Oh It's A Jolly Holiday With Katie! - Beach Club / Grand Floridian

Loveeee your TR. I just caught up on it!
We were the only ones laughing on the Jungle Cruise on our last trip too! I was so bummed about that.
I can't believe how many times you braved ToT! I got anxious just reading about it. I've done it a few times and just can't bear to try it again. Same with Splash! I'm not a "drop" girl.
I can't wait to see how your stay at GF goes :)

Just discovered your TR, and I have loved vacationing vicariously through you -- thanks!! :thumbsup2 You two win the award of being "the most adorable Disney couple," by the way! I'm super impressed you got your boyfriend to fall so hard for Disney! Give me some tips for my DH!!:scratchin

Hey! And :welcome:!! I'm glad you're enjoying the vicarious vacationing :lmao:
Aww, thanks so much!! :goodvibes:goodvibes I knowww, I feel really lucky that he was even open to watching Disney movies with me, let alone coming to the parks and allowing himself to enjoy it!! I think a lot of guys I know would have to be dragged to WDW, and would then feel the need to pretend they were too cool for it :laughing: I found that once Jamie watched some of the more recent and funny Disney / Pixar films (Tangled, Up, the Toy Story movies) he realised it wasn't all the same old "Prince rescues Princess" story, and they were actually a lot of fun!
Plus, I sing the songs all the time, which makes him sing the songs... it's all about the subliminal messaging :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:rotfl:

Love that.
And it's so true. I never see more people with smiles on their faces than at Disney.

Unfortunately, we have it too.
I so much prefer when we travel to Europe and you know at a glance exactly what you're going to pay.

Okay.
Take two stores, side by side. They both sell shoes.
One shoe store displays the prices with the tax, the other without.
They both put up posters in their windows with the price of an identical pair of shoes.
One store shows $149.49 the other shows $129.99. Which shop are you walking into?
You walk in and find out that the price doesn't include tax, it's $149.49 with tax.
Well, it's the same price and you're here now, so... you buy.

That's the logic.

Stupid, but that's it.

Of course it could be worse.
Airlines were particularly bad for this, although it has improved somewhat over the last few years.

Airline price from Toronto, Canada to London, England $489!!!!!
(Price is for one way fare of a round trip flight and does not include tax, fees, fuel charge, seat charge, breathing charge, charge on the charge, charge of the light brigade, charge card and possibly an airplane)

So you book your "$489" flight and are delighted to be told it costs over $1500.

That thing's as big as your head!!

Were you guys able to walk after eating all that? :faint:

Can't wait! Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

Aww I know! I actually see a surprising amount of people looking pretty miserable. Maybe the hot weather or the late nights/early mornings, I don't know. But when I'm at Disney, my neutral face is a smile!

Thanks for the tax explanation!! I can't believe it's that simple! So it's basically just to trick people into coming into the store and buying more stuff?! That's crazy. I can't imagine if they introduced that here in England! Everyone would be outraged :laughing: It seems pretty sneaky if you ask me!

Ahh yes, I've definitely seen airlines do that before. Thankfully the one we use for Florida is pretty straightforward, but a lot of the other smaller airlines will give you a price, then charge extra for luggage, seat reservations, meals - and as you say - they practically charge you for breathing! :laughing: When I think about how annoying that is, I dread to think how annoying it must be to live across the pond where they add tax on to the price tags. :confused3

Haha I know! It was huge! We did struggle to walk around, Tower of Terror probably wasn't the best idea :rotfl:

Nice update and love the time at Beaches & Cream. I just wish it didn't require an ADR now.

This just captures it perfectly...

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Hey, thanks! Yeah it's a little annoying. But at least there's still a window where you can get ice cream to take away :thumbsup2

Aww I know, that quote is just Disney in a nutshell :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I just watched that episodes of friends! Unfortunately it just makes me think of sitting at home enjoying some quiet after the kids were in bed, not anything awesome like being at Disney!

I love Jamie's "that's just how my face is." Perfect for disney!

Once we found it, we LOVED beaches and cream! Next time you'll have to get them grilled cheese and tomato soup. Sssoooooo good!

Our youngest would love your jolly holiday mickey! She asked Mary Poppins where Bert was when we met her. I think she might like Bert more then Mary.....

A whole day just chillin at a Disney resort? Sounds perfect, not boring at all!

Haha, it's a great episode! What made it funnier was that Kristin Davis guest stars in that episode, so when it came on, Jamie said, "Hey look, it's Charlotte from Sex and the City!"
... yes, yes it is, but how did you know that Jamie..?!?! :confused3:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Grilled cheese and tomato soup sounds so good! I hear they do it at the Poly, so I'm planning on getting some from there this year! Just the thought of it is making me want to go downstairs and make some right now... :laughing:

Aww bless her, Bert is so great :thumbsup2 I hope she's been practicing the cockney accent..! :goodvibes

Hi there Katie! What a great lazy day you had at BC. It sounds absolutely divine. This update was far from boring. I was loving all the pics of BC and Stormalong Bay. I can't believe I'm going to be there in less than a month. :hyper: :hyper:

I was laughing at that gif of the lady falling into the pool. I hope I see that in real life when I'm there. Also Jamie walking into your mansion and your elevator conversation. :lmao:

That Mickey is so cute. Sammy loves stuffies, I can't wait to see which ones he chooses.

Beaches and Cream looks so good. I'm glad I know now that I can skip that sandwich you had. OMG, the fudge in that sundae. We can't wait to try the No Way Jose.

Aw thanks Colleen! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I hope it made you even more excited for your trip!!!
There were sooooo many stuffed toys that I wanted to bring home with me! I bet Sammy will have a tough time choosing! Didn't you say both your boys really love Oswald?! I got a really cute little Oswald at the end of the trip, and there was an awesome big knitted plush Oswald, he was amazing!
Ahh so jealous of the No Way Jose. I wish Jamie liked peanut butter!! I hope to see some detailed No Way Jose photos when you get back :thumbsup2:laughing::goodvibes

Uhm yes!! All are welcome in the lame squad! And I'm definitely looking forward to a treat there in September. Hopefully free dining comes out and I can use one of my snack credits :teeth:

SO onto your report!
Napping at the quiet pool sounds perfect to me. And Stormalong BAE...I love it!
But yes, the taxes are the worst!! And some states charge taxes on things that other states don't, so it gets even more confusing!
And that Mickey is so cute!!
Thanks for dropping by my PTR and I can't wait to read more about your trip!

Yayyy lame squad! * high five * :rotfl:

I loved our relaxing resort day! I'm so glad we did it :goodvibes And I'm also so glad that you enjoyed "Stormalong Bae" :rotfl:I think I need to be promoted to a more senior position in the lame squad :rotfl2:
Oh dear, I really can't keep up with the whole tax thing. I haven't even attempted to work out the the actual amounts yet.. I just go to the USA and think, "everything in this store is a lie. Prepare to be overcharged" :laughing:
Your plans on your PTR are looking great! I think the next few months will fly by, we'll all be going before you know it!

LOVED reading your latest update! Spending the day relaxing at the resort sounds so perfect and that dessert is crazy! Makes me wonder what the "kitchen sink" looks like since yours already looked enormous!

Hey, I'm really glad you enjoyed it! I was worried that this day would be a little dull to read about. But I'm happy that we took the time to enjoy the resort :goodvibes
OMG I know!! The kitchen sink looks absolutely ridiculous. I'd have to try it on the last night of the trip, because I don't think I'd be able to walk for a few days afterwards!

Reading this update makes me realize just how badly I want to be able to do a hotel/rest day in one of my trips sometime.

Well, we should be able to when we take my wife's family next November, since we do have one less park ticket than days we're there, but thing is we always seem to be going somewhere anyway. Like, we'd probably head over to Downtown Disney and spend the day walking around anyway.

The Beach Club is such a gorgeous resort. I really want an excuse to go there (because I don't know when we'd ever be able to afford thinking of staying there) and we've talked about eating at Beaches and Cream before, but somehow it never pans out. Maybe once we go back with our ice cream crazy friend, so we can successfully achieve the Kitchen Sink challenge.

EMHs is a great way to end a relaxing day! And ToT at night must be so cool. We've never done it before because, well, for one Amber already has close enough to a heart attack in day time, but also, we're always seeing Fantasmic by the time it gets dark, and we've rarely done much of EMHs in Hollywood Studios for some reason.

Also, we're with you on the hat! Besides, seeing as they put it up because there were legal issues with the Chinese Theater being so prominent, I doubt there will ever be a fully unobstructed view of that theater. Besides, the stage is not going anywhere. They're apparently changing it up, but it's still gonna be in the way.

I know just what you mean Marie, it was really difficult for me to take a day off from the parks to just hang out at the resort. But I'm really glad we did it. Even if you just take 2 or 3 hours out of the day to explore /swim / relax, it really is a great thing to do. After all, Disney theming is second to none :goodvibes

I think you should definitely go to Beaches and Cream and take on the Kitchen Sink! I'd love to hear about it :laughing: This might sound weird, but if you make it over to the Beach Club, just make sure you SMELL the lobby..!! Seriously, it is one of my favourite smells on Disney property! :goodvibes

Tower of Terror is pretty creepy at nighttime! Particularly as you're walking through the outdoor part of the queue.. It's really eery! :scared:

Yeah, I wonder what will come of those legal issues to do with the Chinese Theatre? I really have no strong feelings about the hat being there or not, so I can't decide whether I prefer the view now or before. I guess I'll have to wait until I see it in person :thumbsup2

I have just discovered your trip and i love it! thank you!!

Hey! :welcome: and thanks so much! I'm really happy you're enjoying it :goodvibes:goodvibes

What a nice relaxing day!!! Those are some of my favorite days in Disney. And they are much needed after hardcore park touring for days.

The Beach Club...ahhhh my favorite resort. It is gorgeous and you captured its beauty in your pictures so well!

Looking forward to hearing the rest and to hear about your stay at the GF! (So jealous by the way - ONE DAY)

I totally agree! It was hard for me to fight the urge to go and play in the parks, but I definitely don't regret having a nice relaxing day at the resort :goodvibes
Aw thanks! I'm really glad you liked the pictures. It is such an amazing resort!
I know, I can't wait to share it with you guys! I'm going to try to post a bit more frequently so hopefully it won't take too long to get to the GF :thumbsup2:goodvibes

I love all of your pictures from the BC! It is one of my favorite resorts! Spending a day at the pool is always so great as well! That whole area is always so much fun! I honestly think they have the best resort pool on property.
I am so happy you and Jamie ate at B&C! That is one of my family's favorite places to go! That sundae looks wonderful!

Your Mickey is awesome!!!!!!! So cute!!! :goodvibes

I am so excited to see your upcoming pictures from the GF! :cool1:

Hey girly, I hope you've had/are having a great trip!! :goodvibes:goodvibes I can't wait to read all about it :thumbsup2

I love the Beach Club too, it was so great to take some time to appreciate it :goodvibes
The sundae at Beaches and Cream was amaaazing, but I'm completely regretting not getting one each so I could have the No Way Jose! A few people have said how good it is, and I'm addicted to peanut butter so I think I'd love it :laughing: but the Fudge Mud Slide was still great :goodvibes

I'm going to try to post a little more frequently, so hopefully the GF photos will be up soon! :goodvibes

I sooo remember this at Universal Hollywood...when the shark when come up to the side of the boat multiple times looking like it was gonna chomp on you?! :eek: I hated it. And I was on the outside...but I was 13 so kinda embarrassing comparing a 4 year old to a 13 year old. :blush:

Yes! We finished it 2 weeks ago and I wasn't sure how to feel. I knew Walter was probably going to die, but I was hoping he was going to die with his infamous bowler hat on. And I don't know, I was ever so slightly hoping that Jessie was going to turn the car around as he was driving off to say goodbye to "Mr. White" (which, BTW, loved that Jessie always referred to him as Mr. White, like he was still his teacher!) Had we not binged watched the whole series in under 2 months, I probably would have shed a tear at the end. I'm sure fans that were there from the very first episode of season 1 cried!

Yep, I would not have been able to contain my laughter either!

:rotfl::rotfl2:

:cloud9:

So perfect, wow!

Absolutely gorgeous shot.

I've always hated this! I wish they would put the TOTAL price on all price tags. They're like gotcha! It's not 9.99, it's 10.83! (Well in CA it would be that, but in FL I think it's 10.63...why am I doing this? Why am I doing math right now..:confused3)

DS's favorite movie right now is Lilo and Stitch, mainly for the intro song and all the Elvis Presley songs. But i've always loved this movie and loved the interaction of Mr. Bubbles and Lilo when he's at the house talking to Lilo.

Aw, fun hidden Mickey!

Maybe you're just prepping for the sugar high you're about to get? ::yes::

Ew, what the heck? A furry dog? Yuck:rotfl: Unless it's supposed to be sauerkraut, I have no idea what's happening.

Yep a definite sugar high about to take place. Is it really that big? It looks as big as your head!

Adorbs!

I've only ever known DHS to have the hat so personally, i'm going to miss it.

Right!?! I actually think I'm slightly traumatised from that ride :scared:

I loooved the ending to Breaking Bad! But you're right, it would've been great for him to have gone out with his bowler hat on!

Haha, I didn't even know the tax varied from state to state until someone mentioned it in the comments. It must be so annoying! I have no idea how to work it out, I just figure everything is "a little bit more" than what it says it is :laughing::thumbsup2

Haha yes this is so true!! We were on a major sugar high after all of that ice cream :rotfl:

Agree to agree on this one. They are brillant. It is how I get my Disney fix between vacations. I love how they are themselves and don't worry about anything else but having a good time. I recommend them too.

Aww I know, I love them! I need my Disney fix while I'm at home too :thumbsup2:goodvibes

I don't blame you for spending the day at the Beach Club, it's so beautiful!

Hahaha after spending time in Italy and Spain, I'm totally with ya, the U.S. makes a poor choice by not including tax in prices!!

Ughhhh I LOVE Beaches and Cream. I actually have to tell my mom I want to book that for the weekend we're down there before my DCP starts, so thanks for the reminder :thumbsup2

Oh my gosh the Jolly Holiday Mickey and Minnie are TOO CUTE!!

It was such a lovely relaxing day, I'm so glad we took the time to appreciate the resort :goodvibes

That's really cool that you've spent time in Italy in Spain, what parts of Italy have you been to? We visited Italy every year while I was growing up, I love it :goodvibes

Beaches and Cream sounds like the perfect way to start your DCP!!!! :hyper:

Following along... love your report! :goodvibes Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

Hey, thanks so much!! I'll get some more up today :thumbsup2

Saying Hey! Been following along and am looking forward to the next update!!

Hi there! I'm glad you've been enjoying my trip report, I'll get a couple more updates posted today :goodvibes

Really loving your report. It really seems like you guys got so much accomplished on your Universal day. We're going to Disney in August and are contemplating doing a full dual day in Universal but are not sure if it's worth the $$$$. We haven't seen any of HP worlds yet and I still wanna be able to do the major rides.

Also love the pillow you bought "Mine, Mine". I hope to pick one of those up too.

Thank you!
I LOVE Universal, I will always make time for it on our trips, and personally I think it's worth the money! That's my opinion though, I understand it's not for everybody. The Harry Potter areas take theming to a new level, it's actually like you're in the film! :goodvibes

I love my seagull pillow! I picked up at a little merchandise cart right outside the exit to Finding Nemo the Musical :thumbsup2

Hi Katie :wave2: All caught up with your trip so far. First off I must agree as a fellow Brit that the UK does not smell like fish and chips...unless you are in Whitby. Or the fish counter at Morrisons :crazy2:. Also I agree that even though we share a language with America so much does seem to get loss in translation and I still forget that when ordering chips will get me crisps :sad2: Or get many blank stares is you ask where the loos are! :rotfl2:
I must say I share Jamie's issue when I comes to water rides, the last time I went on Kali River Rapids I had the misfortune to pick the one seat that got soaked by what felt like half the river! Seriously everyone else was bone dry. It was only me o_O not ever sure how that works. I was so wet I had to change ALL my clothes :scared: I also seem to get the wet seat on Pirates. :rolleyes2 Every. Single. Time. :boat:
The Beach Club looks amazing we are staying there in September 2016, plus I am intrigued to see how you found the Grand Floridian as we are staying there too :scratchin! As far as your views on Gaston go I couldn't agree more. I think Belle made the wrong choice! He's just a fixer upper! Plus he is well fit! ::yes:: That Gaston in the Beauty and the Beast show? :worship: No need for padding there! :thumbsup2
Oh my gosh Jamie singing `Do you want to build a snowman?' to a total stranger! :rotfl:That is just too adorable! And something I would do....and may have done similarly in the past :rolleyes1
I haven't been to Beaches and Cream (I know what is wrong with me?:sad2:) but I think you should have gone with a sundae each because as we all know calories don't count when you are on holiday or when you eat eat chips (fries) off someone else's plate! :teacher: It's just a fact. :lmao:

Hey! I loved reading this message, it made me laugh so much :laughing:

I totally agree, places like Whitby or Morrisons fish counter is where that smell stays!! My home does not smell like that :crazy2::crazy2: it's an awful smell :rotfl:

Hahah, "I'm just going to the loo" :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :laughing:

I love water rides, as long as I'm guaranteed to stay dry.. So I can laugh at everyone else :laughing: But that never seems to happen .. :sad2:

You're staying at the Beach Club and the Grand Floridian too - that's so cool!! We loooved both resorts, hopefully I'll be able to post some Grand Floridian photos soon! I've just seen that you have a link to your PTR in your signature, I'll give it a read :goodvibes

Gaston is definitely a fixer upper! I love that :rotfl:

And you're right, calories don't count when you're abroad :rotfl:I know this for our trip this year. There's no room for regrets at Disney!

Loveeee your TR. I just caught up on it!
We were the only ones laughing on the Jungle Cruise on our last trip too! I was so bummed about that.
I can't believe how many times you braved ToT! I got anxious just reading about it. I've done it a few times and just can't bear to try it again. Same with Splash! I'm not a "drop" girl.
I can't wait to see how your stay at GF goes :)

Hey, thanks so much!

I love the jokes on the Jungle Cruise, but I think sometimes there's a language barrier among some of the guests.. I like to let the skippers know that they are appreciated though, so I don't hold back on the laughter.! :laughing:

Aww no! I love a good drop ride. Although just thinking about it makes me lose my stomach :laughing:

We loved the Grand Floridian, hopefully I'll be able to post our "first look" pictures soon! :goodvibes

Day 7
(September 8th 2014)

Beach Club Appreciation Day!
Part 3 – Mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams.

(For listens)

(Fun Fact: I can play this on the piano :thumbsup2)

FANTASMIC!

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

I had been excited about this ALL WEEK.

The second show was at 10pm so we walked towards the amphitheatre where we met a HUGE line.
I asked a CM if this was the fastpass line and he said,
“Yeah it is, but at this later showing and at this quiet time of year, it really makes no difference.”

I was like huh?
But we joined the fastpass line anyway, and seemed to stand there for ages.
When they eventually let us in along the back/top of the seating area, we realised that they had started letting the standby line in ALONG THE FRONT - BEFORE US?!

It was weird and kind of annoying. Like, having a Fantasmic fastpass seemed to be a disadvantage today?!

For most people anyway…

We, on the other hand, raced down, and BY SOME MIRACLE - we ended up on the second row, right in the center!
I have no idea how we did it given the situation, but we did.

:woohoo:

IT’S PICTURE TIME.

Sorry for the nighttime blurriness.

20838956678_dd47cab57a_b.jpg

21000575086_f7546efe84_b.jpg

21026861055_5dd6359de0_b.jpg

21000608706_0803683fc2_b.jpg

21000605036_af8023a5c2_b.jpg

20838753080_851feeeb12_b.jpg

21000601086_16159898e0_b.jpg

20840047559_5fc40d335d_b.jpg

20405768633_dffc29a3b4_b.jpg

21000595076_b69c88601d_b.jpg

21016921102_9a47cc700c_b.jpg

21000590296_59550b65ef_b.jpg

20838931968_80b23102f4_b.jpg

20838928978_9b70ef1d2c_b.jpg

20838927148_6189f95270_b.jpg

21034421491_884e358830_b.jpg

21026830985_4c2f0e92f5_b.jpg

21026821235_82b07acb46_b.jpg

21000569706_7be4915fe2_b.jpg

21034405971_a582306d78_b.jpg

I get so emotional here…!
It’s the same kind of thing that makes me emotional at the Magic Kingdom Welcome show.
I just love characters dancing together!

:dance3:
:sad:

21034404291_92a021ef66_b.jpg

20404159064_9361149e7d_b.jpg

20838708460_4435265e69_b.jpg

21016884352_e3cb77b68a_b.jpg

20405726483_535afefcc8_b.jpg

20404203084_505318e481_b.jpg

The finale of Fantasmic is just PERFECT.
I love the whole show, but from when that little steamboat comes out, right up until the end, I am an emotional wreck.
SO good!

The dragon didn’t come out tonight, instead Maleficent was stood on a podium, but it’s fine.

Also, sitting on the second row, we got kinda, sorta, SOAKED!
Like not actually soaked, but you know that really fine rain that makes you feel like you’re soaked? Well, all of the spray from the water projection felt like that! It was funny though.
:umbrella:

All in all, it was AMAZING, and I really hope we get to see the dragon this year. It would just be the cherry on top of an already perfect cake.

:cloud9:

Click here for Day 7, Part 4!

Last edited:
Day 7
(September 8th 2014)

Beach Club Appreciation Day
Part 4 – In which everyone was RUDE!

We left Fantasmic at around 10:30pm and we made our way over to Star Tours.

We walked past the stage where the band was doing the song, ‘Play that funky music whiiite boy!’
We found it amusing.. I don’t know, we just didn’t expect to hear this song at Disney :laughing:

Anyway we enjoyed it, as did the other three people watching.

21034586951_2d6f8e1984_c.jpg

Moving on with some more blurry night-vision photos!

21026993625_e3db884a42_b.jpg

20838891200_9f4f20dcc3_b.jpg

21034578961_bf4386e818_c.jpg

(Regarding the title of this update, here comes rude guest #1..)

There was hardly anyone at Star Tours :woohoo:

We were in line for the front row, and in front of us was a woman with three young kids.
WELL.
The doors opened and we walked into our ship, and the woman decided that her and her kids were the centre of the galaxy, and sat them all down right in the middle of the front row, leaving seats empty on the other side.

This obviously forced Jamie and I to have to sit at the edge.

21000757226_dd4110fb5c_o.gif

This only irked me slightly.
But Jamie found it pretty obnoxious. Probably because Star Tours is one of his favourite rides.

But we weren’t angry or anything. Just another one of those moments we were able to laugh about.. Like, LOL, are you serious?!

Regardless, we had a good time, then we headed back over to Tower of Terror.

20839079408_4d78cc41f8_b.jpg

This was around 11pm, so the band were just finishing up and saying goodbye, but played one last song before they left…

I’d heard the song in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off once before, but both of us knew it primarily from It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
(We LOVE that show.)

Once we realised what the song was, we looked at each other, and this was literally our exact reaction…

:rotfl:

(“Then they played that song from the 80s, Day Bow-Bow.”)

MOVING ON!

We got to Tower of Terror and met this beautiful wait time!
(For anyone who might not know, this means 0 minutes!)

20404375664_246a4691ba_b.jpg

We walked straight through the queue, only stopping briefly when Jamie walked straight into one of those big metal barriers in the boiler room :laughing:

(He had a huge bruise on his leg the next day!)

21000777496_ceb3846031_b.jpg

We FINALLY got to sit in the front row of Tower of Terror!

:hyper::hyper:

Only to have the WHOLE ride RUINED by the most obnoxious, self-centered woman!!!!

Rude guest #2 in this update – definitely the rudest experience of the whole trip.

(As you can tell, it still makes me rage to even think about it!)

The woman sat on the back row in the center, wearing the Mickey and Minnie shirt..

Videoed the whole ride..

WITH THE FLASH ON.

:furious::furious::furious:

20840163249_0c08074864_b.jpg

Tower of Terror is practically PITCH BLACK throughout the whole ride, as well as being in a confined space.
And just think about how BRIGHT the flash-light is on your phone.

Outrageous!!!!!

20838908030_db42b7effe_o.gif

I just cannot believe some people.

As I said last time when the guy in front of me was on his phone the whole time, I don’t even have a problem if like one or two flash photos are taken because it’s so instantaneous, it’s over before I have time to get annoyed.

But filming with the flash on?

ARE YOU SERIOUS??!!

You’ve just ruined the whole ride for everybody.

But at least it gave me an excuse to use my favourite Lucille Bluth gif :thumbsup2

ANYWAY.
I need to stop thinking about it.

We left Tower of Terror and started to head out of the park at around 11:15pm.

And, of course, in between Tower of Terror and the park entrance, there was room for another rude guest.

Rude guest #3.

On Hollywood Boulevard a GROWN MAN was jumping into photopass pictures of other families, with his arms in the air pulling stupid faces - MULTIPLE TIMES.

He thought he was so hilarious, but obviously the families and the photographers did not agree.

At this point I was just watching him like:

20839109428_ca6c32fae8_o.gif

After the people on the friendship boat who sat two people to a row while the rest of us stood up.
After our Fantasmic fastpasses were no use.
After that family sat in the middle of the row at Star Tours.
After THAT WOMAN on Tower of Terror.
And after this photobombing jerk.

I was so sick of everybody…!!!

21017116042_eee879b80c_o.gif

I was so glad I got to see Fantasmic (especially from the great seats we ended up getting) – but by the end of the night I was just tired and irritated! :sad:

I really needed to sleep it off!

So we headed home.

21017060162_caf04c8f28_b.jpg

21034569831_f6467e8a06_b.jpg

20405900863_4c229be59b_b.jpg

21000723156_28dfec3183_b.jpg

Oh hey, welcome to our mansion. Make yourselves comfortable.

21034558741_eab8fd4610_b.jpg

21026956195_01986bdb95_b.jpg

20404299614_988fddf931_b.jpg

We got back to the room at around midnight, showered, and finished packing.

I know I’ve been complaining a lot in the update, but I don’t actually look back at this as a negative evening at all!

IT WAS FANTASMIC NIGHT.

How could it not have been great?!

If I could go back in time, I would watch Fantasmic, then sing and dance to the band (DAY BOW-BOW), then head back to the Beach Club. So I wouldn’t do too much different really.

It was still pretty great.

And I was so excited because tomorrow afternoon,

WE’RE CHECKING IN AT THE GRAND FLORIDIAN!!!!!!!!!

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

*End of Day 7*

Click for Day 8, Part 1!

Last edited:

I love fantastic! So glad you got good seats and were able to enjoy the show. Sorry about the rude people in the park. That stinks, but it looks like you still had a great time. Love all the pictures even if they are blurry!:smickey:
Lindsey

My sweet friend - this is why we need to be @ WDW together sometime...I have NO problem letting the rude people know they are being rude and obnoxious! :rotfl: Ya'll are too nice, I definitely would have said something. ESPECIALLY to that dummy who thought it was a-ok to film the entirety of the ToT ride :sad2: Not cool at all! Better yet, I would hit her over the head with my pickle ornament :rolleyes1

But anywayyyyyyyyy - I love the Fantasmic photos! I love that show and I missed it the last time we were there. No one else wanted to see it with me :sad::sad: Next time, that's not an option even if I have to see it by myself!

You have such gorgeous pictures of Beach Club!! I can't wait to see the ones of Grand Floridian, I'm sure they will have me in total resort envy :rotfl2: Looking forward to the next installment!

That Fantasmic FastPass. Oh that Fantasmic Fastpass. Waste. The walk in is a tad shorter, but, waste. In January it was better though since they actually had special sections that were actually good.

Oh yeah, the Steamboat Willie section is the BEST!!! Character overload!!!! LOVE IT!!!!! I remember my April 2013 trip, my first solo one. And the crowd went INSANE when the characters appeared on that boat. Absolute Rock Stars!! I will never forget that.

Hahaha, when you said second row, I said... Uh Oh. YOU'RE GONNA GET WETTTTTTTTT!!!! YEAH!!!! (I really did say that... out loud).
But I also have to add that I did a Google Image Search for "Disney stacey you're gonna get wet", and guess what one of the photos was...

10656549_10205024591681577_653973141_nxxx_zpsezhheudv.jpg

No lie.

Uggh, I swear if I had a dime (or 10 pence, tax included ;)) for every inconsiderate "person" in Disney, all my trips would be paid for. Move all the way down just does not apply to some, clearly.

HAHAHAHA, I love that It's Always Sunny episode. Then again, I love them all. I just want more!!

AHHHH, you got the 13 minute wait. They don't always do that I've come to realize.

See the thing people need to realize is that some rides have ride photos so they can be called out and pinpointed exactly as you just did here. Seriously, who does that???? Disney's pretty good about photos and videos of things, but there is a reason why they don't allow "external video lighting". Oy, some people need to be smacked.

But here's the thing about annoying and rude guests. They do make me laugh so there's your positive spin.

Despite your encounters with rude guests, it sounds like you had a nice night in Hollywood Studios.

I love your Fantasmic picture of Mickey holding out the sword.

Of all of your encounters, I think I would've been most annoyed with the video taping woman for two reasons: (1) Tower of Terror is my FAVORITE attraction in Disney World. Don't mess with my Tower experience, lady! :mad: and (2) As someone that owns a video camera, that external light is BRIGHT. How obnoxious. :sad2:

The Beach Club lobby sure is pretty. :goodvibes

Onto the Grand Floridian!

Hey Katie! I'm so glad you wrote about Fantasmic! It's one of the things I'm looking forward to most this trip. I think I might have an old friend who's living in FL join us that night. We even got the Fantasmic! package at Mama Melrose's so I don't have to worry about the FP+ or standby lines. I'm so happy I made that decision after reading your experience. Also it's great after your evening that you were able to look back on it positively.

Poor Jamie. He seems to be getting injured a lot. :rotfl:

Loved the Lucille Bluth faces. I miss that show. I also thought it was funny that you would associate that song with Sunny more than Ferris Bueller. I love Sunny but would never think of anything but Ferris Bueller when I hear that song. I was obviously an 80's child. :rotfl2:

Another thing that will also make me sound old is how annoyed I get by entitled people. I could go on and on but I will spare you. I can't believe the flash story. I am so paranoid when I take photographs in a public place, I check and re-check my camera then take a photo of the floor to make sure I have the flash off. I hope I don't encounter too many annoying people to harsh my mellow. At least I will try to laugh at it like you did.

Can't wait to see how you guys liked the Grand Floridian! :goodvibes

Aww I know! I actually see a surprising amount of people looking pretty miserable. Maybe the hot weather or the late nights/early mornings, I don't know. But when I'm at Disney, my neutral face is a smile!

I have an umbrella. I call it looking away and moving on.
Just because you are miserable doesn't mean you're going to make me!
Ain't gonna rain on my parade!

So it's basically just to trick people into coming into the store and buying more stuff?! That's crazy.

Yup. Pretty much.
Actually, years ago, there was no tax.
It was then brought in as a "temporary" measure :-)rotfl:Oh man! Too funny!) for WWI.
So it made sense to just tack it on afterwards I guess.
Now... yeah. It's not so funny anymore.

Haha I know! It was huge! We did struggle to walk around, Tower of Terror probably wasn't the best idea :rotfl:

:lmao:

(Fun Fact: I can play this on the piano :thumbsup2)

No way! Cool!

I had been excited about this ALL WEEK.

I should hope so! I hear some people can even play it on the piano.

I asked a CM if this was the fastpass line and he said,
“Yeah it is, but at this later showing and at this quiet time of year, it really makes no difference.”

I was like huh?

Are you joking?
Then why waste a FP on it???

It was weird and kind of annoying. Like, having a Fantasmic fastpass seemed to be a disadvantage today?!

That bites. I hope they do something about that in the future.

I get so emotional here…!
It’s the same kind of thing that makes me emotional at the Magic Kingdom Welcome show.
I just love characters dancing together!

Awwww... Poor Katie.

but from when that little steamboat comes out, right up until the end, I am an emotional wreck.
SO good!

:laughing: Words not usually heard in the same breath.
"What is emotional wreck and So good, Alex."

The dragon didn’t come out tonight, instead Maleficent was stood on a podium, but it’s fine.

Oh? I thought the dragon came out every night.
Too windy?

Also, sitting on the second row, we got kinda, sorta, SOAKED!

:laughing: I was going to repost your wet picture, but Rob beat me too it!

Part 4 – In which everyone was RUDE!

Uh, oh.

Anyway we enjoyed it, as did the other three people watching.

:laughing:

The doors opened and we walked into our ship, and the woman decided that her and her kids were the centre of the galaxy, and sat them all down right in the middle of the front row, leaving seats empty on the other side.

This obviously forced Jamie and I to have to sit at the edge.

I usually try to walk past people like that.
And I try to step on as many toes as I possibly can.

Once we realised what the song was, we looked at each other, and this was literally our exact reaction…

:laughing: Love that song!
I do the bass part (Oh.... Yeah...) all the time.
Not that I'm very good at it.

We got to Tower of Terror and met this beautiful wait time!
(For anyone who might not know, this means 0 minutes!)

Did not know... and... nice!

We walked straight through the queue, only stopping briefly when Jamie walked straight into one of those big metal barriers in the boiler room :laughing:

Whoops! :rolleyes:

Videoed the whole ride..

WITH THE FLASH ON.

:furious: Exit ride. Walk up to nearest CM. Ask if you could possibly ride again since it was ruined by that (point to idiot with the vid cam) self centered, incredibly stupid person.

But at least it gave me an excuse to use my favourite Lucille Bluth gif

Silver lining.

On Hollywood Boulevard a GROWN MAN was jumping into photopass pictures of other families, with his arms in the air pulling stupid faces - MULTIPLE TIMES.

Lovely. Why do people think this is funny?
Go for a long walk off a short pier.

I was so sick of everybody…!!!

Too bad your night was less than stellar.
But remember... Your in Disney World!

Oh hey, welcome to our mansion. Make yourselves comfortable.

Why thank you! Don't mind if I do.

I know I’ve been complaining a lot in the update, but I don’t actually look back at this as a negative evening at all!

IT WAS FANTASMIC NIGHT.

How could it not have been great?!

<phew> You had me worried there for a bit.

And I was so excited because tomorrow afternoon,

WE’RE CHECKING IN AT THE GRAND FLORIDIAN!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to read all about it!
Thanks for the update! :goodvibes

Oh, fantasmic.....we haven't seen that in years. I miss it....

I hate it when people are so wrapped up in their trip that they fail to realize other people are trying to enjoy theirs. I mean, I know you paid big bucks to go to Disney and have your dream vacation, but, oh wait......SO DID EVERYONE ELSE! Karma is coming.....

I'm glad you got to finish the day at your mansion and all was well! :cloud9:

Rude people suck. That is all.

I am glad you still viewed it as a great day!

Hi Katie

What an awesome TR, we go this September...so glad to see small queues still. We first went September 2003, and it was the same then!!

I always say WDW would be so much better with no people in :rotfl2: It sounds as though you encountered lots of rude people in such a short space of time!!!

I'm pleased you enjoyed Fantasmic though :)

Another reason you get a senior position in the lame squad is because you love It's Always Sunny!! I live right outside of Philly so some of the episodes are especially great! And ugh rude people! Hopefully this was your only experience with so many of them. The flash thing gets me :furious: On my first trip with Ricky some guy sat on Small World with his giant professional camera and just snapped away. I had bursts of light in front of my eyes for so long after. Who even films with a flash?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter