Oh It's A Jolly Holiday With Katie! - Beach Club / Grand Floridian

Hi Katie! I'm a little late to the party, and only through half of day 2 so far but I just wanted to say hello and that you and Jamie are SO FRICKIN CUTE. I'm really enjoying your writing and look forward to catching up! I'm with you on the love for Gaston, he is by far my favorite character interaction at WDW. Tiana is also one of my favorite Disney princesses and is far too underrated IMO. My husband and I have the same type of touring style as you guys do. If I try to push him for too long in the Florida heat he gets grumpy so I try to take afternoon breaks as well.

AAAAAAND, I just realized that we were there at the same time too! My husband and I visited 9/9 - 9/16/14!

Hellooo and :welcome: !! Aw yay, I'm really glad you're enjoying it!! That's so cool that you were there at the same time as us! Keep an eye out for yourselves in the background of my photos!

Both Gaston and Tiana are so great, they both have so much character, and they always have so much to talk about :goodvibes And I think our touring style is the best :thumbsup2 I have no idea how people go all day and all night, every day :confused3 I don't know about you, but I found it a really good technique for September because every time we were leaving the park / on the bus / just getting back to the hotel, it started raining - so it all worked out great! :goodvibes

Ugh that view of the Wedding Pavilion! I could cry!!!

Your pics of the scenery at Universal are so good, they look professional!!

So Jurassic Park is one of my favorite movies and I'm very excited for Jurassic World...but I'm actually too scared of that ride at Universal and Dinosaur because of how close the dinos get to you. I'm such a weenie!

Ughhh I know - that Wedding Pavilion :love::love::love: I've totally priced up my fantasy wedding there :rotfl:

Did you see Jurassic World yet..? I loved it so much I saw it twice!! We first saw it in IMAX and 3D, it was soooo good :hyper: Aww don't worry, I find the Jurassic Park ride terrifying!!! You really do get way too close to that dino at the end :eek: Dinosaur I can handle, as long as I remember the exact time the Carnotaurus (?!) jumps out so that I can brace myself..!!

I hope you're having a wonderful time on the college program!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

Thanks so much Katie! You're the best! I know what I'm doing with my Friday night ;) haha.

No problem!! :goodvibes hope you found everything you were looking for :goodvibes now you can get extra pumped for your trip in a couple of months (assuming from your ticker) :goodvibes

OHMYGOSH! Why didn't you ride the Hogwarts Express over? It's SO AMAZING, and different both ways! We ended up getting stuck with a slightly stinky family once, though, and that was...less than desirable. :crazy2::guilty: I am also obsessed with the Wizarding World so even that couldn't totally ruin the experience. :teeth: I have about a million pics from when we were there in February, and about four times a day I want to eat butterbeer ice cream. :love:

HEY FRIEND :goodvibes

That's actually a very good question, I have no idea why we didn't get the Hogwarts Express over.. But we did it the week before so it's fine!! Oh no, a stinky family, in those tiny little train compartments?! That sounds awful! When we rode it I was sat in between the wall/window and a man who was SPREADING his legs SO wide his sweaty, hairy leg was legit pressed up against mine :crazy2: and yes, we were both wearing shorts :crazy2: come on dude, we're cramped into a tiny compartment on the Hogwarts Express, where's your social awareness?!?!! Still thoroughly enjoyed the attraction though :thumbsup2 Are you going back to Universal in November?? I would like to make a request for a TR please :laughing::thumbsup2

Ahhh I know the feeling! Halfway through my semester my professor just up and disappeared so it's been really chaotic. It's almost over but I only have about 10 days from the end until my next semester starts :sad2:

That's a great tip! I was thinking about doing something like that for this trip. Maybe cliff bars or something.

That's great to hear you had a better experience this time! I guess it all depends on how many people they're picking up and what parks everyone's going to?

:wave:

:wave:

Huge Marvel fan over here! I was never interested until Disney bought Marvel but everything they do is awesome! It's so much fun. Ricky is not a fan though :(

Halloween Horror Nights always sounds awesome but that stuff scares me so bad. I wish you could just walk through during the day even though that completely makes it lose it's purpose :rolleyes2

Gr8 update :thumbsup2

Hey Becky! I hope everything has turned out alright, with your professor disappearing and everything?! Sometimes I think about the amount of money we spend on tuition and what we actually get out of it, and it makes me want to bang my head against a wall..!!!

I love taking cereal to WDW! Jamie always acts like I'm crazy, but always eats more than half of it!! We don't rent a car (a little terrified to drive on the opposite side of the road!) so we can't really get to the supermarket. So I think if I didn't take cereal with us, we would end up eating cakes and pastries for breakfast every day - which may be dangerous!

Did you see Jurassic World yet?! Holy moly!!!! We saw it in IMAX and 3D and loved it so much we saw it again a few days later :laughing:

I really like Marvel too, and Jamie is a total Marvel fanboy! I loved the first Avengers movie, but I haven't really found anything that I've loved as much as that. What's your favourite?!

I completely agree about Halloween Horror Nights!! I've got a few updates to post and I've mentioned HHN. I'd love to be able to walk through in the day time, without anyone jumping out or chasing me. It looks way too terrifying for me!

I totally do this too! DF always looks at me like I am a lunatic but he is always the one he polishes them off the second we get somewhere! :rolleyes2

OMG me too!!! Jamie always tells me I'm crazy for packing cereal, but he ALWAYS ends up eating MORE THAN HALF of it?! Boys, hush your mush, Katie and Lu know best!

Urg! I hated having a bag at Universal! Those lockers are awful! After we got off the Mummy ride we went to get our bags out and the stupid thing wouldn't open! We had to wait forty minutes to get someone to open it! :sad2:

OMG that sounds so annoying. :sad2: Are you going to Universal during your epic-trip next year?! (I'm sorry I don't remember if you mentioned it or not!)

I have to admit that they did good with this....not that I actually have any idea what it should look like!
I don't really understand the whole Harry Potter thing....please don't hurt me! :duck:
But it does all look really cool! And your photos are awesome!

No no, no hurting from me!! I do really like Harry Potter, but I'm not one of these super-duper-fans :rotfl: Even with no HP knowledge, I bet you can still really appreciate the area :goodvibes

:wave::wave:*puts both arms in the air*:yay:

tumblr_inline_nl4w7hZBVs1rrrkde.gif

Lu I have to admit... Put Tom Hiddleston and Chris Pratt in front of me, and I think my mind would implode. Have you been to see Jurassic World yet? Seriously, I would throw myself into a raptor pen just so that Chris Pratt would come and rescue me... :rotfl::thumbsup2

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:
*Raises own arms and everyone else* *Jumps up and down until its on Netflix*
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello Uncle Jesse...

tumblr_m7fh5idqRi1r78f57o1_250.gif

YOU, my friend, are so good at gif-ing. For my birthday in October, can you send me an over abundance of gifs of all these perfect men..??! :rotfl:

I feel your pain. Also this happens one someone offers me a biscuit in America....and they give me something akin to a scone. When I was expecting a chocolate digestive! Not the same thing!

WHAT is that about?! A biscuit is a biscuit. We should print this out and carry it around Disney..

brvsam.jpg

(apart from corn / maize..? WHAT is maize? Do you use that word?!)

OMG did you see that crash on The Smiler?!?! How freaking scary is that?!:scared:

Omg, TERRIBLE! Actually, the second girl from the front row just had her leg amputated today :sad2: SO sad. Can you even imagine, going for a nice day of fun at Alton Towers and leaving with those awful injuries :sad2: The Smiler has only been open 2 years, and apparently it won't be re-opening (and rightfully so) ! So crazy.

Hahhahaha THE RED BUTTON. I remember riding that ride with my parents and sister in 2002 and I was the only one who heard the red button dialogue. They were all so shocked that my score was so high. The red button is legit.

Yesss high-five for pushing the red button!! Jamie just got so involved in the game that the dialogue went in one ear and out the other, it's hilarious that he was trying SO hard to win, and with the push of a red button, I massively overtook his score :rotfl::thumbsup2

Yep I've got a couple of toddlers myself :teeth:

Haha I hear you friend! I try so hard not to 'mother' Jamie, but sometimes (/ a lot of the time) he just needs to be mothered :laughing:

Oh my gosh, I would have FREAKED! Thank goodness no one cared that you needed to run back to get them!

Omg, can you imagine if I hadn't realised I'd forgotten the tickets until we got to Universal? We'd have to buy another set of tickets (since it would be $80 to get a taxi to the hotel and back!) ughh it makes me anxious just thinking about it..!!

This would be really, really hard for me honestly. These are my necessities: Phone (already has a camera in it that is suitable enough), chapstick/lip gloss, gum, water bottle, credit card, ID, hand sanitizer and sunglass case o_O All this fits in a small purse but definitely not my pockets. OH and DH always gives me his wallet to hold.

Ahh yeah, and it would be particularly difficult / pretty impossible to go bag-less when you have a little one, right?! I usually carry around the exact same things (minus the sunglasses case) - but for Universal I can manage with just my phone, chapstick and money - and my camera permanently in my hand :thumbsup2 - oh and tickets.. (legit almost forgot them again.. :laughing:)

:wave: I'm sooooo excited for it!

Yay did you see it yet?! I loooove it!!

:wave: I feel that me, you and @BibbitybobityLu could form a Fuller House Club with how excited we all are:laughing:

Michelle-Tanner-You-Got-it-Dude-Full-House.gif

This is official!! Let's drink around World Showcase, then have a Full House marathon at the hotel @BibbitybobityLu :thumbsup2

Oh my gosh that's massive. Do you still have it?? I feel if/when you guys get married one day, your house will be filled with large stuffed plushes and neither of you will seem to mind! :rotfl:

YES we still have it!!! He sits in the corner right next to the TV - he's a great conversation starter.. usually starting with guests going "WHY on earth do you have that..?!?!" Hahaha yes, yes we will, and it won't be a problem :thumbsup2:goodvibes

No bags at Universal is definitely the way to go. :thumbsup2

The water rides at Universal are DEFINATELY no joke. Splash Mountain is a light sprinkle compared to the US water rides! :laughing:

Your sandwiches from Blondie's look really good! If that potato salad is anything like the potato salad at the Boulangerie at US, I will agree that it is VERY good.

Oh, that Iron Man shirt... :sad2: FAIL, Universal, EPIC FAIL.

Hooray for pushing the red button!!! :D Whomever pushes it always seems to win!

Hey friend! Before I forget, let me know when you start your TR! I'd hate to miss it :goodvibes

OMG I know. I can deal with getting wet on Jurassic Park because I generally love it, but those other two.. UGH! I seem to remember Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls being particularly horrific..!!!! I got absolutely SOAKED to the point where it wasn't even funny!

Haha RIGHT?! That shirt seemed like such an epic fail, we stood there for a few minutes wondering if we were missing something ?! Like, did Iron Man have a brother...with a matching outfit... but made of steel... called Steel Man?! No? Oh ok, I guess it's just a dumb shirt :laughing:

I hope you pushed the red button last month !!!!

I can't believe I read the whole thing...

Holy Crap! Insane amount of detail, kudos. Really enjoyed reading it, how do you get time/money to do these extended stays and not at any rinky-dink hotels either!?

Hey, thanks for reading! I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far :goodvibes well in terms of time, it's actually very normal for us Brits to go to Florida for 2 weeks! I don't know why, it's just kind of a 'thing' here, to spend 10+ days at WDW. Actually, the smallest ticket we can buy from the UK website is a 2 week ticket!!! Also, I think as a general rule of thumb, we get more annual paid leave than you guys across the pond (25 days here) - so this probably plays a part in why/how us Brits can visit for 2 weeks at a time. As for hotels, we get some really sweet deals on hotels (40% off) which is difficult to say no to! And just as a disclaimer, Jamie does make more money than me, but we do split the cost proportionately - relevant to what we each earn :goodvibes

Love the update! And thanks for the pro tip. :)

Thank you! And no problem! :thumbsup2:goodvibes

I'm a little behind on commenting but I'm here and can't wait to finish reading about your trip

Yay I'm glad you're here :goodvibes don't worry I'm very behind on posting :laughing: I've got some more to post soon though!

Hi sister! :hug: I think we have both been neglecting our time on the DIS :rotfl:
I'm late to reply too! But loved the last update! I OFFICIALLY HAVE MY NEXT TRIP PLANNED!!!:dancer: Which I am pretty sure you saw on FB already but it gave me an excuse to type in all caps and use that awesome dancing smiley emoji guy ;) I am trying to decide if I want to do a day at Universal/IOA - I really want to see the new Diagon Alley and all that and I think Jacob would love the Seuss land and Despicable Me and Spongebob stuff BUT, I am only going for 7 days and I don't really know if I want to leave the Disney bubble. Decisions decisions! Your pics aren't helping, because the HP stuff looks so amazing! :rotfl:But look at my ticker - obviously I don't have enough time to decide LOL

Wouldn't it be BRILLIANT (oh there I go with my British slang again) if you were there in Dec 2016? And we just so happened to meet up?:rolleyes1 I know you're already going in Sept so that's most likely not a possibility but I just thought I'd throw that out there :cool:

Looking forward to the next installment and seeing more Disney stuff! Oh and more Grand Floridian! Because I can never get enough of that gorgeous place :lovestruc I don't get to stay there but my wonderful parents are loaning me some DVC points for my trip and Jacob and I will be staying in a studio at Bay Lake Towers - I am excited about that because I am in love with the location and the look of the rooms. Should be great!

Can't wait to read more!

Hello my sister from another mister! :laughing:

I KNOWWWW!!!!!! party:party:I saw your post on Facebook!! SO exciting!! And December too, it'll be so pretty for christmas :goodvibes

Ahh yeah, that's a tough one. I love Universal, but there's plenty to do at WDW for 7 days?! Haha, well at least you have plenty of time to decide!!!

Omg yes, that WOULD be brilliant!!!! Well we're going in Sept 2015, so December 2016 would be a whole 15 months since we'd been.... :thumbsup2 Do you know your actual dates yet? Spending christmas day / NYE at Disney would be soooo good, but I bet it gets really busy!

Wow, Bay Lake Tower!!! That will be amazing :goodvibes:goodvibes I haven't sat down and read about DVC.. I really have no idea how it works. But it sounds like a very good thing?! :laughing: #clueless

I actually have 4 updates to post, I think I'll post them now :goodvibes FINALLY :thumbsup2

Day 9
(September 10th 2014)

Magic is everywhere, if you know where to look.
Part 3 – In dreams, we enter a world that’s entirely our own.

Jamie quickly cheered up after his epic defeat on Men in Black, because we were walking right down the middle of Diagon Alley LDN. :rolleyes1

The photo that ended the last chapter was time stamped at 3:19pm, and the following two photos were literally at 3:20pm.

So this was the welcoming greeting that we received..!!

22830041351_fa461e399f_b.jpg

22400487397_3bd898691b_b.jpg

We had already explored Diagon Alley last week, so we just wanted to do a little loop of the area and have a look in all of the shop windows.

It’s all so precious!

22400503068_a1c8759736_b.jpg

Notice the little bunny on this guys head?!

Now you see it..

22630864480_79de3fa5df_b.jpg

Now you don’t!

22829992001_ce5162e9c2_b.jpg

We grabbed some of my beloved PUMPKIN JUICE from a little drinks cart, then we went into Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes to buy a chocolate frog.

22630821300_6cef73ec8a_b.jpg

Diagon Alley was busy as usual, so we took our treats out to the London waterfront area to sit by the fountain.

22426633379_343f9bd931_b.jpg

I was so excited to drink my Pumpkin Juice!!!

22400451338_b125c16c0c_c.jpg

UGH the bottle is just as good as the juice. So cute!

The juice is practically liquidised sugar, but you cannot beat that pumpkin flavour!!!

We were amused that, obviously, they don’t display the % daily value of sugars on the label…

(And notice that that's the amount per serving... and there are TWO servings in a bottle!)

22792785916_6a499cb94e_c.jpg

Sneaky!!!

I didn’t dare add up the amount of sugar that was in my Pumpkin Juice AND the chocolate frog..!

But I was sharing the frog with Jamie so IT’S FINE.

22818793055_e710dde987_o.gif

22196052534_0d591146b6_o.gif

(You can't argue with that logic.)

22197653933_58bb6d3bbd_b.jpg

I was excited to see which Wizard card we got...

22400438198_6ac1690078_b.jpg

FOR GOODNESS SAKE HELGA

I got her last time!!!!

(I think this is a sign that I would be in Hufflepuff.
What are Hufflepuffs good at?
Oh that's right.
NOTHING.)

(Whilst writing this update, Jamie and I took a sorting hat quiz, and this legitimately happened...)

22829976951_666294916d.jpg

(LOL. But what's even worse news for me, is that Jamie got SLYTHERIN!!)

ALSO, my friend Maddie bought a chocolate frog from the Harry Potter studio tour in London, and she got Helga too!!!

I explained this to Jamie, and without even realising his reference, he asked,

“How many are there?”

Can any Harry Potter fans guess what my reply was…?!

Of course, I replied:

“36, counted them myself.”

And with that, we recited this entire exchange:

(Yes, he half-shouted his lines. Of course.)

We seriously caught the giggles with this, we must’ve looked ridiculous :rotfl:

Here’s our chocolate frog! This guy is solid chocolate all the way through and he was very tasty. Thankfully he didn’t hop away.

22829974471_60d2f58a1a_b.jpg

Once we finished our treats we checked out the Knight Bus, which was really cool!

22197708163_f0b6559593_b.jpg

22630859510_9d131853be_b.jpg

The driver was out talking to some people, and we noticed the shrunken head was also in the doorway interacting with the guests and the driver in real-time! SUPER COOL! I’m definitely going to try to meet him this year!

By this time it was around 3:45pm, so we decided to go and ride the Mummy, which is one of my favourites. :hyper:

But as we were walking down the street, BOOM!

DOWNPOUR!!!!!!

22400492388_f8d6fa079f_b.jpg

22792838716_cafe52aff5_b.jpg

It came on so fast, these Florida storms are no joke!!

The weather lords don’t even warn you with a light drizzle so that you can take cover or get your poncho out.

No sir.

This came on in the blink of an eye.

Thankfully we took cover under this canopy, but I sure felt sorry for the guys eating across the street…!!!

22830016031_4982303b62_b.jpg

:rotfl:

It’s fine though.

That first storm photo was time-stamped at 3:50pm, and the next one (where we had already set off walking) was at 3:57pm, so it had cleared up pretty fast.

This weather is madness!

I found this Halloween Horror Nights theming super cool.

22426658209_af394ede7c_b.jpg

The thought of Halloween Horror Nights fills me with pure terror…
I don’t think I’ll ever do it!!!

Fun fact about me,
I have zero “fight or flight” response.

Jamie and I are currently watching American Horror Story and instead of covering my eyes when I’m scared, I become completely paralyzed and literally just stare at the TV screen in horror, like a dear in the headlights.

I probably wouldn’t do well at Halloween Horror Nights where they chase you, and you have to actually, you know, RUN.

...The Mummy! YAY!

22630839890_e873029880_b.jpg

As we walked through the dark (empty) line, I got the fright of my life when an Aztec guy JUMPED OUT at me from the shadows as I walked past!!

I legit screamed!!!

And in my state of shock I gasped,

“WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?!”

This guy was perfect though, he was so stone faced, and he didn’t say a word to me.
I kept glancing back at him as we walked away, and he was leaning out of his shadowy corner staring at us!!!

SO CREEPY!!!

We ended up riding The Mummy twice, and it was amazing.

I think I said this in the updates for last week’s Universal trip, but in my mind, nothing beats an actual rollercoaster on a track!

A lot of Universal’s popular attractions are 3D / motion simulators (Harry Potter, The Simpsons, Despicable Me, Transformers, Spider-Man, Shrek 4-D)

I love these attractions too, but I love the traditional rollercoaster thrill so much more!

We left The Mummy at 4:30pm and decided to have a shop around.

22400472018_a85be33fdb_b.jpg

Jamie bought this Avengers t-shirt!

22792820526_7d3d56542b_c.jpg

We browsed a few more stores and I picked up some treats for my family.

It got to around 5:15pm and we were excited to spend an evening at the Magic Kingdom, so we took a stroll through City Walk and headed out.

I practically had to be dragged past this place!!!!

22805308492_28e8eace33_b.jpg

Cinnabon, stop tormenting me with your sugary goodness.

And I couldn’t leave Universal without getting a photo of this top-hat-wearing happy chappy.

22400462778_0d1ba1e7e1_b.jpg

He’s so precious!

Goodbye for now, Universal! :wave:

It’s been a pleasure :goodvibes

Click for Day 9, Part 4!

Last edited:
Day 9
(September 10th 2014)

Part 4 – An over-abundance of Main Street USA photos!

After another great day at Universal, we waited at the stop for our bus.

I took a photo of the taffy I bought for my family.

22197766413_f9e2b93009_c.jpg

Our bus pulled up pretty quickly.
The doors opened, and the driver shimmied off the bus.

Yes, SHIMMIED.

His name was Leverenzel Booth and he was the funniest bus driver ever.
He had everyone laughing for the whole ride home.

We stopped at Discovery Cove to pick some more people up, but we ended up getting stuck there for quite a long time.

But at least the view was pretty!

22197762333_f78d838160_b.jpg

22792899816_a7850edaec_b.jpg

Since this is a fairly uneventful update, here's a late flashback Friday to our day at Discovery Cove in 2012:

22400556798_4d1371df17_b.jpg

22196163644_115b9cb311_b.jpg

(Jamie hates this picture of himself, so shhh :laughing:)

In 2012 I booked Discovery Cove as a surprise, and I didn't tell Jamie about it until we were already in Florida! It was so great, he loves dolphins and he was so excited to swim with them!

I love this place, especially the fact that they restrict attendance to 1,300 people per day! So it feels nice and peaceful.
Plus it’s obvious that the guest experience is their number one priority. I like the fact that they aren’t squeezing as many people into the park as possible.

We had a really great day and I highly recommend it!

ANYWAY! :offtopic:

Our bus stopped at Riverside, then the Wilderness Lodge, then we departed at the Grand Floridian.

And we quickly realised that Jamie had lost his red Avengers t-shirt…!!!

You know, the one that he JUST bought.

MAJOR FACEPALM.

He would seriously lose his head if it wasn’t screwed on.

And it was funny because Leverenzel made a bunch of jokes about people who leave things on his bus, and we were laughing along like “haha people are so stoopid..”

….!!

However, Jamie doesn’t think he left it on the bus. And I was in the window seat, and I definitely didn’t step over anything as I climbed out.

So we thought he had maybe left it at the bus stop. Or it had slid under the seat on the bus.

WE WILL NEVER KNOW.

We got back to our room, and we found Eeyore having some much-needed TV time, after many busy days in the parks! :rotfl:

22196646614_b36b9f1857_b.jpg

Mousekeeping are such a hoot!

22805882682_45beefc01b_c.jpg

But there wasn’t much time for us to relax!
We have fastpasses booked people!!!!

It was around 6:45pm and our first fastpass of the day was Big Thunder Mountain at 6:30 – 7:30pm.

We quickly changed and freshened up.

22805863382_4f4520490e_c.jpg

OK, I quickly changed and freshened up.
Jamie decided to take a “quick” shower.
So of course, I took some more balcony pictures.

22196620284_df58490266_b.jpg

Hey Mister Monorail.

22196618694_5e6d48d4cd_b.jpg

22830533001_e0baee6236_b.jpg

We left the room at 7:15pm so we decided to just skip our first fastpass and take an easy stroll to the monorail.

22427180049_663c26713c_b.jpg

I’m such a fan of the monorail. It is so quick and easy!

Before we knew it…

22819341815_eb87dac274_b.jpg

It was a peaceful evening at the Magic Kingdom.
I love getting photos with nobody else in the frame, so I took advantage of the quietness.

22401005238_903c9ecc67_b.jpg

22819353085_10a9944e0b_b.jpg

22198234523_02e9ab1224_c.jpg

As soon as we entered the park we realised we were hungry, so Broccoliville (aka. Columbia Harbour House) was first on our agenda!

22196641044_b7e86db780_b.jpg

22805878512_21a4675d13_b.jpg

22793382706_99b40783b1_b.jpg

22819375895_1e2414613f_b.jpg

22830561141_a70b1e81da_b.jpg

I got a little carried away taking photos on Main Street!

It was such a lovely night, the crane was down, and there were none of those awful box-like construction covers over any stores (there weren’t any for the whole trip – and touch wood for September 2015!)

The sky was so pretty, so we (I) had to have some photopass pictures taken too.

22819402325_f9a0f9c12a_c.jpg

22427242379_9646bb4811_c.jpg

I MUST TAKE MORE.

22198274263_f1dfa07aae_b.jpg

FROM EVERY ANGLE.

22198271983_1ace2c8a1c_c.jpg

OK, by this point Jamie’s stomach was eating itself, so I turned off my camera and we went in search of Broccoliville.

Click for Day 9, Part 5!

Last edited:
Day 9
(September 10th 2014)

Part 5 – Galactic Hero VIPs.

Columbia Harbour House is our favourite non-reservation/quick service restaurant in the parks.

We were reeeeal happy to be back.

22805978582_b3e41700a2_b.jpg

22830662231_38c57278bd_b.jpg

I got the chicken pot pie, and Jamie got the chicken nuggets and fish.

22793474566_d0808081e9_b.jpg

This chicken pot pie is SO good!

And, like I've said before, you can’t beat a big portion of broccoli after an over-abundance of theme park food.

We finished eating at around 8:20pm and realised our Splash Mountain fastpass window ended at 8:30pm.

I checked the wait time on the My Disney Experience app, and everything was super quiet, so we just skipped that fastpass too, and decided to go back later.

I asked Jamie if there was anything he wanted to do, and of course, he wanted to get another Galactic Hero button at Buzz’s Space Ranger Spin!

So that’s where we went.

It had gotten really dark while we were eating, and everything looked so pretty.

22819465475_09caf68de4_b.jpg

22401113808_e191fa3e37_b.jpg

22401109858_9dbf853df1_b.jpg

When we got our Galactic Hero buttons the day before, we kinda inadvertently cheated, since the ride stopped midway through, and gave us a few extra seconds with a great vantage point.

So this time we were determined to get it WITHOUT the ride stopping!

We ended up riding 6 times!

Jamie maxxed out on ride number 4.

22830645301_a7d84080a7_b.jpg

… Which only one of us was happy about.

22427296649_7d029461f8_b.jpg

22793490606_24ed0fa9c7_c.jpg

I got pretty close on ride number 5…

22198359153_5d3d03ccc1_b.jpg

And finally, on ride number 6, I completed my mission!

22198355653_3f00ea5e61_b.jpg

HURRAY

22805997182_7fa73bc176_b.jpg

We left Buzz Lightyear, and went to check out the Incredibles Dance Party!

22427344079_bf8e60a0ed_b.jpg

It was cute! Especially because it wasn’t very busy, so all the kids got plenty of attention from all of the characters :goodvibes

It was around 9:20pm, and our final fastpass was for Space Mountain from 8:55 – 9:55pm!

Yaaay.

On the way over I snapped a picture of the beautiful Tomorrowland foliage.

22401156518_8a30699419_c.jpg

We arrived at Space Mountain and it was super quiet.

During our short wait, I asked Jamie to get a picture of me with my Galactic Hero pin, and this was the best he got…

22632056080_abb72fc325_b.jpg

We didn’t even have time to turn the flash on, as we were quickly ushered into our own private VIP space ship.

22401679227_975c253f1d_b.jpg

I LOVE THE FRONT SEAT.

I think I’ve mentioned before that on fast rides I sometimes forget to breathe properly and this time was no exception.

Scream, laugh, scream, laugh, scream, choke, laugh, choke, scream, choke etc.

ANYWAY.

Next up, we wandered over to the TTA, and boarded our own private VIP people mover!!

We were feeling pretty goofy, and since no one was around, we decided to take some flash photographs.

This became particularly funny when we were in the tunnels, and we couldn’t see what the other was doing until the flash went off.

22197329004_f798c04c74_b.jpg

22198929183_17a974ca30_b.jpg

22427898559_cc56c799f8_b.jpg

(This is close to Jamie’s Beaker face, only he makes his eyes really wide when he does it properly :rotfl:)

22806552962_972c661a45_b.jpg

22197310974_ac41bb0373_b.jpg

:rotfl2:

And a couple more photos of the ride’s scenery.

22645895840_206fc85284_b.jpg

I love that you go into Space Mountain and Buzz, and you can actually see the rides.

22632067180_1bfcc4ba39_b.jpg

(@pkondz – I think you’ll appreciate this poor parenting anecdote..)

We disembarked from the TTA, and got on the moving walkway, when Jamie suddenly proclaimed,

“I think their child is leaking!!!”

I looked a few feet ahead of us, and there was a child SQUATTING AND PEEING on the moving walkway…

22197319324_0fb800ef0b_o.gif

("She calls it a MAYON-EGG" - anyone who knows this reference, I love you.)

…!?!?!?!

WHAT.

ON.

EARTH.

I’m trying to put myself into the shoes of a parent.
When your kids have to go, they have to go.
Sure, I can understand that.

But mom didn’t even try to hurry off the walkway to get to a restroom.
She literally just stood there watching!
And then she just walked off without even telling a CM?

(The people who were in front of them had noticed too, and they informed a CM.)

Come on people!!!!!

How can you consciously leave pee on the ground for people to stand in?!

22427892339_56a144552a_o.gif

We decided we wanted to get as far away from the pee family as possible, so we headed over to the other side of the park.

Splash Mountain time!!

Click for Day 9, Part 6!

Last edited:
Day 9
(September 10th 2014)

Part 6 – Everything is satisfactual.

I was excited to get my Splash Mountain fix, but we hit a major hurdle on the way.

Celebrate the Magic was starting, and the hub was jam-packed!

The CMs were trying really hard to keep the walkways clear, but loads of people were completely ignoring them.

tumblr_m5qa49Phrh1rul0hko1_500.gif

I felt really bad for them, it must be such an annoying part of the job!

I couldn’t really stop for a photo of Celebrate the Magic, but I took one while I was walking.

22428142619_94a587cf77_b.jpg

You’re welcome.

We soon arrived at the briar patch, ie. my true home.

22401952248_b0b482626a_b.jpg

Once again, the ride was completely deserted, so again, we boarded our own private VIP log.

There wasn’t a single person anywhere in front or behind us, so I took some more flash photographs!

22199165233_9bdcb39495_b.jpg

22831493371_78b2b24d54_b.jpg

22401898827_a1c26fd589_b.jpg

22197519244_d5fb7db16c_b.jpg

22428092129_8f91ed7e0c_b.jpg

22199114193_f9921a8396_b.jpg

22199108293_bce374c094_b.jpg

When we reached the top of the hill before the drop, we saw that Wishes had started at the castle! :goodvibes

It was magical.

I love how happy we look in this picture!

22197507714_3fedc15f72_c.jpg

After the drop I tried to get a quick snap of the fireworks, but my camera was not co-operating.

22428133099_56203af7c7_b.jpg

Oh well. That picture is proof enough that it happened :thumbsup2

22831487211_ef33fb518b_b.jpg

22199152273_5962f8673f_b.jpg

22428115099_091e6d0423_b.jpg

After the ride, I bought THIS from the gift shop.

It’s one of my favourite souvenirs!!

22428104479_7a87367160_c.jpg

The girl at the counter asked if I wanted our ride photo printing out to put in the frame..
I told her I didn’t even realise it was a frame, I just wanted it as an attraction poster!
I think it’s really cool on it’s own. I have it on a window ledge in my room :goodvibes

We attempted to head out of the park at around 10:20pm.
It was crazy busy!!
This was obviously very poor planning on our part!

The Crystal Palace and the whole of Main Street looked pretty at night though, so that’s something!

22428111099_1a12156c49_b.jpg

22794274246_88e9e1f4b0_b.jpg

Holy crowds, Batman.

We shuffled incredibly slowly down Main Street, and we ended up diving into the Emporium to wait for the crowds to ease off a little.

I was looking for a Princess and the Frog plush but I couldn’t find one anywhere for the entire trip!

When we left the Emporium it was quieter on Main Street, but of course everyone was still waiting at the boat dock / monorail stop.

We went to join the line for the boat.
Then we saw the monorail line going down fast, so we moved over to the monorail line.

Then OF COURSE, we were stopped, a boat pulled in, and we watched everybody board and sail off into the distance without us.

22428108169_b7b8a7b0c3_o.gif

It’s fine, we found it kinda funny.

We made it back to our room at 11:15pm, we were so tired!

22632302620_a08a3e6879_c.jpg

I was so thankful for this Disney foot cream, it was glorious.

22806781082_49e03d9659_c.jpg

We got ready for bed, had some of our Mickey rice krispy treats with some milk, and watched the Office for a little bit.

And as much as I enjoy the Office, it didn’t take long for me to fall asleep.

22428127539_7770ce9f6c_o.gif

Goodnight world!

Up tomorrow: Hollywood Studios, Dinner at Ohana, and Downtown Disney!

*End of Day 9*

Click for Day 10, Part 1!

Last edited:
OMG me too!!! Jamie always tells me I'm crazy for packing cereal, but he ALWAYS ends up eating MORE THAN HALF of it?! Boys, hush your mush, Katie and Lu know best!

Boys seriously :rolleyes2

Katie and Lu really do know best! ::yes::

OMG that sounds so annoying. :sad2: Are you going to Universal during your epic-trip next year?! (I'm sorry I don't remember if you mentioned it or not!)

It was so frustrating! They even tried to charge us for the extra time!

giphy.gif

I haven't planned any Universal time...I'm not sure I can justify the cost when all I would do would be ride Rip Rocket and the Hulk all day! :rotfl:

Lu I have to admit... Put Tom Hiddleston and Chris Pratt in front of me, and I think my mind would implode. Have you been to see Jurassic World yet? Seriously, I would throw myself into a raptor pen just so that Chris Pratt would come and rescue me... :rotfl::thumbsup2

In my mind this is how it would go down between Hiddles and C-Pratt...

tumblr_npv2w4M7141u1qg0qo1_500.gif

tumblr_nf4w2oI8P31s2wio8o2_500.gif

tumblr_nq58qki7rw1tcorzvo1_500.gif

02-he-danced.gif

03-he-conquered.gif

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Sorry!

No I haven't seen it yet :sad2: Sad, sad times...:sad:

YOU, my friend, are so good at gif-ing. For my birthday in October, can you send me an over abundance of gifs of all these perfect men..??! :rotfl:

No probs! :thumbsup2 Just tell me when and give me a list of who and we can get the party started!! :rotfl:

Tina-Fey-and-Amy-Poehler-2_1.gif

WHAT is that about?! A biscuit is a biscuit. We should print this out and carry it around Disney..

brvsam.jpg

This is amazing! I can honestly say I have never used the word maize...until now...when I just used it! I thought that was American for corn? :confused3

Omg, TERRIBLE! Actually, the second girl from the front row just had her leg amputated today :sad2: SO sad. Can you even imagine, going for a nice day of fun at Alton Towers and leaving with those awful injuries :sad2: The Smiler has only been open 2 years, and apparently it won't be re-opening (and rightfully so) ! So crazy.

I heard that. Poor girl. Actually I'm slightly surprised more things like this don't happen. I remember a couple of years ago a group of us went to Lightwater Valley and there was this ride similar to Primeval Whirl (no idea what its called!) and there was a guy checking the lap bar and the other guy operating the ride just started the ride before the lap bar guy got off! :earseek:

He had to lie on the floor of the car and we all have to put our legs over him to stop him flying out! He was screaming the whole time, it was terrifying (and slightly hilarious now) and the guy operating the ride had no clue :scared:

Michelle-Tanner-You-Got-it-Dude-Full-House.gif

This is official!! Let's drink around World Showcase, then have a Full House marathon at the hotel @BibbitybobityLu :thumbsup2

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! This needs to happen!! Like, you know, right now!!

tumblr_m0uj3zqqWU1qbhzg3o1_250.gif

Jamie quickly cheered up after his epic defeat on Men in Black, because we were walking right down the middle of Diagon Alley LDN. :rolleyes1

Now I have Lily Allen LDN stuck in my head! :rotfl:

Now that's what I call a warm welcome! Or insanely hot...same thing!

But I was sharing the frog with Jamie so IT’S FINE.

I love Little Britain!

tumblr_mp1hhuZfo11ro62wzo1_400.gif

tumblr_men00bmnSe1r60h6bo4_250.gif

Can't knock that logic! :lmao:

Fun fact about me,

giphy.gif

Jamie and I are currently watching American Horror Story and instead of covering my eyes when I’m scared, I become completely paralyzed and literally just stare at the TV screen in horror, like a dear in the headlights.

I probably wouldn’t do well at Halloween Horror Nights where they chase you, and you have to actually, you know, RUN.

:rotfl2: You poor thing!

That is adorable! I want that sign!

Yes, SHIMMIED.

Hey maybe he's friends with @pkondz....

We got back to our room, and we found Eeyore having some much-needed TV time, after many busy days in the parks! :rotfl:

:rotfl: #justchilling

:cloud9: I want my wedding there! :love: Even if I just marry myself! :rotfl:

I’m such a fan of the monorail. It is so quick and easy!

The monorail was legit my favourite ride when I was a kid. I could ride that sucker ALL.DAY.LONG!

I love getting photos with nobody else in the frame, so I took advantage of the quietness.

DSC03555xxxstraight_zpsazx2sbyh.jpg

Hey I think someone got in your frame...oh wait its just you! Panic over! :rotfl:

Awww! So cute! :goodvibes

I MUST TAKE MORE.

FROM EVERY ANGLE.

:faint: I love this!

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

That is such a look of pride! :lmao:

HURRAY

Woohoo!! Go Katie! :woohoo::cheer2:

(This is close to Jamie’s Beaker face, only he makes his eyes really wide when he does it properly :rotfl:)

Back off ladies he's taken ;) :lmao:

We disembarked from the TTA, and got on the moving walkway, when Jamie suddenly proclaimed,

“I think their child is leaking!!!”

I looked a few feet ahead of us, and there was a child SQUATTING AND PEEING on the moving walkway…

What the WHAT?!?!?!?

6681370.gif

"She calls it a MAYON-EGG"

tumblr_m1h3mwk51p1qjhjoso3_250.gif

I love that show! So, so funny!

giphy.gif

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

(The people who were in front of them had noticed too, and they informed a CM.)

Come on people!!!!!

How can you consciously leave pee on the ground for people to stand in?!

:sad2:

stupid1.gif

I couldn’t really stop for a photo of Celebrate the Magic, but I took one while I was walking.

You’re welcome.

So fancy! :artist:

When we reached the top of the hill before the drop, we saw that Wishes had started at the castle! :goodvibes

It was magical.

Sounds amazing! :goodvibes

::yes::

Holy crowds, Batman.

:earseek::earseek::earseek::earseek::earseek::earseek::earseek:

Well....after all that I think I need a nap! :faint: :rotfl:

Last edited:
We have Maize Mazes?!?!?

I just repeat myself on here but OMG I'm loving your quiet park days, the fact you got a personal log on Splash and the whole train on the people mover is just amazing :)

Ohhhh my the pee family :eek:

I have 2 kids, one of which is going through the potty training phase. Accidents definitely happen, but I can't even imagine just sitting there watching my child pee in public and do nothing.

A few years ago when my daughter was 4, we had spent a few days at my aunt's house. She has a pool in the backyard and she would let the kids pee in the grass instead of going back in the house while swimming. My daughter got used to that and one day we went to a splash park. This splash park had areas with astroturf. Well of course I look over and my daughter is peeing in the astroturf. :scared1: I had to run over and scoop her up and find a bathroom. It was mortifying!

Next up, we headed over to the Maharajah Jungle Trek!

These guys were quite the exhibitionists.

DSC02589_zpsnot57oc5.jpg

I am loving your trip report! This must have taken you so much time! I can't wait until I get to the GF part because I am staying there this year! Random thought, but if you flip this picture 180 degress the bats look like they're dancing!!

What a long day you had! I love the pictures at Universal. Harry Potter looks really neat. I'd love to walk around and look in all the shops. Your pictures down Main Street are really nice. I love the photo pass pictures in front of the castle. I can't believe you were able to make it to MK after a long day. So sorry to hear about Jamie's shirt. I hope next time you come he can get a replacement.
-Lindsey:earsgirl:

Well, let's see now.
How does a Canadian... caught between the two here... fare on this chart.
I'd say the majority is USA english with these exceptions:
We'll say cab or taxi interchangeably.
We'll say curtains far more than drapes. But some might use drapes.
We'll use fall or autumn interchangeably. Might lean a bit more towards fall.
Faucet or tap depends on the situation. I'll go to the store to buy a faucet but yell at my kids for not turning off the tap.
Line and queue are equal, but we'll say "Hey! You! Get in line! or The line's over there!" But we all know what a queue is.
Movie is used more than film. "Did you see that movie?" but "I saw this film where..." Becoming more rare, though.
Pajamas, pyjamas... we "Say" pyjamas but spell it pajamas usually.
Subways are subways the world over unless you're talking about the London underground.
We'll take a vacation but ask if you've had a nice holiday.

And no english speaking person on Earth says "maize".

Rather intimidating isn't it?
How hot (hotter) does it get nearby when the dragon spouts flames?

We had already explored Diagon Alley last week, so we just wanted to do a little loop of the area and have a look in all of the shop windows.

Nice. I like that. Take a moment and just look around.

Notice the little bunny on this guys head?!

Now you see it..
Now you don’t!

Cool! And you can see straight through the hat too!

Diagon Alley was busy as usual, so we took our treats out to the London waterfront area to sit by the fountain.

Is it weird sitting in what looks like a part of London but hearing almost nothing other than American accents?

We were amused that, obviously, they don’t display the % daily value of sugars on the label…

Actually it does.
The total carbs is 24g or 8%. The different carbs in the drink are as follows: sugar 24g.
So it's 24g of sugar or 8% of your daily sugar per serving (or 16% for the entire drink).

Nope. Not on holiday you can't.

(Notice how I said on holiday and not on vacation? But I might have made a conscious effort to say "vacation" for an American.)

FOR GOODNESS SAKE HELGA

I got her last time!!!!

:laughing: She obviously is quite smitten with you!

What are Hufflepuffs good at?
Oh that's right.
NOTHING.)

:lmao: Poor Katie! You're good for nothing!

(Whilst writing this update, Jamie and I took a sorting hat quiz, and this legitimately happened...)

O4I1Iqk.png

:rotfl: You're killing me! That's too funny!!

(LOL. But what's even worse news for me, is that Jamie got SLYTHERIN!!)

:eek: Oh, no! Run, Katie! Run away!!! Runnnnnn!!!!!!

Of course, I replied:

“36, counted them myself.”

And with that, we recited this entire exchange:

:laughing:

(Yes, he half-shouted his lines. Of course.)

Well, I would hope so!
Mind you he is Slytherin, so... he still can't be trusted.

Here’s our chocolate frog! This guy is solid chocolate all the way through and he was very tasty. Thankfully he didn’t hop away.

It's solid... all the way through????

:faint:

we noticed the shrunken head was also in the doorway interacting with the guests and the driver in real-time! SUPER COOL! I’m definitely going to try to meet him this year!

No way!! That's so cool!!
I had no idea that was the case!

The weather lords don’t even warn you with a light drizzle so that you can take cover or get your poncho out.

No sir.

This came on in the blink of an eye.

Yup. "Oh, look! It's a beautiful, warm summer day in Floriday (or insert any weather condition or season). Not a cloud in the sky. Better pack an ark."

Thankfully we took cover under this canopy, but I sure felt sorry for the guys eating across the street…!!!

"Pass the soggy hamburger dear."
"Sure! How about some of these sopping fries? Give 'em a squeeze and they're delish!"

That first storm photo was time-stamped at 3:50pm, and the next one (where we had already set off walking) was at 3:57pm, so it had cleared up pretty fast.

seven minutes.... :sad2: Insane.

Then again, I'd much rather have seven minutes of rain in a day than seven days of rain!

You'd be a good person to have along on a nature hike if you happened to come across a bear, or lion, or aardvark.

when I’m scared, I become completely paralyzed and literally just stare at the TV screen in horror, like a dear in the headlights.

You realize that from now on you can never have a DISmeet?
Whoever you might meet would insist on trying to scare you all the time, just to see your reaction.

As we walked through the dark (empty) line, I got the fright of my life when an Aztec guy JUMPED OUT at me from the shadows as I walked past!!

I legit screamed!!!

And in my state of shock I gasped,

“WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?!”

:lmao: :rotfl: OMG! That's hysterical! I can just see you doing it too!

:lmao:

I kept glancing back at him as we walked away, and he was leaning out of his shadowy corner staring at us!!!

SO CREEPY!!!

I love these attractions too, but I love the traditional rollercoaster thrill so much more!

::yes:: Nothing beats a good coaster.

Well. Maybe chocolate.
But other than that!

And ice cream.

Chocolate and ice cream.
But that's it.

Jamie bought this Avengers t-shirt!

I would say he less "bought it" and more "rented it" based on subsequent info.

I practically had to be dragged past this place!!!!

Got a major crush on Billabong apparel do you?

And I couldn’t leave Universal without getting a photo of this top-hat-wearing happy chappy.

He’s so precious!

Ever eaten at one?
I did not long ago (well, last year.)
The waiter asked if I wanted to play a Forrest Gump based trivia game.
He asked me about a dozen questions... And I shocked myself by getting them all right!
eg. "How many bottles of Dr Pepper did Forrest drink?" 15. No idea how I remembered that.

Yes, SHIMMIED.

Whoa. Shimmying is much better than sashaying.
I know.

Since this is a fairly uneventful update, here's a late flashback Friday to our day at Discovery Cove in 2012:

I've seen this picture before and didn't comment since it was on Lu's TR.
But... you two both look pretty darned cute with those dolphins! :)

(Jamie hates this picture of himself, so shhh :laughing:)

Why? It's not a bad picture of him. Nice pic of the both of you, actually.

In 2012 I booked Discovery Cove as a surprise, and I didn't tell Jamie about it until we were already in Florida! It was so great, he loves dolphins and he was so excited to swim with them!

Nice surprise!

He would seriously lose his head if it wasn’t screwed on.

Have you checked the fittings recently?
You can't be too careful, you know.

And it was funny because Leverenzel made a bunch of jokes about people who leave things on his bus, and we were laughing along like “haha people are so stoopid..”

So we thought he had maybe left it at the bus stop. Or it had slid under the seat on the bus.

WE WILL NEVER KNOW.

But now Leverenzel makes fun of people like you!
So you're sorta famous now.

:laughing: Love it when mousekeeping does that!
They did a bunch when we stayed at POR with the DDs stuffies.

We quickly changed and freshened up.

Nice dress, Katie.

Know what caught my eye?
The guy sitting in the chair with his arms behind his head.
That dude is in full vacation mode.

Relax on, dude. Relax on.

Broccoliville (aka. Columbia Harbour House) was first on our agenda!

:laughing: Never heard it called that before, but I can see why you do!

Nice! :thumbsup2

I got a little carried away taking photos on Main Street!

Good! Take more!

OK, by this point Jamie’s stomach was eating itself,

Hurry! Get him some food before he's all gone!

I got the chicken pot pie, and Jamie got the chicken nuggets and fish.

Not a fan of chicken pot pie. (Too many bad experiences)
But Jamie's meal looks yummy.

And, like I've said before, you can’t beat a big portion of broccoli after an over-abundance of theme park food.

While I may or may not agree with you.... thousands of children vehemently disagree!

I asked Jamie if there was anything he wanted to do, and of course, he wanted to get another Galactic Hero button at Buzz’s Space Ranger Spin!

:sad2: Of course!

It had gotten really dark while we were eating, and everything looked so pretty.

::yes:: Nothing like a park after dark.

We ended up riding 6 times!

:laughing: Why am I not surprised!

Jamie maxxed out on ride number 4.

Good for him!

:lmao: You do seem a little put out.

Atta girl!

During our short wait, I asked Jamie to get a picture of me with my Galactic Hero pin, and this was the best he got…

Probably jealous that he had to share the glory.

I think I’ve mentioned before that on fast rides I sometimes forget to breathe properly and this time was no exception.

Scream, laugh, scream, laugh, scream, choke, laugh, choke, scream, choke etc.

:rotfl: I'd love to see that... you might not.

Next up, we wondered over to the TTA,

I assume that's a typo... but it's so descriptive and accurate for what happens at Disney!

This became particularly funny when we were in the tunnels, and we couldn’t see what the other was doing until the flash went off.

I'm sorry.... there was a what... doing WHAT?????

("She calls it a MAYON-EGG" - anyone who knows this reference, I love you.)

I didn't. Having never seen Arrested Development. But I know now!
Can I get some love too?

No?

Darn.

No. I can't.
When your kid has to go... you take them to a freaking bathroom!!!!!
I never... EVER... had one of mine pee in public.
Maybe if you were in the middle of a jungle or dessert or something.
But it's freaking Disney World!!! There's a bathroom every twelve feet!!!

Ma'am? Here's your sign.

Lemme know if you don't get the reference.

We decided we wanted to get as far away from the pee family as possible, so we headed over to the other side of the park.

Other side of the planet would be too close.
Blech.

You’re welcome.

OMG! That Christmas tree is on fire!!!! Help! Help! Someone put it out!!!

We soon arrived at the briar patch, ie. my true home.

::yes::

There wasn’t a single person anywhere in front or behind us, so I took some more flash photographs!

You're such a rebel, Katie.

First time DW rode it with myself and the DDs... and she saw those and first was "awwww...." and then burst out laughing.
She kept telling me for the rest of the trip "I love those guys!"

::yes:: Nice shot.

Oh well. That picture is proof enough that it happened :thumbsup2

Or that a UFO landed.
One or the other.

After the ride, I bought THIS from the gift shop.

It’s one of my favourite souvenirs!!

Of course you did! You'd be crazy not to!

The girl at the counter asked if I wanted our ride photo printing out to put in the frame..
I told her I didn’t even realise it was a frame, I just wanted it as an attraction poster!
I think it’s really cool on it’s own. I have it on a window ledge in my room :goodvibes

:laughing: I knew it! I looked at it, went "Oh, it's a picture frame."
Then immediately thought "There's no way she's taking that picture out though."

Then OF COURSE, we were stopped, a boat pulled in, and we watched everybody board and sail off into the distance without us.

:sad2: Naturally.
And if you'd waited for the boat, it would've broken down and never arrived.

It's a rule.

I was so thankful for this Disney foot cream, it was glorious.

This marks the first time I've ever heard anyone refer to foot cream as "glorious"

But... okay.

And I picture you falling asleep exactly like that.

Hello my sister from another mister! :laughing:

I KNOWWWW!!!!!! party:party:I saw your post on Facebook!! SO exciting!! And December too, it'll be so pretty for christmas :goodvibes

Ahh yeah, that's a tough one. I love Universal, but there's plenty to do at WDW for 7 days?! Haha, well at least you have plenty of time to decide!!!

Omg yes, that WOULD be brilliant!!!! Well we're going in Sept 2015, so December 2016 would be a whole 15 months since we'd been.... :thumbsup2 Do you know your actual dates yet? Spending christmas day / NYE at Disney would be soooo good, but I bet it gets really busy!

Wow, Bay Lake Tower!!! That will be amazing :goodvibes:goodvibes I haven't sat down and read about DVC.. I really have no idea how it works. But it sounds like a very good thing?! :laughing: #clueless

I actually have 4 updates to post, I think I'll post them now :goodvibes FINALLY :thumbsup2

Ooooh the thought that there is even a possibility of you going at the same time as me has me all excited :rotfl: I don't plan on being there ON Christmas/NYE. I have before, and it is INSANE. The crowds are just :eek: I have pretty much narrowed it down to Dec 5th - 12th, 2016. Historically, the Christmas parade is taped the first weekend in Dec which I'd like to try and avoid. Mostly because they don't put the huge tree up in MK until after the parade (bc the need the space for cameras and whatnot) and I want to be there when ALL the decorations are up and ready to go. Yes, I've already done a ridiculous amount of research for a trip that's a year and 5 months away :rotfl2: DVC is an amazing thing but definitely not in my price range! So luckily I have parents who bought into it years ago and are generous with sharing their points :flower3:

I love the picture of you and Jamie on Splash Mountain! You look so happy!! So I must make a confession - I've never ridden Splash Mountain :faint:
I know, I know - it's a travesty of some sort! I've been going since I was 4 and did the college program but have never ridden Splash...well my son has already informed me that we are getting on it the next time we go. And I can't very well send him by himself so I guess I have to suck it up and overcome my fears :rotfl:

P.S. Chris Pratt is perfection in human form ::yes:: That's all :wave2:

You guys would seriously be the cutest DIS couple, if there were such a thing.

His mouth is dead on Beaker status!! :laughing:

dnd_zpsvm8icnob.gif

Oh yuck that is gross. And what a mom, not doing anything but watching. I would have desperately been in search of some napkins or tissues to at least attempt to soak some of it up!

Once again, the ride was completely deserted, so again, we boarded our own private VIP log

Straight VIP status tonight:cool::cool2:

I was going to say I love that poster picture! It's a frame? So if you put a picture in there, it will cover up Br'er Rabbit and friends??:confused3

I love this stuff! Years ago, Costco was selling full size product kits that included this, a nail and cuticle cream, pumice foot scrub and a hand and cuticle scrub. :hyper:

OH MY GOSH. I feel like I tell you all my Netflix shows :rotfl: We used to buy the Office seasons on DVD and had stopped after the 5th season because we had become so busy with life and what not. So when I saw it was on Netflix, I started rewatching from Season 1 about 2 months ago and we saw the final episode last week when we returned from our trip :sad2: Seeing Michael as the best man at Dwight's wedding nearly killed me. And then DH looked up on Youtube the final table read (they had recorded it!) and there was some pretty emotional moments at the table read :sad2::sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter