Oh Florida! An East Meets West Girl's TR: 8/9 p56 & 8/17 p57

Yay for an update!

I remember that rain poncho - the entire thing fell apart.

OK - I think I have definitely lost weight since last year. I am going through a serious calorie tracking phase right now and its helping.

So your FP schedule reveals no explanation for why I have pictures for Soarin right after TT. Do we ride standby???? I'm so confused. Really.

I remember you jumping in the pool. It was seriously hot that day. All I could handle was the run to the health club and back. I never would have made it to DTD. Well, maybe now I could, but definitely not back then.

Your dark and stormy looks way cooler than mine.

Score on TT and Soarin'! Those are my 2 faves!

I think that Tin man's final resting place (LOL) looking thing is a Fairy House, decorative things that people put in gardens.

Looks like you had a great dinner at Via, I enjoyed it our meal there but we had really slow service, My dad had ordered just basic Spaghetti and Meatballs and Tim and I were almost finished eating before he even got his meal (Well I eat really slow and I held off so that I wouldn't be done).

Lovely run pictures! What a treat to start the day like that! :goodvibes

She really did a nice long run for the amount of heat that day. Notice that your truly did half of her workout INSIDE! ::yes::

Yay for the meet with Kat! :thumbsup2

Meeting Kat was great. I totally forgot about her pirate!

Score on TT and Soarin'! Those are my 2 faves!

I still can't figure out how we rode BOTH of those. Cynthia posted our FP's and we definitely had the FP for TT, not Soarin. Could we have done standby????

I think that Tin man's final resting place (LOL) looking thing is a Fairy House, decorative things that people put in gardens.

I am glad so many DISers recognized that as the tin man because I surely did not. But now it all makes sense. :rotfl2:

Looks like you had a great dinner at Via, I enjoyed it our meal there but we had really slow service, My dad had ordered just basic Spaghetti and Meatballs and Tim and I were almost finished eating before he even got his meal (Well I eat really slow and I held off so that I wouldn't be done).

That's ridiculous. There is no way you should have been served that far in advance. Your poor dad. That stinks. A couple other people commented about slow service. Every time I've been there I've ordered pizza, so clearly that have THAT down. Maybe they get slow on other entrees, but Spaghetti???? :faint:

One of the BEST things about our villa location was the proximity to the connector trail (via the golf course) to THV and SSR. We were literally, over the river and through the woods!
That would be really nice for a morning walk or run. Convenient!

I also needed a bit of shade and a bit of water. It was HOT out! And...my phone was ringing off the hook during the run. I don't recall what was going on back at home but it definitely involved kids schedules, carpools, buses and the like and long distance coordination was required.
Yuck. Sorry you had to deal with all the phone calls. That's a good way to ruin a nice morning of solitude. Hopefully everything was easily resolved.

What I know is this. When I got back, Mary Ellen was at the pool. I met her there. And literally took off my tank top (get your mind out of the gutter, I had a perfectly presentable sports bra on), shoes, socks and sunglasses and jumped right in the pool!
Not a bad way to cool off after a run.

Now, Kat and I were on a mission that had been agreed upon before the trip. It involved a certain drunken Dole Whip. I am fairly sure we all had one but Kat's photographed much better as she had the one with Myers and I think Mary Ellen and I opted for the coconut rum version. Mary Ellens picture shows that one. It was good but Kat's was better.

She had brought a friend along to oversee, and he approved.
Looks awesome!!!

Wonder if he will be there next year, or replaced by Olaf?
Maybe the rock trolls?

This is the view from the entrance to the temporary facilities they had set up. Which were actually pretty extensive.

I would love to know what Disney's budget for construction walls is.

However, as Mary Ellen noted, the skies opened up! I do have this shot once we made it to the IG and tried to wait it out a bit.

Yikes! That is quite the downpour.

What I do know is I had a burger (YUM), had a blast with Kat (lovely little goodies) and enjoyed giving her a very special pirates coverband. It was so great to finally meet her live!

You know I approve of both the burger and the DIS meet!:thumbsup2

Wonder if he will be there next year, or replaced by Olaf?

My money is on Olaf there.

Ah, all nice out now!

Much better! The gardens look gorgeous.

Yippie! All caught up again. WAY too much to comment on, so just wanted to let you know that I loved reading all about your day at Epcot and enjoyed all the photos.

MEK, I'm going to comment on your update first and then go back and read Cynthia's (with being so far behind, I'd forget what you wrote).

I think your pictures are pretty darn good inside of Nemo...it's really tough to get good ones in there.

We went in the Butterfly tent last week...we didn't stay long (a screaming child was giving me a major headache).

I can tell you that it's NOT Goody and the soccer ball this year.

Great pictures of the toparies.

I'm going to say Denny wore it once.

I FINALLY ate at Via Napoli. But you'll have to wait for that part of the TR to find out what I thought.

I'm sorry...but that wedding dress does NOT appeal at all. And they are very bright!

Great Illuminations pictuers as always.

Now to Cynthia's update. DTD/Disney Springs is still a total mess...just in different spots now (had a horrible cab ride there last week).

Yay for a jump in the pool to cool off.

Wow...that's a lot of rain. I love that MEK had her poncho with hood ready to go.

Love Beaches & Cream...glad you got there.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: a meet-up with Kat. Mark and I met her a few years ago. She is a sweetheart.

Great photopass pictures of you three gals.

That would be really nice for a morning walk or run. Convenient!

Yuck. Sorry you had to deal with all the phone calls. That's a good way to ruin a nice morning of solitude. Hopefully everything was easily resolved.

Not a bad way to cool off after a run.

Looks awesome!!!

Maybe the rock trolls?

I forgot about Cynthia's phone call drama. When you have school age kids at home that is bound to happen. It used to happen to me all the time. I even had the school call once because someone needed a late note. :faint:

It was HOT that morning!

I would love to know what Disney's budget for construction walls is.

Yikes! That is quite the downpour.

You know I approve of both the burger and the DIS meet!:thumbsup2

My money is on Olaf there.

Much better! The gardens look gorgeous.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: to the comment about the construction wall budget. Seriously!

Yippie! All caught up again. WAY too much to comment on, so just wanted to let you know that I loved reading all about your day at Epcot and enjoyed all the photos.

Welcome back!

Our day at Epcot was awesome! Glad you enjoyed all our photos! ::yes::

MEK, I'm going to comment on your update first and then go back and read Cynthia's (with being so far behind, I'd forget what you wrote).

:thumbsup2 Welcome back! Hope you had a fab trip! What am I saying? - of course you did!

I think your pictures are pretty darn good inside of Nemo...it's really tough to get good ones in there.

Thanks! Yup - between the dark and the movement it is definitely a challenge.

We went in the Butterfly tent last week...we didn't stay long (a screaming child was giving me a major headache).

It can be pretty darn hot in there in May, so between that and the screaming child I would be OUT!

I can tell you that it's NOT Goody and the soccer ball this year.

Soooooooooo - Can I have a hint of what it is? I don't think I've seen any pics yet.

Great pictures of the toparies.

Thanks!

I'm going to say Denny wore it once.

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding! You got it! ::yes::

I FINALLY ate at Via Napoli. But you'll have to wait for that part of the TR to find out what I thought.

Ugh - the suspense. I hope you liked it since I am always gushing about how good it is.

I'm sorry...but that wedding dress does NOT appeal at all. And they are very bright!

All that feathery stuff at the bottom of the gown would NOT be my first choice, but I think her shininess really did help pull it off. :laughing:

Great Illuminations pictuers as always.

Thanks! :goodvibes

Now to Cynthia's update. DTD/Disney Springs is still a total mess...just in different spots now (had a horrible cab ride there last week).

Yay for a jump in the pool to cool off.

Wow...that's a lot of rain. I love that MEK had her poncho with hood ready to go.

Love Beaches & Cream...glad you got there.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: a meet-up with Kat. Mark and I met her a few years ago. She is a sweetheart.

Great photopass pictures of you three gals.

That poncho totally ripped to shreds on me. I could see in that picture that I was just trying to keep the hood on my head so I didn't get soaked. :rotfl:

Loved meeting Kat - she really IS a sweetheart! :goodvibes

I really wanted to get a good picture of Crush, but once again, it is a tad sub par. Darn Crush, could you just slow down a little?

I think you got great shots actually!

IMG_0774_zpscd7n9le1.jpg

But this one is definitely the best of them all.

Oh love these. I'll take three of them please!

Absolutely gorgeous. Gah, I can't even imagine all the work the gardeners do. I think i'd need a few manicures to get all the dirt and soil out!:rotfl2:

DH would totally die over this photo op! He loves the Goofy Sports cartoon so this would be perfect for him.

On the other hand, for some reason he HATES white T-shirts.

Same with my DH!! He much prefers wearing those golf polos because they're airy and light and will only wear Disney shirts when I force him.

My DB, who has his own landscaping company would love this!

:faint: Heaven.

Here’s our hot…err, I mean cute little waiter.

Well hellooo, Federico.:wave2:

Her dress! :faint:

These are my fav that you got of them! Good work Paparazzo:thumbsup2

And literally took off my tank top

Oh my! :eek:

(get your mind out of the gutter, I had a perfectly presentable sports bra on)

Phew. How did you know where my mind was :rotfl:

Such a cute Jack! Where did she get it! And the drunken dole whip looks pretty fantastic!

Hello ugliest/cutest topiary in the World

P5148947.jpg

That's accurate :thumbsup2

Such a lovely shot!

I guess if you're really not a pizza fan (especially like the kind they make at Via) there is no sense going there. I just enjoy that pizza because sometimes that's what I really want on vacation.

Don't get me wrong! I would love to go out to Naples one night and just have a pizza, Fran just doesn't really get into it so it makes me sad. Sometime on one of my DISmeets, I'll have to find someone who wants to go there. They have the same pizza as Via Napoli.

Illuminations is definitely not for everyone. Honestly, it took me a few tries to really get into it. At first I really didn't see what all the fuss was about, but now I really like mostly because its in my favorite park - Epcot!

I really love that show too. She just never wants to stick around for it. On our canceled trip, she was going to leave after dinner, and Jim and I were going to go see the show.

I ran from OKW, to SSR and to DTD.

That's impressive! But then again it's you and you are awesome!

What I know is this. When I got back, Mary Ellen was at the pool. I met her there. And literally took off my tank top (get your mind out of the gutter, I had a perfectly presentable sports bra on), shoes, socks and sunglasses and jumped right in the pool!

Sounds like a good move!

I have zero pics of the walk or of our entry into Epcot. However, as Mary Ellen noted, the skies opened up! I do have this shot once we made it to the IG and tried to wait it out a bit.

Been there done that.

Now, Kat and I were on a mission that had been agreed upon before the trip. It involved a certain drunken Dole Whip. I am fairly sure we all had one but Kat's photographed much better as she had the one with Myers

I had the one with Myers since I don't like Coconut and it was very good!

The F&G offerings look really good. I guess it will be another year before I get back there to try them. :sad2:

Hi Mary Ellen I am desperately trying to catch up !!! I will be in Disney in about 3 weeks !!!:goodvibes:cool1::jumping3::jumping2:Meet with P &P tomorrow for all the details !! I have had so much Laptop trouble , and it had to be completely restarted, so I lost my pix that I had downloaded onto it , or at least I can't find them :rotfl2:

Playing catch up again! Love the bribe paparazzi shots! The food looks amazing.

Jill in CO

Hello ladies ! I haven't been on the boards in forever. Yet here I am, in desperate need of a vacation (yet I don't have one planned), and the next best thing is to read about someone else's vacation to my favorite place. Cynthia, since I love your TR's so much, you are the first person I searched for and I found this combined TR. How fun!

I haven't even read past the first page yet but wanted to say hello and that I'll be reading to get caught up soon.

Sushi #2

Sushi #3 (I think this is the California Roll)

Pretty sure I figured out your sushi, all of which look incredibly delicious. In the background of #1 is the California Roll, the foreground of #1 and #2 are the Fantasy Roll, and #3 is the Ninja Crunch.

I've been away from the DIS for a while, but I'm glad I found this TR, it looks like you had a great time.

Awww, you got to meet Kat! How absolutely fun is that!!?? Loved all your drink choices especially the Drunken Dole Whip! Wowza!! :)

The flowers in Norway are always so pretty! Nice shots there! Your tilapia looks suspiciously like a scallop with spaghetti squash?? Hmmmm....

Trying to keep my head above DISWaters... But it was great to read your update on this test eve. :)

Lovely morning run pictures. I'm sure if there wasn't all that construction at DTD it'd have been even nicer.
Can't blame you for jumping right into the pool after your run. That's the perk of being near one. Easy and fun way to cool off on a hot day.

The downpour that day at Epcot. Bleck. I am pretty sure that picture of the IG features myself and Alex in the background. We were the only people too chicken to run to the Beach Club.
I think you had a poncho on, too. But I can't remember.

I still can't believe nobody ordered ice cream at Beaches and Cream! Although, the adult Dole Whip is just as good. If not better in certain situations.

In fact, all your outdoor kitchen eateries look delicious.

I wanted to pop in and let you two ladies know that I've been reading along and am all caught up again. Of course, with our two week trip to Disney starting Friday, I'll fall behind again. UGH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter