Oh Florida! An East Meets West Girl's TR: 8/9 p56 & 8/17 p57

Well, thought I was all caught up and then you snuck in an update! I'll be back to read about Star Wars.

:chewy:

St. Michaels sure looks like a quaint little fishing village. At least until you start seeing the mansions on the river!

Thanks for the pictures of Ocean City- seaside boardwalks and amusement parks are such classic fun.

:goodvibes:

Rita in the Rain

I love the cool fountain shots at different shutter speeds.

And only you can make a picture of a garbage can in the rain beautiful. Love it!

Thanks for the margarita recommendations. I :blush: have not been to the Ditch- my husband and I don't drink much at home or on vacation, but I think a stop here is in order when I am visiting in August with my gal pals.

The jalapeno is my favorite with the cucumber being a close second. The Avocado is good, but its really thick, almost like a smoothy. Well, not that thick, but close. I like to drink clears and beers when I'm drinking alcohol, so I probably won't have the avocado again. :drinking1The pineapple and the original are also really good.

Chapel

Thanks for the tour of the GF. Again, this is another place at Disney I haven't been!

Reviews of the Grand Floridian Café are always great. Tempting.

Cute splash pool and fountain.

Sunset at Disney has got to be the most beautiful time there. Love your gorgeous chapel pictures!

::yes::

Your pictures of Longwood Gardens, as always, are spectacular!

I like Star Wars (not in a superfan sort of way). I would love to be at HS during Star Wars weekend. I think as much to see how into it other guests get.

Star Wars breakfast at the Sci Fi is just the perfect atmosphere. This would be a character meal my family would love.

So funny that you are so famous you are now scheduling meets with DISers husbands! You had a great day of meets!

:grouphug:

OK - this girl and her ear and stringy hair are REALLY getting on MY nerves!

I think I recognize her. Wasn't she wearing a witch hat during Wishes on one of your October trips?

;)

Hmmmm...did he make it for you or did his wife reject it? :scratchin

BWAHAHAHA!!!

:rotfl2:

The pictures of the gardens are gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous!

I am with you on the Star Wars knowledge....I don't have any. Hunter likes all of the movies and I can name a few characters but that's it. Yay for getting to meet fellow Disers and a Diser husband!

Caitlin wasn’t shy about posing with the wookies.

I WAS going to comment on how awesome all your photos are, as usual, but that is a Jawa. A JAWA. NOT a wookie. Does that look like Chewbacca to you?

Sheesh.

Seriosuly, MEK. This is unacceptable. And I'm sure Caitlin would agree.

I am with you on the Star Wars knowledge....I don't have any. Hunter likes all of the movies and I can name a few characters but that's it. Yay for getting to meet fellow Disers and a Diser husband!

It gets even more complicated now with the animated shows. I can't name any of the characters in "Rebels", and certainly can't recognize the voice actors!

o, heck, before I get to my “real” update, do you mind if I post a couple pictures from my winter excursions to Longwood Gardens. I say excursions because we have an annual pass and we went twice to see the Christmas display. These are pics from the first trip.
The Longwood Gardens are beautiful. I bet that is a popular place to go during Christmas time. :)

The next picture I have from breakfast is of the star war themed pastries. They were cute
but the taste was just average.
I love the Star Wars themed food. It all looks delicious but I guess there is only so much you can do with a pastry. ;)

Yup - our friend Mary Ellen (yes there actually IS someone else with the same name as me) sent me a FB message earlier in the trip to tell me her DH would be down later in the week with his sisters. I think it was someone’s birthday trip and HE wanted to meet a DISer. So she picked me. Not because I am a super DISer or anything like that, but because I was THERE.
You're just a popular Dis-er to meet. :)

Cynthia actually got into the mall (or the maul) in under the predicted time. We met up just in time to get a text from another one of my favorite DIS families.

This gang needs no introduction...

(I obviously put my Star Wars shirt back on for the occasion!)

As much as I loved meeting Caitlin’s family, I also loved meeting Danielle’s family. Such lovely people.

And the best part - we were going to see all our DIS friends that evening.
You really did have a lot of good Dismeets that day. :)

Is Cynthia just too busy to post or has she stopped posting on the Dis? I didn't know about the controversy until recently. After some digging around I found out why my list of watched threads had suddenly gotten a lot shorter. I'm glad that you decided to finish your TR.

So I think I am caught up on replies and I hope to do an update this weekend. Once again I have to apologize for getting behind on everyone's TRs. I am still struggling to maintain a presence on the DIS and it looks like Cynthia is MIA.

I am committed to finishing this TR, so please hang in there with me!

I am here!!!! Well I should be finishing up mine too but catch up then update... so I hope to get there too.

SWW NICE !!! The breakfast was tasty and a good experience but not out of this world. :rotfl2:

A few great DIS meets. Even with the hair you did manage to see the parade, something we missed.

Love the Longwood Gardens shots at Christmas. So pretty.

So, heck, before I get to my “real” update, do you mind if I post a couple pictures from my winter excursions to Longwood Gardens. I say excursions because we have an annual pass and we went twice to see the Christmas display. These are pics from the first trip.
Christmas in July! As always, great pictures.

Today there was a Disney first on the agenda - Star Wars Breakfast at Sci Fi! And the best part, you ask?

Well, DIS meet! Of course. Doh!
No disrespect to anyone else, but the ultimate Dis meet is Darth Vader.

Caitlin wasn’t shy about posing with the wookies.
Or the Jawas... :rolleyes1

And that’s all the pictures I have from breakfast because I was LAME and left my camera battery back in the room. I tried to use Cynthia’s camera, which I really liked because it was small and had some nice features, but her battery ended up being dead. It’s just that we didn’t know that at the time, because she was sure she had just charged it. But the camera wouldn’t work - not a lick. So secretly I was worried that I may have broken it. You have NO idea how relieved I was to find out it was simply a dead battery. Phew! Crisis averted!
Not a good morning for you guys and camera batteries! I'm glad you weren't the cause of the problems though!

Wait - THIS is Obi-wan?
The voice of Obi Wan in the cartoon series, I believe. As are the 2 girls you couldn't identify. At least I think they are, I'm not sure who the second one was.

Did we ride BOTH? YAYAYAYAYAY
I hope so! If you're gonna ride, those are 2 great choices!

Cynthia decided to stand in line for Darth’s mall (or maul), which I decided to walk around. The posted wait time was 45 minutes just to get in and I am really not that big of a Star Wars groupie, so I passed.
I like Star Wars, but I can't think of any kind of store I'd wait 45 minutes to get into. :crazy2:

I'm glad Dugette chimed in with who the unknown celebrities were. It saved me having to look them up. Ashley Eckstein also designs clothing and jewelry that they sell during the festival.

Breakfast looked good, but from what I understand it was never about the food, but more so the character interactions. Glad you got some good pictures.

People are crazy about the parade, so I'm not surprised you had an ear and strands of hair in your pics unless you staked out a spot hours in advance. It's all about priorities and yours were on DIS meets and having fun, clearly not waiting in lines.

Yay for getting on both ToT and RnRC! Fun morning and you're just getting started!

IMG_6437_zpsjamfnh6y.jpg

Uh, can someone please come over and recreate this for my Holiday table?! PLEASE?!:eek::faint::cloud9:

Seeing you two in coats, really makes me miss cold weather right about now:sad2:

These look fabulous! Too bad they didn't taste that good.

Flash back - this was when Caitlin was getting ready to enter the college program. She is a full fledged CM now. Way to go!

I've seen pics of her on others threads but don't know her, but Congratulations Caitlin!

I love your shirt.

And see that cool bag I am holding - he gave me that and even did the painting/stenciling himself. He’s very talented.

That is so cool! And in Disney Font?! :cloud9:

OK - this girl and her ear and stringy hair are REALLY getting on MY nerves!

Did we ride BOTH? YAYAYAYAYAY

And we got our picture taken. Wait - did we change?????

These three comments made me LOL! :rotfl2::rotfl:

A lightsaber in a drink?! Too cool.

I haven't met Popadon yet, but Danielle and her mom are so, so nice! :goodvibes

So I think I am caught up on replies and I hope to do an update this weekend. Once again I have to apologize for getting behind on everyone's TRs. I am still struggling to maintain a presence on the DIS and it looks like Cynthia is MIA.

I am committed to finishing this TR, so please hang in there with me!

Yes, I have been MIA. Completely, totally, utterly. I suck! Lost my mojo that's for sure. June sucks the life out of me every year. I have selective memory and forget just how brutal it is, until I am in it. I will get updates up though, I promise. I am not at all sure I can get everything up to meet your goal of finishing before your august trip but I can definitely try.

I guess our pic is on our Photopass CD that I still haven’t uploaded to photo bucket. I know - I’m a loser, but I was depending on Cynthia and she isn’t updating anymore. And I have some serious space issues - both on photo bucket and my hard drive.

I do have them! And they are actually uploaded to PB.

I can tell you this, while mine may have had that cool light up light saber while hers had some kind of floating death star, her drink was tastier than mine. They were both sort of expensive and I did keep my light saber for a while, but I have since lost it. Boo!

I do still have my death star, I have to admit. And a picture of the drink (and I think even what both are called, a pic of the menu). I have a TON of pics from this day.

I am sorry for being so lame.

I didn't know Sci Fi had Star Wars themed breakfast. Cute. And how fun that you got to turn it into a big DISmeet. That's a fun way to spend time with DISers.

We must've just missed each other at DHS that afternoon. I watched the 3 o'clock parade at MK and then headed over to DHS to meet Danielle. Speaking of, great PP shot of you guys. You were getting lots of DISmeets in that day. I love that a DISer's husband wanted to do one, even without her there. Too funny.

You see some crazy sights at SWW. Your pictures definitely prove that!

Love your pictures from Longwood Garden.

What a fun looking day!
SWW looks amazing. The dress-ups, the characters....what a great experience.

Glad you had DisMeets planned. It's always great to meet people in real life.

Is Cynthia just too busy to post or has she stopped posting on the Dis? I didn't know about the controversy until recently. After some digging around I found out why my list of watched threads had suddenly gotten a lot shorter.

A bit of both. June was insanely busy with basically zero free time on the weekends, May had travel and events on the weekends and lately that's been my posting time. Combine that with months of major computer issues, fighting with photo bucket and then the drama over here (not on this thread but in general of course)...my motivation went out the window.

A bit of both. June was insanely busy with basically zero free time on the weekends, May had travel and events on the weekends and lately that's been my posting time. Combine that with months of major computer issues, fighting with photo bucket and then the drama over here (not on this thread but in general of course)...my motivation went out the window.
It is perfectly understandable that you would be very busy the last two months. :) I think that the busiest times of my life was when kids were in high school and involved in lots of things. Add that to work and your own activities and I'm sure you find that days fly by quickly. :)

Loved the Garden pix I looked at them with Kyle who said "Those a rally good pictures is she a professional" The Star Wars pix are great, we had that breakfast a few days before you!!!!It was good , nice selection of courses !!!I have finally loaded a few of my Jun iney pix and am doing a mini TR within my Rosie Roams for 2015 .

I hope everything calms down for you and that you get some mojo back for the Dis.

Gorgeous Longwood pictures! :) I haven't gotten there in a few years :(

Oh my goodness was it HOT during that time. Mom and I went to DHS and totally missed the SW stuff, we were so hot we couldn't stand it.

But I love seeing all your pictures of stuff we missed. And the Sci Fi breakfast looked pretty cool, too bad it wasn't fantastically delicious.

And lots of fun Dismeets :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter