Oh It's A Jolly Holiday With Katie! - Beach Club / Grand Floridian

Hi Katie :wave2: Enjoyed catching up with all your updates! Great photos as always. :goodvibes

UGH the bottle is just as good as the juice. So cute!

The juice is practically liquidised sugar, but you cannot beat that pumpkin flavour!!!

I'm shocked I haven't seen pumpkin juice anywhere up here in the fall. Pumpkin everything floods the stores around that time. Do you see that it the UK, too?

(I think this is a sign that I would be in Hufflepuff.
What are Hufflepuffs good at?
Oh that's right.
NOTHING.)

I love Hufflepuff! It might be because Aidan got chosen for Hufflepuff in this Fencing club's Hogwarts themed fencing tournament this year.

Jamie and I are currently watching American Horror Story and instead of covering my eyes when I’m scared, I become completely paralyzed and literally just stare at the TV screen in horror, like a dear in the headlights.

Your much braver than me. Jamie watches AHS while I hide behind my laptop. It's too creepy for me. :sad2:

I think I said this in the updates for last week’s Universal trip, but in my mind, nothing beats an actual rollercoaster on a track!

A lot of Universal’s popular attractions are 3D / motion simulators (Harry Potter, The Simpsons, Despicable Me, Transformers, Spider-Man, Shrek 4-D)

I had no idea so many of the rides are simulators. Makes Universal somewhat less appealing to me.

And we quickly realised that Jamie had lost his red Avengers t-shirt…!!!

You know, the one that he JUST bought.

MAJOR FACEPALM.

Oh, no! Did you try lost & found? I lost a couple things at Disney and was shocked when I got them back.

But mom didn’t even try to hurry off the walkway to get to a restroom.
She literally just stood there watching!
And then she just walked off without even telling a CM?

:scared1: I don't even know what to say about that. :sad2:

We decided we wanted to get as far away from the pee family as possible

Good plan. :thumbsup2

We then watched the guy get (literally) 1,000 GALLONS of water thrown over him, and Jamie looked at me in horror!

And he said,

“You were going to let ME do THAT? YOU’RE A MONSTER.”

:lmao:

19513867051_be26268a30_b.jpg

This reminds me of cowbell.

As I write this on July 7th, it’s recently been announced that they’re closing the Animation building!

I haven't heard that. Sounds like HS is getting a near complete redo. Just makes me glad we got to do the drawing class this year in case it goes away.

Looking forward to hearing more.

Hi,

Just wanted to say that your trip report has been enjoyable to follow, you take great photographs and it truly seems like you had a really. Both my daughter (8yrs old) and I enjoyed reading it. I have to say though my daughter's funniest comment had to do with the pics of the food on your flight. She was very envious as she saw all that food and turned to me and said "Daddy how come we only get a small bag of cookies and of peanuts on our flights?" :lmao:

So funny some times what kids notice.

Hi Katie!

I've been lurking along with this trip report but decided to come out of hiding and say hello! I'm loving your trip reports. The GIFs are amazing and your pictures are getting me so excited for my upcoming trip in 33 days!! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!!

I'm so excited to have found your TR. I spent the last two days at work catching up and I've loved every minute of it!
You guys are adorable and I can only hope that someday I find a guy who will have as much fun with me down there as you two have together!
Can't wait for the rest of the report! :-)

Hey, thanks so much for reading! I'm really glad you're enjoying it :goodvibes Aww I'm sure you will! Jamie's a good sport, and he doesn't think of himself as "too cool" for Disney, so it's a lot of fun to go with him! :goodvibes

OMG!!!! Katie's addicted to crack!!!!!!!

tumblr_mhf59iq0UW1rzoqxdo1_400.gif

(But don't you wonder what happened to that raccoon? Did he make it? Did the gator make him into lunch?)

He made it to the Magic Kingdom and had a great time :goodvibes :laughing:

Ok, you're now the coolest person ever.

Oh I know, Stacey boosts me right up the social ladder :thumbsup2

Gah! This is the cutest TR ever! Finally following along after binge reading the entire thing.

Hey, thanks so much! Glad you're here :goodvibes

Hi Katie :wave2: Enjoyed catching up with all your updates! Great photos as always. :goodvibes

Thanks Colleen!

I'm shocked I haven't seen pumpkin juice anywhere up here in the fall. Pumpkin everything floods the stores around that time. Do you see that it the UK, too?

Here in the UK we don't see pumpkin at all, until September/October when it takes over every Starbucks and similar chain! I don't really care for it in coffee to be honest, so I kinda resent it when it replaces my mango flavoured products :laughing:

I love Hufflepuff! It might be because Aidan got chosen for Hufflepuff in this Fencing club's Hogwarts themed fencing tournament this year.

Yay! Go Hufflepuff!!!

Oh, no! Did you try lost & found? I lost a couple things at Disney and was shocked when I got them back.

That's great that you got your things back! We didn't check lost and found actually.. I would always assume everything was gone for good, maybe I shouldn't be so pessimistic :sad2:

I haven't heard that. Sounds like HS is getting a near complete redo. Just makes me glad we got to do the drawing class this year in case it goes away.

I agree completely! I'm so glad we got a last chance to do everything :thumbsup2 It really does sound that DHS is a mess right now, I think they're revamping the whole place. Apparently they'll be making announcements at D23!

Hi,

Just wanted to say that your trip report has been enjoyable to follow, you take great photographs and it truly seems like you had a really. Both my daughter (8yrs old) and I enjoyed reading it. I have to say though my daughter's funniest comment had to do with the pics of the food on your flight. She was very envious as she saw all that food and turned to me and said "Daddy how come we only get a small bag of cookies and of peanuts on our flights?" :lmao:

So funny some times what kids notice.

Hey thanks!! I'm glad you've enjoyed it :goodvibes Aww haha bless your daughter, that's precious! Our flight is over 8 hours, so I'm kinda glad we get more than a bag of peanuts! :rotfl:

Hi Katie!

I've been lurking along with this trip report but decided to come out of hiding and say hello! I'm loving your trip reports. The GIFs are amazing and your pictures are getting me so excited for my upcoming trip in 33 days!! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!!

Hey! Thanks for coming out of lurkdom!! I love reading everyone's comments :goodvibes and thanks for the kind words :goodvibes your trip is so soon!! You must be getting so excited :hyper: Have a great time!!!

Day 10
(September 11th 2014)

Yum and wow!
Part 3 – ‘Ohana!

Surprise! We’d taken the monorail to Hawaii!!

19234665023_50964d578c_b.jpg

Lol, just kidding.

19667551700_55b6245fd5_b.jpg

(I don’t know why I did that crop. Blame tiredness and delirium.)

We’re at the Polynesian, for dinner at ‘Ohana!

This is Jamie’s favourite meal at Walt Disney World!

I love love LOVE the Polynesian, (we’re staying there this September!)
But at the time we visited in September 2014, the place was a MESS.
Seriously, there was construction EVERYWHERE.
I don’t mind the odd crane or scrim here and there, but this was a bit of joke.
I really hope they were offering big room discounts at this time, but I don’t think they were!

Still, it was only noticeable while we were in the lobby and seating area outside ‘Ohana. Once we got into the restaurant it was all out of sight, and out of mind.

But here you can see that they completely boarded up the big open lobby space. I think this was probably when they removed the big fountain.

19848155002_8a275bb284_b.jpg

And this was the view outside:

19667522678_5b0a1b0822_b.jpg

UGH. SUCH a mess.
They really should’ve just closed the whole resort for a while, in my opinion…

We waited patiently for our beeper to go off. ‘Ohana always seems to be running quite late when seating people.

19829349396_e80beddfb1_c.jpg

We were seated at around 7pm, which was only 20 minutes after our ADR time.

In 2012 we went to ‘Ohana for breakfast, and we had an AMAZING table next to the window, probably the best seat in the house!

However, with all the construction going on outside, I was more than happy to be seated in the middle of the restaurant this time.

19668954739_17a32d100c_b.jpg

We still had a lovely view of the castle!

19232900384_215fd809fc_b.jpg

I was seated next to THIS GUY though, which was a little disconcerting… Like, what is he doing?!

19232897814_345686a356_c.jpg

:laughing:

Anyway,

FOOD TIME!

We started off with some bread and a mixed green salad.

The salad wasn’t really anything special, but the bread was so good.

If this was a normal restaurant I would keep asking for more of that bread, but that’s pretty unnecessary at 'Ohana, considering the amount of food you get!

Unfortunately I don’t remember our server’s name, but he was wonderful. He was really friendly and VERY quick and attentive! He seemed to be constantly bringing us more food.

You might say we were “saying YUM and WOW every 5 seconds”..
(Stacey - again? ANYONE??)

Anyway, in no time, we were brought these!

19667499578_ac0cbaacd5_b.jpg

“Pork Dumplings tossed in Garlic-Ginger Sauce”
and
“Honey-Coriander Chicken Wings”

Both served with
“Peanut and Sweet-n-Sour Sauces”

YUM AND WOW!

I could have eaten plate after plate of those dumplings with the peanut butter sauce. They were SO good.

The wings were a bit too sweet for me, but that’s completely a personal preference thing.
Jamie loved them!

We were also given this:

19667518250_d9777a4d15_b.jpg

“Noodles, tossed in a Teriyaki Sauce with Fresh Vegetables”
and
“Stir-fried Vegetables”

For something so simple, this dish was full of flavour and really tasty :goodvibes

Also, we each had a soft drink included in the price of the meal, but we thought we’d splash out a bit and order a cocktail each!

I got the Lapu Lapu (of course)
And Jamie got the Island Sunset.

Here’s what was in them both!

19855493055_8004dfb546_b.jpg

The Lapu Lapu is really nice, but even if it wasn’t nice, you can’t beat the fact that it’s served IN A PINEAPPLE.

19667491618_c1469d198d_c.jpg

Is this real life?
SO cool!
Jamie really liked his island sunset too.
We both mentioned that they don’t taste overly-alcoholic, so they slip down very easily!

My one tiny gripe, which wasn’t really a gripe and was pretty amusing, was that the umbrella in my Lapu Lapu was at the same angle as my straw…
It almost took my eye out a couple of times!
But I couldn’t take it out because it was pretty, so I decided to potentially sacrifice an eye.

19234617183_c6af9d7e10_b.jpg

I was laughing at how manly Jamie looked with his Island Sunset :laughing:

19860462031_93ca10a0d4_b.jpg

He’s a Princess. princess:

Also, in the picture above of me, you can see that the guy on the left was teaching a hula lesson!
Ahh if we had finished eating already I totally would’ve got up and done it!!
Maybe this year :thumbsup2

And when he wasn’t teaching the hula, he was walking around singing whilst playing his little ukulele!

The atmosphere is so much fun!

19855514435_bdabd77b2c_b.jpg

Soon it was time for our MEAT.

The meat is brought out on skewers, and you can have as much as you like!

In fact, the whole dinner at 'Ohana is “all-you-care-to-enjoy” for a fixed price, so you can ask for more of anything, and they’ll bring it right out to you :thumbsup2

We started off with some pork, which was excellent!

19668911519_2948899002_b.jpg

I’ve just checked out the menu to get some info on the pork, but apparently they’ve now replaced it with the Sweet-n-Sour Chicken!
I know that when they first got rid of the chicken a while ago, a lot of people were really disappointed, so hopefully this is a good thing.
I hope it’s as good as the pork!

Then came the “Szechuan Sirloin Steak”.

“Prepared over an oak fire, served on Skewers with Peanut and Sweet-n-Sour Sauces.”

This was a little over-cooked, but I won’t hold it against them, because our next round of beef was much better!

Unfortunately I only got a photo of the slightly-burnt one, but like I said, it’s easy to get more from a different batch.

19855506335_614b32de59_b.jpg

And lastly, we were brought our “Spicy Grilled Peel-n-Eat Shrimp”!

I LOVE SHRIMP.

Again:

“Prepared over an oak fire, served on Skewers with Peanut and Sweet-n-Sour Sauces.”

19234621033_2c90883509_b.jpg

The shrimp was very good, I really enjoyed it.
Plus, I like getting my hands dirty, and peeling my own shrimp!

Which leads into an amusing little anecdote.

Jamie, a man of 24 years old, actually asked me,

“Do I just eat this shrimp as it is.”

For some reason, the evil forces within me took over for a second, and with a straight face I just said,

“Yeah.”

As I casually ate my noodles.

And then I actually witnessed Jamie attempt to eat an entire, UNPEELED shrimp,

Legs and everything!!!

I burst out laughing.
This obviously lead to him looking a little horrified, and attempting to subtly pull shrimp legs out of his mouth :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I’m sorry, I should feel bad, but a 24 year old should know how to eat a shrimp!!!!!!

But, in return for the shrimp incident (shrimpcident?), Jamie got to laugh at me for having to drink my cocktail with a tilted head all night, because I refused to remove that pretty umbrella :laughing:

19234591773_353dd73cf8_b.jpg

Our server continued to visit us and ask us if we would like more of anything.
We had more of everything!
Of course.
Did you even have to ask, Mr. Server?!

Our meal was really great, the atmosphere was lively, and the service was top-notch!
And towards the end, we got to see the pretty sunset from the window behind me.

19860446181_27af99f789_c.jpg

But of course, we’re not leaving yet!
No sir.
The best is yet to come.

And here it is…

(Cue the heavenly music and the singing angels...)

‘OHANA BREAD PUDDING.

19829278356_9c208c1f4b_b.jpg

To be precise:

“‘Ohana Bread Pudding à la mode with Bananas-Caramel Sauce.”

YUM.

AND.

WOW.

This is probably my favourite dessert in all of Walt Disney World.

Although there was a strong contender at Citricos in a couple of days time, I’m pretty certain the bread pudding is the winner.

It is SO amazing.

Better than the red velvet cupcake I’d had earlier in the day!
And we all know how magical that cupcake is.

This bread pudding is just..

THERE ARE NO WORDS.

(I told Jamie to wait a second while I got a photo, and he gave me the same look my dog gives me when I tell him to wait for his food :laughing:)

19232835374_758f535923_b.jpg

It is perfection.

We ate the whole thing, and we were SO full!
We’d eaten so much food!
But it was definitely worth it.

I highly recommend dinner at 'Ohana!
Although keep in mind you have to make a reservation quickly.
It’s not uncommon for it to be completely booked up at around 180 days out!

But YAY, claps for 'Ohana!

We settled the bill and contemplated what to do next.
We were ready to explode, we both had legitimate food-babies in our bellies.

Jamie kinda wanted to just go back to the room, but when I told him I might go to Downtown Disney for an hour, he decided to come with me.

So we headed out of the restaurant to find the bus stop.

On the way out, however, I spotted this funny looking Tiki man.

I said to Jamie,

“Go stand next to him and make the same face.”

I fully assumed he would just say no, but he walked up to it,
Studied its face for a few seconds,
Turned around,

And gave me THIS treasure of a photograph..!!!

19855481335_c74cf608c1_c.jpg

Omg, I laughed so hard!

I immediately pulled the photo up on my camera and I was in hysterics.
I just completely lost it in the middle of the Polynesian resort.
And I continued to look at it and laugh all night :laughing:

(While I was writing this update, I said to Jamie,
“Do you want to see my favourite photo I took in Florida..?”
And when I turned my laptop to him he said,
“I KNEW it would be that one! Do NOT put that in your trip report!”)

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

It was the perfect way to end a great meal!

19668877969_a3313e8b48_c.jpg

19829260566_015dd8be65_b.jpg

Click for Day 10, Part 4!

Last edited:
I think that first tiki is trying to sneak a bite of food....lick some ice cream....sip your drink? Hhmmmm---I am just not sure what he's up to!

I think it's hilarious that you put the pic of Jamie and the tiki in after he said not to. I would so totally do the same thing! :lmao:

We've been to Ohana for breakfast but not dinner yet. It's always a toss up because we love breakfast and you get to meet Hawaiian Mickey! But that dinner looks SO good. Maybe dinner on our next trip.....

Day 10
(September 11th 2014)

Yum and wow!
Part 4 - A family of 4 visits Downtown Disney

(Regarding the title: A family of 4 = Me, Jamie, and the two food babies in our stomachs.)

We did the goofiest thing when trying to find the bus stop at the Polynesian.
It was really dark and we had no idea where to go, so we just followed a bunch of people, until we realised we were in the middle of the car park, and they were getting into their car..

no-words-homer-into-brush.gif

giphy.gif

We casually turned around and found the actual bus stop, and hopped on a bus to Downtown Disney!

We arrived at around 9pm.

19667608688_702387ff69_b.jpg

We weren’t staying long because we were practically waddling after consuming so much food.
But I love Downtown Disney at night, and the last time we were here it was raining pretty bad and I didn’t get to experience it properly, so I fancied a quick look around :goodvibes

Downtown Disney seems to always be playing music from the Princess and the Frog, which makes me happy.
When we arrived today, Almost There was playing through the speakers :goodvibes

First we went into the Christmas store!

19860590241_c83acce6a2_b.jpg

I love it so much in here.
One day I’m going to have a Disney tree in my home, that’s covered in Disney decorations.
:lovestruc

19667624460_d6b7717d76_b.jpg

I really wanted to buy something, but I don’t think the decorations would travel back to the UK very well.
Everything is very delicate, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it broke in my suitcase.

Next we checked out the Art of Disney store.
Yum and wow.
It’s such a beautiful place.
I could spend hours in there!

(I only took a couple of photos of the outside, because I’m not sure about the rules of photographing other people’s artwork?!)

19234704753_e41a3f6c18_b.jpg

19829399866_b53e38895f_b.jpg

I would really like to buy something (inexpensive) from here this year.
It’s all right up my alley!

Next we went into World of Disney!

19234721543_d0098919b9_b.jpg

Of course, Jamie found another giant plush that he wanted to take home!

19232976344_a9ca5c49b6_b.jpg

Look at this beautiful castle!

Wow.

19848204822_34626c45a6_c.jpg

In the World of Disney I bought the mother some popcorn!

She’s a popcorn fiend, and this was a multipack of six different flavours.
(She loved them!)

I was also admiring the Alex and Ani bangles, and Jamie said he’d get me one as a birthday present!

(This was Sept. 11th, and my birthday isn’t until Oct. 16th, but he figured it made more sense to buy me a couple of things from Walt Disney World rather than waiting to get me something back home.
And I whole-heartedly agreed!)

So I picked out the Cinderella Castle bangle in silver, which says “Walt Disney World” on it.

I love it!!!

After we made our purchases we started to head back to the bus stop.
The food-babies were defeating us!!!

I quickly went into Once Upon a Toy to look for a Princess and the Frog plush – still nothing!!!
On the way out of the Marketplace, the speakers were playing When We’re Human… From the Princess and the Frog!
I started to feel like they were tormenting me by withholding my plush, and bombarding me with the soundtrack.

We got on a bus, and we were back at our resort by 10:45pm.

Once we were back, we went to Gasparilla Island Grill to get some water.
The view over the marina was pretty. I’m surprised we never sat and watched the fireworks from over here.

19860581401_e2e7cec7a1_b.jpg

As we were heading back to the room, Jamie and I took separate paths around the fountain, and we exchanged a look, which definitely signalled an unspoken race.

You know, because we’re THAT competitive.

Anyway, I won the race, so Jamie left my water bottle on the side of the fountain as a sign of protest.

19860549891_907b859318_b.jpg

htcs_img2.gif

We got back to the room and I tried on my new bangle!
Unfortunately the picture came out a little blurry, but you get the idea :goodvibes

19667591468_41d79a6791_b.jpg

It was around 11pm, so we just relaxed in the room, watched some TV and fell asleep.

Tomorrow we were heading back to Animal Kingdom, and there was something very important I needed to check off my list!

Goodnight!

*End of Day 6*

Click for Day 11, Part 1!

Last edited:

He made it to the Magic Kingdom and had a great time :goodvibes :laughing:

Great, so now I'm jealous of a raccoon.

Oh I know, Stacey boosts me right up the social ladder :thumbsup2

::yes::

Surprise! We’d taken the monorail to Hawaii!!

If only!

Reminds me of a joke. Show it to Jamie. He'll understand.

God decides to reward a man for being good to his neighbor, kind to kittens, blah, blah, blah.
He tells the man that he can have whatever he wants.
The man says, "Well... There's really only one thing I want. A bridge to Hawaii. I'm afraid of flying, but I'd love to visit."
God hems and haws a bit and says "Listen. I realize I said you could have whatever you want, but the logistics of a bridge to Hawaii are beyond staggering. The ocean is kilometers deep and the stresses from ocean currents, high winds and tectonic plate movement... Please. Pick something else."
So the man thinks about it for a bit and says "Well, you know, there is one other thing..."
God says "Name it! It's yours!"
The man says "I've been married for a long time, but... I still don't understand women. I'd like to be able to understand women. That's my wish."

God replies "So this bridge... did you want two lanes or four?"

(I don’t know why I did that crop. Blame tiredness and delirium.)

Sure. Bad tiredness! Bad delirium! Stop making do weird crops!

Once we got into the restaurant it was all out of sight, and out of mind.

That's good at least. I'd hate to have to stare at construction while I'm trying to enjoy dinner.

And this was the view outside:

Nice! A sandy beach and grown up toys for the adults!
That's Disney! What will they think of next???
I've always wanted to try a front end loader.

They really should’ve just closed the whole resort for a while, in my opinion…

There's a reason they didn't.
Would you like to know why?
I can summarize for you.

You would?
Okay. Here it is:

$

Ta dah!

We still had a lovely view of the castle!

Nice.

I was seated next to THIS GUY though, which was a little disconcerting… Like, what is he doing?!

Either trying to use his tongue to snag some food off your plate or...
lick your shoulder.

YUM AND WOW!

:laughing: Tell me how you really feel!

And Jamie got the Island Sunset.

Here’s what was in them both!

Wish I liked rum, but.... oh well.
I'll just admire other people who are drinking out of pineapples.

And when I say "admire" what I really mean is "be intensely jealous".

We both mentioned that they don’t taste overly-alcoholic, so they slip down very easily!

Aaaaaaannnnndddd... there goes Katie. Under the table. Passed out on the floor.

My one tiny gripe, which wasn’t really a gripe and was pretty amusing, was that the umbrella in my Lapu Lapu was at the same angle as my straw…
It almost took my eye out a couple of times!

First world problems.

But I couldn’t take it out because it was pretty, so I decided to potentially sacrifice an eye.

::yes:: There are some things that just must be done.

I was laughing at how manly Jamie looked with his Island Sunset :laughing:

Any man who is secure enough in his masculinity is the true definition of a real man.

Did you buy that?

I'll take that as a no.

Also, in the picture above of me, you can see that the guy on the left was teaching a hula lesson!

Do it! And tell Jamie to video it.
(Unless he's doing it too. I don't see why not. This is a "guy" who will have a drink with an umbrella in it.)

For some reason, the evil forces within me took over for a second, and with a straight face I just said,

“Yeah.”

:lmao: Way to go! When I read that first part I was like
"Do it Katie. Please do it!!"

And you came through!

:rotfl:

Legs and everything!!!

I burst out laughing.
This obviously lead to him looking a little horrified, and attempting to subtly pull shrimp legs out of his mouth :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

:lmao: :rotfl:

shrimpcident?

Sure. I accept this word.

Jamie got to laugh at me for having to drink my cocktail with a tilted head all night, because I refused to remove that pretty umbrella :laughing:

Sure. He has to try and save face somehow.
As he pulls another shrimp leg out of his mouth.

(but the difference is you look cute with your head tilted... you can't look cute pulling shrimp appendages out of your mouth.)

(Cue the heavenly music and the singing angels...)

Hang on. I'll just run upstairs and give 'em a nudge.

There.
Hear them?

This is probably my favourite dessert in all of Walt Disney World.

Really!

Better than the red velvet cupcake I’d had earlier in the day!

Double really!
Wow!
(or should that be Yum and Wow?)

(I told Jamie to wait a second while I got a photo, and he gave me the same look my dog gives me when I tell him to wait for his food :laughing:)

:laughing: He does look like that!

We were ready to explode, we both had legitimate food-babies in our bellies.

That's what my DW says all the time! "food baby!"

So we headed out of the restaurant to find the bus stop.

Don't you mean you waddled out?

“Go stand next to him and make the same face.”

I fully assumed he would just say no, but he walked up to it,
Studied its face for a few seconds,
Turned around,

:laughing: So that's the story behind that!

(While I was writing this update, I said to Jamie,
“I KNEW it would be that one! Do NOT put that in your trip report!”)

And of course you listened.
You can tell Jamie that I never saw nothing. Honest.

(Regarding the title: A family of 4 = Me, Jamie, and the two food babies in our stomachs.)

:lmao:

We did the goofiest thing when trying to find the bus stop at the Polynesian.
It was really dark and we had no idea where to go, so we just followed a bunch of people, until we realised we were in the middle of the car park, and they were getting into their car..

Whoops!
Not embarrassing in the least.
Nope.
Perfectly normal.

We weren’t staying long because we were practically waddling after consuming so much food.

See? Toldja.

Downtown Disney seems to always be playing music from the Princess and the Frog, which makes me happy.

Never have seen that movie.
Maybe someday.

I really wanted to buy something, but I don’t think the decorations would travel back to the UK very well.
Everything is very delicate, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it broke in my suitcase.

Hmmm... Surely they pack them quite well. Maybe if you put it in the carry-on?

I would really like to buy something (inexpensive) from here this year.
It’s all right up my alley!

Good idea. If you go down a certain dark alley, you can get lots of stuff for less.

Of course, Jamie found another giant plush that he wanted to take home!

You'd need to book an extra seat for the flight home!
(That's on top of the two you've already booked for the food babies.)

my birthday isn’t until Oct. 16th

October is officially the best month ever for a birthday.

Just sayin'

So I picked out the Cinderella Castle bangle in silver, which says “Walt Disney World” on it.

Should've picked out the Cinderella Castle pictured earlier.
If Jamie can book an extra seat for an extra large plush, surely you can book an extra seat for a castle?

Jamie and I took separate paths around the fountain, and we exchanged a look, which definitely signalled an unspoken race.

Anyway, I won the race, so Jamie left my water bottle on the side of the fountain as a sign of protest.

Ooohhhh.... harsh.
Messing with someone's water bottle.
It's on.

We got back to the room and I tried on my new bangle!
Unfortunately the picture came out a little blurry, but you get the idea :goodvibes

::yes:: Very nice.

Goodnight!

Night! Thanks for the fun (as usual) update! :goodvibes

Fun updates! We love 'Ohana and have an ADR booked for the first day of our trip next month. Your pictures and food descriptions are making me even more excited to go back to our favorite place! You two are the cutest couple!

Oh sorry--I snuck in a reply between your posts!

I love your new bracelet! I want to get the jiminy cricket one but I can't find it anywhere except eBay.

We haven't been in art of Disney in forever. One because last time we barely escaped without spending all our money and two I'm afraid the girls will touch something and we'll leave without any money or art! Lol!

“Yeah.”

Legs and everything!!!

OH MY GOSH. First off, I would have paid pretty much any amount of money to have been there to witness this. :lmao: I personally am a huge hater when it comes to having to take the legs off of any sort of food item I'm eating (which basically means only shrimp in my case since I'm lucky enough not to, you know, have to pull the legs off my steak or chicken before it goes in my mouth!). Shrimp legs just seem so weird and creepy and are like little weird bug legs! AHHHHH! It's making my skin crawl to even think about it, which is why I find this situation distinctly hilarious! I couldn't imagine putting shrimp legs IN MY MOUTH (poor, poor Jamie...kind of :laughing::laughing::laughing:). That being said, I for sure am not going to let it stop me from eating the heck* (*censored for the kids) out of some shrimp when we're at 'Ohana in December! I mean, I may be quirky, but I'm not insane! :rotfl:

I was also admiring the Alex and Ani bangles, and Jamie said he’d get me one as a birthday present!

(This was Sept. 11th, and my birthday isn’t until Oct. 16th, but he figured it made more sense to buy me a couple of things from Walt Disney World rather than waiting to get me something back home.
And I whole-heartedly agreed!)

I love it!!!

DisTWINSIES! I LOVE all my Alex and Anis, and the WDW one is one of my absolutely faves! I've been stalking the Disney Store website to try to get the Cinderella "A dream is a wish your heart makes" silver bangle but it's always sold out. :guilty::guilty::guilty: I may or may not cry myself to sleep over this.

Also, can I just say that I can't WAIT for your September trip?! I'm so excited for you and really really really wish we could be there at the same time so we could meet (and I'm not gonna lie, I'd also like to witness Jamie try to eat shrimp legs again)! Oh well, I guess my cardboard cutout will have to do. :p

I fell behind! great updates, you guys always look like you are having a blast! I just booked 'Ohana (my 180 was yesterday) and loved getting to read your review knowing I have it coming up.

I finally caught up! I have really enjoyed reading your report and seeing all the pictures!

lynn

Love your new bracelet. I am not a big Alex & Ami fan BUT I had no idea they had Disney bracelets OMG. I may need to bring extra spending money on this next trip! I never liked the other designs but the Disney ones I just looked up are adorable.

I don't know if you have ever been to Disney's Spirit of Aloha dinner show. It is at the Polynesian Village and it is amazing. During the show they invite people to come up and learn hula. It was a lot of fun. You guys should check it out.

It is perfection.

Still really enjoying your updates! The shrimp story is too funny! So my 180 day window opened up recently and I’d all my reservations sorted. I read this yesterday and decided I just HAD to go back to Ohana!!! So I managed to bag a reservation, you’re right that it fills up fast we could only get 5.10PM but that suits us fine because we’re participating in Marathon weekend so we need to be eating early and getting a good sleep before the races because they start so early!!

I really enjoy reading your trip reports....I literally laughed out loud reading it last night with the picture of Jamie and the tiki man. My wife clearly thinks I'm crazy..HAHA

Okay this photo looks like Jamie is taking out the trash! Did he get a job at the Poly you didn't tell me about? :lmao:

I love love LOVE the Polynesian, (we’re staying there this September!)

:hyper: Yay for the Poly in September! :hyper:

19667522678_5b0a1b0822_b.jpg

UGH. SUCH a mess.

:crazy2: Yeah they really should have closed it! I would have been super upset to have stayed there when it was like that! So so messy :sad2:

19232897814_345686a356_c.jpg

Okay I'm not going to say the first thing that came into my head :rolleyes1 but wow that's a tongue! :rotfl:

You might say we were “saying YUM and WOW every 5 seconds”..
(Stacey - again? ANYONE??)

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: Stacey is the Queen!

:thumbsup2

Hmmm....I think I am going to get very drunk at Ohana when I go! I want them all! :rotfl:

The Lapu Lapu is really nice, but even if it wasn’t nice, you can’t beat the fact that it’s served IN A PINEAPPLE.

19667491618_c1469d198d_c.jpg

:earseek: Yum and Wow!

:thumbsup2 Spoken by a true girl! :laughing: "Yeah sure these heels make my toes bleed but they look amazing so who cares!" :rotfl:

19860462031_93ca10a0d4_b.jpg

tumblr_md1jwoihYM1rtxh0b.gif

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

“Yeah.”

Legs and everything!!!

I burst out laughing.

I’m sorry, I should feel bad, but a 24 year old should know how to eat a shrimp!!!!!!

:eek: Katie that is so mean! And by that I mean HILARIOUS! :rotfl: How in the heck has that boy survived?!

Oh my god! That is the EXACT look my dog gives me too when he wants his food! :lmao:

19855481335_c74cf608c1_c.jpg

tumblr_inline_mnqau3Fvc41qz4rgp.gif

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

“I KNEW it would be that one! Do NOT put that in your trip report!”

And of course like the caring, kind girlfriend you are you totally didn't put it in your trip repor---oh wait, nevermind! :lmao:

TheBeautyOfTheInternet.gif

:lmao: Who hasn't done that?

First we went into the Christmas store!

19860590241_c83acce6a2_b.jpg

THE BEST SHOP EVER! ::yes::

really wanted to buy something, but I don’t think the decorations would travel back to the UK very well.

They actually wrap them really well, I have bought several before and I just told them that I was taking them back to England and they just added some extra wrap and they were fine :thumbsup2

Look at this beautiful castle!

Wow.

19848204822_34626c45a6_c.jpg

That is beautiful, but I think I would go for this:

I mean its only $37,500! Hey, I might buy two! :rotfl:

I quickly went into Once Upon a Toy to look for a Princess and the Frog plush – still nothing!!!
On the way out of the Marketplace, the speakers were playing When We’re Human… From the Princess and the Frog!
I started to feel like they were tormenting me by withholding my plush, and bombarding me with the soundtrack!

:sad2: Why doesn't Disney have more merc for the rest of its movies?? :confused3

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

0137f780-f7fe-0132-f414-0e18518aac2f.gif

19860549891_907b859318_b.jpg

tumblr_mz91mi3Jqp1sq39xco3_250.gif

nfortunately the picture came out a little blurry, but you get the idea :goodvibes

19667591468_41d79a6791_b.jpg

So pretty! :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter