Oh Dopey!! - January 2016 Trip Report & VLOGS *updated 02/21

If I could vote for the best report, this would be it. Totally awesome writing and funny as heck. It makes me feel like I was there - well, for the races I was. Keep it going - love reading it all.

Day 9 – Walt Disney World Half Marathon

Saturday 9th January 2016
Part 2 – Half Marathon Course (1)

Here we go! The Walt Disney World Half Marathon 2016!

screenshot_2015-12-08-17-33-55-1-1.png

We set off with our usual intervals skipping the first walk break. I could already feel the difference with the huge increase in numbers on the course but we had the whole road to run on so we weren’t cramped and could easily pull off to the side for our walk breaks. There were lots of runners around us using the run/walk method but I was surprised to see so many people walking. We caught up with Coral I walkers relatively quickly. I’ve absolutely no problem with people walking but I was a little concerned about course congestion when we got closer to the Magic Kingdom.

First mile done

28368682532_4fe6b16d36_b.jpg

Followed by our first picture stop (there was only one group in front of us for this picture)

27857165084_48670f576e_b.jpg

The second mile went by without anything notable, we continued with our intervals and I was feeling OK.

28368679012_0ffbb022f6_b.jpg

As we continued running I started getting excited about the Magic Kingdom, I had never run in the Magic Kingdom before and so I was really excited to get there and see the Castle! We some came across the parking booths and stopped for a quick photo as it was wide enough to not be in the way of those running.

28190510670_05ce3d93b1_b.jpg

I knew from the course map that we still had quite a way to go before park time BUT I was hoping for a good character spot and from previous trip reports I was keeping my fingers crossed for a Nightmare Before Christmas stop. We could see something up in the distance so Dad ran on ahead to get in line.
Just before the character stop we passed mile marker 3

28441046476_0062b1f84d_b.jpg

I could hear the music in the distance…. THIS IS HALLOWEEN, THIS IS HALLOWEEN!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!

We reached Dad and I could see who was meeting… it wasn’t Jack and Sally but it was the next best thing!

28444480796_64ef62f35a_b.jpg

Shameless posing!

My phone

28368674222_f72bdb6004_b.jpg

Professional Photo

27947800553_059d911973_b.jpg

After our pic we got back on the road and resumed our intervals. We lost quite a bit of a time with that stop and I also noticed that we now had a lot more walkers around us and the congestion was making it hard for us to keep our pace on our running intervals. I’m sad to say that we experienced a lot of bad runners etiquette with people walking side by side stretching 6-7 people across and causing runners to have to swerve around them. There was a lot of shouts of ‘walkers on the right’ or ‘walkers to the side’ from frustrated runners.

We made it to mile 4
28473696825_12ec26eb9b_b.jpg

Going by the clock on the mile marker that was an 18minute mile!!! OOOOPS!

We were now at the ticket and transport centre and getting even closer to the Magic Kingdom!! I was so excited to get there! We wanted to knock out a ‘normal’ mile for us which would be about 11mins if we didn’t make any additional stops. My legs were nice and warm and I was wanting to get to that pace but we just struggled really bad with the congestion. We went under an overpass and back up as we followed the route towards the Contemporary hotel. There was a section where we just couldn’t run at all and had to walk as the path narrowed and there was just no way past.

We made it to mile 5… and what can we spot in the background?! SPACE MOUNTAIN!!!
28395204311_a3dfe39a80_b.jpg

We continued to run/walk/dodge the crowds and came around into the side entrance towards Main Street USA… I was feeling tots emosh :sad:

All of a sudden it was happening, we were running up main street EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK
28485234291_088625baf8_b.jpg

We pulled off to the side to get a quick selfie and then went over to use the toilets by carousel of progress.
27857648113_ddbf517193_b.jpg

As you can see it wasn't that dark out anymore and it was super misty so not the best shots of the castle! Hopefully tomorrow it would be better...

We ran around to future world and towards New Fantasyland, I know we ran past a couple of a character opportunities before we came across one we knew we were going to stop for
28368660752_9d64de89d3_b.jpg

I LOVE TANGLED!! It was cool to have a rare meet as well.

We were then coming around towards the back of the castle... the big moment of running through the castle was getting closer!

There we frozen characters cheering us on right before we ran through and a photopass photographer off to the side to get a picture so we did that first
28485236961_bcb7f2a15a_b.jpg

You can kinda see behind our heads that the crowds pilling through the castle were pretty thick and so there wasn't really going be any 'running' happening, more of a shuffle!
28456546562_150d0fd114_b.jpg

When we came through we spotted the photographers in front of the castle and pulled over for a shot. The runners come out and over to the left of this picture towards Adventureland
27946233294_f23f5fcf31_b.jpg

We went for the glory shot
27947799193_17e37a5098_b.jpg

(Dad's face!)

We got back on course and jogged towards our next character stop
27367370476_523cb807a7_b.jpg

Last edited:
If I could vote for the best report, this would be it. Totally awesome writing and funny as heck. It makes me feel like I was there - well, for the races I was. Keep it going - love reading it all.

oh wow thank you!!! That's really sweet! I probably also deserve the award for longest time taken to write a TR hahaha

Dinner looks delicious and the desserts even better!!!

So excited to hear about the half. I love the shirts you guys have for the race.

I KNOW!! I'm having serious food cravings writing this thing!

Thanks! We got them made for the fundraising we were doing, they were really comfy as well!

Wow thats a long line! I got there super early so I didn't have any line problems even though I didn't check a bag.

I was in corral H for the half.

This was my first half and yes it was such a bigger deal and it was a little nerve racking at first but once the count down and fireworks go off the adrenaline is pumping and I was ready to go. I can't wait to hear about your race experience.

Ye it was crazy, it definitely wasn't as bad for the full the next day! I'm glad we were able to skip it... The fireworks are so great at the start it really does pump you up for the run :D

Looks like a great first 5 miles!

I didn't stop for the giant puppets but did for oogie boogie. I knew he was a rare character so I had to stop. I'm not a huge fan of the movie. Between wreck it Ralph and him I think that was my longest mile by far.

There is nothing like running down main street and seeing the castle lit up.

I stopped for Mike and Sulley in tomorrowland. I also stopped for the tangled characters which were fun.

I skipped the castle photo though.

Can't wait to hear about the rest!

I'm so jealous you got Oogie Boogie. We've gotten Jack and Sally in the past, so I would have loved to get Oogie Boogie instead.

Great castle shots too!!

Part 3 – Half Marathon Course (2)

We continued running into Adventureland, I think we passed a Tiana meet and greet and then came across Woody, the line wasn’t too long so we stopped for a photo
28473689085_deb42305ac_b.jpg

Mile marker 6
28190490230_6e7f5db935_b.jpg

I was super excited to be running in the Magic Kingdom, I know I’ve said that so many times but it just felt so surreal! We ran out into a backstage area, I think we exited just past Splash Mountain. The next character stop was a big one and we knew we wanted this picture!

The line was pretty long so again we lost quite a bit of time but I think it was worth it!
27857146964_4266c233ac_b.jpg

We got back on course, there was a water stop right after the Peter Pan characters so we walked through and I fueled up with my cliff blocks and then started running again. The congestion got really bad again though so we were forced to do a lot more walking that we wanted. I found the two worst parts of the course were coming up to the Magic Kingdom and after you left Magic Kingdom which is frustrating because you really take it easy in the Magic Kingdom itself because you’re stopping for pictures and just taking it in and we wanted to run either side of that to keep our time down. Don’t get me wrong I really didn’t care about the finishing time but I did care about how long I spend on my feet and how my energy I lost trying to weave around. My Dad was probably the most frustrated by this and although we had prepared him for lots of character stops and really not caring too much about time we didn’t expect the congestion to prevent us from running so much.

Mile maker 7 (over 20min mile!!!)
28395191871_7d0e46b868_b.jpg

We continued to do our best to run when we could but it really just wasn’t happening… I don’t mean to make this so negative but I was so nervous already about having the marathon the next day and wondering how my body was going to hold up that this was starting to make me really anxious. During this mile I just said to Dad and Rachel that I couldn’t continue trying to run and weave past people, it was taking too much energy and we could end up tripping up and getting injured.

We walked like the majority of people around us until eventually we got to a wider road. There was a character stop just as the path opened out, by this point I was now feeling stiff so we got in line and stretched out a bit.

HOW CUTE IS DONALD??!!!
28190476230_9ea99d5403_b.jpg

That Mickey golf cart is SO ADORABLE!

You can see the road we were running on in the background, anyone that was still trying to run was out on the grass.

Mile Marker 8 (yep… that’s another 20min mile)
28190475340_0cd3efb241_b.jpg

Now… after this mile marker we got some running space, we got back into our intervals (skipping the first walk break to get warm again) and we got through the next mile in just over 13mins

Mile Marker 9
28190470820_94cef867db_b.jpg

This stretch is not very memorable, I know we were on the road back down to Epcot and I remember having space to run and there being a few water stops but no characters as far as I remember. We came up onto the overpass exit for Epcot around our next marker.

Mile Marker 10 (12min mile – that’s more like it)
27857131544_ff6b326be7_b.jpg

And then someone we HAD to stop for as we climbed up that overpass

SIR YES SIR
28395184151_26b77faf80_b.jpg

That hill KILLED ME! My legs were still feeling stiff after all the walking and we’d now been out on the course a lot longer than planned. We took it easy and I stopped at one point to stretch again.

Mile Marker 11
28473654085_f4a28f3631_b.jpg

We kept our intervals us as best we could and Dad was great at this point just keeping us motivated. We clocked another decent mile and made it to our next marker

Mile Marker 12 (a nice runner took our photo)
28441008276_89da0033c3_b.jpg

This mile marker meant that we were almost at Epcot AND the finish line! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!

We continued running and made it into the park for our final stretch… now I was happy to take it easy, we were almost done AND there was some final character fun to have!

First up… Scrooge McDuck with no line!
28190453050_a3519aa034_b.jpg

There was literally nobody waiting for this photo so we got quite a few!

27857115094_374a721e58_b.jpg

28190453090_7ee98bfb5e_b.jpg

27857606883_5136eeede6_b.jpg

We ran past Spaceship Earth and up towards the fountains and then looped back on ourselves and right at that loop I spotted an AWESOME character!

VACATION GENIE!!!!!
27857094774_b73f540064_b.jpg

Again there was no wait so we got plenty of snaps
27857597853_271cd79cd4_b.jpg

28473642575_0ef0c9a10a_b.jpg

28190449270_3df174a2a0_b.jpg

How cool is he??!!

I LOVE Aladdin (side note my sister got me tickets to go see the new Aladdin show in the West End in London this month… eeeeeek!) so this was a great stop and such a fun way to finish out our run

We got a few good pics running through Epcot as well
28456560022_2c945765a3_b.jpg

We were so on point with our synchronized poses :rolleyes:
27125262140_2253c0784f_b.jpg

26793050464_548ae3dd9f_b.jpg

Nailed it
28485238301_d4fa1f4b2c_b.jpg

And also we pulled up for a nice shot just before we exited the park
27367367716_0b4bbb088d_b.jpg

Final mile marker
27857594103_1f2b11c91a_b.jpg

We ran from there to the finisher shoot with massive smiles on our faces and ending on high
28485247141_d6d31140e6_b.jpg

27947793363_37d1b7d942_b.jpg

27946227024_66e91cb743_b.jpg

28563222505_7eeb642c83_b.jpg

26793841443_b6d3d29788_b.jpg

And we crossed the finish line
28563212725_47f756e521_b.jpg

27367385536_5ebd85c76e_b.jpg

27401083475_280a690084_b.jpg

I got my medal and made my way straight over to the medal tent. My right knee wasn’t feeling great, I’d felt it hurting on that hill with the Green Army Man and I knew I needed to try some damage limitation ahead of the marathon the next day.
28368621412_dec59d5de9_b.jpg

This time Mam was waiting for us just after the finish line which was nice, we told her where to meet us out at the staging area and we continued through to get our picture taken

27125226690_6b4f3567c5_b.jpg

Last edited:
Woohooo half finished!

I completely missed woody in frontierland and I skipped the parade float because the line was too long.

Goofy was out at the golf course when I stopped.

That next stretch was pretty boring but it's okay after getting all of the stuff in the MK.

I stopped for Scrooge but regret not also stopping for vacation Genie.

Congrats on the half finish and great pictures. I hope the knee held up for the next day.

Part 4 – Ice Bath & Epcot

We grabbed our snack boxes and went out to find Mam. Our parents were going to head off to collect my cousin who lives in Florida but around a 2hr drive from Disney.

We drove back to the room at OKW and Dad freshened up before heading out to collect my cousin with Mam while Rachel and I stayed behind.

SO… We were both feeling a bit sore and tired and decided the best thing for it was an ice bath. We ran the bath and collected ice from the dispenser which was conveniently located right outside our room by the bus stop. We went up and down with the trash can and a thick plastic bag adding more and more ice.

We only wanted the bath deep enough for our legs so it didn’t take too long. I hopped in first and soaked my legs in the freezing cold water and ice… after 10secs I was already screaming… WHAT IS THIS???!! It’s like burning but so much worse!!!! HOW DO YOU PEOPLE DO THIS!!!!
tumblr_mqd3x3BdQI1sx8gh8o1_250.gif

I jumped out of the bath and Rachel was breaking her heart laughing at me. She jumped in next and was like ‘oh it’s not THAT bad’ 10 secs later she was screaming too! Not like screams of horror more like ‘cold…cold….COLD…COLD OMG COLD COLD AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH’
T4SNjbw.gif

I got back in again and repeating the process, Rachel got her phone out this time to record me! We’ve got lots of video footage so I’ll share some videos when I’ve edited them! But this was HILARIOUS!! Like we were both screaming with pain while laughing at ourselves and then laughing at the other person trying to stay in too…

Seriously though… how do people do ice baths and like how long are you supposed to stay in? I think 30secs was as long as I managed at a time. I’m sticking to Epsom salt hot baths from now on!

We were feeling pretty hungry so we went over to the pool bar and got some food.
28103181723_96157a637c_b.jpg

It was pretty bland BUT I did get a chocolate milk with my quick service credit and I LOVE chocolate milk!! It is the perfect post run drink and oh so good when it's cold!

We just chilled enjoying our food and then went back to the room to rest. We managed to get a bit of a nap in before our parents arrived back with our cousin.

We had dinner reservations in Epcot so that was our park choice for the afternoon. I wasn't planning to spend much time in the parks today but my cousin would only get today in the parks with us so we wanted her to enjoy it. Despite living in Florida she hadn't been to the parks in years so it was fun getting to take her! It was around the time of her birthday also so we got her a birthday button!

We got ready and drove to the park, picked up a park ticket for my cousin and made our way in.

We had our medals on as well as half marathon shirts
26305475226_8788654b92_b.jpg

I had some fastpasses booked on our magic bands so we went to a kiosk to see what was still available for my cousin, we managed to get one for the Character Spot around the same time as ours and my Mam wasn't fussed about going on Test Track again so she handed over her magic band for that.

We rode Test Track first and had fun designing the car, no ride photo unfortunately :sad:

We went on The Seas with Nemo as well which is such a cute ride!

Next we went to the World Showcase and made our way around the pavilions, we didn't have too much time before dinner and Italy was our destination!

Perfect pre-marathon carb load at Via Napoli! We'd actually never eaten here before so I was looking forward to it. I wasn't able to change my reservation from 4 to 5 online but I asked at the check in desk and they said it would be fine.

It was quite busy but we were seated within about 10mins.

WE WERE SO HUNGRY! We ordered Pizza and a side salad for Mam and waited for our food. We didn't use the dining plan today, as we were sharing a large pizza it was better to pay out of pocked and we saved our credits for the last day

We had a bit of a wait, which when you're hungry and tired is never a good thing, our heads were turning every time the large pizzas came past and we could smell it and everything!!

Then ours arrived!! YUMMY! We got a half and half that was plain and the other half Piccante Signature Pie

28103180473_3887865db3_b.jpg

We also got another small pizza
28612811822_e9f14c11c6_b.jpg

It hit the spot!

We walked to the American pavilion and a CM came over and he knew my cousins name, asked if it was her and said that there was a phone call for her! He took us inside the American Adventure building and picked up the phone and handed it over. It was so cute, she got a birthday message from Mickey Mouse! It was so funny because she was not expecting it at all and even my parents thought it was a call from home or something! Disney magic at its finest!

We came out and it was starting to rain... we had completely forgotten to bring ponchos!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

We ended up trying to shelter in the world showcase as we made our way around towards France. We popped into L'Artisan des Glaces for some ice-cream and shelter but there was no letting up!

We then went inside to see Impressions de France, I'd never actually been to see this!
28718795305_beaeda2343_b.jpg

Well....... what can I say about this movie
Boring-GIFS_1.gif

Great nap opportunity???! It just wasn't for me... or well... anyone in our party!

We decided we would brave it and head back to future world and into the Character Spot

Mickey was up first and he was really impressed with our medals, I told him we were running his race tomorrow!
26239069672_84feed3bf8_b.jpg

I had pulled my leggings up in the rain and forgot to put them back down for the photo hahaha I was seriously going for comfort over style today though, that's what Dopey will do to you!

26305525416_2d0e15526a_b.jpg

Next up was Goofy and he was NOT impressed that we had Donald on our medals and shirts. We told him not to worry, he was our favourite AND we going to get our Goofy medal tomorrow which was for a much longer distance than the Donald medal and therefor far superior!
26058594200_454b1557ed_b.jpg

26058591000_04d51f82a0_b.jpg

26305517726_47c044e0bf_b.jpg

Minnie was next and she had fun posing us
26239034562_ae086585ae_b.jpg

After the meet and greet there was some debate over staying in the park or going home. My parents decided to stay with my cousin but I was so ready for bed as was Rachel. We went out for the bus and luckily we didn't have to wait long before a completely EMPTY OKW bus pulled up
28718793855_01d52bd1bb_b.jpg

We got home and got our running gear ready for the morning
28612807632_3169d91930_b.jpg

I was so tired, I think I fell asleep right away, I woke up again when my parents got back and went straight back to sleep.

I was super nervous for tomorrow :guilty:

Last edited:
That's so funny about the ice bath. I've never been a big ice bath person either.

Chocolate milk is one of the best things post workout.

We were in Epcot after the half as well! I love via Napoli we've been there a few times now.

Great pictures with Mickey goofy and Minnie!

Can't wait to hear about the full!

Woohooo half finished!

I completely missed woody in frontierland and I skipped the parade float because the line was too long.

Goofy was out at the golf course when I stopped.

That next stretch was pretty boring but it's okay after getting all of the stuff in the MK.

I stopped for Scrooge but regret not also stopping for vacation Genie.

Congrats on the half finish and great pictures. I hope the knee held up for the next day.

He was a bit hidden actually and didn't have much of a wait!
Ye that stop for the parade float was a killer!

Oh nice! We may have managed to get Goofy at some point on course :rolleyes1

Ye I didn't mind that it was a bit boring for a while particularly when we had more space to run...

Was there a queue when you were running by? It was so quiet when we ran past!

That's so funny about the ice bath. I've never been a big ice bath person either.

Chocolate milk is one of the best things post workout.

We were in Epcot after the half as well! I love via Napoli we've been there a few times now.

Great pictures with Mickey goofy and Minnie!

Can't wait to hear about the full!

Haha ye I won't be trying that again in a hurry!

It's one of the best things period... I haven't been able to find that brand over in the UK yet, we're heading back at the end of the month to WDW and I'm planning to stock up on our grocery shop! I'm not even running this time lol

Oh really?! We did see loads of runners and I know Via Napoli is a popular spot on here before runs.

Thank you :D

DYING at those Peter Pan and Vacation Genie pictures!! So awesome!

I hear you on the ice bath...I think you're supposed to do it for, like, 10 minutes, but I can almost never make it past 5! :faint:

I'm so jealous you got Oogie Boogie. We've gotten Jack and Sally in the past, so I would have loved to get Oogie Boogie instead.

Great castle shots too!!

Ye it's such a good character to get! I love how they have so many rare ones on course!

OOGIE BOOGIE! So jealous!!

Your dad's face is hilarious in these pictures!!

I've not seen Oogie Boogie in other race reports so I did think it was a rare one! Anything Nightmare Before Christmas is good for me though!

Dad is such a poser! That's where we get it from!

DYING at those Peter Pan and Vacation Genie pictures!! So awesome!

I hear you on the ice bath...I think you're supposed to do it for, like, 10 minutes, but I can almost never make it past 5! :faint:

I know!! They are two of my favourite pics! One big bonus of the half was getting all of these amazing pics I was really happy with how many we got :D

Woohoo!! Congrats on finishing up the half. You had some fantastic pictures. Both the ones with the characters (OMG - the Peter Pan crew one is awesome) and your running ones. Well-played on the synchronized posing shots. It looks like you all had so much fun. I remember that section of the half when we ran in 2015 leading up to the golf course. The crowding was INSANE!! We also mostly had to surrender and just walk much of it. Thankfully after that part the course opened back up again and we could do some reasonable running again. We tried to run some in the grass but also decided that was a recipe for injury and saving a few minutes wasn't worth it. Looks like you also had a great afternoon and evening at Epcot. That large pizza is really LARGE!

27857606883_5136eeede6_b.jpg

We ran past Spaceship Earth and up towards the fountains and then looped back on ourselves and right at that loop I spotted an AWESOME character!

VACATION GENIE!!!!!
Oh, I'm green with envy. Scrooge McDuck and Vacation Genie! :goodvibes

We didn't use the dining plan today, as we were sharing a large pizza it was better to pay out of pocked and we saved our credits for the last day
Since we have 10 TS meals planned but only get 9 on our dining plan, Via Napoli will be an OOP meal for us too. Figured it makes the most sense since cost will be kept low with sharing the pizza. Good strategy!

We walked to the American pavilion and a CM came over and he knew my cousins name, asked if it was her and said that there was a phone call for her! He took us inside the American Adventure building and picked up the phone and handed it over. It was so cute, she got a birthday message from Mickey Mouse! It was so funny because she was not expecting it at all and even my parents thought it was a call from home or something! Disney magic at its finest!
I've never heard of this! What a happy surprise for your cousin!

I'm really enjoying your report. I'm so impressed with all the running the three of you are doing. What energy! I'm exhausted just reading about it :faint:

I looooooved reading your 10K and half reports!! It sounds like you guys had great races. I still can't believe that guy that wanted to cut in line in your 10K- crazy! And your castle pictures on your half are so great!! Way better than the pics I got during Princess half!

I love Via Napoli too-- so yummy! Really great character pics too!

Oh and I have yet to do an ice bath. I'm sure it would be good for me, but I cannot bring myself to that level of self torture!

Love this shot! Great memory.

It felt so good to have a hot shower after all that rain!
tumblr_ncrncpSRxE1s02vreo2_250.gif

Hahahah awwwwww. Dogs > everything.

As we were placing our order I explained to the CM that we were on the dining plan and so we had desert included (FOR FREE) and she was punching our orders away and didn’t really seem to be listening. Mam was looking a bit anxious now as she ordered and I could tell she was questioning the system, was the CM going to give us lunch AND desert FOR FREE!??

:rotfl2: Be Our Guest were just reaffirming to your mum that asking this question is still necessary :laughing:

I’m really sad to say that I was so unimpressed with this lunch :(
It makes me sad because lunch at BOG has been one of my best memories of the past two trips. I remember the first time we went which was back when you had to queue to in and it was such an experience, the CM’s were so in character and told us that it was the masters castle and he knew where all his guests sat. The food was always delicious and even though at lunch it was busy you could always find a seat. I was really sad that my parents weren’t getting to experience the same special atmosphere and they both said there weren’t that impressed with lunch. I actually omitted BOG originally from our plans for our trip next month but I do now have a lunch reservation and I’m hoping that if we go it’ll restore my faith. Has anyone else noticed a change or do you think maybe we were just unlucky this day?

Oh boo it's one of my favourite QSs!!! Hope you have a better experience this time.

we of course justified it as ‘carb loading’ for our run the next day haha

I have been carb loading for the last 24 years.

Part 1 – RUNNERS... ARE YOU READY?!

HOW. My legs are sore just reading this TR :rotfl2: :crutches:

I’m sad to say that we experienced a lot of bad runners etiquette with people walking side by side stretching 6-7 people across and causing runners to have to swerve around them. There was a lot of shouts of ‘walkers on the right’ or ‘walkers to the side’ from frustrated runners.

This would annoy me to no end :sad2:

All of a sudden it was happening, we were running up main street EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK
28485234291_088625baf8_b.jpg

YAY!

LOVE these Festival of Fantasy meets, what the heck! Didn't know they did this :lovestruc

VACATION GENIE!!!!!

OH MY GAAAAAD I thought Scrooge was good, but vacation Goofy is on another level :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

How cool is he??!!

SO COOL.

I got back in again and repeating the process, Rachel got her phone out this time to record me! We’ve got lots of video footage so I’ll share some videos when I’ve edited them! But this was HILARIOUS!!

Errrrm yes this definitely needs to be uploaded :thumbsup2

I LOVE chocolate milk!!

giphy.gif

latest

giphy.gif

Despite living in Florida she hadn't been to the parks in years

HOW.

:scared1: :faint: which side was better?!

WHAT! How?!?! How did he know it was her??!!

I was super nervous for tomorrow :guilty:

Oww don't be! I know it's already been and gone, but don't be :laughing:

Day 10 – Walt Disney World Marathon

Sunday 10th January 2016
Part 1 – THINK OF THE BLING!

I woke up to my alarm and a whole belly full of dread. I was super tired and stiff and just so NOT in the mood to run a marathon.

We went through the usual routine of getting up, bathroom, bagel and peanut butter and out to the car. I noticed straight away that the weather felt different… I could feel the humidity! We timed it around the same as the day before for the half however this time the road closures were in place earlier and we ended up having to detour.

OKW is really close to Epcot but we diverted away from Epcot out towards the Magic Kingdom and back around. It wasn’t too bad, I’d say an extra 10mins. We arrived, parked up and walked towards the staging area. This time there was no issue with bag check but we didn’t have one anyway.

We walked straight out to our coral, it seemed like a longer walk today but I’m putting that down to the nerves!
There were some photographers about again on our walk there...
27367473306_7f86e5eb57_b.jpg

Can you tell I'm nervous?
28122398224_be87f899f9_b.jpg

We got to the coral and settled down on the ground waiting for the start of the race. It was only this morning that I was thinking to myself WHY ON EARTH DID I SIGN UP FOR THIS?!

Again there was plenty of pre-race entertainment so that helped pass the time and before long we were underway again! The corals went off one by one as we made our way closer and closer to the start line.
28436706930_c9632881d6_b.jpg

26793127274_8eaea55454_b.jpg

27302944202_1de5c1960b_b.jpg

There it is..

28615246892_963b849ac4_b.jpg

Runners????? ARE YOU READY?????

3....(OMG 26miles is so far).....2......(it's seriously humid I'm already sweating).......1.......(one foot in front of the other, you can do this, THINK OF THE BLING!)...... GO!!!!

27125323160_c76a4f096e_b.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter