Oh, Just A Few GALLONS of Pixie Dust! - A July/August 2012 TR

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by marDgreen88, Aug 5, 2012.

1. marDgreen88

marDgreen88 DIS Veteran

The One With the BEST. VILLA. EVER!!!!
    Part 3!

July 29, 2012

Here is the other angle of the living room that looks into the kitchen!

[​IMG]

The island:

[​IMG]

The refrigerator, sink, and recycling (green) and garbage (black) cans!

[​IMG]

There was also a dishwasher, oven, and tons of cabinet space. (By the way, the cabinets and drawers came fully stocked with dishes and utensils! So if you are ever visiting and not on the meal plan, all you have to do is buy some food and you can have yourself a feast!)

[​IMG]

Did you notice the little skinny looking cabinet to the right? It slides open to look like this:

[​IMG]

Awesome. We kept our poptarts there, haha.

So, that's about it! We were so pleased with this villa. Everything was really wonderful, honestly. The entire thing was incredibly spacious, and as a whole, it was perfect!

Not to mention the view!!!

Oh… you wanted to see the view?

Well, here it is.

(pause for dramatic effect)

We'll start with the view from the master balcony. (Oh, and by the way, here is what both of the balconies looked like. The chairs were quite comfortable!)

[​IMG]

Looking straight ahead/to the left at the lovely Bay Lake:

[​IMG]

Looking down at the tennis courts:

[​IMG]

And to the right...

[​IMG]

Here is the view from the living room window:

[​IMG]

And last but not least, the views from the second bedroom's balcony... AKA, my room:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ARE. YOU. KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?!?!

MY FAVORITE PARK. MY FAVORITE RIDE (Splash Mountain). ALL WITHIN SIGHT FROM MY ROOM?!?!?!?!

Yeah… no joking here. That was real life.

After I saw that view, this is probably what happened. You see, I can’t remember due to fainting. My guess is that I screamed, jumped up and down, sang the Hallalujah chorus, plopped myself down on the ground, and glued my eyes to the sight.

I am basically the Magic Kingdom’s stalker.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

…

Okay… how do I sum up my feelings on this room?

We still don’t know how we got so lucky to receive such an incredible gift from Disney. We don’t know why they picked us. We’ll probably never know.

All we know is that we will be forever grateful to the wonderful cast members at Bay Lake Tower for giving us such an amazing room with such an incredible view.

It’s the best gift I’ve ever received and I couldn’t have asked for anything more!

Continued in Next Update

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wdwgirl03

wdwgirl03 <font color=red>I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)<b

I saw your tweets about the upgrade (I feel like such a stalker, but I guess that's why they call it "following" on there, LOL). So awesome. Dang, how does everyone on the DIS manage to get upgrades?! I am beyond jealous but I can imagine you were quite excited. The villa looks great-on our last whole family trip we got a 2-BR at SSR and we loved it.

They should totally sell the artwork from the rooms. The character paintings above the bed are adorable. And the Space Mountain ones are cool too!

OK, BLT better be available for me next spring break...:rotfl:

4. mermaid764

mermaid764 DIS Veteran

Seriously that has to be the most gorgeous room on all of WDW property, what an amazing gift you guys received, and i'm so happy it happened to someone like you who totally deserved it :goodvibes

I love how the villa's at BLT look like a really upscale condo you'd find in a big city, yet still have all the special disney touches like the bed spread and artwork...your room is amazing!

The view...oh my goodness!! I seriously hope you took lots of nightime pics from the balcony to share with us as well cause that view is amazing...and must literally be the best view on disney property.

Lol and since you asked, i'm more than willing to share a few details about my trip haha lol i'm so excited it doesn't take much asking to get me to share. We usually book a 10 day or so vacation when we go using the free dining promotion and staying at pop but this year some extra vacation time was available from our workplaces so we decided to go for 14 nights with free dining at pop but then I happened to see a picture of the new royal guest rooms at port orleans and fell completely in love with them and luckily there was an elgibile discount on those rooms for the time period we were going, cause I don't think we would have been able to afford to add it on otherwise. And since I just graduated from university in June and found out the day of that I was graduating with distinction, my boyfriend told me to go ahead and add the extra three nights as a way to celebrate that and yah so all together we will be at WDW for 17 nights with the dining plan for 14 nights of that....sorry to ramble on and on i'm just so excited that's it's coming up so fast.

Can't wait to hear more of your TR and I'm loving that I was able to join in on this one right from the start:goodvibes

5. SoNotAPrincess

SoNotAPrincess Disney Diva

OK, so after I read your post, I used Google to find out what unit of measure is bigger than a gallon because you, my friend, were bathed in HOGSHEADS (a hogshead is 63 gallons) of pixie dust!!!!!! Your Disney home is amazing, magical, and supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! I love it when wonderful things happen to wonderful people!!!

With this as the beginning, I can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip!

6. StitchsGurl

StitchsGurl Former WDW Cast Member

I've been a long time lurker of your other TR (fantastic job, btw~) and now I'm going to post here!

I am loving the suspense you've put in the last couple of chapters, and I am SO happy you got such a fabulous upgrade! I, too, have been in your shoes, and my goodness doesn't it make your trip all the more magical? I remember staying at the Poly, and we were booked for just a basic room, and then we got upgraded. BUT, I didn't see it until I got there after work, and my family didn't tell me, as they wanted me to be surprised. The look on my face after seeing the castle outside the window was astounding. (Mind you, it's obvioulsy much further than BLT, but we could still see the fireworks!)

I'm really loving the TR so far; I can't wait to see what else will happen~

7. Self_resqing_princz

Self_resqing_princz Mouseketeer

That is a VERY magical surprise! :cheer2:pixiedust:
    Disney must LOVE your family! That's just awesome! The pictures are great... I wish I could be there too!
    And that view! Oh My Gosh That View!:littleangel: I would have died and gone to heaven had that been me! I think that's the best view of any room in ANY resort!:thumbsup2
    Kinda sounds like that that GALLON of pixie dust was used up on just the room though, huh???
    Can't wait to read more!

8. PanIsMine

PanIsMine Mouseketeer

Oh my goodness! What an amazing upgrade! That view is to die for! Definitely, not the kind of 'to die for' that Scar told Simba about. HAHA!
    I would be freaking out, too. That is definitely something to freak out over!!

9. teedee

teedee DIS Veteran

Another great update! I can't wait for the next one!. Bay Lake looks like somewhere I'd love to stay, I'm just not sure my grand son, who's 5, would like it. So far he's stayed at All Stars, Pop and French Quarter. Pop is his fav he didn't care for French Quarter very much, which surprised me a bit. He's more into the gigantic Disney theming at the values.

Terri

10. danimaroo

danimaroo DIS Veteran

This upgrade is BEYOND out of control AMAZING! OMG. I mean, like I said, it's not normal to get upgraded to having an entire extra bedroom for a villa... and on top of that.. YOUR VIEW! This is even BETTER than I thought when you mentioned it on twitter! HOLY. CRAP. That is unreal. Ummmm my opinion has changed just a tidbit now of BLT, ESPECIALLY WITH THAT VIEW!!

Ohhh my goodness, this trip is going to be the best. I mean, with that view, you really cannot go wrong. That is probably by far and away the best upgrade I have EVER heard of on the DIS!!

11. DianeW

DianeW Worshipping at the shrine of the corporate Mouse

What a FUN trip report!! I hope I'm not too late to join in. I love hearing pixie dust stories and yours is FABULOUS!! pixiedust: Can't wait to hear more about your wonderful WDW stay!!

Diane princess:

12. emma212010

emma212010 DIS Veteran

I am speechless... JUST KIDDING!!!

OMG MARISSA!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! That has to be the most amazing room I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Those BEDS!!!!

That TUB!!!!!

That TABLE!!!

That VIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I am just in awe of how much you can see! That is so amazing! I could just sit there on the balcony and stare ALL DAY LONG!

13. Disneyfreak616

Disneyfreak616 DIS Veteran

OH MA LAWD IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! :love: That is so amazing that you got that upgrade!!! Go Bay Lake CM's!!! AHHH. That view. The artwork. The booth. The beds. I CAN'T.

I must stay at this resort. I MUST.

14. shan23877

shan23877 I make lists about my lists

Oh Marissa what a gorgeous room!!! I am beyond happy for your family; I read that whole update with a huge grin on my face.

I've often thought that the CR rooms looked kind of boring, kind of un-Disneyish. (and I love modern furnishings) However, your room is stunning! I think that I love all of the art, and that table is so cool.

What an amazing view!!!!! I just picture sitting out there in the morning watching the world go by.

Again, so very happy for you! I can't believe that's only the beginning of the pixie dust!

15. TotalDreamer

TotalDreamer Mouseketeer

!What a load of pixie dust (meep :D)! That's so awesome! You guys had literally the perfect view of the castle (and fireworks!)!

I'm so excited for you!

16. Nairnyn

Nairnyn Mouseketeer

Okay, you have redeemed yourself with the multitude of updates. I can't believe how lucky you were to receive such an amazing upgrade!!! What are the odds that I can get THAT room as an upgrade from All Star Music in October? ;)

Seriously though, totally jealous. That room looks beautiful. I hope you enjoyed it!!!

17. monica23535

monica23535 DIS Veteran

Omg! What a fabulous room!

I would love to have that view from my bedroom at home lol

18. havingadisneyday

havingadisneyday Are we there yet?

Well butter my behind and call me a biscuit! What a fabulous dousing of pixie dust, kids!!! Let this mantra be a lesson to everyone at Disney -- "waiting is good... waiting is good... waiting is good." So happy for you, and oh, yeah, by the way, I'm in for the long haul on your trip report -- love it!

19. Stringbean&Wingnut

Stringbean&Wingnut DIS Veteran

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is seriously an amazing villa!!!! How wonderful that you were starting off the trip with such a deluge of pixie dust!!!! Your view was absolutely gorgeous!!!

20. Nermel9

Nermel9 DIS Veteran

OMG!!!! What an amazing upgrade!!! I'm dying. :worship:

That has to be one of the most beautiful villas I've ever seen. I love all of the artwork soooo much, I love how it's Disney, but it's modern...that picture of the monorail track is so perfect, I want that for my bedroom! :thumbsup2

And the view!!! Again, I'm dying, could it BE more perfect? :cool1: I cannot even imagine what it must be like to come back to your room at night and see THE CASTLE from your room. Or in the morning...*sigh*. If BLT was available for my November trip, I'd book it right now, but I'm pretty sure it's full. :(

21. Windsor Princesses

Windsor Princesses Mouseketeer

Oh my goodness! You guys are so lucky. That is a beautiful room (or rooms i guess). I'm so happy you got to experience that, it mst have been so amazing.