Oh, A Drunk Little Cucumber!! - F&W Fun with Bro and Sis Nov. 11*UPDATE 6/17* Pg.32

Here! Love that you have a flexible SIL so you can enjoy WDW again!

Okay, I always introduce most of my TR's by reminding people that I am not a morning person. In no way, no how. The only reason that I'm able to drag myself out of bed early in the morning is because I know I am going to Disney. That doesn't make my disposition cheery though. If you try to talk to me early in the morning, you will get nothing from me but a grunt. Maybe an eye roll.

I woke up at 4:30am on Saturday. I also went to bed at 11:30pm. Why? Because I'm an idiot apparently. I stayed up late the night before doing my own pedicure. Why? Because I decided to be "frugal" this time, and do my own. Okay, I don't go and get a pedicure because I want to save money, but I upgraded to Business Class? Something wrong with this picture? :rolleyes1

I also took a shower the night before. Fixed my hair and everything all pretty like. And then it just looked like this when I woke up. :scared1: You know, when his hair is standing straight up. So I had to bust out my straightener to fix my hair. D'oh! Not what I wanted to do. I think I may have singed my hair a little bit because I was so tired.....that kind of happens when you leave your straightener in your hair.....

I didn't sleep at all really. I just was too restless and excited. So, I had to layer on an extra amount of war paint that morning. Just so I didn't scare the other people in Business Class. I want to look like I belong, really.

My bags were all ready to go.

bbb6a5d3.jpg

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, that is a carryon only. I did it folks. The question is, is that what I came home with? Well, you'll just have to read to the end to know the answer to that.

I'm always sad to leave the little boogers behind.

One little booger.

87ba8645.jpg

Two little booger(s).

0a797281.jpg

Yes, she is making love to my iPad in that picture. It's a mutual relationship folks, no worries. :laughing:

Mom and Dad were taking me to the airport and we were on the road at about 5:30am. I had told Dad before that I wanted to stop at Dunkin' Donuts. Food at the Milwaukee Airport is the bane of my existence. In the fact that there isn't any good food really. Not in the terminal I was going to. So, I figured getting some good ol' Boston Creme donuts to take through to eat while I waited would be nice. What better way to start the eating frenzy!?

So we hit the Dunkin' Donuts around 5:45ish. We pull through. It's a fairly simple order. Two number ones, one with two long johns and an extra large coffee with cream only, one with two boston creme donuts and a regular coffee with extra cream and extra sugar, and an extra coffee with cream and sugar. Seriously, had to repeat this to the guy like 4 times. 4 times. Dude, it's donuts, not brain surgery! You best not mess up my donuts son!

As we were pulling forward, the first thing I ask my mom is "do you think he's high? Because I think he's high." Mom agreed. He had to reconfirm our order again at the window. What is this world coming to? Get with it man. You get paid to come in to work before God gets up!

Well, my boston creme beauties came through in one piece, so it's okay I suppose.

So I drink my coffee, and suddenly I'm miss chatty Cathy! It's true, everybody runs on Dunkin'!

We made it to the airport about 25 minutes after Dunkingate, so it was all good. This was so exciting for me, because I walked right in and didn't have to do anything else. I said my goodbyes and headed inside.

There were A LOT of people in the terminal. More than I thought there would be. But, I made it through security very quickly anyways. I love people that don't travel very often. They're like little cute kids to me. This lady next to me very seriously asks me "do I need to take off my scarf?" I told her that it's advised to take off anything unnecessary. I just prayed that she didn't think her shirt or pants were unnecessary.....you never know, she could be from a nudist colony.....

I made it through, no scanner, just a metal detector. Afterwards, I made my normal bio break, and then went to the gate. I popped open my bag o'donuts, and got to eatin'. It was very yummy. This is why I don't eat those often.

We boarded kind of shortly after and were on our way in no time. We were up in the air quickly. I was seated next to a woman who was actually studying for her CPA like I am! It was really nice and we actually chatted for the majority of the flight. She and her husband lived in Celebration, and he was a part time CM with Disney.

The flight was good and I fully took advantage of Business Class by having a few Bailey's and Cream. No worries folks, they're weak and I drink responsibly when I have to drive.

We landed and I was on my way. Before long, I got to take this picture.

600c7f5c.jpg

This airport is kind of like home to me. Then it was off to the rental car counter. I'll leave you there. Sorry this is not picture heavy, but I like to get the travel portion out of the way since it's a little dull.

Up Next: Megan and Danielle meet!

Yay update!

I think cheap-o pedicure and business class is definitely the correct order! I mean, you got Bailey's! Totally worth it AND saving money.

Our cats love our iPad too! We have the Bebot app, which makes noises when you tap the screen and they love ("love") when they get to play with it. Your dog is adorable!

I love the inside of the Orlando airport. A hotel inside of an airport?? Wacky!

Yay update!

I think cheap-o pedicure and business class is definitely the correct order! I mean, you got Bailey's! Totally worth it AND saving money.

Our cats love our iPad too! We have the Bebot app, which makes noises when you tap the screen and they love ("love") when they get to play with it. Your dog is adorable!

I love the inside of the Orlando airport. A hotel inside of an airport?? Wacky!

I have always wanted to stay at that hotel too. I just haven't had an excuse to yet. :laughing:

I've never thought about putting an app into it for Tigger to mess with. That may prove to be interesting...

I woke up at 4:30am on Saturday. I also went to bed at 11:30pm. Why? Because I'm an idiot apparently. I stayed up late the night before doing my own pedicure. Why? Because I decided to be "frugal" this time, and do my own. Okay, I don't go and get a pedicure because I want to save money, but I upgraded to Business Class? Something wrong with this picture? :rolleyes1

:rotfl2: THis is something that COMPLETELY makes sense to me because it's something I would do too! :rotfl: We can be crazies together! :banana:

Your first booger is adorable! We've always wanted one of those dogs, but heard they wouldn't do the greatest out here, even though we've seen one or two around town.

Don't you love the MCO terminal?! Ahh, it's like a breath of fresh air :cloud9:

:rotfl2: THis is something that COMPLETELY makes sense to me because it's something I would do too! :rotfl: We can be crazies together! :banana:

Your first booger is adorable! We've always wanted one of those dogs, but heard they wouldn't do the greatest out here, even though we've seen one or two around town.

Don't you love the MCO terminal?! Ahh, it's like a breath of fresh air :cloud9:

I'm glad that it made sense to someone! At least you get it. You're right, we can be illogical weirdos together!

Thanks! My first booger's name is Nanook, and she's a handful. She does love snow, so I could see that being in warm weather all the time might not be ideal. She does seem to melt in the heat a bit. She's a pansy like that.

I do love MCO. :cloud9: It's so open and pretty. It just makes me feel like I'm at home.

YAY we begin!!
I understand about being tired in the morning. Even if I am going to Disney I'm still quite sluggish!
I HAVE THAT CHRISTMAS BLANKET THAT YOUR DOG IS LAYING ON!!!
LOL Dunkin Donuts. My Dad LOVES the coffee from there. He also takes home A LOT of their napkins. All the time. I don't think we actually buy napkins for our house anymore because we have so many from Dunkin Donuts. :lmao:
DONUTS. :love: I literally don't remember the last time I've had one. :sad1:
Ahh a nice Bailey's and Cream in the morning! Welcome to vacation. :rotfl:
YAY MCO! It's my home too. :love:
Can't wait for more!

YAY we begin!!
I understand about being tired in the morning. Even if I am going to Disney I'm still quite sluggish!
I HAVE THAT CHRISTMAS BLANKET THAT YOUR DOG IS LAYING ON!!!
LOL Dunkin Donuts. My Dad LOVES the coffee from there. He also takes home A LOT of their napkins. All the time. I don't think we actually buy napkins for our house anymore because we have so many from Dunkin Donuts. :lmao:
DONUTS. :love: I literally don't remember the last time I've had one. :sad1:
Ahh a nice Bailey's and Cream in the morning! Welcome to vacation. :rotfl:
YAY MCO! It's my home too. :love:
Can't wait for more!

I actually have three of the castle blankets. :goodvibes It's my TV watching blanket.

I love Dunkin' Donuts coffee, even better than Starbucks. That's hilarious that you guys have so many napkins from there. Good way to save money. :lmao:

I do not allow myself donuts ever. Like ever, except for on vacation. Then it's allowed. :laughing:

Joining in! This sounds like a really fun trip! :woohoo:

:welcome: We did have a lot of fun.

If I worked at Dunkin' Donuts, I think I'd be high on crullers.

I'm joining in too even though I know about most of your trip.... I just love reading your TR's. Glad to have you back home.:love:

Well now that you've got the obligatory "travel post" up, we can get to the good stuff - a semi-solo trip with a brother thrown in at the end! :) I am also not a morning person - unless I'm going to Disney. That being said, I am also not a coffee drinker. However, on our trip, I drank a few Diet Cokes and felt the buzz for awhile after - I stopped drinking soda and switched to green tea a few months ago, and anytime I get some Diet Coke in me, the caffeine is OBVIOUS, very quickly!

That's so nice you upgraded to Business Class. Makes the flight better. :love: I loved my premium seating on our trip; I felt like I had so much room!!

And I am planning on renting a car on my solo trip; I'm going to do that trip on the cheap, so I would use my credit card points and not have to worry about the extra cost (minus the full tank of gas, of course). Do you use it to get to the parks, or for DTD, or do you mostly use the Disney buses?

Lol at the morning scenario - I can totally relate!

Wow you really stuck to your guns with the carry on :worship: Looking forward to what happened on the journey home.

Mmm having donuts for breakfast sounds like a great idea.

If I worked at Dunkin' Donuts, I think I'd be high on crullers.

:lmao: then I would conversely be high on boston creme donuts AND coffee. Wow, they definitely wouldn't want us to work at the same Dunkin' Donuts.....

I'm joining in too even though I know about most of your trip.... I just love reading your TR's. Glad to have you back home.:love:

I'm glad to be home too. Even though it's always a little bittersweet.

Well now that you've got the obligatory "travel post" up, we can get to the good stuff - a semi-solo trip with a brother thrown in at the end! :) I am also not a morning person - unless I'm going to Disney. That being said, I am also not a coffee drinker. However, on our trip, I drank a few Diet Cokes and felt the buzz for awhile after - I stopped drinking soda and switched to green tea a few months ago, and anytime I get some Diet Coke in me, the caffeine is OBVIOUS, very quickly!

That's so nice you upgraded to Business Class. Makes the flight better. :love: I loved my premium seating on our trip; I felt like I had so much room!!

And I am planning on renting a car on my solo trip; I'm going to do that trip on the cheap, so I would use my credit card points and not have to worry about the extra cost (minus the full tank of gas, of course). Do you use it to get to the parks, or for DTD, or do you mostly use the Disney buses?

Man, I love coffee! I am one of those people that caffiene does absolutely NOTHING to. I can drink it and go straight to sleep. No problems there. Coffee just makes me happy. :goodvibes

I love Business Class. I admit, I'm a spoiled brat with that. I don't always upgrade, but I love when I get the option.

I do use it to get to the parks and DTD. Especially to go to DTD. I have having to take the bus there. The only park I don't drive to is the Magic Kingdom. I just don't love parking and having to ride the monorail. It depends though. I tend not to drive in the afternoon to go to a park. Only in the morning when I can get decent parking.

Lol at the morning scenario - I can totally relate!

Wow you really stuck to your guns with the carry on :worship: Looking forward to what happened on the journey home.

Mmm having donuts for breakfast sounds like a great idea.

I'm so not a morning person. Even 7:45am feels early to me. :laughing:

I did stick to my guns. You'll just have to see how that worked out in the end.

Donuts are super yummy.

What a beautiful dog and cat. That's exactly what my cats do to any open computer. Better yet - when its cold out my male cat will sleep on any open laptop.

I know exactly what you mean about feeling at home at MCO. I feel the same way. And I would rather trade a pedicure for business class. :rotfl:

Yay you're in Florida!! :woohoo:

I would have totally went for the cheap pedi and upgrade to Business Class...priorities! :thumbsup2

:rotfl: at your DD experience! Glad you got your donuts and everything was fine after that!

Nothing wrong with drinking some Bailey's on the flight down, you're on vacation, and anyway, there's like 1% alcohol in it anyway! :laughing:

Oh my gosh! I missed the start of your TR! It sounds like a good travel day, barring the wacky DD guy! Do you suppose his ability to perform his duties is the reason he's been relegated to working at DD at 5 am? :lmao::lmao:

LOVE the frugal pedi/business class thing!! That's totally something I would do!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter