Oh Dopey!! - January 2016 Trip Report & VLOGS *updated 02/21

Awesome! My sister and I passed chip and Dale too. The line was just too long for me. We did get pretty much every other character though.

Looks like you had a great time!

Day 7 – Walt Disney World 5K

Thursday 7th January 2016
Part 3 – Post race fun!

Right after we were handed our snack boxes! We grabbed these and walked back out to the staging area where we had started that morning.

We noticed that Dopey was out and decided that seen as we had just run our shortest run now would be the time to queue. The queue was CRAZY LONG but we didn't mind waiting, it was just before 8am and our plan was to head to Hollywood Studios for 9am so we had time to kill.

We got in the MASSIVE line and I decided to nip back to the car and get our Dopey jackets for the photo. I left Dad and Rachel queuing and walked back. I remember our Car being just across the road and only a few rows back but I could not find it ANYWHERE! I was searching for like 10mins while pointing the keys in every direction pressing the alert button to make it beep. Eventually I realised that although I had gone across a small crossing I hadn’t actually crossed the main entrance road which is where our car was… DOH! In fairness it was really dark when we arrived that morning and the road we crossed wasn’t that busy so I didn’t realise that it was the main entrance road!

I got to the car, dumped our snack boxes and grabbed our Dopey jackets and made my way back to the staging area. Dad and Rachel were still queuing of course, I got Dad to come get a photo in front of the official marathon banner again
27121257212_a9f74586e5_b.jpg

26611214244_e4d650f687_b.jpg

26612536243_aae694dfab_b.jpg

Of course Dad was messing around as usual
26942661030_5f11e3f662_b.jpg

27218156605_6f2eb27fea_b.jpg

A group of girls came over to get some photos and were nice enough to take one of the two of us.
27149144751_225d07f8fa_b.jpg

I offered to take theirs in return and they were trying to get a jumping photo so it was funny trying to get it on time. TOP TIP: if you want to take a jumping photo of someone else, get down really low to the ground and have you camera angled upwards towards them, as long as they are off the ground it will look like they nailed it lol

Dad hopped back in line so that Rachel could get one too.
27149130101_ee85f81166_b.jpg

We were FINALLY towards the front of the queue when Dopey took a little rest
27149126061_1574a2a522_b.jpg

A few mins later it was our turn
26611180114_053271e47e_b.jpg

26942608640_76802ee4e1_b.jpg

27183999436_ddcd23e426_b.jpg

Totally worth the trip back to the car
27183994306_eb708e9f7d_b.jpg

The photographer was really good, he took plenty of photos of everyone which I know created a longer line but with Dopey being a rare character and this being a massive challenge it was nice to get some good photos. It's different of course when you stop for the characters on the course as they try and do the photos as quick as possible so as not to keep people waiting.

Happy with our Dopey photos we left and walked to our car, it was nice to be able to just head straight to the car and leave and not have to bother with any of the transport for the event.

We parked up at Hollywood Studios, checked in with Mam who was about to head for a bus from OKW and made our way over towards TOT and RnR because what else would you do when you arrive at Hollywood Studios?!

MEDAL PHOTO
25727548703_4705132800_b.jpg

I tried SO HARD to keep my head up and smile but that car just shoots off so darn quick! The girl beside my Dad is hilarious!

There was already a long wait time when we got out for RnR (around 40mins) so we jumped in the single rider line and it was super short, we waited around 10mins

#photofail
26264096441_dcaa45da93_b.jpg

Rachel did better
26304362386_8b868703a4_b.jpg

Dad nailed it
25727545663_f5997a86d3_b.jpg

We had a fastpass for tower of terror so we did that next but yet again I don't have the ride photo as it was down AGAIN!

We were planning to wait on Mam to do our Toy Story Mania fastpass but she was only just getting on a bus so we went ahead
27281798650_e8258cfb62_b.jpg

27281798190_2628c0932d_b.jpg

27486344951_e44a316c76_b.jpg

Let's go!!
27281797280_f7c936021d_b.jpg

I am not very good at this game, I just get a sore arm and always loose out by a couple of thousand...

Pretty sure Rachel won this time o_O

Our fastpass at TSM had taken a bit longer than expected so we had to buck it over to the Beauty and Beast show, Mam had arrived meanwhile so we found her in the crowd and took our seats for the show

(side note: I took lots of videos on this trip, they are kinda all over the place like I was holding my phone vertically a lot which I now realise makes for a very bad youtube video, I'm currently editing them and I'll start sharing them soon... I say this because I took some good footage of this show but barely any photos)

27486341541_2053f0b007_b.jpg

I kept teasing my boyf back home about how I was going to meet Gaston and that he had massive muscles and was known for trying to steal women away so I sent him a little video of Gaston flexing his muscles with the caption 'SWOOOOOOOOOON' hehehe

When in Hollywood Studios it is a MUST to go to starring rolls so that's where we went next!

CHEWY
27459738612_fee738cf3f_b.jpg

Mam has still not gotten her head around the snack credits... she was like 'no no I'll use mine for lunch'

Cue the look
guilty-loki-gif.gif

YOU STILL GET LUNCH MAM!!!!

AND a muffin... FOR FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I don't even know what everyone else got in the end because I spent so long explaining this... :P

Awesome! My sister and I passed chip and Dale too. The line was just too long for me. We did get pretty much every other character though.

Looks like you had a great time!

Oh you ran with your sister too?! That's cool!

My Dad hadn't run a Disney race before and was so not taken in by the idea of stopping during a run to queue for a character so we had to ease him into it haha

We really did!

We stopped for Pluto after the race and got a photo. I saw the dopey line was crazy long but I guess I'll be waiting in that line next year lol.

Awesome ride photos on RnRc!

TSMM always gives me a sore arm too.

I love the cupcake. I almost got one of the Star Wars ones but I didn't instead we got the BB-8 cup.

Love, love, love the 5K outfits! Such a great idea! And I love that picture with Dopey and the backs of your jackets, brilliant!!

You guys are so brave for keeping your medallions on for RNRC, eeeeek!!

We stopped for Pluto after the race and got a photo. I saw the dopey line was crazy long but I guess I'll be waiting in that line next year lol.

Awesome ride photos on RnRc!

TSMM always gives me a sore arm too.

I love the cupcake. I almost got one of the Star Wars ones but I didn't instead we got the BB-8 cup.

Ye it was CRAZY long but I'm still glad we did it! I'm pretty sure it wasn't as bad some of the other days but I was still happy we did it the first day as I was not in the mood to hang around after any of the other races

THANKS! I like them they, they give me a giggle!

UGH it's the worst! I need to build up some arm strenght lol

It was really yummy... I think my favourite is still the red velvet though! Ooooh I wanted a BB8 cup but never got around to buying one!

Love, love, love the 5K outfits! Such a great idea! And I love that picture with Dopey and the backs of your jackets, brilliant!!

You guys are so brave for keeping your medallions on for RNRC, eeeeek!!

Aw thanks!! I love the mountains they are such good rides and I remember them from my very first visit as a kid, particularly space mountain because I was a bit scared going on that one! We had originally planned to have little cardboard 'cars' around our waists so it looked like we were sitting in the ride seats and have them the various colours of the ride cars but I didn't want to go to all that effort with all the warnings that came out around costumes

The Dopey pic is one of my favourites of the whole trip, I'm so happy the photographer helped us out with it. We did get some very envious looks from the queue though, a few people had said to us they'd wanted the jackets but they were all sold out....

It's probably the best for ride photos because I can never hold a pose properly so you get some really funny ones!

Great job on the 5K. It looks like you guys had such good time!!! Your dad seems like such fun too. Love the medal shot on RnR. Great idea. Can't wait to read more!

sounds like 5K went great! That is so awesome you got those great pictures with Dopey! Those really turned out so great, and encapsulates the whole challenge!

I LOVE RnR!! Those medals pics on the ride are super cute!

I can't believe it, but out of the two times we have gone to Hollywood Studios we have never made it to the Beauty and the Beast show! I really need to correct that next time!

Great job on the 5K. It looks like you guys had such good time!!! Your dad seems like such fun too. Love the medal shot on RnR. Great idea. Can't wait to read more!

Thank you!! We did! So much fun.. Dad is such a joker, I know where me and Rachel get it from!
Ye it turned out really cool I like it! I might get a proper frame when I go back in August...

sounds like 5K went great! That is so awesome you got those great pictures with Dopey! Those really turned out so great, and encapsulates the whole challenge!

I LOVE RnR!! Those medals pics on the ride are super cute!

I can't believe it, but out of the two times we have gone to Hollywood Studios we have never made it to the Beauty and the Beast show! I really need to correct that next time!

Ye the pics with Dopey are really good, I'm so glad I went out for our jackets even if it did take me AGES lol

ME TOO! RnR is one of my favourites!

WHAT???! :eek:

You have to go see it! Beauty and the Beast is probably my all time favourite movie, it's the first movie I saw in a cinema too! The songs in the show are really good, I think it's the best continuous show at Disney World!

Day 7 – Walt Disney World 5K

Thursday 7th January 2016
Part 4 – Tá ocras orm!

We planned to get our photo taken with Pluto what with him being the race mascot for the 5k so we had asked Mam to bring our 5K shirts to the park for us to change into. Luckily when we finished in up in Staring Rolls we could see that Pluto was out meeting in front of centre stage.

We got lots of photos and also got our medals signed! The 5k medal was a rubber medal so it was easy to sign with a sharpie..
25725502254_42f9147ee5_b.jpg

26237935932_080c5bc274_b.jpg

25727568203_6a4d68798f_b.jpg

Running poses:

25725464724_03a6396b23_b.jpg

We had a bit of a browse around the shops and Mam and Dad had another photoshoot

26058726270_087ce709be_b.jpg

After all our posing we went back to the room to chill before our evening in Disney Springs. We had dinner booked in Raglan Road which I’d heard really good things about but had never been, I love exploring new restaurants at Disney!

We arrived early so that we had some time to browse the shops…
27486337621_632afd4c68_b.jpg

I LOVE this store! Not only because it's named after my FAVE Goofy but it just smells SOOOOO GOOD! Funny enough I rarely buy anything as I always go before dinner!
28132739576_9c0a8b1faa_b.jpg

28088490201_a8c3bb971c_b.jpg

28062695552_30705193da_b.jpg

After some shopping we checked in a Raglan Road
27486336311_d34a882c65_b.jpg

We had a quick browse in the gift shop while waiting for our table
26949982693_d30c13db4a_b.jpg

Our waiter seated us in a table that was quite out of the way, I didn't mind not being right in the centre and he told us that the dancers would come to perform intermittently right beside us also so that was cool

We got some Guinness bread with a Guinness reduction.. it was delicious!!!
26949982173_50dd315757_b.jpg

It was really dark in our little corner so I apologies in advance for the dull photos!
28167028915_f82408c8cb_b.jpg

The biggest downfall of this meal became apparent rather quickly... the service was incredibly SLOW! We waited AGES to place our orders. Our server had a large table that he was fussing over a lot and I guess we were a bit forgotten. We placed our orders though and tried to focus on the entertainment while we waited for our food.

Sneaky bathroom photo

27459733502_c12fd6bff3_b.jpg

Finally our food arrived (this is making me drool right now!)

Rachel went for the 'Keen Eye for the Shepherd's Pie'
28167021615_6c23679b6d_b.jpg

I tried some and it was yummy, I would recommend it if you eat here!

Mam and Dad both went for the Lambo
28062675122_30a7a72a55_b.jpg

And I went for the Bangers and Booz
28062669752_010235f0a0_b.jpg

The Guinness flavour was really nice with this dish and I don't really like Guinness!!

We waited again quite a while for our desert order to be taken and at this stage we were getting really restless. I'd purposely made a relatively early reservation so that we wouldn't be getting back too late ahead of our second early wake-up for the 10K tomorrow.

I still scoffed the desert when it arrived... naturally!

Rachel and I went for the meringue
28132704976_550f6b5085_b.jpg

While Dad opted for Ger's Bread & Butter Pudding which was SOOO GOOD!
27551149934_79d9f941fa_b.jpg

And Mam went for the Wibbely Wobbely Healthy Wonder
28062664772_773c5306ca_b.jpg

Sorry for the terrible pic... but guess what???! IT WAS FREE!!! :woohoo:

FINALLY IT WAS TIME TO LEAVE!!!! I think we were close to 3hrs in total at this meal... SERIOUSLY?! :eek:

We made our way out towards the buses and I'm sure I'm not the only one to comment on how crazy the Disney Springs bus area got (prior to the new changes which I HOPE have sorted this out) but it was CHAOS!!!

We spotted our bus pulling our as we were walking up too... :guilty:

I decided to make the most of it and grab some photos:

26058707860_1f2c48363e_b.jpg

We are so obviously fakin our happiness hahaha

AWKWARD POSING
26305617016_375bce2d7f_b.jpg

And then these pros come along...
26305254896_df70bb9829_b.jpg

We hopped in line for our bus which was shared with Contemporary I think and we waited... and waited... and waited... There was a MASSIVE tailback of buses waiting to get into the pick up area but they all had to stop and there was this conductor guy that would speak to the driver and they'd each wait up to a 2/3mins before moving out. I was so exhausted now and totally relieved when an OKW west bus pulled up after about 30mins at the stop.

We got home laid out our outfits for the morning and turned in for the night...

Last edited:
Sorry for the long service . . and long bus wait! The meals and desserts did look so delicious though!! Raglan Road was one place I really wanted to try this last trip, but couldn't fit it in.
And you looked super cute-- definitely worthy of a sneaky bathroom pic :)

Great photos with Pluto!

I've never done Raglan Road but have heard good things as well. That sucks that the service was bad at least the food was good.

Bus service is always spotty at Disney springs. I haven't tried the new bus area yet though.

Day 8 – Walt Disney World 10k

Friday 8th January 2016
Part 1 - Ready... Set.... GO!!

We reluctantly got ourselves out of bed at the horrible time of 3.15am. I think I had about 4hrs sleep max so I really didn't feel great and had to practically slap my face to life!

Luckily we were well prepared and our flat selves were ready to go with no thinking necessary! I definitely recommend doing this for any running event with an early start
27524398346_d229dd51bf_b.jpg

Note the disposable ponchos... they are about to become REALLY handy! The only thing not pictured is our mylar blankets from the day before as they were still in the car.

I had my usual peanut butter bagel and we made our way to the car for our short trip to Epcot. OKW was a great location for the races as it was so close to Epcot and we sailed to the carpark in 10mins.

We parked up and sat in the car for a little bit because.... it was raining!!!

I think I'm cursed with raining runs haha I had the Wine & Dine in 2014 which was a complete wash out, my first ever marathon was rainy and windy and now the 10k! Luckily we had our ponchos, they were such a good purchase as we could just dump them before the race start.

We got out of the car around 4.20am and made our way towards the staging area

We didn't hang around this time where the DJ was as they were just opening up the corals so we went straight ahead to Coral C
27486331651_bd2c55cd9e_b.jpg

Perfect bad weather pre-race combo of poncho and myler blanket modeled by my sister!
26949237314_6e8b701e23_b.jpg

I think there may have been a few jealous looks going our way haha
13158088.gif

Also... we were right up the gate this time but after the disaster the day before that didn't mean we'd be at the front for our corals start by any means.

We chilled in the coral and waited for the start, it seemed to go quicker this day maybe because all the anticipation of the first race was over! Before I knew it Coral A was off!
27367856406_e3432ff98a_b.jpg

Then it was time for our coral to move out. We took our mylar blankets off and I heard someone cry out to my Dad before he threw his in the bin, I turned back and there was a young girl shivering away in a tutu and tank top with nothing warm or waterproof and her mam had been calling to take the myler blanked before Dad chucked it... OOOOPS :headache:

Luckily I still had mine so I gave it to her and she was super grateful!

This time moving our towards the start was much better organised and before the gates were removed the front line of people were given the tape to hold. When the gates came away we all walked out into the shoot ready to head towards the start

AND this happened
27281780220_636eafa2b5_b.jpg

I love this picture... it's one of those that takes me right back to the moment! The rain was still coming down but as we approached the start it was letting up a bit.

26949233844_274d158d97_b.jpg

We took our ponchos off and got ready to go!
27486324191_0fe7aa215a_b.jpg

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!
26949974863_f92087a789_b.jpg

Ready... Set.... GO!!

Sorry for the long service . . and long bus wait! The meals and desserts did look so delicious though!! Raglan Road was one place I really wanted to try this last trip, but couldn't fit it in.
And you looked super cute-- definitely worthy of a sneaky bathroom pic :)

It was just one of those horrible combinations of things going wrong but hey you live and learn and I know next time I would probably book even earlier and maybe avoid Disney Springs!

Oh they were! The entertainment was really good too but we didn't get the 'real' experience in our little hideaway corner...

Aw thank you!! :D

Great photos with Pluto!

I've never done Raglan Road but have heard good things as well. That sucks that the service was bad at least the food was good.

Bus service is always spotty at Disney springs. I haven't tried the new bus area yet though.

Ye the Pluto photos are one of my faves! :love:

I would still recommend it but suggest sitting in the main area and not to make plans afterwards haha

Fingers crossed it's better now! I hear there is now a separate unloading area too so the buses will arrive empty at the depot which should help relieve some of the congestion!

I didn't run the 10K this year but I love the course for it. The rain was problematic for many but not much you can do about it. I came out about half way through the race and was cheering outside the Beach Club and it was lightly raining at that point. That was my first time spectating and I really enjoyed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter