Oh It's A Jolly Holiday With Katie! - Beach Club / Grand Floridian

What a face! I love it! :rotfl:

The first thing we did was order a Magical Star cocktail!!

We never want to risk losing our passports, but we always had our driver’s licenses with us.
Unfortunately, the waiter didn’t recognise our UK licenses as a legit form of ID…
He was nice about it though, and he gave us each a piece of paper and a pen to write down the other one’s date of birth while he held our IDs.

Jamie turned to me with a terrified look on his face!

He knew I wouldn’t be very impressed if he got my birthday wrong!
Whew! Close one Jamie! With DW and I, it would be her that might mess it up!

Oh yes! I've got to try one of these!! :thumbsup2
I really like the animation class, AND you get a fun, free souvenir out of it!

I think we both did pretty good!
(Although mine is better, right?!?!?!)

I agree but shhhhh, don't tell Jamie I said so!
At around 11:20am we went over to The Land pavilion to use our 11:00 – 12:00 fastpasses at Soarin’!
I love everything about Soarin’.
I love the Patrick Warburton pre-show.
I love the views of California.
I love the soundtrack.
I love the smell of oranges.
I love the guy who falls down the ski slope.

It just makes me so happy.
Currently Disney is in the process of building a 3rd Soarin' line at WDW so the lines will be better in the future. There is a new Soarin' film at Disneyland for their 60th anniversary celebration and Disney is in the process of filming a new Soarin' for WDW that has scenes from around the world and not just California.

Great update Katie! More please!!

Jamie finds this interesting, but he does not understand why I get so excited about it. And to be honest, neither do I.

I JUST LOVE EVERYTHING AT DISNEY.

We got the front row, wooo! :woohoo:
If you’re looking to escape the heat and humidity, this is NOT the attraction for you..

It is literally a GREENHOUSE in the middle of Orlando Florida.

BUT IT’S JUST SO GOOD.

Love the updates!
This describes my feelings about Living with the Land exactly. IT'S JUST SO GOOD. And I have no idea why.

Oh I love your poncho photo :rotfl2: we went in July and it was so wet it was crazy, looks as though it continued :rotfl:

I'm so pleased you were able to get your Magic Star Cocktails, I've heard a few times of the UK driving license not being recognised which is so odd as it's our main form of ID :confused:

Your drawings are so good and yep yours is better :goodvibes

Poor Jamie on ToT :rotfl: And a walk on :faint: OMG I have to go in September. (we went July 1st this year as my DD's did their GCSE's and A Levels so we could get much cheaper flights, but the crowds were insane!)

What a shame about Jamie not getting picked as rebel spy!

I'm getting so jealous of your no crowd photos and even more so when I saw you had no single riders with you on TT, that's a huge deal for my family :rotfl2:

I love The Land too, my kids aren't so keen, but this year we did the Behind the Seeds Tour and they loved it. If you get the chance next trip definitely do it :thumbsup2

I really liked Finding Nemo - I hope to see it again on this upcoming trip! (And I had no idea that the Lopez duo wrote those songs - no wonder I like them!)

My sister ADORES that Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich. I have a feeling several of those will be purchased in May... :rolleyes1

Yes, indeed, that is Coronado Springs! I think the view from Everest shows how HUGE that darn resort is! :p

"... until his front legs fell off."

:lmao::rotfl::lmao:

I seriously died laughing EVERY time I read that section. You are hilarious. :thumbsup2

Also, "Ha! THEY HAVE A FUNNY WAY OF SHOWING IT." :rotfl2: I'm afraid the bugs are just not your friends! :rolleyes:

I'm glad you made it to your dinner despite the crazy rain! I also love your pictures from the animation class - they look great!

Jamie's first experience on the Tower of Terror is HILARIOUS! :laughing: Poor guy! I'm glad he likes it now!

Also, I bet Jamie's face must've looked like this after his Frozen-singing moment: :eek: Love it! :lmao:

I am a big advocate for the Nemo show, so I say - DO IT!

The ice cream sandwiches are too good, and if she manages to eat it without making any mess, please document it and ask her to give me tips.. :thumbsup2

Haha yeah, from the maps, Coronado looks HUGE! I've never been, but I think it's really pretty, I'd actually really like to stay there one day. Maybe I'll have to invest in some rollerblades though :rotfl:

Hahaha bless that little pig. He was wondering around, and then just sorta, gave up on life..!

OMG I KNOW! I really hated the bugs that day. I think that sign was just Animal Kingdom's way of saying "We know our bugs are loathsome, but please don't kill them, we don't want to have to sweep them up." :rotfl:

Hahaha I know right, I remind him of that ToT experience all the time!! He is such a doofus! I'll never forget that look of pure horror he gave me as he thought the elevator was malfunctioning :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:And yes that is just what his face did! It was kinda :eek: then just real sheepish! :rotfl:

That is so awesome you and Jamie had the park to yourselves! Also, the whole liquid incident on Soarin' made me start laughing!! That is too great, I probably won't be able to look at orange juice the same way !!:rotfl2:

I know!! We love visiting at the quiet times :goodvibes although now we have a pretty warped view of reality when it comes to Disney wait times!! We'll go to a ride that has a 20 minute line and we're like "...NAH." :rotfl: We are officially Disney brats!

Haha right!! To be fair to him, it would've been bad if he had to spend the whole ride taking a shower in orange juice, but luckily we don't take life too seriously, I'd probably still have laughed at him :rotfl2:

I love EPCOT! I want to stay at a epcot area hotel one day!

Well we all know that Disney dreams come true, I'm sure you will stay there one day! :thumbsup2:goodvibes It is so magical!! I'd definitely go back to the Beach Club, it's so perfect!

Raining... In September? Who knew? :headache:

:rotfl2: Your poncho selfie. Seriously... DYING!!!

Oh Jamie. Dear sweet Jamie. Kind of avoided a potential disaster there with the Birthday quiz. But what an odd quiz it was. I do know they instituted a rule a short whie back requiring passports as the only acceptable form of ID. And not that I need it, but, like you, I have no desire to carry my passport around.

Haha, having glowing drinks is a dangerous thing.

Very cool selection of characters at the Animation Academy. I definitely would have voted for Jack. But wow, your drawings look remarkably alike.. but yes, your's is better. :)

Ooooh Club Cool, where all the cool kids hang out. I am all in for free drinks. But as I will mention in a future update, I am really unhappy that the Magical Express video gives away the Beverly story. Why Disney... WHY???????

Ugh I know, wait until you see the pictures from the storm that came later on on this day!! It was MADNESS. But it made for some cool grey-skied photos, which I actually quite liked :goodvibes Every grey cloud has a silver lining :thumbsup2

Hahaha I hated that poncho. It was really cheap material, like wearing a bin liner that stuck to your skin, and actually made me really hot. Maybe I should edit the post and add that in so that people don't think that's just my face :rotfl2::crazy2: And Jamie seems to think he's some kind of superhero wearing a cape or something. :rotfl:

Haha RIGHT? I like to think of myself as a pretty reasonable person, but if he'd have gotten my birthday wrong (after 4 years), I would definitely have been in a GRUMP! And he knew it too, his face was a picture!! Ahh I didn't know there was a "passports only" rule. Imagine the trouble if you lost it though?! I guess I can think of worse places to be stranded though :thumbsup2

I know, the selection of characters at the drawing class was really cool! I love Jack but I didn't think there was much to his face?! Plus I do crush on Naveen an inappropriate amount for a cartoon character :rotfl:Actually, the CM taking the drawing was shocked that Jack wasn't the majority vote, they said that the Disney parks sell more Jack merch than any other character, including Mickey?! CRAZY!

Oh no, I didn't hear the Magical Express video mention the Beverly? (Over-excited on the way there, crying on the way back :rotfl:...seriously.) I will wait to read about it in your TR. I didn't think the beverly could bring any more unhappiness to people..!!

Hi, Katie. I've been lurking.
(That's not the same as stalking. Really. It's not.)
But decided to come out of lurkdom to tell you I ROTFL when I saw this photo. :lmao:

Haha, hi there!! And :welcome: and lurking is definitely not stalking, I understand :lmao::thumbsup2
I'm glad you like the photo! As I just mentioned to Rob above, the poncho was horrible, and kinda stuck to our skin, I really hated it!! Which is why I look so repulsed. Jamie on the other hand, looks very simple and happy.. It made for an interesting poncho-dynamic :rotfl:

Katie, I can't even with you two. You guys are so stinkin' cute! I love reading about your exchanges. Ordering steak to negate the fruity drink and freaking out over the OJ, so funny! :lmao:

I always feel like you're writing your TR just for me since I'm planning so many of the same things. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Mama Melrose since we're having the Fantasmic! package there. I'm kind of a snob about Italian food since it's so good here so I was apprehensive. You have calmed my fears. :goodvibes

That's a strange way to verify your IDs. Then again, it's been ages since I was carded so I have no idea what they do now.:confused3

I actually kinda liked Beverly when I tried it last trip. :confused:

Oh, I love the Land ride. I'm going to look into doing the tour. I think I just like to live vicariously through people who can grow plants for food. :rotfl:

Hahah aww I'm so glad!! Sometimes I wonder if I'm sharing too much, but I really want to remember all these funny moments so I kinda reluctantly include them.. But I'm really glad you're actually enjoying them!

I really enjoyed Mama Melrose. I think there's definitely 'better' italian food at WDW, but I really enjoyed the laid back atmosphere, and the food was good ! Better than I expected, I hope you enjoy it there :thumbsup2:goodvibes

Yeah I know, Rob mentioned above that they have a "passports only" rule now, so I'm really glad they accepted our driver's licenses :goodvibes Jamie never has a problem with ID, but I do EVERYWHERE. I'm 23, and the drinking age here is 18, and I get ID'ed every time I buy a drink. But the worst was the one time I got a lottery ticket.. You have to be 16 for that here, and I WAS ASKED FOR ID. That means the guy thought I looked 15 ?!?!! WHAT! :rotfl:

Hahaha Colleen, you LIKED the BEVERLY??!! :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::rotfl: I'm sure you could take an empty bottle and fill up on it if you wanted, you're probably the only person who will drink the stuff!!

I had actually thought about doing the Behind the Seeds tour too! If you end up doing it in April you will have to let me know your thoughts :goodvibes

I'm joining in a bit late here. Loving your trip report so far!! I've decided after reading the first few pages that I definitely want to stay at the Beach Club too on my next trip!

Hey! :welcome: - and you're not late at all :goodvibes That's so cool that you're thinking about staying at the Beach Club! I think the rooms have been/are being renovated, and they're actually much nicer than the ones in my photos! It looks amazing now :goodvibes You definitely should :thumbsup2

I've been lurking...but decided to delurk to tell you how much I'm enjoying your trip report. You and Jamie are just too cute and I love how much fun you had on your trip!

Hey, :welcome: and thanks so much!! I'm so glad you're enjoying it, we had SO much fun! :goodvibes:goodvibes

I love getting pictures of a nearly empty park! Your photo of the Fountain of Nations is GREAT! :thumbsup2

I'm really excited about getting a few rides on Test Track this time! It was still very "new" when we went in 2013 and the lines were insane. I love your sparkly vehicles!

SOARIN'! I don't think it's my top Disney ride, but it's right up there. I love the soundtrack, the smells, and the feeling of floating. :cloud9:

I know!! And like I said, it was around 10:15am on a SUNDAY! Crazy quiet!

The new Test Track is great, I do NOT miss those temperature testing rooms :rotfl: the interactive element is really fun too, looking around as you leave the design room you see some really crazy creations!

I'm exactly the same, I wouldn't say it's my favourite but I do love Soarin. I can't wait to see what they're doing with the new films!

Alllllllllllllrighty here goes! You two are my new favorite TR on the DIS! I don't even know where to start...

tumblr_n71qzwUsHG1smcbm7o1_400.gif

I just tuned in today and read it all in a few sittings. I'm going to try not to be this late in the game and bombard you with comments or questions on the older posts. Like all the others, your style of writing the TR's is great! I can relate SO much. Especially with your love for GIF's, Harry potter, Disney, and apparently CHEESEBURGERS :thumbsup2 .

You guys are eeeeeerily similar to my DGF and I! However I am the passionate DIS obsessed and my GF loves it but not quite as much the WDW side of it. (I had an identical "This Cow Is Awesome" moment once last year so I LOL'd at Jamie and his cow... :teeth: Love the humor AND Step Brothers fun! We are staying at Beach Club next January too and can't wait. Your pics and stories helped a bunch. (IMPRESSIVE photography skills!)

Keep up the GREAT work! Looking forward to the rest of your TR's.

Hey! And :welcome: ! Your comment gave me a huge smile, thank you SO much!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I think the dynamic of just one of us being WDW-obsessed and the other more relaxed Disney-lover is just perfect! Like I said in my intro, we get to do all the planning (which, I don't know about you, but I find fun!) and there's never any clashing on what we want to do / where we want to eat / FPs :thumbsup2:laughing:

That's so cool that you guys are staying at the Beach Club next year!! Have you seen the new rooms that have recently been renovated? They look SO pretty, you'll love it there! I already want to go back :goodvibes I'm actually planning on taking a quick detour from World Showcase in September this year, just to go and stand in the Beach Club lobby and smell that AMAZING smell..! :goodvibes

Aww thanks again! I'll get some more up tomorrow :thumbsup2:goodvibes

I am pretty much THE WORST at keeping up with commenting on TRs, but tend to be super good on FB and IG so hopefully that makes up for it!! :) I did completely LOL (like, embarrassingly loudly at work) at

“Do you wanna build a snowmaaaan!?!”
…until he locked eyes with THE RANDOM WOMAN BEHIND HIM."

I mean, all you can do at that point is own it and start dancing with her or something. You've already embarrassed yourself, might as well go for the gold! :rotfl:

Also, “What if it’s orange juice?? WHAT IF IT’S ORANGE JUICE??!?!?

Well, sir, at least the orange scent would be super authentic. :rotfl:

That is absolutely fine my dear, I'm also bad at it! Don't worry :goodvibes

"I mean, all you can do at that point is own it and start dancing with her or something."

Hahaha I LOL-ed at that!! If that's how you deal with things, I definitely want to be in the parks with you :rotfl:

And yes, exactly! Coming out of Soarin smelling of oranges - you don't get a more authentic trip over California than that!

This had me cracking up as well! I just love your trip report - so fun to read!

I forgot to ask - what were the dates of your trip? Sorry if I missed it in a post. It looks like sometime in September? We are aiming for a Sept. trip to avoid the crowds. It looks like you had the parks to yourselves almost on many of the days!

Hahaha he is so goofy!!!

Oh no, that's my fault, for some reason I hadn't even included it! We were there Tuesday 2nd September - Tuesday 16th September :goodvibes Thanks for pointing it out, I've added it to my intro :thumbsup2 You should definitely try to go at the very beginning of September, it was perfect! We've been 13th - 23rd before and it was definitely busier. We're going 22nd Sept - 6th Oct this year, so we might be there at the same time :goodvibes

BAHAHA I love Olaf in the Wall of Fame. He is in fact a legend.

The chicken parm looks delicious and the cocktails are beautiful!

Hahaha I own that Beaker hat!!

Your Jiminy pictures are adorable, but I would have voted for Naveen too! I had no idea he was even an option!

I love the sparkly car!!

Hey Courtney! Yes, he definitely belongs up there on the Wall of Fame :thumbsup2 He looks a little out of place, but he don't care :rotfl:

Yeah everything at Mama Melrose was great! The cocktail was one of those that just doesn't taste alcoholic at all.. So we ended up drinking them a little too fast :laughing:

It would've been so cool to draw Naveen! Yeah I know, I didn't think they ever offered human characters as options! It would've been pretty difficult, but I do love Naveen.. :lovestruc

Heheh I know right?! I could be a car designer when I grow up :thumbsup2 The design screens at Test Track are so much fun, I love that they have them at after the ride to play around on :goodvibes

Subbing in and catching up! Loving your TR so far!

Hey and :welcome:! Thanks so much! I'm glad you're enjoying it :goodvibes

My wife and I love Living with the Land. We went on the ride twice in the space of an hour. Who knew fruits and veggies could be so entertaining.

Right?! Living with the Land is strangely compelling :goodvibes I've been looking into the Behind the Seeds tour they do there, I bet that's fun :thumbsup2:goodvibes

Oh no, that's my fault, for some reason I hadn't even included it! We were there Tuesday 2nd September - Tuesday 16th September :goodvibes Thanks for pointing it out, I've added it to my intro :thumbsup2 You should definitely try to go at the very beginning of September, it was perfect! We've been 13th - 23rd before and it was definitely busier. We're going 22nd Sept - 6th Oct this year, so we might be there at the same time :goodvibes

Thanks for the info! We probably won't be going until 2016 or 2017 depending on how our budgeting/saving goes! Plus we'd like to see the new Avatar land when it opens. We also want to catch the beginning of the Food and Wine Festival - maybe just the first couple of days. We thought the crowds would increase once it starts and I know the hotel prices go up too... but, we really love dining at Disney and have never been to this event before. We'll just need to weigh whether the increased crowds toward the end of our trip will be worth it.

Look forward to seeing more of your trip photos and I've also joined your pre-trip report on the other thread! SO jealous!! :)

Right?! Living with the Land is strangely compelling :goodvibes I've been looking into the Behind the Seeds tour they do there, I bet that's fun :thumbsup2:goodvibes

We did this tour and it was fun! I also did my horticulture internship at EPCOT so I'm probably a bit biased. ;)

Hello! I've been coming back here almost everyday and so excited when you've updated! Can't wait to read the rest of your adventures!

You looked thrilled that you have to wear a poncho!:rotfl2:

Now i've never heard about that method of getting DOB's off ID's before. Thank goodness he remembered your bday! TBH, it takes me a sec to remember DH's. His bday and our anniversary are days apart so I have to remember which one's which for a sec.

Just love those glow cubes. We have accumulated a few over the years and every once in a while when I make us a drink at home, i'll pop one of them in our drinks. So fun!

NO! I must see this Beaker face! Please do not forget to capture it on your next trip!:banana:

Jiminy Crickets, you draw a great Jiminiy :rotfl:

OMGOSH Jamie must have been peeing his pants the first time on ToT!

Aw, I just love Ray too. DH and I were both so sad when he got stepped on at the end. :sad2:

What is going on with this lack of crowds?! So lucky!

I love that your efficienty is 7!!! That's gotta be the lowest you can go:lmao:

I've always seen the globes but never payed attention to what was on them. Thanks for pointing that out!

ETA: I went back to your intro to see your exact dates that you went but can't find them. Would you mind telling me your dates so I can attempt to visit during this time of no crowds?!:flower3:

Haha LESHA. I HATED that poncho :rotfl: it was so sticky and uncomfortable. I don't hide my emotions very well :thumbsup2

It would be so awkward to forget someone's birthday in this situation! Especially where there's a waiter standing over us :rotfl: Haha, I bet you really have to think about that one! However, Jamie's birthday is 1/2 and my ex's birthday is 2/3, now THAT would be awkward to get mixed up...!!! :crazy2:

Aww cute, I love that you bring a little Disney magic home with you! I only really drink water.. so I feel a bit daft putting a glow cube in a glass of water.. But maybe I will when I'm psyching myself up for my next trip!

Hahaha, I was trying to get a Jamie to do the Beaker face for a photo while I was writing that update, but he wouldn't :rotfl:I will persist when we are reunited with that hat though, it will be toooo perfect!

Haha I know right!! For a split second he looked TRUELY horrified, until he realised I was laughing.. I REALLY wish I had played along and acted like it was a major malfunction..! :rotfl:

OMG don't even talk to me about that moment in the Princess and the Frog.. :sad: I cried like a baby when you see him appear next to Evangeline in the sky.. SOB-FEST. <3

We did not care about efficiency at all... We saw no pride in being able to say, "our car was the most efficient.." :rotfl: POWER is the way to go!

Yes girly sorry, I've added it to my intro now! We were there Tuesday 2nd September - Tuesday 16th September. It got a little busier towards the end of the trip, but that first 10/11/12 days were sooooo quiet! I definitely recommend early September! :lovestruc

Oh my goodness your TR has me in stitches! :rotfl2:
“Do you wanna build a snowmaaaan!?!”
…until he locked eyes with THE RANDOM WOMAN BEHIND HIM."

That had me laughing so hard my fiance looked over from his video game at me like I was crazy. Ya'll are too cute!

Hahaha thank you !!! I'm so glad you're enjoying it :rotfl:I really wish I had more goofy moments caught on video, maybe I'll take more video footage this year and embarrass Jamie even further :rotfl2:

Oops, got a few updates to catch up on! (Aka: Marie's about to make an obnoxious long list of comments)

I love Finding Nemo The Musical. It's so nice to watch and has so many catchy songs and it makes me emotional every single time. Not as much as Festival of the Lion King, but almost.

I think the main advantage of using a FP+ for shows is just that you can get relatively good seating with generally first pick without having to line up for too long beforehand. I mean, you may get good seats either way - but would you rather wait 30 minutes for those, or show up 5 minutes before your FP time opens up and then go right in?

Not to mention, Animal Kingdom doesn't have that many things that are in dire need of FP, especially during low season.

Love those pictures of the show, though! And I swear to goodness, in all three times we've seen this show (November 2012, October 2013 and May 2014), the actor playing Marlin has always been the same, and it's the same guy on your picture too. Clearly he loves his contract.

BAD DINOSAURS. (Sorry, I have a thing).

My wife is such a fan of those ice cream sandwiches, but somehow I've never had one. I don't know why. There's just too many great snack options at Disney!

Those are awesome Everest pictures! I love the view of Epcot and the resorts in the distance - goodness Coronado is so huge!

Eeek bug attack again. For real though, I can't squish bugs in Animal Kingdom. Even in every day life I feel bad when I do as a reflex (except mosquitoes, I am ruthless with those), but in Animal Kingdom, I'm like... I can't kill a bug, I'll probably get kicked out.

The only thing I appreciate more than the fact that there's a petting zoo at Walt Disney World is the fact that they named it the Affection Section. How precious can you get.

Immediate FP is yet another advantage of the FP+ system. I know it's got its downside (lack of spontaneity and so on), but really, I think by now the good outweights the bad.

September rain! Ugh. So miserable. Thankfully it wasn't too long lasting in your case. But I totally get you on poncho feels. We had cheap ones and they felt horrible. We ended up caving and bought Disney ones in September because it rained pretty much every single day, pretty relentlessly at times, and I was just not having it with the cheap ones anymore.

Love Mama Melrose! Hate that they ask for passports as valid IDs. Who wants to walk around their passports, seriously? Story time on that, my mom's coworker went on a cruise and lost her passport in St Marteen. When they got back to the States, they were charged a fine of USD 600.00 EACH for being illegally on US territory without passports. So I think moral of the story is, if I get refused a drink with my driver's license, I'll suck it up and get a smoothie. That would be one expensive cocktail.

But I did have that drink and it is pretty good! I love Mama Melrose. My wife's in love with their steak. But then, we haven't been to the Yachtman's Steakhouse.

I am legit dying of laughter over that Tower of Terror story. And singing Do You Wanna Build a Snowman to a stranger, for that matter. Lord would I have gotten murdered if I'd dared take my wife on this ride without her knowing what was going on and then something like this happening.

No judging on staying in to watch Princess and the Frog. It's such a great and underrated movie.

That's a pretty awesome wait for Test Track! Building the cars is pretty awesome, too. They also have awesome photo ops around once you exit the ride, we went a bit crazy on those in May.

Soarin' is my happy place. I just feel so content and at peace and joyful on it. Meanwhile, my wife clings to my hand and contemplates jumping off as she just wants to get back to solid ground and that would be the fastest way to do so. Clearly we have differing opinions on how often we should do this ride in a trip.

Living with the Land is one of my favorite Epcot attractions. I love going through the greenhouse - the Behind the Seeds tour must be pretty neat, too!

Hey Marie, I recognise you and Amber from some of Rob's recent updates! Do you have a trip report going from your recent trip? I can't seem to find one :confused3

I'm going to say that I agree with you on the FOTLK / FNTM thing. I absolutely love both, they make me so emotional, but I think Lion King slightly has the edge. But my opinion tends to change day-to-day - so I can't say for sure! I know what you mean about there not being many fastpass options. I think the Safari, Everest, and either of the shows are the best FP choices :goodvibes

Aww bless that guy in the Nemo show for all these years! He must love it there. :fish:omg right, wayyyy too many snacks, I couldn't possibly pick a favourite, although I have a few too many that I love :mickeybar

Haha I know, it just feels so wrong to kill a bug at Animal Kingdom, of all places! But if you'd have seen the bug that bit Jamie.. GOOD LORD. It was ginormous.

Marie I totally agree with you when it comes to FP+. Sure, I miss not being able to get FP after FP for Splash Mountain, but overall I love the system. However I can imagine it being a little more difficult during the busy seasons. :crowded::crowded: Another thing I would suggest to WDW is making it a little clearer where these FP kiosks are. We only used them to get 4th FPs if we directly came across them, otherwise we had no idea where to find them!

I know, I saw that it rained a lot while you guys were there from Rob's TR. What a shame :sad2: I would not have been able to handle these cheap, sticky ponchos for much longer. We actually have THESE vintage Disney ponchos from when I was a kid, but we forgot to bring them!

ponchos_trio2003ww.jpg

WHOA that is AWFUL about your mom's coworker!!?!! Yeah I will never risk losing my passport while I'm over there. I think the USA is pretty strict with their rule enforcement.. I'd never mess with their rules. When we were 20, a British girl I know was caught drinking there, and she's BANNED from visiting!! (for X amount of years, I'm not sure how long) ... Eep! :scared:

Hahaha I know, too funny!! I kinda wish I'd played along with the ToT thing and acted horrified myself.. He would have FREAKED out! :rotfl:

I hope Amber grows a little fonder of Soarin..! It's such an amazing, unique attraction. I can't wait to see what they do with the new movie!

I've been looking into the Behind the Seeds tour for when we visit again in September! It looks fun. But I'm sure Jamie would rather spend the time at Test Track or something, so I'm not sure if we'll end up doing it :goodvibes

What a face! I love it! :rotfl:

Whew! Close one Jamie! With DW and I, it would be her that might mess it up!

Oh yes! I've got to try one of these!! :thumbsup2

I agree but shhhhh, don't tell Jamie I said so!

Currently Disney is in the process of building a 3rd Soarin' line at WDW so the lines will be better in the future. There is a new Soarin' film at Disneyland for their 60th anniversary celebration and Disney is in the process of filming a new Soarin' for WDW that has scenes from around the world and not just California.

Great update Katie! More please!!

I was SO excited to learn about the new Soarin' movie!! It's going to be amazing! I wonder what countries they will include :scratchin:goodvibes

Thank you! I think I'll be able to put some more up tonight :goodvibes

Love the updates!
This describes my feelings about Living with the Land exactly. IT'S JUST SO GOOD. And I have no idea why.

Thank you!! Haha, right?! I don't know WHY it's so good?! IT JUST IS. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Oh I love your poncho photo :rotfl2: we went in July and it was so wet it was crazy, looks as though it continued :rotfl:

I'm so pleased you were able to get your Magic Star Cocktails, I've heard a few times of the UK driving license not being recognised which is so odd as it's our main form of ID :confused:

Your drawings are so good and yep yours is better :goodvibes

Poor Jamie on ToT :rotfl: And a walk on :faint: OMG I have to go in September. (we went July 1st this year as my DD's did their GCSE's and A Levels so we could get much cheaper flights, but the crowds were insane!)

What a shame about Jamie not getting picked as rebel spy!

I'm getting so jealous of your no crowd photos and even more so when I saw you had no single riders with you on TT, that's a huge deal for my family :rotfl2:

I love The Land too, my kids aren't so keen, but this year we did the Behind the Seeds Tour and they loved it. If you get the chance next trip definitely do it :thumbsup2

Haha they were the most horrible ponchos EVER! The rain wasn't actually TOO bad overall, especially for September time. I think it got really bad just after we left, we were really lucky to avoid the worst of it!

I know! As I've said before, I really don't want to risk losing my passport, and technically being in USA illegally..! Someone has previously mentioned that WDW has a passport-only rule now, so I'm really glad they let us off :goodvibes

You HAVE to go in September!! It's so good. Although we're kinda spoiled now, if something has a 20 minute wait we sometimes skip it..!! We're going again this September 22nd - Oct 6th, so I think it will be busier with it being Food and Wine Fest. I hope it's not too bad!

Oh that's so cool, I've been saying in these comments that I'm considering doing Behind the Seeds! Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup2:goodvibes

Thanks for the info! We probably won't be going until 2016 or 2017 depending on how our budgeting/saving goes! Plus we'd like to see the new Avatar land when it opens. We also want to catch the beginning of the Food and Wine Festival - maybe just the first couple of days. We thought the crowds would increase once it starts and I know the hotel prices go up too... but, we really love dining at Disney and have never been to this event before. We'll just need to weigh whether the increased crowds toward the end of our trip will be worth it.

Look forward to seeing more of your trip photos and I've also joined your pre-trip report on the other thread! SO jealous!! :)

We did this tour and it was fun! I also did my horticulture internship at EPCOT so I'm probably a bit biased. ;)

Oh yes, you should definitely try to get there for when Avatar opens!! I haven't actually watched the movie all the way through, but I think the concept art for Animal Kingdom looks so pretty :goodvibes
Yeah I absolutely agree, Food and Wine was starting a couple of days after we left, and the crowds really picked up on our last day or two. I think it's a great idea to take advantage of the low crowds for a few days, then do Food and Wine as soon as it opens :goodvibes
Thanks! I really need to update the PTR over there.. But we're still 203 days out (and counting!) so there isn't much to write about!?! Hopefully it'll get more interesting as we get closer to the time :thumbsup2

WOW regarding your internship at Epcot!! That must've been amazing :goodvibes

Hello! I've been coming back here almost everyday and so excited when you've updated! Can't wait to read the rest of your adventures!

Hey thanks so much! I'm glad you're enjoying it :goodvibes I think I'll be able to get some more up tonight :thumbsup2:goodvibes

Hey Marie, I recognise you and Amber from some of Rob's recent updates! Do you have a trip report going from your recent trip? I can't seem to find one :confused3

We actually have two ongoing right now :) Though I know realize both of them were started by my wife XD They're co-written because, well, we took them together, and I'm bad at updating so Amber took the reigns from me even though I started TRing first

But the September one is the following: "A for Effort, C for execution"

The other ones should be linked in my signature though :)

Day 6
(September 7th 2014)

There’s no use in grumbling when raindrops come tumbling!
Part 2 – The Seas

We took in the lovely view as we walked down to The Seas pavilion.

20593953872_1c842b9c6c_b.jpg

And we met this pretty little lady on the way.

20414994170_08a8c0a6f9_b.jpg

I LOVE DISNEY DUCKS.

19982094413_554d3b575e_b.jpg

20602964775_362630cc87_b.jpg

20609579621_a4cea885e2_b.jpg

19982093773_c6ee3bc7b7_b.jpg

You might remember from a previous post that I am absolutely sickeningly TERRIFIED of sharks, and by extension, I just generally dislike large bodies of water.

So, while I like the exterior of The Seas pavilion, going inside is a whole big thing.

In 2012 I reluctantly did the ride through, but when we walked through Sea Base afterwards I would not go anywhere near those doggone floor-to-ceiling tank windows I tells ya.

NOPE.

This was literally me..

19980412594_ae7616de62_o.gif

Well my friends. I made so much progress today!

First we did the ride-through, which was pretty scary.

20609621471_e58c5a5e47_b.jpg

This was the best picture I got, but as you can (kind of) see, Marlin, Nemo and Dory were swimming alongside to comfort me.

20593991402_8fe4f0ccec_b.jpg

As we finished the ride, there was a Manatee presentation going on!

I loved it!

20609583391_dc211aa045_b.jpg

Lil’ Joe ain’t so lil’ ! Can you believe that’s how much they weigh?!

20593953192_02872397a3_b.jpg

20593953002_3657b96813_b.jpg

They were eating lettuce, which was super cute.

20414983248_9c6a36698a_b.jpg

After this presentation I was in a really good mood, and what better circumstances to attempt to look at some fish?!

(Wow, I really am pathetic.)

It was a strange experience and difficult to explain.
My heart was racing the entire time, but a little part of me found it quite exciting..!!
Maybe because I legit NEVER go to aquariums or anything.

I saw some Dolphins, which I really like, so that gave me the courage to get closer to the glass.

20415051578_d4742ac0dc_b.jpg

Then some more weirdy fish.

20603033085_0a033e70b5_b.jpg

20603062965_60a906c6f6_b.jpg

And this guy was awesome!!

20415080058_cb1b454851_b.jpg

But the highlight was when we saw this big ol' SEA TURTLE in the distance!!

20603062105_cc8781796b_b.jpg

So amazing!

I did look at some sharks, but I had no desire to take their picture.

But I’m so proud of myself for going up to the glass and looking!!

(I know it’s not that much of an achievement.. but humour me here..)

Claps for Katie!!!!

19982126093_dd28f76ea6_o.gif

Thank you, thank you.

Next we moved over to the cuter exhibits.

20414999010_a7f1caae23_b.jpg

20609582061_bc07a8372d_b.jpg

But hold on a minute…

WHAT IS THAT THING??????

20415108870_5a272897f4_b.jpg

:crazy2:

On the way out, the giant Bruce gave me a fright, b
ut Jamie insisted I go get a photo in his mouth as a symbol of my achievement today!!

20602963375_008a1dc00f_b.jpg

(I’m still not thrilled about including this thing in my trip report, but maybe one day I’ll appreciate it.)

At this point it was nearing 1pm, so we went back to The Land to get some turkey sandwiches from Sunshine Seasons.

19982094923_a6b2fc5652_b.jpg

We were VERY impressed!!

19982094883_78dfce30a5_b.jpg

It was a great healthier option. MUCH better than our super-salty bacon cheese burgers the day before.

I definitely recommend Sunshine Seasons!

Click for Day 6, Part 3!

Last edited:
Day 6
(September 7th 2014)

Part 3 – Drip drip drop, little September shower...

At around 1:25pm we finished up our tasty sandwiches at Sunshine Seasons, then headed over to Spaceship Earth!

20594161412_4d152a13f2_b.jpg

We’d had fastpasses from 12-1pm, but obviously eating is a much higher priority for us.

Plus it was, of course, a walk on anyway.

We only had fastpasses because the tier system at Epcot makes your options pretty limited.

This ride on Spaceship Earth was particularly hilarious because, for some reason, I appeared to have a big bullet hole in my head,

AND JAMIE HAD NO HEAD AT ALL.

20609793801_b5544865f8_b.jpg

:rotfl:

It was so funny watching me prance around with my headless friend. I really wish I had videoed it. We got a great laugh out of it!

We disembarked and headed towards the exit..

19982306493_65922b3475_b.jpg

But we decided to try out the Innervision game before we left.

I went first, and I think I did pretty well!

20609793181_4226b55032_b.jpg

Then Jamie had a go…

19980609044_cc8326e676_b.jpg

20609788721_87438df383_b.jpg

… And beat me on EVERY task!

20594160692_c53e8c8797_b.jpg

For goodness sake!

He was so smug about it. :sad2:

Next we headed around to World Showcase!

We first stopped off at beautiful Mexico.

20416504299_9e9de1aa54_c.jpg

I love this pavilion. We had a little look at the shops and stalls, then went to do the Gran Fiesta Tour.

Now, I really don’t mean for all of my updates to include something I hate..

But you guys.

I HATE THE THREE CABALLEROS MOVIE.

The entire film makes me feel physically nauseous.

I think it's the way it's filmed / the weird colours / the weird songs / the terrible mix of live action and animation (which I'm usually a fan of).
I REALLY DON'T KNOW.

There are just no words to describe it.

But I do kinda like the three caballeros as characters.

And I love the theme song that is played in the Gran Fiesta Tour.

And I’m partial to a little boat ride.

So I do actually like this attraction.

19980608274_30dd784bae_b.jpg

20594159682_93be31730d_b.jpg

We're happy amigos!
No matter where he goes!
The one, two, and three goes!
We're always togetherrrr!

20415207950_2f522c5768_b.jpg

Ahhhh!
We haaave the staaaars to guide ussss!

It was fabulous.

We had a little look in Norway and China, but I was really excited to get to Germany to buy my pickle ornament!

20609791681_eccf6f2bd2_b.jpg

I got a normal little pickle, and the woman wrapped it up so nicely!

She wrote ‘Merry Christmas!’ on the box and sealed it with a Mickey sticker.

(Photo in the next update.)

20603172055_b7e53c3e14_b.jpg

We walked around to Italy and Sergio came out to entertain!

20415189268_f728627a7d_b.jpg

20609790941_b7990cac6e_b.jpg

He was juggling umbrellas, which was kinda ironic because had to go back inside when it started to rain..

It rained a little but eased off pretty quickly, so we continued around World Showcase through to the American Adventure pavilion.

Now, I had read about this mystery dessert that everyone seems to absolutely adore..

The legendary funnel cake!

I simply couldn’t ignore the funnel cake stand, so we got one with chocolate sauce to share..

20594156302_807c29eb33_b.jpg

I had no idea it was going to be so huge!!!

We took it over to Japan to eat at a bench.

20603171225_05fbda738a_b.jpg

(Check out that storm cloud…!!)

We sat down facing the pagoda in Japan.

20594157722_139f110e62_c.jpg

We had been sat down for about 5 seconds when we realised we were slowly suffocating from the humidity, so we went into the Liberty Inn to bask in the wonderful air conditioning.

From buying the cake to going to Liberty Inn, THREE different sets of people stopped us to ask us what we were eating and where they could get one!

Seriously!

People go crazy for it!

We finally made a start on our funnel cake, and after all that, we BOTH realised,

We HATED it..!!

I may get disowned from the DIS community for this, but THIS is how much we threw away..!!

20415186518_82fe316180_b.jpg

I have the sweetest tooth out of anybody I know, but this thing just tasted like it had been bathing in fat all night.
And it just disintegrated into sugar as soon as it hit your tongue..

Bleugh.

:crazy2:

When we went back outside, we were faced with THIS very uninviting sky..

19980605484_2afb8154c6_b.jpg

20594157112_f057925641_b.jpg

I don’t edit these photos whatsoever, that was legit the colour of the sky. CRAZY.

It was only raining slightly, so we braved it without putting on our ponchos.

At least we knew that we weren’t far from home!

20416500689_8a0cd063b3_b.jpg

20415187158_72661c4727_b.jpg

We were heading round to Morocco with the intention of exploring the backstreets, but then the heavens COMPLETELY opened up!

It didn’t gradually increase like normal rain. This was like when you turn a shower from zero to full power, because in a split second, the light drizzle TURNED INTO THIS.

20594156692_0ed4ec19aa_b.jpg

20609827611_96445deacb_o.gif

Luckily we were pretty close to the Souk-al-Magreb store next to Spice Road Table, so we darted in there to take cover!

20576928156_b852d31df2_b.jpg

It was absolutely CRAZY! There were flashes and forks of lightning, and SUPER loud thunder clatters!

Thankfully that store has a lot of pretty things so we had a look around for a while and waited to the storm to die down. I almost bought this really cute ankle bracelet, which I want to remember to have another look at this year.

We waited and waited until eventually we realised this storm was not going anywhere, so we put on our ponchos and power-walked round to International Gateway, and made it back to the room by 3:30pm.

In spite of the rain, we still had a fairly successful day at Epcot!

Click for Day 6, Part 4!

Last edited:
Day 6
(September 7th 2014)

Part 4 – When you're at Disney and rain is making you grumpy, you can always go… DOWNTOWN.

We relaxed in the room for a while and I took a photo of my pickle ornament and its cute packaging!

19980789734_d20679ca9b_b.jpg

20609976241_96018e7b02_b.jpg

We had plans to explore Downtown Disney tonight, but IT DID NOT STOP RAINING.

But we really had our hearts set on some rice krispy treats from Goofy’s Candy Company, so we decided to get showered and ready anyway, and go to the 6pm showing of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at the AMC Dine-In Theatre!

20415383140_2e3166f683_c.jpg

We left the Beach Club at 5:15pm, which was cutting it a little fine..

20609975901_6d903f880a_b.jpg

(But there’s always time to take a photo of a Disney door mat.)

20577113176_2fca9d958e_b.jpg

Plus the bus took AGES.

But we kept ourselves entertained.

20415389480_806738d41f_b.jpg

19980786324_5a7b3f3dbc_b.jpg

We were dropped off at Downtown Disney Marketplace and there was construction EVERYWHERE!

We had a hard time navigating ourselves around the construction walls, especially because we were keeping our heads down in the rain. We seemed to walk a really long way around.

We made it to the outdoor ticket window just a few minutes after 6pm, and of course, the ticket guy directed us to screen 23, ie. the FURTHEST screen away.

But we made it!

A family were sat in our seats but no biggie. We sat on the row in front.
And it turned out these people, now sat directly behind us, had a SCREAMING baby… who cried throughout the ENTIRE film..!
Surely they should take the baby outside to calm down a little..

BUT THEY DIDN’T.

o_O

Children do not bother us at all, there were a lot of children in the screen laughing and commenting on the film, which we found cute and amusing.
But this was super loud and ruined the film a bit. Plus the little baby seemed really distressed by all of the loud noises, they really should’ve gone out of the screen for some piece and quiet.

We were kinda sad for the baby / annoyed for our ears.

OH WELL.

I still just LOVE the concept of EATING A MEAL IN A CINEMA (/movie theatre.. whatever you guys call it!)
Jamie had some Thai Bang Shrimp to start, which he said were really good.
Then he got the bacon cheeseburger, and I had the grilled chicken quesadillas!

(MEXICAN FOOD IS MY FAVOURITE.)

My quesadillas came with pots of sour cream and salsa, and a spicy chipotle sauce that I gave to Jamie.

I asked him
“Oh my God, do you love chipotle?”

To which he obviously replied,

“Chipotle is my liiiiiife.”

OUR MINDS ARE COMPLETELY IN SYNC.

The film was…. Fun.. I don’t even know how to describe it. Not something I’ll ever watch again, but still.. FUN.

(Also, I’m a law abiding citizen, so I waited until after the film to sneak a photo :thumbsup2)

20603378745_85c1179d23_b.jpg

When we left, it was STILL pouring rain!!

But whatever, it was the end of the night, we figured we could get soaked and have a little look around.

We went to the World of Disney store to get our FREE $150 gift card (thanks Disneyworld.disney.go.com), and I bought a cute little white castle ornament (photo later!)

Then we went over to the Marketplace Co Op, and I absolutely FELL IN LOVE with the Disney Centerpiece section, where all the Adventureland merch is.

I looked for some of the little trash can salt and pepper shakers but they were sold out (as they were for the whole trip) :sad:

Then we went over to the pin trading store and browsed for a minute or two,

BUT WE COULDN’T CONTAIN OUR EXCITEMENT FOR THE RICE KRISPY TREATS.

So to Goofy’s Candy Company, we went.

Here’s what I ordered:

(Mickey Krispy Rice Treat, dipped in milk chocolate, covered in dark and white chocolate chips and drizzled with white chocolate.)

19982483333_32eb6ff35f_c.jpg

And here’s Jamies:

(Mickey Krispy Rice Treat, dipped in white chocolate, covered in mini M&Ms and drizzled with milk chocolate.)

20577109826_c51bfa117d_c.jpg

They make them right there in front of you!

20415366898_1d7fe5f415_b.jpg

19982482143_6cc7ee9d24_b.jpg

20415366148_908bc9d959_b.jpg

I HAVE DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN!

20603349655_10660c4a9d_b.jpg

I’m just in love this entire store!
(I’m 5 years old.)

20415385070_7d847c8c8e_c.jpg

20415365228_f71957dee7_b.jpg

This is made of Jelly Beans!

20415365038_32c9ec14e6_b.jpg

20609968971_2ccdfd8e2c_b.jpg

20577107036_34a64aa460_b.jpg

SO GOOD.

We took our treats out into the rain and headed back to the bus stop.

20594400102_69643270fd_b.jpg

20594334452_f796d3e1d4_b.jpg

Luckily there was a bus right there waiting for us.

On the bus ride home, Jamie and I were talking about how his right foot was hurting, and my left foot hurt.

Jamie then came up with the idea that, for the rest of the trip, we should strap our two bad legs together to make one good leg.

o_O

The image of us doing three-legged-race-style walking around Disney was too funny!

I think we were delirious.

We got back to the Beach Club at around 9:30pm and got our treats out straight away, obviously.

19982479683_27ac0d568c_b.jpg

20577188576_dfdfeec380_b.jpg

20610052381_499a71032a_b.jpg

Don’t worry, I did not eat the entire thing in one sitting!! The Mickey treats last me quite a few days :thumbsup2

I also got my little castle out to have a look at. :love:

19982478993_62468ac195_b.jpg

And we fell asleep watching what any Disney fan would watch at Disney World.

Breaking Bad.

Last day at the Beach Club tomorrow!! :sad:

*End of Day 6*

Click for Day 7, Part 1!

Last edited:
Right?! Living with the Land is strangely compelling :goodvibes I've been looking into the Behind the Seeds tour they do there, I bet that's fun :thumbsup2:goodvibes[/QUOTE]

I've looked into that one. It does look very interesting. After living with the land I want to know how to grow a Mickey shaped watermelon. One tour I really loved is the Keys to the Kingdom tour at MK. It is long tour but informative, inspiring, and gives you insight to the whole operations of Disney World. If you ever make your way to the west coast and Disneyland, take the Walking in Walt's Disneyland footsteps. Walking into Walt's apartment and listening to the history is amazing.

I love funnel cake, sorry you had a bad experience. I think the chocolate sauce is what makes it wayyyy too sweet. Try it with just plain powdered sugar next time.

Last edited:
Awww man sorry the rain made for a wet day :sad2: Sounds like ya'll definitely make the best of it though! Congrats on braving your fear of sharks at the aquarium!:cheer2: I'm actually with you on the funnel cake isn't that awesome bandwagon. Especially when drizzled in chocolate sauce :crazy2:. I love your Christmas pickle! That was actually a tradition in our family growing up since we have some German heritage. Both my sister and I got really good at finding the pickle ornament on Christmas morning :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter