Oh Florida! An East Meets West Girl's TR: 8/9 p56 & 8/17 p57

Well, then get thee to a gift shop!

This trip I am getting some new mugs. I totally need them! ::yes::

We're just weird in countless other ways.:thumbsup2

:rotfl2:

Wow! Go buy a lottery ticket!

Seriously - I should have, but that would have cut into precious vacation time!

:scared1: I guess it's better there than under Spaceship Earth or something.

Once again, spoke like a true civil engineer!

Nice pictures from you run and your veranda. It looks like you had a great morning with Rosie, Carol, Pat and Marv. I love all the bright colors of F&G. I can't wait to see it again. So many pretty pictures! Very nice group pictures too.

Thanks! It was a great morning and I'm glad we were all able to get together again before they went home. I love our group pics!

Good luck with the race this weekend!

Thank you! :goodvibes

I love that area at OKW. We've stayed in South Point several times and have really enjoyed the quiet pool there and the proximity to the trail. We're requesting it again when we head back in a few weeks.

Is that what the area is called? I couldn't remember, but I loved it there. It was a perfect location and that quiet pool was awesome.

A few weeks? YAYAYAYAYAY! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

That's so funny about Denny refusing to ride single-rider...maybe he really just likes riding with you so much he can't give it up!

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Yeah - that MUST be it! NOT! Seriously - I don't know what it is about Denny and single rider, but he flat out refuses to do it. I just call it weird. :faint:

Have the best time at PHM and good luck! Can't wait to see pics.

Thanks! And there will be plenty of pics! :goodvibes

Haha, I think without single rider there are a lot of things I would never get to ride. I just wish there were more!

:rotfl: I agree. I think there should be MORE single rider. Denny can just sit it out!

Awww, lovely picture of you all in front of Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto.

Thanks. We got some fun pics that day. There will be more! :thumbsup2

When I was in Epcot last month they were starting the prep work for Flower and Garden. You could see all the varous markers and whatnot for where the planting would take place. I really do miss not being there for Flower and Garden. Epcot just never looks better.

Oh wow - I hope I get to see some topiaries next week. I'm sure we will. I can't wait!!!!!!:woohoo::cool1::cheer2:

Great pictures! I can see how the nice scenery can motivate you to run - very pretty.

Love all the Flower & Garden shots at Epcot! It's the one major seasonal thing we have not yet attended at WDW and I'm so excited to see it in May! :cool1:

Good luck with the Princess Half! :goodvibes

I used to dislike the single rider line, too, but then I tried it on RNRC and never went back. Sure, you occassionally get those funny looks from guests who don't understand why you're sitting next to them, but they are worth it for the time you save.

Love the shot you took on Test Track right before the bank! Really made me feel like I was back on the attraction.

For what it's worth, we all love your Spaceship Earth shots...

The Flower and Garden Festival is beautiful. I loved looking at your WS pictures.

I especially love it when…

It's only ME I have to worry about!

I love my family, I do. But oh is it easier to get out and on vacation when it is logistics for one, instead of 2,3,4,5 or 6 or..13. LOL!
::yes:: I totally understand that! So much easier and more relaxing.

Have a layover and change planes and WHAM everyone getting on is GOING TO DISNEYWORLD and full of energy. Hello! Wake up time whether you want it or not.
Yuck... I can only imagine how irritating that must be. A red eye wouldn't be so bad if you can sleep the whole way... but having a layover. Yuck.

I think they were primarily off to the Dark side but in my sleep deprived non note taking state they could have been headed to Key West for all I know. Or maybe that was another trip. Or maybe this was the leg I was next to a solo female traveler going to meet friends as well. Sigh. My brain really is a colander.
Yeah, given the circumstances, I don't blame you at all! :lmao:

The PERFECT solution.

The cronut!

YES!

I could take DME to OKW, dump my stuff, change, meet Mary Ellen at Epcot and head STRAIGHT for sugary flakey deliciousness!

PERFECT!
Well, it isn't bacon, but I approve. :thumbsup2

Mission accomplished as quickly as possible (aka toss on shorts and go), park bag ready (aka pull out extra crap I don’t need and throw everywhere in the room) I headed out. I think I brought 3 different magic bands with me to be safe. I had recently purchased the Premium pass that includes both WDW and DL. I was very worried about it working at the turnstiles, having heard horror stories. Luckily, it was an absolute non issue!
I'm glad that you got into EPCOT with no issues! I'd have definitely been concerned about it too, especially given your circumstances. There were definitely some major issues with it back then.

BTW -This will be my last update before I leave for the PHM. I can’t believe that a week from now I will have already run through the castle. Hopefully I will live to tell about it!
:woohoo: Good luck and have fun!!!

When I got back to OKW it was my turn to take some pictures of the view
I can see why you both get along so well.

And I found someone to take our picture AND work they did it correctly. Score!
Well, that's a significant improvement. Everyone is well framed and not blurry.

And once again - I ended up out in the Pacific Ocean
:rotfl:

And here I am going for the selfie
Well, that's an interesting take on the selfie trend. :lmao:

We were surprised to find that one of the displays had developed a big sink hole and the CM’s were busy trying to fix that.
:earseek: Holy cow!!! That's crazy!

All caught up! Love all the Flower and Garden pics! I cant wait for that to start again :)

Safe travels ladies! Looking forward to seeing both of you :goodvibes

Haven't been keeping up well with the reading, but want to pop on in and say good luck with the race this weekend and have a great time at WDW!!!!

My first trip was during F&G and I fell in love with the way EPCOT looked at that time of year. But I really like F&W, guess I'll have to take two trips a year. :scratchin :lovestruc

:rotfl2: Tell me about it! There are so many times of year that I like going to Disney that I have to keep rotating them. Is there really a bad time to go???? :confused3

Love the look of OKW, I'm going to rent points for my trip this year because DD wants to stay at AKL for her two week graduation trip. If the process is as painless as it looks to be I'm seriously considering OKW as the next place to stay.

NICE graduation trip! That sounds awesome. AKL is lovely. I am sure you will enjoy it there. OKW is a really cool resort and its very cost effective from a point perspective. I hope renting points works out well from you. I'm sure it will.

Absolutely gorgeous photos of the resort, Mary Ellen! Now... if only I could run with that scenery every day... :rolleyes: I guarantee I'd be a more motivated runner!

Tell me about it. That's why when people ask how I can run on vacation I think "are you serious? With this scenery what's not to love". :love:

Love the group shot! :thumbsup2

Thanks. Me too!

I'm glad that you have a hard time putting away your camera on Spaceship Earth - it's always an Epcot favorite of mine and I never tire of the scenes.

Me either. That's why I'm so addicted to taking pictures in there because each scene can turn out slightly different.

A
Your flower photos are beautiful! I'm so excited to be at Flower and Garden this year... though, to be fair, the last day of the festival is my arrival day. :sad2: It goes without saying that I'll be at Epcot until they kick me out! ;)

:cheer2: Yay for F&G, even if it is the last day. I don't blame you one bit for wanting to be there from park open to park close. ::yes::

Good luck, Mary Ellen! I can't wait to hear all about your run! :goodvibes

Thank you. I will take all the luck I can get!:wave:

You will live and do amazing! And then we will celebrate!!!

Thanks for the optimism. I am getting nervous now, but whatever happens happens. I just have to try to do my best.

nah, not at all, it was a killer view! I LOVED it out there.

It was lovely. Probably the most secluded I have felt in a Disney resort.

actually nope. That top right is above ours. We had the first floor but it was a bit elevated on the back. I was a bit bummed at first as I have first floor issues (lol) but the porch wasn't ground accessible at all.

I can't believe I thought we were on the top floor. Yikes. I guess its because when I stayed there with Nick and Denny we had the same room orientation only one floor up.

You had a great morning! Just perfect all around, a lovely run, some rides, friends, a little treat...perfect!

Totally perfect. Loved it! :thumbsup2

Nope, it was really the first floor but it felt elevated when on the back porch, much more of a deck than a patio for sure!

I do love how they have even the first floor decks elevated. I hate being flush with the ground, so that's the perfect alternative for the first floor.

That's a shout out to Cynthia's trip report - the one that made me interested in trying out Old Key West. :)

:thumbsup2

We are looking forward to walking the paths when we are there. Just ten more days now before we are there.

Like I said before, I really hope you love it there. It really is a special resort. :goodvibes

It is nice to see the front of the villas to get an idea of the layout.

The layout, I think, is pretty excellent.

That is a good picture of you. Mine are usually cringe-worthy. :(

Thank you! And believe me, I have PLENTY of cringe worthy photos. I try not to post those. :laughing:

Do you remember what building you were in? I want to get an idea of where that view is. :)

I am so bad. I really need to look at a map to tell you where we were. Did Cynthia answer this question yet, because she was the mastery mind behind the project there.

Hi Everyone - Well, Cynthia is already in the world and I am arriving there tomorrow night. I will try to get a few more replies in, but don't hold me to that. I am exhausted from work and from getting my act together pre travel.

Thanks for all the well wishes. You guys are awesome! ::yes::

I am so bad. I really need to look at a map to tell you where we were. Did Cynthia answer this question yet, because she was the mastery mind behind the project there.
Cynthia remembered that it was building 55.
Cynthia is already in the world and I am arriving there tomorrow night. I will try to get a few more replies in, but don't hold me to that. I am exhausted from work and from getting my act together pre travel.
I hope the weather warms up a little for you. And I hope you have a great time at the race. Good luck. :)

Wishing you both the best of luck! You're gonna do great! But more important than that is just to have fun!!! :thumbsup2

I totally missed the send off, sorry ladies. And I think the race is over too. I hope you had fun! Now to enjoy the rest of vacation :)

Great updates. Cronuts are super delicious! Sounds like you need a do-over Mary Ellen popcorn::

Gorgeous pictures of the F & G festival. That sink hole is scary though.

Holy Moley! I think you raced today- Saturday... (have to get my butt onto FB) I'm guessing you did really well... and for goodness sakes -just doing it is an enormous accomplishment!

I love that you find DTD ummm--- an intense sensory experience - I always chalked up that I had that reaction up to the fact that we're usually there for dinner- and I've had a drink or two and been in the parks during the day ergo I'm tired and the whole thing is fun but kind of trippy - I'd actually like to spend some day light hours there... ;)

Hurray for Dismeets! :love2:

I personally love Spaceship Earth... I'm such a history nerd- I love it... in fact I swore I could smell that smokey smell from fall of Rome- and then I realized that it was coming from my fireplace...:)

Ohhhh- I'm dying of suspense about the run...

I think I saw on Cynthia's FB yesterday that the run is tomorrow, so I still have time to wish you all a great run! Although with the time difference hopefully you are all resting soundly in bed for a very early rise!

Have fun tomorrow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter