Oh It's A Jolly Holiday With Katie! - Beach Club / Grand Floridian

Sorry Katie--I think you were saying something about some trip to some place or something, but I forgot what it was when I saw all the wonderfulness that was Tom Hiddleston gifs!!!! Could we have more of that, please?

(Thank you, beckyx3!! You're my new best friend!)

There was some football on that Jamie wanted to watch, so I left him in the room and departed at around 11:30am.

A solo DTD trip?! :hyper: I wouldn't be allowed, i'd buy too much.:blush:

I’m more than happy to do things by myself. I

Yes. A thousand times yes, especially at WDW!

I saw a couple having wedding pictures taken… What an absolute DREAM!!!

Hmm. Do I feel WDW wedding vibes coming off you?!? :hyper: Cause I totally feel it over here in Cali!

I bought a super cute Splash Mountain PLATE, I love it so much.

“What are you going to do with that?” – You ask?

Yeah, I don’t know either.

NOT eat off it, that’s for sure. (Are you CRAZY?!)

:rotfl::lmao: For reals, I wanted the Adventureland and Fantasyland plates that they sell there and DH was like what are you going to do with two plates?? Uh, hello. One plate for each eye?!:confused3

Because, you know, as the saying goes, a pickle is for life, not just for Christmas.)

So if I use this saying, I won't get strange looks?

Next I went into World of Disney and I bought this EVEN MORE PERFECT attractions poster set!!!

20658174955_9e6b67a1ff_c.jpg

Only $20 bucks for 12 posters?? How did I miss this.:sad:

Come on, at least stick a poster Mickey Mouse board in front of that to show you're making an attempt at covering up that mess.

We sat in the shallow waters, and I told Jamie I wasn’t going to swim properly because I just washed my hair this morning, and didn’t want to have to do it again before dinner.

Phew, i'm not the only one like this :worship: I rarely get my hair wet in a pool, unless I know i'm washing my hair that night. I wash my hair every other day :blush:

here was a relaxed atmosphere, and you have PLENTY of space!

That's EXACTLY what I told DH when we visited Citricos in 2010. The tables were completely spaced out and the chairs were super comfy!

(We actually noticed that every time Jamie ordered his meat ‘rare’ in Florida, the wait staff would give him a funny look… Not in a rude way, just a kind of smile, like, “this guy is brave” or something? Is it weird to order your steak rare in America?!)

I usually hear of folks ordering more medium/medium-rare. Maybe he says it weird?? OMGOSH have you ever seen Mickey Blue Eyes with Hugh Grant?!? Check this out, around the 40 second mark

Too beautiful to eat!

Mickey is literally the cutest!

When my friends come over they’re like “Oooh, chocolates!” and I’m like “Errrm, NO! Here eat these cheap, tacky chocolates instead.”

:rotfl2::rotfl: :lmao: Cause i'm not embarrassed to tell you this, my FIL knows I keep candy in a certain drawer on the island so everytime he comes over, he goes straight there. Well he kept eating all the good candy I would buy, so I started buying really crappy candy for that drawer and hiding my good stuff. He didn't notice that he was eating those awful hard candies that grandmas have in their purse :rotfl:

I also brought some of these cards home, which are sitting next to my bed :lovestruc

You really do take everything in the room :thumbsup2

…Which unfortunately, was Stitches Great Escape.

God forbid I have to smell that awful belch smell again :crazy2:

That smell is all bad.

Next up, we both had our first experience at the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor!!!

What?! How is this your first time!?

When the monster was teasing him, this kid was completely stone faced, just staring right ahead with his giant caterpillar eyebrows

Like this?

tumblr_magqf8XDx11r4ywaeo1_1280.jpg

Or this?

rCzbUIy.jpg

:lmao:

The monster then bantered with a few other people, then moved to these two Japanese people, who were wearing surgical masks over their nose/mouth (I think this is a common germ thing in Japan).

The monster starts teasing them about how they must be doctors, and once again, these people were CLUELESS.

“Are your patients freaked out when you stare at them like that without speaking?”

:rotfl::rotfl2:I love that they had no clue what was happening!!

But we weren’t in pain for too long, because this ride is approximately 30 seconds long.
(…For real.)

This is not an exaggeration.
experience.jpg

I’m not very receptive to when Disney changes out things that I love…

Ugh same here! And then when i'm finally okay with the change, they change it again!:sad2:

Oh my gosh the parade AND you have the castle as your backdrop!?:cloud9:

Dang, she's flexible!

You do look tan! :thumbsup2

He was not impressed…

“I’ve just hit the gym”

:rotfl:

No, he had not just hit the gym.

:lmao:Totally cracked up at this!

THIS KISS GOODNIGHT!

:cloud9:

We wanted to be in the park as late as possible, so we power walked over to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and joined the 45 minute line, just before they closed it!

Sneakyyy.

Totally sneaky but it worked!

She is totally posing for the camera. She planned that.

Sick shot!:worship:

this one is gorgeous too!

This is a set of 12 full-sized attraction posters for just $19.95!!
I was so excited to find these, and even more excited by how cheap they were!

Hi Katie,

I purchased these posters last trip at Fantasyland, in Pete's Bigtop. They now adorn my guest bedroom walls (really my grandson's bedroom, when he stays over). They were a great purchase and I have been asked to get a set for my son as well. Really retro and so detailed.

Hey Katie!! Here I am, finally all caught up with your lovely TR!

Whilst nothing beats touring Disney with family/friends, I’m more than happy to do things by myself. I mean HELLO. WE'RE IN DISNEY.)

I completely agree - solo adventures are always a blast!

He was majoring in music but was absolutely loving life at the Grand Floridian!
I told him he should join the orchestra that plays in the Grand’s lobby!
But seriously, what an awesome place to work on the college program?! He’s really hit the jackpot getting to hang out there every day!
So so cool. Very lucky guy!

I arrived at Downtown Disney sometime after 12, and my first stop was the Marketplace Co Op, aka, the best store ever.

I bought a super cute Splash Mountain PLATE, I love it so much.

That Splash MTn plate is so pretty! And of course you don't eat off it - its too beautiful to do such a thing!!:rotfl::thumbsup2

Next I went into World of Disney and I bought this EVEN MORE PERFECT attractions poster set!!!

20658174955_9e6b67a1ff_c.jpg

This is a set of 12 full-sized attraction posters for just $19.95!!
I was so excited to find these, and even more excited by how cheap they were!

This is amazing, oh my gosh I wish I had seen this when I was there...I wonder if they still sell it, or something very similar...

My favorite:lovestruc

The Marketplace was fine, but when I decided to venture towards the West Side it was all a bit of a shambles!
I completely lost my bearings a few times!

20664896251_1e7392dcb5_b.jpg
I know exactly what you mean! It was like a maze trying to get through there! :confused:

love Love LOVE your outfit! So cute! :goodvibes

We left the restaurant at 7:30pm and had a look in some of the stores in the main building. In M. Mouse Mercantile I bought Minnie Poppins to go with my Mickey Bert I’d bought from the Beach Club!

20658201805_66efacfd02_b.jpg
I love these...they may have to go on my list for souvenirs to buy when I get a chance to go back to Disney! :rotfl:

I also brought some of these cards home, which are sitting next to my bed :lovestruc

20470200428_93dd13c550_c.jpg

Precious! :goodvibes

We hung out in the room for about 45 minutes, got changed into some comfier clothes, and headed back out at 8:30pm to play in the Magic Kingdom until 1am!!!

20664891361_4ff1f63a58_b.jpg
Again, I love your adorable outfit! :thumbsup2

20037383463_9bbaed9dfe_b.jpg
It is a hidden gem, I love this attraction so much. They always change the material which is great. And yes, there are always those clueless people that get picked to be put on screen, and they just make the show so hysterical! :rotfl:
Great picture you two! :goodvibes

The most beautiful site there is...:lovestruc

I am looking forward to reading the end of this TR, and then your new one!!!!! :cool1:

Eh? Hang on! I need more! I was so enjoying your TR and now I have to go back to real life while I wait for another update! I have loved immersing myself in your trip report (I know that sounds a bit creepy!) and you have made me very excited for our trip next year.

A question - I haven't really done much EMH wise at WDW - do the buses keep running when they are on?

CAN'T WAIT to read more. No pressure.

I just found this TR a few days ago and I've been hoooked! I can't wait to read more!

Oh no! Your trip report will be coming to an end :( But there will be more adventures to look forward to reading about :D

This is such an awesome trip report! I've been enjoying it for the past two days! So exciting!

Katie, I'm starting to get worried that you got lost while you were at WDW, and even now are holding hands with Mickey and sharing a Dole Whip. Where are you?!

Hello lady!!! I've missed our Dis-interactions!

55054278.jpg

So beautiful!!! :hug:

Oh shucks thank you! :hug:

You could TOTALLY fit a bunk bed in there!
yrFrXTTTcHIY0.gif

OMG that little dance/strut that Dale is doing!!! I can't stop watching it, I'm cracking up! :rotfl:

Ummmm that looks AMAZING. I can't think of a better combination that chocolate & bananas except maybe chocolate and PB! Yum & wow indeed!

This completely confirms that we are sisters.

And you have to record it and immediately share it with us because we all need to see Jamie bust a move! Preferably like this:
XWKrUYz1N5J7i.gif

Waaah we didn't end up going to the laugh floor!!! :sad2: I kept trying to convince Jamie but he always said "I'm just going to end up doing something stupid and you'll put it in your trip report!" ... Doh! He's onto me!!!

He always looks so blissfully happy/goofy :rotfl:

I'm going with goofy :laughing:

WHY ARE HIS EYES SO DARK AND SOULLESS??? :eek::scared::scared: This is legitimately scary to me. Why wouldn't they give him lit up eyes?? :confused3 He looks like he's going to take someone down to the mine and kill them :rotfl:

I've never noticed this before, but now I'm officially scared of him :scared1::laughing:

I've said it before and I'll say it again...You are a beautiful, noble, poetic land mermaid and we should be best friends forever and ever. Oh wait...I haven't said that before? Don't mind me then :lmao:

I wish you would tell me this more often. Being a beautiful, noble, poetic land mermaid is my life goal..!!!!

Closing down the park -- that's some next level impressive stuff. My husband and I are planning our next trip for next June and we have convinced ourselves that we will be able to stay out late in the parks with our teenage son. And yet... tomorrow is a Friday night and we will be in bed by, like, 10pm. So... we'll see.

I hope you manage it! It feels like quite the accomplishment. Plus, the lines tend to become non-existent if the park is open past midnight :thumbsup2

tumblr_lfsexfw3N21qfzju4o1_500.gif

Yah for more updates!

YAY. And 2 months later, I'm FINALLY about to post my last few updates!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you’ve done it to me again!! I don’t have a reservation at Citricos for this trip and now I WANT ONE!

Haha, this is me whenever I'm reading trip reports. If I see some good looking food, I MUST have it :laughing:

Seriously how SHORT is this ride?!? I’ve seen the queue up at 40mins plus! Can you imagine waiting for 40mins for such a short ride?!

I would be SO disappointed to queue up for 40 mins to ride the Barnstormer! We've just discovered a Universal equivalent in the Wizarding World called Flight of the Hippogriff... Don't be fooled by the elaborate theming!!!

I’m still obsessed with this bag!! Although I did see a Dopey version online which is quite appropriate for my next trip!

You should totally get the Dopey one, how appropriate for your Dopey Challenge! I think it's January right? That seems so soon! I hope training is going well :goodvibes

:cloud9: Even if I don't get to have a Disney wedding I'm taking wedding photos there anyway! Even if I'm on my own! :rotfl:

HELLO SWEET FRIEND :flower3: I have been completely MIA but I'm back and excited to catch up with you and your plans! I will get right on over there to your PTR once I'm done updating here :goodvibes

^^^^ With regards to your above comment... errrrm, maybe we should just marry each other? Thor and Loki can be our bit on the side. :thumbsup2

You look gorgeous! :cutie:

Thank you my love!

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc My birthday message from Tom Hiddles was just perfection by the way. Thank you for passing his message along! :thumbsup2:goodvibes

Aww poor Oswald! Walt and Mickey be all like:

tumblr_inline_nsh3zg7ZA81sletka_500.gif

tumblr_mxixlu9TG51s693wso1_500.gif

This is EXACTLY what Jamie imagines is happening :rotfl:He just wishes they could all get along like they used to in middle school... He wishes they could make a cake made out of rainbows and smiles and they'd all eat it and be happy.

just-have-a-lot-of-feelings---mean-girls-33d152703a4e6f5f.gif

What a fabulous evening :goodvibes

It really was! :goodvibes

Great update. Your dinner looks too good to eat! Yum! Are you eating there again on your next trip? The castle picture with you two is darling! Your 7 Dwarf ride looks like fun. I bet it was fun to close the park and get those nice nighttime pictures.

Thank you! It was so delicious! Sadly we didn't eat there again this year, but it's still one of my favourite restaurants at Disney :goodvibes And thank you, I love that picture too :goodvibes it's a year later and I still haven't gotten around to printing out some photos! I'd like to get that one printed out though :lovestruc

I know I'm not the first person to say this, but I'm loving your TR. Only on page 25 and I'm already sad about it coming to an end! (Any Arrested Development gifs are also very much appreciated; my son is never-nude, just like Tobias.)

Thank you so much!! Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you, I've hardly had time to visit this Dis. But don't be too sad because we just got back from another trip a couple of weeks ago! So I'll get my last updates posted here in the next couple of days and then get to work on a new report :goodvibes Also, I hope your son owns some denim cut-offs :thumbsup2 just make sure he knows that:

JqYTmjn.gif

OH YEAH!!! I couldn't stand it. I felt like I had to whisper to my wife in order to have any kind of private conversation. I get that its popular but dang it, I am not having dinner with the dude next to me. LOL!

YES! This is exactly how I feel about Le Cellier. I always feel like people are listening in on our conversations, it makes me uncomfortable! So even if the food was exactly the same, I would still prefer the Yachtsman :goodvibes

I know that I am arriving late to the party but I am loving this trip report so far! Can't wait to read the rest :)

Hey, thank you so much! Sorry it took a long time to reply, but I'm glad you're here!!! Haha yes, I guess you are a bit late I suppose :laughing: I've got my last updates all written out and ready to post! But we just got back from another trip, so I should be starting a brand new report very soon :goodvibes But regardless, thank you for reading!

Such a fun day! I really love reading along and cant wait to hear the rest! Also hoping a 2015 TR coming in a few short weeks!

Yay thank you! It's taken me a while to get around to it, but I've got my last updates all written out, and I'll be starting my new report shortly! (Finally!)

Your night photos look stunning! I can just imagine the energy you felt on the Mine Train. pixiedust: So fun. Can't wait until we can enjoy the nights in Disney like that again - my kids get super grumpy after hours for now.

Thank you! Aww, I assume you mean young kids? Hopefully they'll be able to handle it as they get older :thumbsup2 I usually send myself on a bit of a sugar rush to get through the late night hours, but I don't think I'd recommend that tactic for young kids :hyper: :rotfl:

Another super cute outfit!

Hey Becky/Becca! (You'll have to clarify with me whether you prefer to go by your Dis name or your Twitter name :laughing:
You just got back from a trip too right?! I hope you had a fabulous time!!!! I'll get over to your TR as soon as I've updated things here :goodvibes

^^^ And regarding the comment above, thank you! :lovestruc

Confession: I've never been on it either! OR Alien Encounter! My mom and sisters LOVED Alien Encounter and I was terrified. So my dad and I just rode around on the People Mover until they were done. Some of my favorite memories :cloud9:

People Mover is a great substitution for Alien Encounter. It was horrifying!!!! Sounds like a nice opportunity for some father-daughter bonding :goodvibes a much better idea than traumatising yourself for life on Alien Encounter :laughing:

Everything at night is so perfect in Disney. It's definitely one of my favorite times around the whole resort.

Me too! I always start off getting up early for rope drop, then after a few days I come to realise that I much prefer park-closing time :goodvibes Disneyland Paris is my "local" Disney park, and that always closes at 9/10pm so staying in the Magic Kingdom until past midnight is way more exciting to me than it should be :laughing:

ALSO! I've noticed you and some other Disers who follow you are Tom Hiddleston fans? Can I join your club?

Yt4kK7LoomGKA.gif

tyg2Tjpt0kWU8.gif
uYQnDiDv2FpRe.gif

Errrrm, YES. Of course you can!!!! I welcome as many Tom Hiddleston gifs as a Dis post allows :rotfl: @BibbitybobityLu will always deliver for us :thumbsup2 :laughing:

(Warning: Non-sensical word-heavy comments)

Hello, dearest pkondz :goodvibes :wave: I hope you had a great time on your trip! I'll be catching up on your TR very soon :goodvibes
And don't worry, non-sensical comments are what I have come to expect from you :thumbsup2

I love a good holy moly!
But not a holey moldy, which is an old donut.

Aaaaaand you've proved your point already :rotfl:

(I also like a holy cannoli :thumbsup2)

:sad2: This kills me. You're upset that you only have four days left... my trips are usually 4 days in total!

Ugh I know, I'm really lucky to be able to visit for so long. I think the feeling is more like "the last 10 days have flown by... so these next 4 days will be over before we know it!"

I have three comments here.
1. I love pickles, so pickles anytime is a good thing.
2. Oddly enough, the Christmas pickle seems to have originated in the States, but everyone thinks it started in Germany.
No one I know in Germany has ever heard of it.
3. You're weird. I think that's why I like you.

I posted a pickle picture on my Instagram and someone from Germany said the 'tradition' isn't anything she's ever heard of..! MAGIC RUINED.

And as for point 3. Thank you. I like your weirdness too. We should form a club.

vwbrO2o.gif

That's one thing that I have zero interest in doing.
I guess it's possibly because I've done a hot air balloon ride already... untethered that is.

Holy cannoli. I would be terrified of an untethered one!!

Just out of curiosity, do you know what the temperatures were like when you guys were there?

Hmmm I'm not sure. I'm not very good with estimating temperature. It was very hot but bearable during the first week, but during the second week it was swiftly moving over to UN-bearable.

Don't do it! Don't restrain yourself! Buy! Buy!

Oh... wait... if you do that, will Jamie be like, "Bye, bye"?

Bahahah no he's used to me. Although I can't speak for him when we get to the airport and my suitcase is double the weight limit... Then I would expect him to get on that plane and say bye bye! He rarely has sympathy for me when I get myself into ridiculous situations like that.

"wasn't going to swim properly"
I have this vision of you in the water wildly flailing your arms and legs about while calling out (over and over) "I'm not swimming properly!"

Ok, this cracked me up!! :rotfl2: yes, that is exactly what happened :rotfl:

Thank goodness! What a narrow escape! If you hadn't thought quickly, there's no way you could have recovered!

Unless of course your room has a hair dryer.... but now I'm just being silly.

You just don't understand the struggle that is long hair in Florida!!!! Plus, getting rained on yields completely different hair results than washing your hair with shampoo and conditioner :rotfl: trust me, you do not want to see me after I've been rained on, followed by Florida humidity... It is not a pretty sight :rotfl: Think Friends when Monica is in Barbados...

Monica-and-Chandler-The-One-in-Barbados-Part-Two-9-24-monica-and-chandler-9623844-720-480.jpg

1. Thanks for the photo, otherwise I would've had no idea what a "slouchy black dress" was.
2. You both clean up real nice.

Aww, thank you my dear! :goodvibes

::yes:: There was a restaurant that was supposedly the "best in town". I took my then girlfriend.
It was expensive. The portions were tiny.
And the absolute worst part?
The tables were so close together that when the waiter took the next table's order, he (and I swear I'm not making this up) rested his bum on our table.

Needless to say, I never went back.

Oh my life, that sounds awful. I would seriously consider getting up and leaving at that point :laughing:

I get it.
Kay likes her steaks rare and since she's only 14, the waiters always... always! ask her if she knows what rare means.
Drives her nuts.
And several times she's sent her steak back for being over cooked.

I have a sneaking suspicion that when a lot of people order their steaks "rare" and get them rare, they send them back for being "too rare" :sad2:

Ahh that might explain the funny looks he always gets when he asks for rare steaks! Maybe they're just fed up of people sending them back. That is annoying that they ask Kay if she knows what a rare steak is?! How patronising!!

Wasn't that fun?
I had no idea what to expect when I went in February.
I thought it was a hoot!

Yes the laugh floor is great! I think my expectations were low, so it easily exceeded them :goodvibes Jamie didn't want to do it this year though, he said that he'd probably be made to do something stupid, and I'd write about it in my trip report :rotfl: HE'S ONTO ME!

It's Ross from Friends!
(Lemme know if you don't get that.)

tumblr_ljxnarqSZA1qaxu51o1_r1_500.gif

Classic!!! :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

It's really good, isn't it?

I love Celebrate the Magic!!!! The Wreck it Ralph part blows my mind every time :goodvibes

Did you actively tan by the pool? Or just from being outside in the Florida sun while touring?

We only sat by the pool a couple of times so I was mostly tanned from walking around in the sun! So I think I turned out pretty brown :thumbsup2

It's the face! It's the Katie on Space Mountain face!

:rotfl: I get too excited!

You sound exhausted just reading about these Extra Magic Hours!!!!

Chiming in to tell you that (1.) I LOVE your TR and (2.) I am a rare steak eater as well :wave:

Recently someone (a hard core vegetarian) told me that eating my steak rare was equal to eating my dog. I don't even know how one responds to something like that :confused3

Hey, thank you!! And it's great to see a rare steak eater :thumbsup2 oh jeez, no no no, steaks are supposed to be rare! I recently saw this video of Gordon Ramsay slating someone over a well-done steak, it made me laugh! See if you agree :laughing:

Last edited:
Hello, dearest pkondz :goodvibes :wave:

Oh, my. She called me "dearest".
I may swoon.

In a super manly way, of course.

I hope you had a great time on your trip!

We did!
But... Hot!!!

I'll be catching up on your TR very soon :goodvibes

Oh, I hope so! There's some stuff in there already that I want you to see/read.

And don't worry, non-sensical comments are what I have come to expect from you :thumbsup2

Whoops! My reputation of ill-repute precedes me.

Aaaaaand you've proved your point already :rotfl:

Well, that didn't take long.

(I also like a holy cannoli :thumbsup2)

Holy cow!

mmm.... steak.

Ugh I know, I'm really lucky to be able to visit for so long. I think the feeling is more like "the last 10 days have flown by... so these next 4 days will be over before we know it!"

That's how I feel on the flight down!

I posted a pickle picture on my Instagram and someone from Germany said the 'tradition' isn't anything she's ever heard of..! MAGIC RUINED.

Sorry about that.

And as for point 3. Thank you. I like your weirdness too. We should form a club.

vwbrO2o.gif

Sounds like a plan! I'll be Ally Sheedy and you be Judd Nelson!

Okay, okay. I'm kidding, of course.

I of course will be Molly Ringwald and you can be Emilio Estevez.

Holy cannoli. I would be terrified of an untethered one!!

It's actually really relaxing. It's amazing how you can hear everything up there.
People having conversations are clear as a bell.

But the landing? Not quite the right word there. More like the "crashing".

Bahahah no he's used to me. Although I can't speak for him when we get to the airport and my suitcase is double the weight limit... Then I would expect him to get on that plane and say bye bye! He rarely has sympathy for me when I get myself into ridiculous situations like that.

You just don't understand the struggle that is long hair in Florida!!!! Plus, getting rained on yields completely different hair results than washing your hair with shampoo and conditioner :rotfl: trust me, you do not want to see me after I've been rained on, followed by Florida humidity... It is not a pretty sight :rotfl: Think Friends when Monica is in Barbados...

Oh boy.

Wait! Wait! I wanna see a picture of you with your hair like that!

It would be an incredible departure from your usual gorgeous photos.

Aww, thank you my dear! :goodvibes

Wow! First "dearest" and now "my dear".

That's it. Let's run off together and live happily ever after in WDW.

The hard part's going to be breaking it to our respective partners...
They'll get over it.

Oh my life, that sounds awful. I would seriously consider getting up and leaving at that point :laughing:

Yes the laugh floor is great! I think my expectations were low, so it easily exceeded them

::yes::

Jamie didn't want to do it this year though, he said that he'd probably be made to do something stupid, and I'd write about it in my trip report :rotfl: HE'S ONTO ME!

:laughing:

Hi, Katie! I hope you had fabulous and wonderful vacations at both Disney locations! I'm sorry that it's been a long time since I commented - I took a break after my vacation, and then you took a break! I hate how life gets in the way of the DIS! :laughing:

I'm not 100% sure when I last commented, but this should be pretty close...

So I picked out the Cinderella Castle bangle in silver, which says “Walt Disney World” on it.

Oh my goodness, I bought the same Alex and Ani bracelet! I'm not even much of a bracelet person but I wear it all the time! I LOVE it!

(I also went back a few days later and bought the silver Goofy bracelet, because, well, have you seen my DIS name? ;) ) :goofy:

The view over the marina was pretty. I’m surprised we never sat and watched the fireworks from over here.

It's a fabulous place to watch fireworks and I'd highly recommend it! I watched Wishes from that spot both nights we were at the Grand Floridian and I'd love to do it again!

My only gripe is the music is a bit too soft - my guess is because the rooms are so close and some people may be sleeping (!) they don't crank it up very high. :-)

But first I stopped in Mouse Gear and bought my jumper!

Anika bought the same sweatshirt! If you smush Anika and I together, it appears we'd buy the same souvenirs!

Here’s one the best things about Epcot at night, and if you disagree, you’re wrong:

I completely agree - I adore those sidewalks. :lovestruc I love to either beat or lag behind the crowds after Illuminations so I can get a better view of them.

I would make a reservation at Citricos JUST for the dessert alone.

Citricos is a restaurant that I always consider but it always manages to be caught on the chopping block. However, when you mention that you should make a reservation for the dessert alone... I MUST EAT HERE! :hyper:

I love the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor! We tried it by chance a few years ago (as we'd done nearly everything else) and were very surprised at how much we enjoyed it! It really is a hidden gem!

And that final “CELEBRAAAATE THE MAAAAGIIIIIIC!” right before the fireworks gives me chills!

Nothing will ever top Wishes for me, but I LOVED Celebrate the Magic! Wreck-it-Ralph is fabulous, but I think my favorite scene is the lanterns from Tangled. (But there's also the Up! balloons! Argh! TOO MANY GOOD SCENES!)

It really is great - you did a good job with this one, Disney. :cloud9:

Sorry Katie--I think you were saying something about some trip to some place or something, but I forgot what it was when I saw all the wonderfulness that was Tom Hiddleston gifs!!!! Could we have more of that, please?

(Thank you, beckyx3!! You're my new best friend!)

Of course Lori! I welcome as many of these gifs as humanly possible :laughing:

002a1770-cab5-0132-45b9-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

Hmm. Do I feel WDW wedding vibes coming off you?!? :hyper: Cause I totally feel it over here in Cali!

Hey girl! OMG I've already said it, but congratulations again on your exciting news!!!!!! :lovestruc

And what a dream it would be to get married at Disney! It's just a bit of a hassle to get all the family and friends out there from the UK... So maybe a Disneymoon would be more feasible :thumbsup2

:rotfl::lmao: For reals, I wanted the Adventureland and Fantasyland plates that they sell there and DH was like what are you going to do with two plates?? Uh, hello. One plate for each eye?!:confused3

RIGHT?! The thought of knives scratching on my beautiful Splash Mountain plate makes my skin crawl!

Only $20 bucks for 12 posters?? How did I miss this.:sad:

I can't find the Disney World one, but they have the Disneyland poster art listed on the Disney Store!

http://www.disneystore.com/disneyland-attraction-poster-art-pack/mp/1370891/1011901/

I bought the Disneyland Paris set last month too, they're so beautiful :lovestruc

I usually hear of folks ordering more medium/medium-rare. Maybe he says it weird?? OMGOSH have you ever seen Mickey Blue Eyes with Hugh Grant?!? Check this out, around the 40 second mark

Hahaha what the heck?!?! :rotfl:Maybe that's what Jamie's accent sounds like to American waiters?!

:rotfl2::rotfl: :lmao: Cause i'm not embarrassed to tell you this, my FIL knows I keep candy in a certain drawer on the island so everytime he comes over, he goes straight there. Well he kept eating all the good candy I would buy, so I started buying really crappy candy for that drawer and hiding my good stuff. He didn't notice that he was eating those awful hard candies that grandmas have in their purse :rotfl:

You are officially my idol. This is so smart :rotfl: I might even try this with Jamie and see if he notices :rotfl2:

You really do take everything in the room :thumbsup2

tumblr_lyxdwbaOit1qb9kyro1_500.gif

Like this?

tumblr_magqf8xdx11r4ywaeo1_1280-jpg.122903

Or this?

rczbuiy-jpg.122904

DEAR LORD. Unfortunately here in the UK, some of the girl's make up isn't that different than the second picture :sad2:

The boy from Monsters Inc Laugh Floor looked like THIS! No other pirate features whatsoever, normal clothes, but big caterpillar eyebrows... Staring blankly ahead of him whilst on the big screen :rotfl: it was too funny!

DSC_0214a.jpg

Ugh same here! And then when i'm finally okay with the change, they change it again!:sad2:

I'm actually slightly worried about the 50th anniversary in 2021, I feel like they're going to change up all the entertainment.. Just please leave Wishes alone!!!!

Hi Katie,

I purchased these posters last trip at Fantasyland, in Pete's Bigtop. They now adorn my guest bedroom walls (really my grandson's bedroom, when he stays over). They were a great purchase and I have been asked to get a set for my son as well. Really retro and so detailed.

That's awesome! I bet they look great up on the walls, I haven't got around to it yet, but I should be moving soon so I'm hoping to get them framed and up on the walls ASAP! I also bought the Disneyland Paris set last month which are really pretty :lovestruc

Hey Katie!! Here I am, finally all caught up with your lovely TR!

Hey Alison!! :wave: Sorry I've been absent for a while, but I'm looking forward to getting back over to your TR once everything's updated here :goodvibes

That Splash MTn plate is so pretty! And of course you don't eat off it - its too beautiful to do such a thing!!:rotfl::thumbsup2

Isn't it! I don't know how anyone can eat off these beautiful plates :laughing: just kidding, but if any of my friends came round and put something sticky on mine, I would NOT be impressed!

This is amazing, oh my gosh I wish I had seen this when I was there...I wonder if they still sell it, or something very similar...

They still had them when we were there recently! I can't find the WDW set online, but they sell the Disneyland version :goodvibes

http://www.disneystore.com/posters-...ttraction-poster-art-pack/mp/1370891/1011901/

love Love LOVE your outfit! So cute! :goodvibes

Thank you girly!!!!

Again, I love your adorable outfit! :thumbsup2

Haha, thanks again! :lovestruc I changed my outfit like three times a day this trip I swear :laughing: (I was much lazier this year!)
I am looking forward to reading the end of this TR, and then your new one!!!!! :cool1:

I'll be updating / finishing off this report in the next couple of days (finally!)

Eh? Hang on! I need more! I was so enjoying your TR and now I have to go back to real life while I wait for another update! I have loved immersing myself in your trip report (I know that sounds a bit creepy!) and you have made me very excited for our trip next year.

A question - I haven't really done much EMH wise at WDW - do the buses keep running when they are on?

CAN'T WAIT to read more. No pressure.

Hey! Sorry it's been so long! :laughing: I will be updating / finishing this TR very soon! And I've just got back from WDW a couple of weeks ago, so I'll be starting a brand new one soon too :goodvibes And that's not creepy at all! I'm glad it's made you excited for your trip :goodvibes

As for your question, we've never had a problem getting home on the buses after EMH :goodvibes I think I read that they keep the buses running 1 or 2 hours after park closing, including EMH. The only problem we HAVE encountered is that sometimes the buses can be very infrequent late at night... As two grown adults we've had to sit ourselves on the ground in the bus queue because we were so exhausted from waiting so long! But maybe we just got unlucky a couple of times. They definitely don't stop them all together though!

I just found this TR a few days ago and I've been hoooked! I can't wait to read more!

Thank you!! I'll be updating / finishing it in the next couple of days, before starting a brand new report for a trip we just got back from :goodvibes

Oh no! Your trip report will be coming to an end :( But there will be more adventures to look forward to reading about :D

Hey Dawn! Yep yep, plenty more adventures coming soon :goodvibes I hope you had a great trip too! I'll get over to your TR once I finally get things updated here :thumbsup2

We need more!!!

Coming very soon!!! It's all written out and finished, so I'll be posting it all ASAP :goodvibes

This is such an awesome trip report! I've been enjoying it for the past two days! So exciting!

Thanks so much! I'm really glad you've enjoyed it :goodvibes It'll be finished soon, but then I can get started on the next one :teeth:

Katie, I'm starting to get worried that you got lost while you were at WDW, and even now are holding hands with Mickey and sharing a Dole Whip. Where are you?!

I'M ALIVE! And sadly back in the UK, sans Dole Whip.. :sad2: I hope you all had a fantastic time on your trip, even with those few rainy evenings we had!:umbrella:

Oh, I hope so! There's some stuff in there already that I want you to see/read.

Of course I will! I'm excited to have so much to read :goodvibes

Sounds like a plan! I'll be Ally Sheedy and you be Judd Nelson!

Okay, okay. I'm kidding, of course.

I of course will be Molly Ringwald and you can be Emilio Estevez.

I think in reality we're both Molly Ringwald, ie. princesses, bonding over Disney World. princess:

Wait! Wait! I wanna see a picture of you with your hair like that!

It would be an incredible departure from your usual gorgeous photos.

You must be crazy if you think I have any pictures looking like that :laughing:

But aww shucks, thank you..

american-horror-story-pepper-gif-22.gif

That's it. Let's run off together and live happily ever after in WDW.

9XL0vUY.gif

Hi, Katie! I hope you had fabulous and wonderful vacations at both Disney locations! I'm sorry that it's been a long time since I commented - I took a break after my vacation, and then you took a break! I hate how life gets in the way of the DIS! :laughing:

Thank you girly! And that's so fine, I totally understand life getting in the way of the Dis, I haven't been on in like 2 months! I'm super excited to catch up on your TR, your PTR was the absolute bee's knees :thumbsup2 I will be catching up soon!

Oh my goodness, I bought the same Alex and Ani bracelet! I'm not even much of a bracelet person but I wear it all the time! I LOVE it!

It's so pretty isn't it! Yay Alex and Ani twinsies :goodvibes

(I also went back a few days later and bought the silver Goofy bracelet, because, well, have you seen my DIS name? ;) ) :goofy:

Of course you did! I would expect nothing less :thumbsup2 I also have the silver Epcot one and gold Mickey's Fun Wheel one that I ordered online, and this year at WDW I bought the gold Jiminy Cricket one that sat says "When you wish upon a star" :lovestruc:lovestruc

It's a fabulous place to watch fireworks and I'd highly recommend it! I watched Wishes from that spot both nights we were at the Grand Floridian and I'd love to do it again!

My only gripe is the music is a bit too soft - my guess is because the rooms are so close and some people may be sleeping (!) they don't crank it up very high. :-)

I bet it's so nice! That's strange that they keep the music soft though, they played it fairly loud from the Polynesian, we had no trouble hearing. In my opinion nobody should be sleeping that early at Disney :thumbsup2

Anika bought the same sweatshirt! If you smush Anika and I together, it appears we'd buy the same souvenirs!

I like both of your tastes :thumbsup2 maybe I'm a long lost sister :confused3

Nothing will ever top Wishes for me, but I LOVED Celebrate the Magic! Wreck-it-Ralph is fabulous, but I think my favorite scene is the lanterns from Tangled. (But there's also the Up! balloons! Argh! TOO MANY GOOD SCENES!)

YES the Tangled bit is amazing :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc I'm a sucker for a strong finale though, I ALMOST lose my cool when you see Walt and Mickey at the end :lovestruc

Day 13
(September 14th 2014)

Three parks, one day.
Part 1 – There’s a rumbly in my tumbly… Crystal Palace!

YAWN!

After getting to bed after 2am last night, we were up and at ‘em at 7am for our 8:45am reservation at Crystal Palace!

Of course, we wanted to get some pictures of an empty Magic Kingdom before it officially opened, so we left our room at 8:10am and headed for the boat dock.

22303519132_e5b68d3f21_b.jpg

There was no one else waiting at the dock, so we had a nice, private cruise.

22303514232_1c7153fc21_b.jpg

We went over to the Poly first, but there was no one there either, so we continued on to the Magic Kingdom!

21695390693_d9d02cc68c_b.jpg

Here’s our building! Our room is the one directly to the left of the big central balcony. Ie, the one right below the chimney :thumbsup2

22303503022_5e84d061c4_b.jpg

22303495922_6010e2075f_b.jpg

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME.

22129592629_3dba486cbf_b.jpg

We disembarked and headed to the entrance, and we made it into the park by 8:30am.

We went straight to the photopass photographers to get some empty Main Street pictures.

This first photographer has kind of bugged me though.
Well, at the time he was nice and he made me laugh, hence my ridiculous mid-laugh face in the first picture.
But he was moving us into position, and he was telling us to shuffle to the right, and he ended up completely centralising Jamie (who is over 6ft tall), and consequentially blocked off pretty much the entire castle?

22128690888_4ba90be515_b.jpg

22326872891_3d6f07aed6_b.jpg

HUH?!
Is it just me, or is that a weird thing to do?!
Surely it’s better to get the castle like, right between our heads?!
:confused3
But whatever, they’re still nice pictures, and I got some more OK castle shots of my own, so it ain’t no thaaang.

22316397625_f31cf4164f_b.jpg

21693636324_34c93f9054_b.jpg

After leaving the Magic Kingdom at 1:30am last night, we felt like we were pretty m
uch the last ones out, and the first ones back in!
It was quite the accomplishment.

22303436742_3da66e3a69_c.jpg

22128359170_d5f968ee0c_b.jpg

Aww, aren’t we presh.

21695253123_0ed39c41c0_c.jpg

As we wandered around Main Street, I took the following photo purely because (as you may have guessed) I am obsessed with my dog, who is called Stanley, and it made me smile to see his name right below Walt Disney’s name on these official Magic Kingdom construction signs :lovestruc

22316364575_ee91b687bf_c.jpg

(I’m so lame.)

At 8:40am we checked in at this beautiful location.

22129449899_4856d0aef3_b.jpg

22128552408_4d4f48487a_b.jpg

I LOVE BREAKFAST AT CRYSTAL PALACE.

We were seated within 5 or 10 minutes, and went straight up to the buffet!

Here’s my first plate, and Jamie had pretty much the same.
It’s making me hungry just looking at it…

22128626008_98acfa021a_b.jpg

We actually had two rounds of the sausage, eggs and bacon!
CALORIES DON’T COUNT WHEN YOU’RE IN DISNEY.

Our first character was Tigger!
But unfortunately my photo came out blurry.

22129512659_c10be5f2e1_c.jpg

Jamie was going to just take pictures of me with the characters, but Tigger insisted he gave him a hug!

22326943591_361d9b2bfd_b.jpg

(I didn’t boost any saturation on this photo – Tigger really is radioactive orange.)

Next up was Piglet!
How super adorable is this little hold we have on each other :lovestruc

21693590174_f892f8ac08_c.jpg

When we first said hello he gave me a kiss on the cheek! He’s so adorbs.

After Piglet said goodbye I got some fruit from the buffet.
It was so nice to eat this on a hot morning.

22128603428_505c283550_b.jpg

Eventually, Eeyore found our table.
I got up to say hello, but he’d spotted my bag! So he waddled over to it, and started clapping and bouncing up and down!!!!!

Oh my God, I nearly died.
It was SO cute.
I’m going to start pointing and clapping at things that I like.

22128598568_92281680f9_c.jpg

By the time we’d met Eeyore we were pretty full and ready to leave, but I REALLY wanted to meet Pooh.
He’s my favourite of the gang for sure.
He seemed kind of far away though.
We weren’t sure about what is considered proper character buffet etiquette… :laughing:
We didn’t want to just sit there waiting, so I grabbed a cinnamon bun and FORCED it down.

What a hard life I lead.

22316323875_cf406c1d30_b.jpg

It took about 25 minutes between meeting Eeyore and Pooh, but it was so worth it.
Look how adorable we are!
I love cuddles with this chubby little cubby.

22316303195_f417e95cdd_c.jpg

I’m so glad I waited for him.
By the time he left it was 10:05am, so I took a couple more photos, and we headed out to enjoy the park.

22326915721_60c3730812_c.jpg

22316296915_e090dbfa50_b.jpg

We love breakfast at Crystal Palace!

The food obviously isn’t gourmet or anything, but I still find it delicious. I could eat SO much of it.
It can also take a LONG time if you want to meet all four of the characters. You can technically be in and out of the restaurant in about 20-30 minutes if you go straight up to the buffet for a couple of plates of food, and just meet whoever is around at the time.
But I wanted to meet the whole gang, and it took us about 1 hour 15 minutes in total.
But that’s absolutely fine by me.
I’m so excited to go again this year!

(Side note: It was MUCH quicker this year!)

Click for Day 13, Part 2!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter