Oh It's A Jolly Holiday With Katie! - Beach Club / Grand Floridian

That's too bad about all the rain you got, you and Jamie are good sports about it though! :thumbsup2Your Mickey rice crispie treats look so good! :goodvibes

You might remember from a previous post that I am absolutely sickeningly TERRIFIED of sharks, and by extension, I just generally dislike large bodies of water.
I don't blame you, years ago i went swimming with some dolphins in the St. Johns river. I thought it was amazing until I learned that where I was swimming was also inhabited by sharks. I wouldn't say I am terrified now but I do get a little freaked out.

Last edited:
CLAPS FOR KATIE!!! I'm glad you survived the seas! :woohoo:

Hooray for a pickle ornament! :hyper: I am absolutely buying one on my next trip!

That's too bad that you didn't like your funnel cake! :crazy2: They're usually pretty awesome, so perhaps you got a bad one? I think the ones they serve in MK (at Sleepy Hollow, I think?) are highly regarded.

HOLY RAINSTORM, BATMAN! :scared: I'm glad you guys were able to dash under some shelter somewhat quickly!

That's a bummer about your movie experience. At least Goofy's was there to make your evening better! :thumbsup2 (After all, Goofy always makes everything better! :laughing: ;) )

Last edited:
Still lurking..... Man, Goofy's Candy Co. is on my Disney bucket list.... Still haven't gotten over there!
Now with those pics.... Oh, geez.

Wow, look at that lineup for the Nemo. Just never ending.

Given your dislike of large bodies of water, wow is it ever a good thing that you dont have pass over anything like that to get to Disney from home. That would clearly be awful.

I think you might be the first person I've heard being a little fearful of this ride. But I feel for you because, hello, Small World over here. I'm kinda a little surprised though since you have actually swam in the water with a dolphin. But then dolphins do rule.

That sandwich was my first meal on my last trip. Love Seasons!!

Remember for next time (if you don't already know) but in the area after Spaceship Earth, you can email yourself a copy of the Future video. It doesn't always work though.

Haha, yes indeed, people do like their funnel cakes. But I've yet to try one, and your feelings do not make me want to.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Florida ran is no joke.

Seriously, your waiting for the bus selfies. You two are too cute.

BREAKING BAD. WOOT!!! I was so obsessed with that show, and thanks to Netflix UK (I cut the cable cord years ago), I got to see the final season as it happened!!! AND thanks to Netflix UK... BETTER CALL SAUL!!! :hyper:

The Seas is definitely a place where we need to spend more time next time we go. Although, that queue is about 15 miles long. No need for 5Ks or Half Marathons, really - they should just send people through the Seas with Nemo and Friends queue and wait with a medal on the other end.

Those pictures are all really great! And those manatees are definitely not little. I always get baffled by those stats - like when they give the elephant weights at Animal Kingdom. Holy Jeebus.

Now now, that was an accomplishment. Personal growth is very important! Clapping all the way!

Clown fishies and seahorsies! So cute!

That thing is horrific. I feel like I once knew it's name, but I've forgotten. Probably not that bad a thing in hindsight.

Sunshine Seasons always seems to be such a popular lunch destination, but both my wife and I are shamefully picky about food so we've never tried. We should probably get over ourselves some time and give it a try for something else than strawberry shortcake (which, mind you, is still always a fantastic decision).

I won't even start on the FastPass tiering for Epcot cause I'll still be going when morning comes.

That is a really funny Spaceship Earth picture. I mean, the headlessness literally means the camera caught something, and decided to ignore it, because if there's nobody sitting next to you it uses a generic face.

I most definitely cannot judge your hatred of the Three Caballeros, seeing as I've never seen the movie. The song is pretty catchy though.

:rotfl: to the 'juggling umbrellas and had to go inside when it started to rain'. I don't know but that really cracks me up.

That funnel cake looks amaaazing. How sad that it didn't do it for you guys, though - throwing away food you were looking forward to trying is the worst. Maybe it was a bad batch - but Epcot has so many amazing snack options that I'm sure you won't miss it in the future.

Ominous skies! I recognize those.

Welcome to the Sunshine State! Our September special this year, buy our 'the humidity will slowly suffocate you' package, we'll drown you for free!

In May we got stuck in the Japan store for easily an hour. My wife refuses to enter it again in the foreseeable future.

The construction in DTD in September was riddunkulous. It easily took us half an hour to walk from the Marketplace to Planet Hollywood.

I can't entirely judge as I don't have the experience of having children, but sometimes when you come across a situation where a parent chooses to overlook their child's discomfort for their own (probably because they spent money to get in that movie theater), it seems a little eeeeehhhhh.

Meal in a movie theater does seem pretty epic. Definitely on my To Do list.

Those rice krispie treats, NOM. Also on our To Do list. (Okay, so I have a lot of food related goals, this is a judgement free zone though right?)

Oh Katie, I won't judge you for not enjoying funnel cake if you don't judge me for throwing away my dole whip! I have enjoyed this trip report so much! I think you should work for Disney as the Little Mermaid. You really look like her on the 4th picture frame in your introduction (probably riding the people mover?). Thank you for sharing your vacation!

Bummer about the rain! OH MY LORD - those rice krispy treats look amazing! I had no idea you could order them like that - definitely adding that one to the list! Yum!

Hey Katie! I was a member of the Disboards years ago and just recently rejoined. I am LOVING your trip report! I love finding other couples around my fiance's and my age who love Disney (and Universal) as much as we do. Your day at Epcot looked great, although that one fish is just hideous haha. Can't wait to read more!

YES - I'm already looking forward to ADR day!!! I started off saying "I'll only make 4 or 5 ADRs.." ... Now I have about 10! I'm getting wayyy too excited :rotfl:Food and Wine is going to be a hoot! I've watched a couple of YouTube videos of last year's, it looks so much fun, and super busy! You might see me trying to eat on the floor somewhere :laughing:

LOL I will be right there with you! I have no issues with sitting on the ground! :thumbsup2
I’ve never done Finding Nemo the Musical or Rafiki’s Planet Watch! I know this is bad but we only spend a little time in Animal Kingdom!
I love the little glow cubes they put in the drinks at Disney. I saved one from my first legal beverage in Disney…lame squad over here.
And ugh! Goofy’s Candy Co!! So good. I never buy anything there but I always want to so bad. popcorn::

Just curious, have you ever had an encounter with a shark or know someone who has and that's why you're so terried of them?

I'll give you a legit clap since you truly do have a fear of sharks.

britney clapping.gif

You did get a cute picture in Bruce though!

Wow, you guys are taking some major life risks in your future if you have bullet holes and no heads :rotfl:

The entire film makes me feel physically nauseous.

:lmao:

bathing in fat all night.

That's a great description! Although I wouldn't know i've never tried a funnel cake. Do they serve one with fruit? I'd try that one!

A family were sat in our seats but no biggie

I've never been to one of these theaters before, that's cool! So how do they assign seating? When you pay? And i'd be soooo annoyed with the baby. You know a baby doesn't want to sit in the dark for a couple hours with loud noises around him. Poor thing.

“Chipotle is my liiiiiife.”

:rotfl: Hilarious!

FREE $150 gift card

:dancer: How'd you get that?!

we should strap our two bad legs together to make one good leg.

:rotfl:

Why are you doing that with the close up pics of the crispy treats?!!? Those looks FABULOUS! :hyper: These things definitely weren't bathing in fat right? Just lightly drizzled?! :thumbsup2

And we fell asleep watching what any Disney fan would watch at Disney World.

Breaking Bad.

OH MY GOSH! Seriously, we're so late to the party, but just last month we got Netflix for the pure purpose of watching this show. We watch a few episodes every night and we're currently on the last season with 6 more episodes to go and I have NO IDEA how's it going to end :hyper:

oh, Katie! i'm back and all caught up! there's too much to comment on since I've been gone for like....months, but I've been having lots of fun catching up. you two really know how to enjoy your vacation!

So cool that you got to see a manatee!! I love them! And I'm extremely impressed you conquered your fear of the aquariums. You go, girl!

I love the theater at Downtown Disney but I would be so annoyed if a child was screaming the whole time...

OH MY GOSH. Goofy's Candy Company is one of my absolute favorite places in all of WDW and I ALWAYS get the rice krispie treats! I get it covered in milk chocolate and sprinkles and then drizzled with white chocolate and it usually takes me about three days to finish. It's the best snack ever, though!!! Totally makes up for the funnel cake disaster.

Have loved reading this so far, really got me excited for my next trip. Love your photos, you're really making me want to stay at Beach club now!

Congrats on over comiing your fears, for some reason manatees are my favourite animal :)

OMG you didn't like funnel cake :faint: I love them but they have to just have icing sugar on :)

Your cinema trip sounds very cool and definitely different to what we get here!

And now I'm craving a huge Krispy Treat........

The pickle ornament! I love it! I have always meant to buy one when I am there & I never do :worried:
My parents are going in November, I think I will have to ask them to get me one while they are there!

I loved all your EPCOT pictures! I think the last time I saw empty days like that was when I worked there for the CP. Speaking of...YES, I was a CM for the college program. It was back in the fall of 2005 so I got to work there for all the holidays. It was wonderful :cloud9: I worked at the Magic Kingdom - did some time at Mrs. Potts Ice Cream, Scuttle's Landing (no longer there), a pretzel cart, and occasionally at Auntie Gravities and The Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland. Good times! Best job I ever had :lovestruc

I know what you mean about the Ninja Turtle movie except I have a 5 year old boy who is OBSESSED w/ TMNT - which means I have seen that movie more times than I care to count :rolleyes: Luckily he likes GOOD movies too, like Big Hero 6 and various other Disney movies. I might have to disown him if he didn't like Disney :rotfl:Glad ya'll liked the AMC though! We have the Alamo Drafthouse here in south Texas and it's the same thing. You can order food/drinks while you watch your movie. It's really nice!

I am loving all your pictures! I think I would get annoyed with all the rain though - I mean, I know a rainy day at WDW is better than a rainy day at home but still, I hate the rain!

I love your little castle!! And I can't wait to see your pics from Grand Floridian! That's the one deluxe resort I have NEVER stayed at and I have always wanted to - can't wait to see how ya'll liked it! :banana:

P.S. Funnel Cakes are gross - totally agree with you on that! Wayyyyy too sweet and greasy. Blah!

I've looked into that one. It does look very interesting. After living with the land I want to know how to grow a Mickey shaped watermelon. One tour I really loved is the Keys to the Kingdom tour at MK. It is long tour but informative, inspiring, and gives you insight to the whole operations of Disney World. If you ever make your way to the west coast and Disneyland, take the Walking in Walt's Disneyland footsteps. Walking into Walt's apartment and listening to the history is amazing.

I'm really interested in Keys to the Kingdom, if I can convince myself that I can afford it in September, I would absolutely LOVE to do it. And when I finally get out to Disneyland I'm going to do EVERYTHING, so thanks for the tip!! :thumbsup2:goodvibes

I love funnel cake, sorry you had a bad experience. I think the chocolate sauce is what makes it wayyyy too sweet. Try it with just plain powdered sugar next time.

Yeah, a couple of people have said that. I usually like similar things like donuts and waffles, so maybe I'll give it another chance :thumbsup2

Awww man sorry the rain made for a wet day :sad2: Sounds like ya'll definitely make the best of it though! Congrats on braving your fear of sharks at the aquarium!:cheer2: I'm actually with you on the funnel cake isn't that awesome bandwagon. Especially when drizzled in chocolate sauce :crazy2:. I love your Christmas pickle! That was actually a tradition in our family growing up since we have some German heritage. Both my sister and I got really good at finding the pickle ornament on Christmas morning :laughing:

It was a bad storm day, but I would rather be in the rain at Disney than in the sunshine back home! :thumbsup2
That's so cool that you grew up with the pickle tradition!! I'm thinking about getting a new pickle on every trip and having a tree at home dedicated to pickles, just like the one in the store at World Showcase :laughing:

That's too bad about all the rain you got, you and Jamie are good sports about it though! :thumbsup2Your Mickey rice crispie treats look so good! :goodvibes

We managed to see the funny side of the storm - thankfully we didn't see too much rain, otherwise I don't think we'd have embraced it as well... But like I just said to someone else, I would rather be in the rain at Disney than in the sunshine back home! :thumbsup2 The treats are so good! They're pretty cheap for how big they are, and sooo tasty! :goodvibes

I don't blame you, years ago i went swimming with some dolphins in the St. Johns river. I thought it was amazing until I learned that where I was swimming was also inhabited by sharks. I wouldn't say I am terrified now but I do get a little freaked out.

That is so scary! I understand that sharks are supposedly a misunderstood animal, but those mouths and teeth are just horrifying. :scared:

CLAPS FOR KATIE!!! I'm glad you survived the seas! :woohoo:

Hooray for a pickle ornament! :hyper: I am absolutely buying one on my next trip!

That's too bad that you didn't like your funnel cake! :crazy2: They're usually pretty awesome, so perhaps you got a bad one? I think the ones they serve in MK (at Sleepy Hollow, I think?) are highly regarded.

HOLY RAINSTORM, BATMAN! :scared: I'm glad you guys were able to dash under some shelter somewhat quickly!

That's a bummer about your movie experience. At least Goofy's was there to make your evening better! :thumbsup2 (After all, Goofy always makes everything better! :laughing: ;) )

Hahah, thanks for the claps!!! :rotfl: YES, join the pickle party. I'm getting another one this year too :thumbsup2 Yeah maybe it was a bad one, it just tasted so.. "deep-fat-fried" :crazy2: I couldn't imagine how anyone could like them, so I'm definitely wondering if I got one from a bad batch. Maybe I'll try one from Sleepy Hollow this year, although when I'm faced with that nutella/fruit waffle I just can't say no..! And yes, Goofy always makes things better!!! :goodvibes

Still lurking..... Man, Goofy's Candy Co. is on my Disney bucket list.... Still haven't gotten over there!
Now with those pics.... Oh, geez.

You MUST get over there!! They're so delicious :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter