Oh It's A Jolly Holiday With Katie! - Beach Club / Grand Floridian

Your photo after KRR sums up my exact feelings on being wet at a theme park. I hate it! My DH made me go on Bilge Rat Barges at Universal, first ride we went on (against my better judgement!). I had to buy new clothes to carry on the day!

You got some great photos, makes me wish we spent longer at AK when we went, but it was just too hot. Next time!

Um, yeah, so... kinda have no issue whatsoever with Stacey quotes. All day, every day!! :lovestruc

Oh Yes, Animal Kingdom is ALWAYS about a billion degrees hotter than anywhere else on the planet. Scientifically proven.

GIRAFFES!!!! Best land animal EVER!!! (and second overall only to dolphins). At least in my world.

OK, SERIOUS Bonus Points for the It's Always Sunny reference. :thumbsup2

Awwww, lovely meet wth the Jungle Book crew. Baloo is absolutely huge, but oh so sweet.

I hate to say this because you never really know for sure, but I really believe that many people in Disney have what I'll call "Selective English". Which means they only speak and understand English when it suits them. This whole family in the Everest line seems really shady to me.

But... MY MOUNTAIN!!!!!! How I love thee Everest!!

It has been ages since I rode Kali. You should feel fortunate to be the object of the drenching. Ok, maybe not. It's funny though that when it happens to me, as much as I hate it, I still always feel a sense of accomplishment walking out completely soaked. Like I actually did something. :laughing:

:laughing: Aw I know how much you love Stacey! I would quote her all day if I could.. But I don't.. Because no one here at home would have a clue what I was talking about :rotfl: I wonder if she's ever been spotted in the parks?!

Yaaay, and Bonus Points to you for knowing the Always Sunny reference!!! :thumbsup2 We don't actually have it over here, it's just one of those obscure shows that's on British Netflix that nobody has heard of.. I LOVE it though, Jamie and I quote it all the time :lmao: and I just got my best friend to start watching it too! Dennis is one of my favourite TV characters ever (alongside Lucille Bluth from Arrested Development).. He is definitely living a double life as a serial killer..!! :rotfl:

Aww I know, Baloo is so cute!! Jamie isn't really interested in meeting the characters, he usually hangs back and takes photos, but he was so excited to give Baloo a big bear hug!!! :love:

Ha I feel the exact same about the "selective English". I would've been really annoyed if I had been queuing for ages. Thankfully we got on the same train, so it was only mildly infuriating :thumbsup2

Hahah, I definitely don't feel any sort of accomplishment when I get soaked!! I hate walking around in wet clothes, and when my hair is left to dry out in the Orlando sun it ends up looking like this guy --> :crazy::rotfl:
But it's all in good fun really :thumbsup2

I love hitting up Animal Kingdom early in the day! You can get so much done by the time crowds start to thicken a little.

I do think the safari is probably best in the morning time. The hotter it gets out, the trickier it is to get that many great shots. But I think that lion picture is good! We've had some hard times with that lazy guy, laying up there on his rock.

We did the trail for the first time in May and encountered a really soulful looking gorilla. He seemed like he was contemplating the meaning of life, no kidding.

We have, however, yet to meet King Louie and Baloo. Probably because neither of us was ever particularly attached to the Jungle Book as kids (I don't even remember watching it with how long ago it must have been) but we should probably take the time to stop by at least once. After all, Baloo is a bear, and Disney bears are the best huggers, so obviously we should find out if he measures up!

Ugh, annoying people. I feel so bad for Cast Members that have to deal with so many of them on a daily basis. And although I'm sure in many cases, it is true that they don't speak or understand English, I have a feeling there are also times when they conveniently forget they do know it. Honestly, that would be my motivator to learn another language sometimes!

But, Expedition Everest is the best. After our last trip, I established it's my favorite Disney coaster. Although I'm a chicken and have yet to see the Yeti because maybe, just maybe, my eyes are closed.

I love those AK flags! They're the AK equivalent to MK balloon bouquets.

Yikes, bug bite! That seems pretty bad, too. I mean, it's Florida, of course there's gonna be bugs, but I'd prefer to just have the knowledge without experiencing it first hand.

I'm definitely with you on Kali River Rapids. I don't mind that kind of a ride if I'm in a water park, in a bathing suit. Getting my clothes wet? Nuh huh. I hate it. So the one time we rode it, we did it the easy way and wore ponchos. And we're not particularly inclined to wearing it again, either.

Those bats are such show offs. And those birds have such fancy houses. Of course, some of them are very fancy birds.

Thank you! I was happy with the lion photo too, I don't think I have ever seen him walking around!

I know what you mean, I wouldn't be surprised if the gorillas have a kind of human level of consciousness, they always look so thoughtful!!

Yes, you should DEFINITELY make time for a hug from Baloo!! He's a great hugger. In my own opinion, the only character that gives a better hug is Sulley from Monsters Inc :sulley::thumbsup2 However, meeting Russell and Dug from Up is high on my list for Animal Kingdom this year, Dug looks like he gives a great hug!!! :dogdance:

I agree, although annoying tourists can bug me, I just think about the poor Cast Members who have to deal with them ALL the time..! And yes, it would be so great to be able to tell them off in their native language :rotfl:

Yeahh we were prepared for mosquitos and other little bugs, but this thing was like a giant beetle or something, it all happened to fast, both of us only really saw a huge black blur .. I have NO idea what it was!!

I will definitely be wearing my poncho if I am ever dragged onto Kali again :rotfl: We had bought really cheap ponchos from back home, they made us really hot and they stuck to our skin :crazy2: so I just thought "nahh, it won't be me that gets soaked.." :sad2::sad::laughing:

I'm counting down the days too. It's so far away though so at least we can make reservations until it's time! :smooth:
I haven't been to food and wine either! We specifically planned the trip for it, and it ended up starting at the end of our trip but I'm not complaining. I'm so excited! :drinking1
I may end up doing a pre-trip report just to pass the time!

YES - I'm already looking forward to ADR day!!! I started off saying "I'll only make 4 or 5 ADRs.." ... Now I have about 10! I'm getting wayyy too excited :rotfl:Food and Wine is going to be a hoot! I've watched a couple of YouTube videos of last year's, it looks so much fun, and super busy! You might see me trying to eat on the floor somewhere :laughing:

First, you got so many great pictures of Animal Kingdom! It really is a stunning park.

I love going on the safari early in the morning! Those darn hippos never seem to cooperate, but I really like your lion picture!

Ah, Everest. :lovestruc I hope Fastpass+ doesn't impede my ability to ride it more than once! I adore that ride!

I'm not a big fan of Kali, either - I haven't been on it since our family trip in 2005. Granted, if it's hot enough in May/June, I may consider it! ::yes::

What a bummer about Jamie and the gigantic bug. I hope that doesn't come back to bite him (ha!) later in the trip!

Thank you! Animal Kingdom is amazing, you can tell the imagineers really did their research :thumbsup2

I love Everest so much. Even if you experience some longer wait times, I think it's definitely worth it :goodvibes

I guess that is the one perk of Kali, a little relief from the heat!! Still, I'd rather just sit in the shade for a while :laughing: I had denim shorts on too, so they took forever to dry! :sad2:

Thankfully the bug bite got better as the day went on, I really thought we were going to end up at the first aid center though!

Love your Animal Kingdom day so far! Bummed we couldn't fit it into our trip. The safari pics are great and you got some great photo pass shots as well. Sorry you got soaked!

Thanks so much! :goodvibes And the fact that you couldn't fit it into your trip means you HAVE to go back to WDW at some point, right?! :thumbsup2:laughing:

Loved the Stacey comments! Pink helped!
And wow - those bats really are exhibitionists :rolleyes1 - they're usually quite discreet and well wrapped up - perhaps they needed an airing....:confused3
I discovered a new found love for Expedition Everest on my last trip to WDW, although my daughter wasn't so keen - she was just tall enough to ride but before we'd left the first curve of track she'd decided it was a bad idea....not so much a thrill ride as a therapy session :rotfl:
Kali gets a big thumbs up from me - a soaking is good fun, but laughing at others unexpectedly getting a soaking....now that's funny! :rotfl2:

:laughing: The bats just make me feel downright uncomfortable !! I didn't know where to look :rotfl: Do they not know that Disney is a family place?!!!

I'm glad you found love for Expedition Everest, it's a great ride! One of my favourites :goodvibes hopefully your daughter warms to it, I'll admit, I screamed SO loud the Yeti animatronic! It is pretty traumatising :lmao:

Haha, well I guess I agree and disagree.. Kali gets a big thumbs down for me, particularly when I get soaked, but watching other people get soaked... you're right, that's ALWAYS hilarious! :rotfl2:

Yay! So happy to see that you updated. :banana:

That gorilla is the best thing ever. I can't wait to see the Safari and the trails. I think those are our only must-do's at AK. If we only do that I'll be happy.

The hippos didn't cooperate but I love that photo of the lion.

Thank you for including all the pictures you take of the little details. I'm going to try to make a point of noticing that stuff while I'm there because after all:

See what I did there? Your TR has inspired me to add some appropriate images and gifs along the way. I'm practicing for my TR I'm planning for after we get back. I obviously need more practice. ;)

Your Sunny gif and Jamie going on about Trench foot and malaria had me :rotfl:

I'm sorry he got stung. My DS is like that with bites, they swell like crazy. He got a mosquito bite once near his eye and it made his eye swell so much I took him to the ER. We give him Benadryl right away now if he gets stung. This has me thinking I should make sure I have bug spray for the parks.

Colleen, it made me so happy to see this big Ferris Bueller quote in these comments! Brilliant, and a great quote too :thumbsup2 And kind of appropriate for my Animal Kingdom day, since he's the voice of Simba too :goodvibes

I love all of the animal exhibits too :goodvibes Definitely make sure you watch the gorillas for a while! This guy was sat still for quite a while, but then he got up and leaned right over to take a drink, like in the picture I got. He was so cute!

No no, you got the picture thing perfect!!! That's great, I love adding little gifs here and there, I think it adds a bit more fun :goodvibes

So glad you got the Always Sunny reference! As I just said to Rob when I replied to his comment, we don't have It's Always Sunny over here, but it's on our UK Netflix. Not many people have seen it but Jamie and I know the whole show back to front! Not a day goes by where we don't quote it :lmao:And yes, Jamie will always joke about how broken or sick he is, but I think he's half serious! I was surprised he didn't want to go to first aid.. Too much Disney excitement I guess! Like a kid who doesn't want to go to bed :rotfl: Oh my goodness, a bite near the eye doesn't sound good, I hope he was ok! Yeah maybe take some bug spray, we've always been pretty luckily, but I've heard there can be a lot of mosquitos sometimes :goodvibes

Hi Katie!
The flags that are hanging all over Asia are Tibetan Prayer Flags. Tibetan Buddhists hang these flags for happiness, long life and prosperity and so these feelings can be carried to others when the wind blows. They really are beautiful!

That's so cool, thanks for sharing! :goodvibes

Just stumbled onto your trip report, and I love your writing style, makes me feel like I am there too. Can not wait to read about your adventures!

Hey! :welcome: and thanks so much!!

Yay for Stacey quotes!

Ankole Cattle - Maleficent of the cow world!..BRILLIANT! :worship:

What movie is your gif from with the ostrich?! I can't think of it:scratchin

Wow, great zoom in shot of the lion! I'd say that's a definite success:thumbsup2

Cool, never noticed the hotel!

Oh my goodness, love your shirt!

King Louies hand in your picture looks like he's trying to grab for something other than a bunch of bananas! :rotfl:

Did you quote an esurance commercial?! :rotfl2:

What the heck?! I can't believe he got stung by a bug! The only bugs I know you get stung are over at ITTBAB! Poor guy.

That is EXACTLY why I will not ride Kali ever again. Unless it's like ridiculously hot, no line and we're about to go home.

TRENCH FOOT!!! DYING! :lmao::rotfl2:

:laughing: Right?! I feel like the Ankole cattle go around being nasty to other cows, casting spells on their calves.. Just being dirty dirty villains. :lmao:

The ostrich gif is from the TV show It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia! Jamie and I love that show :goodvibes

I am pretty happy with the lion picture, I'd love to see him walking around one day, or better yet, standing on top of that rock like Mufasa :thumbsup2

Thanks! The shirt was from H&M a couple of years ago, they do some really cute Disney stuff sometimes :goodvibes

Hahaha GIRL. You've ruined that picture for me now :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Haha apparently I did!! I've seen that somewhere before and that phrase just stuck with me :lmao: It felt very suitable for the situation!

I would agree about only doing Kali if we were about to go home, but we only use Disney transportation, and those buses can be FREEZING! I would not like to be soaking wet on that bus.. I'd end up looking like this..

hair3.jpg

(Yes, with a beard and everything) :rotfl:

Love the most recent updates! The pictures of you two outside Everest are great.

Thanks so much! :goodvibes:goodvibes

In shops where they are selling pins you can buy locking pin backs for those special pins you plan to keep forever. So sorry you lost a special pin.

I am catching up on your report today and just love your writing style! Thanks for sharing! Especially the Harry Potter stuff! We will be visiting on our next trip and are SO excited!!

That's so useful, thank you!! I never even considered that the backs could pop off, I should definitely get some locking ones. :goodvibes

Thank you! I'm glad you liked the Harry Potter stuff, it's so amazing! You will love it! :wizard:

Love the expression!! And the only thing wrong with KRR is that it isn't long enough! Maybe it's a guy thing? At least you cooled off so you don't have to worry about your face melting now! :jumping1:

Too true!!!! It did stop my face from melting :rotfl: Ughh, the worst part is getting your feet / shoes wet :crazy2: I thought I'd nailed it by wearing sandals, but even the small amount of cushioning on them got completely waterlogged. I think next time I'd much rather just stand on the bridge and press the buttons that activate the water canons :rotfl:

Your photo after KRR sums up my exact feelings on being wet at a theme park. I hate it! My DH made me go on Bilge Rat Barges at Universal, first ride we went on (against my better judgement!). I had to buy new clothes to carry on the day!

You got some great photos, makes me wish we spent longer at AK when we went, but it was just too hot. Next time!

Oh no! The Bilge-Rat Barges at Universal are SO bad!! Ripsaw Falls too, everybody get soaked! I don't blame you for buying new clothes, I would have too if it was first thing in the morning!

Well I guess everyone needs an excuse to go back to WDW! You didn't spend enough time at Animal Kingdom? Better book a whole new trip!!! (That's my philosophy anyway :lmao:) :thumbsup2

Day 5
(September 6th 2014)

Two Worlds, One Family!
Part 3 – Dinosaurs alive and well!

(Song for atmosphere!)

It was now around midday, and we (I) wanted to see the 1pm showing of Finding Nemo the Musical, so we rolled around to the nearby Restaurantosaurus for some lunch.

19527594260_af22bef67d_b.jpg

It was (as Animal Kingdom always is) hotter than the sun, but for some reason, we decided to sit outside.

We’re Brits, what can I say.
We spend the other 350 days out of the year in the cold wind and rain...
WE JUST LOVE THE SUN.

We both had a bacon cheeseburger.

19094680363_d6abcc51cf_b.jpg

It was kinda OK.. Kinda sorta REALLY salty..
To be completely honest, looking at this burger picture just reminds me of how SCORCHING hot it was..
And eating a salty meal was not ideal. (POET.)
It’s making my mouth feel dry.

ANYWAY.

While we were eating, we heard someone at the next table tell a joke:

“What do you call a patronising criminal going down an escalator?

A condescending con descending.”

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

We both literally LOL-ed along with this family of strangers next to us.

(We’re easily amused.)

We gave them our approval:

19094613893_9bba67766c_o.gif

I was SO excited to see Finding Nemo the Musical, as soon as we finished eating we headed round to the theatre (passing Pluto and Goofy in their adorable wildlife outfits!)

19527548228_9566299b06_c.jpg

We had fastpasses, which was a good decision I think.

I had heard a lot of mixed opinions on the DIS boards about getting fastpasses for shows.

I liked it though. We were let into the theatre earlier, which was definitely a benefit. We got good seats in the center of the second section. It’s a really immersive theatre where, at times, things are happening all around the room, so this was great place to sit.

19715559165_d95c971334_b.jpg

(As a Disney community I’m sure many of you already know this, but for those who don’t…)
FUN FACT!
Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez, who wrote the music for Frozen, also wrote the music for Finding Nemo the Musical!

I am obsessed with this show.

:fish:

“Take a look around you,
The ocean’s aliiiiiive!
In the big, blue world
It’s time for you to arrive!”

19527573270_4d8f30d743_b.jpg

This is what I mean when I say it’s an immersive theatre.
The actors and puppets move all around the room!

19527656420_990df8de8a_b.jpg

Looks like Dory's been drinking too much ocean water..

19527524228_68e66d598f_b.jpg

19715611825_0954360d8e_b.jpg

19529026979_8e2c360095_b.jpg

“Don't be a high-strung fellow
Kick back and keep it mellow
Woah woah woah
Go with the flooooow!”

19527562550_360352894a_b.jpg

19708390222_d8d15bca94_b.jpg

19094759823_d1f1ba9242_b.jpg

19527645018_cd93ddfa03_b.jpg

19720282311_166289ee0d_b.jpg

:fish:

Seriously though, WHEN is this show coming to the West End?!

I love it SO much!

This was me the whole way through:

19092956084_ab99a3dd97_o.gif

Initially Jamie was concerned about it being around 35 minutes long, but he ended up enjoying it too. He still breaks out into song occasionally!
(Our faves are Big Blue World and Go With the Flow, OBV.)

It is a long show, and it can be difficult to fit it into plans, but as I keep mentioning, it was particularly hot today, so sitting in the air conditioning from 12:45 - 1:30pm was a good way to spend that time of the day. :thumbsup2

I got the perfect souvenir…

19708365702_0ff495ef95_b.jpg

Amazing!

I made my purchase and we walked back around to Dinosaur, which was posted as a 0 minute wait!

AT 1:50PM ON A SATURDAY AFTERNOON.

I attempted to get a photo of this momentous occasion, but obviously it came out like this:

19527519620_dc01681332_b.jpg

WHY DOES THAT HAPPEN.

19689316576_dacaeb6ce5_b.jpg

Dinosaur is really fun.
But I think I actually prefer the pre-show to the ride itself.
I don’t know, I just find it funny.

19094605393_703ea2a698_b.jpg

Don’t worry guys, we got out before the meteor broke the atmosphere.

And what better way to celebrate than with a Mickey’s Ice Cream Sandwich, and a Mickey’s Premium Bar!?

19689308226_86980cd0f5_b.jpg

These seem really vintage to me, they were definitely around when I was a kid!

I always loved the ice cream sandwich, even though it is IMPOSSIBLE to eat without making a complete mess.

Seriously, has anyone EVER eaten one of these without getting it all over your face / down your shirt ?!

See, I got it out of the packet and it was already broken.

19708335312_a71196089d_c.jpg

You can guess how it went..

19094620613_c0b4985cb3_o.gif

:mickeybar

Click for Day 5, Part 4!

Last edited:
Day 5
(September 6th 2014)

Two Worlds, One Family!
Part 4 – Cows, pigs, goats and yetis.

We wanted to go check out Rafiki’s Planet Watch so we headed back towards Africa, but Expedition Everest had a non-existent line so we went in search of the Yeti first.

We got the front row, and it was SO GOOD!

I love these photos.

19529653949_b161d53732_b.jpg

19690070306_0c7975eae6_b.jpg

19709089322_00df1aed69_b.jpg

19709086172_48ff2e6108_b.jpg

You get such a great view from Expedition Everest.

Here’s a photo of Epcot, the Swan and Dolphin, and in the foreground is Coronado Springs resort (I think).

19093678734_124fb5d341_b.jpg

19709081432_3917273452_b.jpg

We continued around to Harambe station, but on the way I GOT A BUG BITE ON MY FOOT.

:sad:

It was nowhere near as bad as Jamie’s, but it itched a lot.

Today, we did not like bugs.

19716260455_b088d40629_b.jpg

We made it up to Planet Watch at around 3pm.

19720840101_21d3e6c73e_b.jpg

We went straight over to see the animals, and we stayed there for about half an hour!

19529623039_1c3a1fe55b_b.jpg

There are goats, pigs and sheep free to roam about as they please.

How cute is this goat! :lovestruc

19709062312_831f4b5366_b.jpg

There was also a cow separate from the other animals, who Jamie took a particular liking to.

He really wanted to be friends with this cow…

19093651984_a81a6de6ac_b.jpg

And I befriended a pig!

19529606709_6c55599539_b.jpg

…Until his front legs fell off.

19528178068_f9e85f7667_b.jpg

:rotfl:

19690009476_da9c0f6ea5_c.jpg

19528197660_049683eedc_b.jpg

This guy was still chewing the gate!

19093617664_50ed55329b_b.jpg

Jamie couldn’t keep away from the cow, and eventually he came over to say hi!

Jamie was over the moon.

19709018062_40e23403a6_b.jpg

19689988226_b04edb833b_b.jpg

This was a really fun, quiet place to hang out, and we loved petting the animals.

We washed our hands and went inside to see where the research and veterinary procedures take place.

19528128478_17f89dcf26_b.jpg

Jamie decided to take a bath.

19708995652_6674194d0f_b.jpg

I know, I’m hilarious.

I didn’t really take any pictures inside and I’m not sure why.

This place was really interesting. There were all sorts of little bugs and snakes, as well as the labs and surgeries.
I think we were both pretty averse to bugs by this point, maybe that’s why I wasn’t in a rush to take any photos!

We did bump into Rafiki though!

19093602904_66d73ecf18_b.jpg

On the way back to the train we spotted this sign…

19093583544_47c43674e4_b.jpg

HA!

THEY HAVE A FUNNY WAY OF SHOWING IT.

We came back down to Harambe, and intended on going back to Everest for one last ride before we headed home.

But somehow we ended up going completely the wrong way.

19689957796_9d6238d488_b.jpg

19689953156_9ea203a1d2_b.jpg

Coincidentally, right by where we realised we were on the wrong trail, we found some fastpass kiosks, and sure enough, there were fastpasses available for Everest right now!

So it wasn’t a total loss.

19093594314_05de5a3efa_c.jpg

Click for Day 5, Part 5!

Last edited:

You know Katie, I'm the same way. Hotter than heck yet when I'm on vacation I want to be outside.

I am a big fan of eavesdropping, especially in Disney. You just never ever ever know what you'll hear.

"Looks like Dory's been drinking too much ocean water.." :rotfl2: You kill me.

ARGH Digital Ride Wait Signs!!!! Why are you so elusive??????

You got some fabulous photos on Everest.

I haven't been to Rafiki's planet watch in years! Of course, I don't really have any real desire to either. One thing I'm always curious about though. I don't know about the UK, but when returning to Canada we have to fill out customs forms and one question is "Did you visit a farm?" "Were you around Livestock?". I wonder if you have to mark yes if you visit Rafiki's planet watch?? :scratchin

HAHA I always feel like Olaf melting when I'm at AK. It's just so hot there! But I also like using "my face just melted" when awesome things happen, I may have to work that into conversation more often!

Your animal pictures are all great!! And I love your Mickey tank top!

I feel soooo bad that Jamie got bit but I still cracked up at his tombstone.

Your comment about sitting outside because you're in the rain all the time made me laugh, I'm from New England and we're currently under 3 feet of snow…it's been 0 degrees Fahrenheit every single day…so in conclusion I will never complain about Disney heat again.

Rafiki's Planet Watch looks fun and I love your pic with Rafiki!

So glad you got the Always Sunny reference! As I just said to Rob when I replied to his comment, we don't have It's Always Sunny over here, but it's on our UK Netflix. Not many people have seen it but Jamie and I know the whole show back to front! Not a day goes by where we don't quote it :lmao:

Hey Katie. :wave:We love Sunny. Implications. ;) We also enjoy BBC shows on our Netflix. I just finished Peaky Blinders. Did that air in the UK or was that a Netflix show?

I love your pics and review of the Nemo show. I'm hoping we have time for a show when we're at AK. Should we do Nemo or FOTLK if we have the choice?

I think I'll have to ride EE on my own but I hope I can get the boys to do Dinosaur. It's not that scary, is it?

Love the petting zoo pics. I quit the vet program in college because of how smelly cows are. :lmao: What did Jamie think? :confused3

Hi Katie! I just joined in but wanted to say I am loving your TR so far! It is so much fun to read, you and Jamie seem to be having such a great time already - can't wait for more!!! :)
And also, I just have to say, you are adorable! Has anyone ever told you that you have the sweetest face and could be definitely be Alice, or Wendy or Ariel in a Disney Park? You would be perfect! ::yes::

I love the BC - it is one of my favorite resorts. Seeing all of your pictures and reactions to it makes me so happy and so excited to stay there again one day. :)

OH! And I LOVE your Eeyore backpack! I have one just like that, but its Minnie Mouse! :goodvibes

Also, I have to say that your story when watching Wishes and the girl that was sitting behind you - I was dying laughing!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: That is so funny and cute at the same time. I found it hysterical. I love moments like that at Disney:thumbsup2

Will be checking back for more, so happy I found your TR! :cool1:

-Alison :tink:

Hahaha girly you make me laugh so much! :rotfl2: we do say "loo"! "I'm just going to the loo.." :thumbsup2 I can't really think what we say differently off the top of my head.. I had to look it up, but all of these were funny! http://www.effingpot.com/slang.shtml :rotfl:

I'm so behind on updates!! But I just had to tell ya - I have totally been using the slang from that website! I live in south Texas, let's just say I have been getting some *** looks lately :laughing:

Loving all your Animal Kingdom pics!! It's funny, DAK used to be my least favorite park but I have definitely come to appreciate it more over my last couple of trips. And the last time we were there my son LOVED Rafiki's Planet Watch - they had this really cute scavenger hunt for the kids to do and he still has the little book he had to write all his answers in. Good times! But it is ridiculously hot! I mean, even when we went in January one year it's like Animal Kingdom was at least 10 degrees warmer than everywhere else. I am convinced there are heaters in the bushes :rotfl:

Jamie and that cow - so cute! Glad he finally got to pet his friend ;)

And I had to laugh when you mentioned about you and Jamie sitting in the sun to eat - when I worked at Disney back in '05 for the college program it was always startling to me when the British guests would come order hot tea when it was like, a million degrees outside. The first time it happened I am pretty sure I looked at them like they were nuts which I didn't mean to do at all! But I am from a state where it's hot like 8-9 months of the year so I couldn't believe they seemed to not only enjoy the heat but also wanted to drink hot tea in it :rotfl2:

Bug bites are the devil! Looks like a completely fun afternoon in spite of the pesky bites though. LOVE the pillow!

Love the report of the Nemo show. I was so so sooooo sad we weren't able to fit that show or the Lion King show in and they are number 1 on my list of priorities for next time.

Good luck on the getting lost/FP find!

Love your pic with Rafiki :)

:rotfl2:HOLY CANNOLI DID I DIE AT YOUR JOKE!! :lmao: I'm a sucker for jokes. I immediately texted it to DH at work

I totally love that show too. We didn't have time to see it this time unfortunately.

How does Dinosaur have a zero wait time?!:banana:

You guys must have some sweet blood, the bugs love you guys!

Aw, i'm SO bummed we didn't make it over to Rafiki's. I know DS would have really enjoyed petting the animals, but DH had no interest.:sad:

Yay Eeyore made an appearance on EE!

pixiedust:Oh wow I am so happy I found your TR! I have just spent the past little while reading it (other than page 8- my iPad and I had a huge fight over page 8 and it just does not not want to loan it for me! :( ) and I love your detail, pictures, and your joy for your trip! It so comes out!
You trip over brought back UK memories for me (spent a year of uni in Manchester) and I feel your pain over the chips/crisps issue - that took some getting used to for me for sure!
I think I saw some Jaffa cakes peaking out - yummy!

Loved the HP/Univeral update- I agree outrageous prices for cabs! Yes the RRC is crazy! It seems to go up for ages! I did skip thought the HP expansion section as hoping to get back to check it out.

Can't wait to read more!

I'm loving your report, the two of you are so cute and look like you have tons of fun :goodvibes

I'm also very interested to read about the lack of crowds as we're hoping to go for 2 weeks next year in late August :)

Really love and enjoy your photos and trip report! :cloud9:

Thank you!! I'm so glad you're enjoying it :goodvibes

You know Katie, I'm the same way. Hotter than heck yet when I'm on vacation I want to be outside.

I am a big fan of eavesdropping, especially in Disney. You just never ever ever know what you'll hear.

"Looks like Dory's been drinking too much ocean water.." :rotfl2: You kill me.

ARGH Digital Ride Wait Signs!!!! Why are you so elusive??????

You got some fabulous photos on Everest.

I haven't been to Rafiki's planet watch in years! Of course, I don't really have any real desire to either. One thing I'm always curious about though. I don't know about the UK, but when returning to Canada we have to fill out customs forms and one question is "Did you visit a farm?" "Were you around Livestock?". I wonder if you have to mark yes if you visit Rafiki's planet watch?? :scratchin

Haha I agree, I overheard some GREAT family dramas on this trip :rotfl: sometimes I just really want to tell people to go home and take a nap, like, YOU'RE ARGUING OVER A PRETZEL!!!

Errgh those digital wait signs :crazy2: it was literally posted at 0 minutes, that hardly ever happens right?! I just wanted to brag about being at WDW during the best time of year..!! :rotfl:

Thank you! I love taking pictures up there. Although I have to check a million times that the strap is around my wrist :laughing:

I don't really blame you for not having any desire to go up to Rafiki's, the animals aren't exactly exotic! But I love that they have the freedom to roam around :goodvibes Oh yeah, I never even thought about that!?! Maybe I'll ask the air stewardess next time.. "Excuse me, I petted a goat, please can I still come home?!" :lmao:

HAHA I always feel like Olaf melting when I'm at AK. It's just so hot there! But I also like using "my face just melted" when awesome things happen, I may have to work that into conversation more often!

Your animal pictures are all great!! And I love your Mickey tank top!

I feel soooo bad that Jamie got bit but I still cracked up at his tombstone.

Your comment about sitting outside because you're in the rain all the time made me laugh, I'm from New England and we're currently under 3 feet of snow…it's been 0 degrees Fahrenheit every single day…so in conclusion I will never complain about Disney heat again.

Rafiki's Planet Watch looks fun and I love your pic with Rafiki!

I'm glad someone else uses that phrase!! I've JUST realised whilst writing this out, I think I picked it up from the School of Rock movie?! At some point (I want to say during the end credits?) someone plays a 'face-melter' on the guitar and Jack Black is like "My face! You melted it off!" - or something?! And I just like to apply that to everything that is amazing :rotfl: We should definitely try to make it a real saying :thumbsup2

Aw thank you :goodvibes the top was from H&M a couple of years ago, they sometimes do some cute Disney stuff :goodvibes Haha Jamie's tombstone, he cannot stand to lose against me!!!

Oh no! Your weather sucks! Stay safe! We've had a lot of snow through Jan and Feb too, although no where near 3 feet!!! I don't mind it, until it gets trodden down to ice.. I am like Bambi trying to stand up on the frozen lake! Ugh get me back to Orlando :rotfl:

Hey Katie. :wave:We love Sunny. Implications. ;) We also enjoy BBC shows on our Netflix. I just finished Peaky Blinders. Did that air in the UK or was that a Netflix show?

I love your pics and review of the Nemo show. I'm hoping we have time for a show when we're at AK. Should we do Nemo or FOTLK if we have the choice?

I think I'll have to ride EE on my own but I hope I can get the boys to do Dinosaur. It's not that scary, is it?

Love the petting zoo pics. I quit the vet program in college because of how smelly cows are. :lmao: What did Jamie think? :confused3

Hahaha Dennis' face after he says this!!!

implication.gif

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: so funny!! We've been keeping up with the new season online because we just couldn't wait for it to come on Netflix, Charlie Work and the most recent one (episodes 4 and 6) were amazing!! :thumbsup2

Yes Peeky Blinders aired over here! I haven't got around to watching it yet, but my parents love it :goodvibes

Coleeeen you just asked me one of the most difficult Disney-related questions!! I LOVE both of the shows.. I guess Finding Nemo is all new music, so if you could only choose one maybe FOTLK would be better, since you guys could appreciate the classic Lion King songs?

:laughing: Dinosaur is kinda scary!!! I was scared of it as a kid, but I was scared of everything :rotfl:It is a really cool attraction though, I think once your boys have done it once they would be happy to do it again! But the first time is obviously the hardest, when you don't know what to expect!!

We both loved the petting zoo! I definitely think that Jamie will want to visit again this year. Errrgh yeah, they do stink!! That's so cool, but I'm not surprised you quit, I couldn't handle being around them all day :rotfl::crazy2:

Hi Katie! I just joined in but wanted to say I am loving your TR so far! It is so much fun to read, you and Jamie seem to be having such a great time already - can't wait for more!!! :)
And also, I just have to say, you are adorable! Has anyone ever told you that you have the sweetest face and could be definitely be Alice, or Wendy or Ariel in a Disney Park? You would be perfect! ::yes::

I love the BC - it is one of my favorite resorts. Seeing all of your pictures and reactions to it makes me so happy and so excited to stay there again one day. :)

OH! And I LOVE your Eeyore backpack! I have one just like that, but its Minnie Mouse! :goodvibes

Also, I have to say that your story when watching Wishes and the girl that was sitting behind you - I was dying laughing!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: That is so funny and cute at the same time. I found it hysterical. I love moments like that at Disney:thumbsup2

Will be checking back for more, so happy I found your TR! :cool1:

-Alison :tink:

Hi Alison! And :welcome: Thanks so much for your kind words, I'm so glad you're enjoying it! :goodvibes Aww thank you!! That's just about the biggest compliment you can give to a Disney fan! :rotfl: Being a Disney face character would be so amazing, I would love to be Wendy because Peter Pan would be so much fun to hang around with all day, plus I already have the British accent down! :thumbsup2

I'm glad you're enjoying the Beach Club pictures, I feel exactly the same, I look back at them and it makes me want to stay there again. Plus, I don't know if you heard, but they rooms are being / have been refurbished since I took these pictures in September, and they look even more beautiful now!!

I love that Eeyore backpack too! I'll definitely be taking it again this year :laughing: If your ticker is correct, you are going to Disney really soon right!?! So exciting!! You should definitely take the Minnie Mouse backpack ! :rotfl: Let me know if you get a trip report started! :goodvibes

I'm so behind on updates!! But I just had to tell ya - I have totally been using the slang from that website! I live in south Texas, let's just say I have been getting some *** looks lately :laughing:

Loving all your Animal Kingdom pics!! It's funny, DAK used to be my least favorite park but I have definitely come to appreciate it more over my last couple of trips. And the last time we were there my son LOVED Rafiki's Planet Watch - they had this really cute scavenger hunt for the kids to do and he still has the little book he had to write all his answers in. Good times! But it is ridiculously hot! I mean, even when we went in January one year it's like Animal Kingdom was at least 10 degrees warmer than everywhere else. I am convinced there are heaters in the bushes :rotfl:

Jamie and that cow - so cute! Glad he finally got to pet his friend ;)

And I had to laugh when you mentioned about you and Jamie sitting in the sun to eat - when I worked at Disney back in '05 for the college program it was always startling to me when the British guests would come order hot tea when it was like, a million degrees outside. The first time it happened I am pretty sure I looked at them like they were nuts which I didn't mean to do at all! But I am from a state where it's hot like 8-9 months of the year so I couldn't believe they seemed to not only enjoy the heat but also wanted to drink hot tea in it :rotfl2:

Your visit to Rafiki's Planet Watch sounds so cute, why wasn't I allowed to do a scavenger hunt ?! Haha, heaters in the bushes! :rotfl: That made me laugh, I wouldn't even be surprised !

Omg he LOVED that cow! I wanted him to come take a picture of me with some animals but he wouldn't leave that cow!!!!

GIRL I don't think I knew that you did the college program!?! That's amazing! How was it, and where did you work?!
Hahaa, I am a tea FREAK, I drink so much tea, but even I don't drink it in Florida!!
However, I don't know how you guys feel about this, but us Brits (well, Jamie and I at least) find your air conditioning, like, almost unbearably cold..!!! I would maybe drink tea if I was sitting in one of Disney's ice-palace restaurants!!!

Bug bites are the devil! Looks like a completely fun afternoon in spite of the pesky bites though. LOVE the pillow!

It was so much fun! Thankfully the bug bites weren't too bad, the Disney magic helped us to forget about them :goodvibes:wizard:

Love the report of the Nemo show. I was so so sooooo sad we weren't able to fit that show or the Lion King show in and they are number 1 on my list of priorities for next time.

Good luck on the getting lost/FP find!

Love your pic with Rafiki :)

Ahh yes, you should definitely try to see at least one of the shows at Animal Kingdom!! I love them both so much :goodvibes

I know! We didn't use the fastpass kiosks too frequently, I think just because we didn't know where they were, so we never actively went looking for them. But they were really handy when we came across them by accident!

:rotfl2:HOLY CANNOLI DID I DIE AT YOUR JOKE!! :lmao: I'm a sucker for jokes. I immediately texted it to DH at work

I totally love that show too. We didn't have time to see it this time unfortunately.

How does Dinosaur have a zero wait time?!:banana:

You guys must have some sweet blood, the bugs love you guys!

Aw, i'm SO bummed we didn't make it over to Rafiki's. I know DS would have really enjoyed petting the animals, but DH had no interest.:sad:

Yay Eeyore made an appearance on EE!

It's great isn't it !!!! I hope it brightened your DH's day at work :goodvibes

Aww well since you didn't get a chance to see Finding Nemo, you have an excuse to come back to WDW some time soon...! :thumbsup2

:laughing: I love that you've turned our bug bites into a compliment..!!! I actually feel better about them now, we obviously just have great blood..!! :rotfl::thumbsup2

Aww you should definitely try to take your DS up to Rafiki's Planet Watch next time, I bet he'd love it!

Yaay Eeyore was having the time of his life on Everest! :woohoo:

pixiedust:Oh wow I am so happy I found your TR! I have just spent the past little while reading it (other than page 8- my iPad and I had a huge fight over page 8 and it just does not not want to loan it for me! :( ) and I love your detail, pictures, and your joy for your trip! It so comes out!
You trip over brought back UK memories for me (spent a year of uni in Manchester) and I feel your pain over the chips/crisps issue - that took some getting used to for me for sure!
I think I saw some Jaffa cakes peaking out - yummy!

Loved the HP/Univeral update- I agree outrageous prices for cabs! Yes the RRC is crazy! It seems to go up for ages! I did skip thought the HP expansion section as hoping to get back to check it out.

Can't wait to read more!

Hey and :welcome: :goodvibes:goodvibes I'm so glad you're enjoying it! Oh that's so cool that you came over to Manchester for uni!! I've been to Manchester quite a few times, I love the Trafford Centre for shopping! And you definitely did see some Jaffa Cakes, I could eat a whole pack of them in one go :rotfl:

Yeah it was so expensive! This year we'll probably stick with the Mears shuttle, or maybe look into renting a car for a couple of days. Although neither of us have ever driven on the other side of the road, and we both drive stick-shifts (which I think are uncommon in the USA?) !! You should definitely try to check out Diagon Alley, it's incredible!

I'm loving your report, the two of you are so cute and look like you have tons of fun :goodvibes

I'm also very interested to read about the lack of crowds as we're hoping to go for 2 weeks next year in late August :)

Thank you!! We did have so much fun :goodvibes Late August sounds like a good time to go, we were there September 2nd - 16th, and I've never seen it so quiet! This Animal Kingdom day was actually a Saturday, believe it or not! That 0 minute wait at Dinosaur was around 1:50pm on a Saturday?! It was so strange!! I hope you get something similar this year!! We'll be there again for Food and Wine Festival from Sept. 22nd - October 6th, so we're expecting it to be a bit busier, but still, I don't think you can beat this time of year :thumbsup2:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter