the day before so I just got an iced chai.

I have one little, superficial complaint that's totally ridiculous but it makes me laugh so I wanted to share:

The people at Starbucks cannot pronounce Elle. Like, at all. The first day I gave them my full first name without really thinking. At DCA the day before Jey's mum got everyone coffees so they all had her name on them. Well, at Disneyland on this day I gave them Elle and it stumped them, guys. "Chai for.....Ellie? Bagel for Ell...ay?"

I'm hoping it was just the poor girl's handwriting lol.

We checked the wait times for things and found that Thunder Mountain was only a five minute wait! We couldn't believe it, so after finishing our breakfast we headed right over to see if it was actually five minutes.

Yup, it was!

I actually think it was less time, it was basically just the walk through the queue.

I tired to take a picture while on the Thunder Mountain just to see what it'd look like. My attempt came out surprisingly well all things considered!

So Jey's mum's favorite ride is Small World. We hadn't been able to do it our first day so after our go around on the wildest ride in the wilderness we headed on over to Fantasyland.

Jey and I got a bit sidetracked, however. The Storybook boats only had a five minute wait, which was pretty shocking considering the park was starting to get really crowded (even though it's only like 9:30 at this point) so we hopped into the line. I love these little dioramas that they have.

And then I found that the boat in front of us was called Daisy and had to get a picture because I'm a dork.

After that we walked on over to Small World and finally got to ride it! Well, after a short malfunction with one of the handicapped boats not wanting to open. But after that it was smooth sailing!

(If you've ever read any of my WDW TRs you know I have a huge love of The Three Caballeros)

Since we were done with Small World, we headed to a new ride for all of us - Alice! Jey's favorite Disney character growing up was Alice so we had to go on the ride! It was 10:30 by this point and it was starting to get very busy - I don't know if there were a ton of people in general, if there were a lot of people who had shown up for D23 on Wednesday, or what, but it was probably the busiest day for us!

Anyway, Alice. It was a cute ride, and I'm glad I've done it once. I dunno if I'd do it again but it made me smile.

We wanted to finish up with our Fantasyland morning so we headed over to Nemo. The wait was about a half hour, so we decided to wait. Man, that was one hot wait! But we had the Jedi Training Academy to keep us entertained while we were in the queue.

The Matterhorn does look really cool from the Nemo queue.

Nemo was awesome! Though Jey was freaking out the entire time that we were in line; she has a problem with close spaces so she wasn't sure if she would like it, but she didn't want to miss out on a new experience. She did well! Though we had to get something to drink after we got out and decompress for like ten minutes.

Part Two

I bought a water, and Jey bought a Diet Coke and we sat down just next to the stage to watch Jedi Training Academy:

Since we had come from Fantasyland we decided to walk through Tomorrowland back to the Hub.

As we walked we found Thor and Cap just coming out. We didn't get in their lines but since Jey loves Thor a bunch we creeped on him.

In case you were wondering he 100% caught us within 10 seconds of us doing this and between families would heckle us and tell us we'd get better pictures if we got in line and actually met him but we just heckled back.

When we got bored of Thor we continued on through the Hub and did some shopping. We headed into the shops in Adventureland and Jey bought a black dress that she later returned because she found a better one. She also found the Mickey and Minnie plush keychains she had been looking for since we got there on Sunday and I found a phone case that I'm currently regretting not buying.

We stopped at Bengali BBQ for food - it took me a bit through the line because I started to talk cameras with the CM since he saw my little J1 and he had just gotten the J4. This was my spectacularly spectacular lunch:

Yup. A pretzel with cheese, lemonade, and a water.

Look at me, being so fancy!

We actually went there to get pretzels since we knew we wouldn't want to eat too much before dinner. After eating we walked around New Orleans Square, looking in the shops. We found a couple things we wanted but we figured we'd go back after dinner and headed out to Downtown Disney.

We were going because I had told Jey I saw a cute black dress with a Peter Pan collar at Vault 28 when we had gone there Sunday night and she wanted to see if she liked it better than the dress she had bought. When we got there we found a nicer light blue dress that she really liked. I found this:

And I admit it, I crumbled. I needed to get it - okay so I didn't really need it but I used it for the rest of the summer and most of the beginning of the school year (actually until like 3 weeks ago) as my wallet, until I needed to start carrying my normal cards with me again. It hold a ton and it's so nice!

We went back to our room. We had about an hour before our ADR so we dropped our stuff and Jey took the time to get changed while I changed out my wallet for the clutch.

Then it was time to run back to Disneyland!

Part Three

We left off back at the Fairfield Inn and Jey was getting changed into her brand new dress and I was putting stuff into my brand new clutch. It was 3 o'clock and we needed to be at the very back of Disneyland by 3:30.

Can we do it?

Well, surprisingly, we did! But we hadn't really thought about the fact that there was a parade going to be started - we had completely forgotten about the Soundsational parade so we were moving quickly trying to get through before the parade.

We made it!

It actually wasn't that horrible; Disneyland makes way more sense than Disney World when it comes to the amount of space people are given to move, so it wasn't too much of a hassle. We did just squeak over to New Orleans Square juuuuuuust on time, but whatever, we made it!

Though before we even got into the park proper we had to stop and get this lovely picture of Belle:

She's my friend Liz's favorite so I had to snap this for her (anyone familiar with my WDW TRs is familiar with Liz, a childhood best friend who goes to school in Florida and works in the parks who I try to see once a visit).

I also had to snap this:

While we were walking I did have to get a picture of this only because it's been my favorite Disney pun name for a long time.

Anyway.

Where we were eating?

Yeah, lol, no. I just couldn't resist the picture. No, THIS is where we were eating:

Thanks to the DiS and friends this was the one restaurant I had really wanted to eat at. I had pushed for it when we had been planning but because of our planning we had initially said "just one sit down meal" and I gave the choice to Jey for where that dinner would be. She had chosen Ariel's Grotto so I figured that was that.

But when I had told Jey's mum about Blue Bayou on Monday while we were eating lunch she was interested in eating there too and we decided that it would be a good place for us to eat and made the reservation.

This is my oh, so spectacular picture of the restaurant:

We had a very nice waiter at the beginning and a wonderful waitress by the end (always something you worry about when your waiter/waitress has to change shifts). I got a regular old diet coke and some water and was apparently dying of thirst because I drank so many refills! Jey got the mint julep out of curiosity and really liked it. I tried it as well (I really hate the taste of limes so I'm very hesitant to get anything with limes even associated with it) and it did have a really good mint taste! It would have just been a little too sweet for me (she says, drinking the diet coke).

I got the salad and the salmon which were both yummy. I was really glad we went; it was a nice, relaxing atmosphere and a great meal.

Stuffed, we decided to do the walkthrough of the castle. It's a novelty for us and it would be some good exercise to get ourselves de-stuffed.

I just couldn't get enough of the castle. It's so pretty and it was seriously surreal to see it in person every day.

I loved that it was even bannered on the back too:

I took pictures of the walk through but they were pretty cruddy so I didn't keep them. We had a fourth person to our party during it - a teeny tiny little girl kept up with us and not her grandma and mum. We kept waiting for them but she was bound and determined to continue with us because we were going faster. It was kind of adorable but I did worry she was going to get lost.

We kind of started to roam aimlessly. I snapped this picture as we did:

We were heading over to Indy to pull new FPs for it since we wanted to ride it again. Then we kind of just....walked around. Aimlessly.

This was when Jey's mum said those fateful words - "Oh my aching tentacles!"

We both stared at her and asked what she meant. She laughed and said "you know, people say 'oh my aching' something else and it's not Disney appropriate so I thought Ursula and said tentacles!" Neither of us had ever heard the original saying before but the new version was hysterical to us! So I say it all the time now :)

We finally did an entire rotation around the park again and saw that Buzz had a fifteen minute wait so we hopped into the line. I saw this little Periwinkle in the water and thought it was incredibly sweet

I did so much better on Buzz with the guns that you can pick up than I've ever done before! I didn't do great because I was by myself and I can't steer and shoot to save my life. I still probably got the lowest score out of the three of us but hey, whatever!

After that we got another Dole Whip since we hadn't had a dessert with dinner. We ate them and headed over to Pirates to try for a better, non-gross-sex-talk-by-teenagers ride. And believe me, it was a lot better! We even got called up early because we were a party of three and they needed a party of three two boats before we would have gotten on.

We wanted to try our luck so we headed over here:

At the split we got away from a group of teenage girls who weren't all that rude or anything, just a little loud, and ended up right behind a really nice, large family. Once we got to the wall and stopped we all sat down. Everyone but Jey. Seriously, the entire row just sat as one except Jey, who looked around at us and was like "oh. I guess I didn't get the memo." And sheepishly sat with us.

Which is, of course, the second we started moving again!

Poor Jey.

I went by myself because I wanted to get a picture of the Hatbox Ghost to share with my parents. This is the best I got:

We left the 999 happy haunts and went to ride Indy with our FPs. By the time we got out it was around 8 and we were pretty much unable to get anywhere. We wandered around the entirety of the park before stopping at the restrooms behind the Plaza to figure out what we were going to do. I was exhausted and there were no good places to sit to wait for the fireworks because it was too close and I finally just said "we should go home for the night" when Jey asked what we should do. She wasn't thrilled with the idea - it was barely 9 pm - but I reminded her that the next day was a Magical Morning so we could get everything we wanted done in the park early and be able to see the fireworks, and Jey's mum was definitely flagging at that point so we agreed to head back to the hotel.

It was actually nice to be back early. We got drinks and I was able to shower early and read a bit before falling asleep.

I'm loving your photos! I'm amazed at this:

[/QUOTE]

I think that is the ONLY typo I've seen in DLR/DCA ever. I'm shocked they haven't noticed and changed the signage by now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter