Offsite Restaurants

We like to eat at places we don't have at home. Universal's City walk has some great choices Bubba Gump Shrimp, Margaritaville, Cowfish, etc. Near the Florida Mall there are a lot of chain places that we don't have in our town like Outback, Olive Garden, Red Robin, Red Lobster, Bahama Breeze, Sonny's BBQ, Perkins, etc.

I loved readng this thread! Do you think reservations are needed for most of the reataurants mentioned here? We will be down there in August.

My family and I LOOOOOVE Giordano's! They have THE best deep dish pizza. It does take a while (because lets face it....it takes a while to cook a pizza that thick!) but it is so worth the wait.

We like the Knife on 535 near Steak n Shake and where we stay. It's an Argentine steak house with a great salad bar and all you can out everything made on the grill. One price includes wine all you can eat and dessert. It's reasonable and even more reasonable at lunch. Groupon has deals on it sometimes too. You can check it out at - http://thekniferestaurant.com/

For pizza, we love Flippers in Crossroads shopping plaza. They are a chain but we don't have any near us. IDK why, but their pizzas are soooo goood!

Our two favorites are Chuy's (tex mex chain that we don't have here in Wisconsin) and the Orlando Ale House (several locations in the Orlando area.) We eat at the Ale House 2-3 times each trip--we love the Zingers.

I'm hoping to try Bahama Breeze this trip as well.

For pizza, we love Flippers in Crossroads shopping plaza. They are a chain but we don't have any near us. IDK why, but their pizzas are soooo goood!
We had THE best bread sticks there... swimming in butter and cheese... What the heck we are on vacation.. so Ididnt care and it was yummy.

Our two favorites are Chuy's (tex mex chain that we don't have here in Wisconsin) and the Orlando Ale House (several locations in the Orlando area.) We eat at the Ale House 2-3 times each trip--we love the Zingers.

I'm hoping to try Bahama Breeze this trip as well.
I've seen the Orlando Ale House on restaurant.com several times!

Hi, fun thread!
We stay 3 months and are cast members during the winter. We stay west of Disney at Sunset Lakes just off 192 so we usually eat in this area vs. north or east of Disney. That includes Celebration which is a great place to eat and wander around.

Agree totally to leave the huge chains for eating back home....except Golden Corral which is very busy and great for any meal, but we enjoy breakfast the most as it really is fresh and plentiful and has omlets made to order.
We love:
Orlando Ale House on 192...great prices, some waiting Prime Time, l love the blackened Mahi sandwich, spouse loves crab legs for under $15.00.

Devanny's British Pub end of 192 at intersection of 27. True pub with Brit staff, lots of soccer, all the classic British dishes and totally filling appetizer tray.

In Town of Celebration...see other Posts Here...we favor Town Tavern, a great place with Boston flair....everything from Beans and Wienies to flown in Lobster...spouse loves the fried fresh clams (no bellies) and do not miss the onion rings.

Best New York Pizza and great little Italian place is not to be judged by it's exterior...Bruno's just west of Disney.
Tucked next to Indoor Flea Market it is always busy. If you want to order pick up pizza try this place.

And love Sweet Tomatoes...none in Iowa, so is a treat in Florida...super salad bar, 8 home made soups,
Great breads and muffins, selection of drinks, and good desserts...

Bahama Breeze is fun too.

We do not get up north very often so cannot comment there. If you are staying west of Disney in house, condo, or hotel cannot miss with these for price and food.

Grandpa Ted

We like the Knife on 535 near Steak n Shake and where we stay. It's an Argentine steak house with a great salad bar and all you can out everything made on the grill. One price includes wine all you can eat and dessert. It's reasonable and even more reasonable at lunch. Groupon has deals on it sometimes too. You can check it out at - http://thekniferestaurant.com/
The Knife looks similar to a Brazilian steak house we have near us. What range are the prices? I looked on the site but didn't see prices.

We love Buca di Beppo.. Family style Italian. Delicious food!!!
It is in Orlando, in the mall, on Orange Blossom Trail. We make it a point to eat here at least once every trip! :)
15-20 mins away from Disney

It is in Orlando, in the mall, on Orange Blossom Trail. We make it a point to eat here at least once every trip! :)

My phone is wigging out! Not sure why it posted three times. The restaurant is good but not three - post worthy good lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter