Offsite hotels nearby Universal?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by amybel, Feb 5, 2013.

1. amybel

amybel Earning My Ears

I am looking to stay at an offsite hotel close to Universal. Originally, we had planned to stay onsite, but since changing our dates to the end of August, we don't think the crowds will warrant the extra cost associated with those hotels.
    We are not picky as far as amenities, but would like an affordable hotel with a good reputation for cleanliness, and as close to the Universal area as possible.
    I have been looking into the Hyatt, Doubletree, Holiday Inn and Hawthorne as options. So if you know anything about those, that would also be appreciated!

2. buckeev

buckeev RedNeck Mouseketeer

Hey Amy,
    We're in a similar situation, I'm putting together another Father/Son trip for April...and need an "affordable" decent place for one night before checking in on-site on a Saturday morning.
    I just got a price from the Fairfield-(very close to Universal Studios)- of about $135 pre-paid/non-refundable on a Friday night. (Weekdays are a bit cheaper).
    On-site, with an Annual Pass isn't a whole lot more...you might wanna think about going that route. ;)

Best Wishes

3. Portugal1000

Portugal1000 DIS Veteran

We love Homewood Suites Universal. Great location for Universal, great rooms. Very good buffet breakfast and managers reception. We now can only travel in School holidays so last year stayed on site at Hard Rock, 3 times the price but we did get Front of line access. However, rooms no where near as nice as Homewood Suites.

4. Darcy03231

Darcy03231 DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Sheraton Studio City (about half a mile away) and it was really nice.

The Doubletree is right across the street from US/IOA. I've never stayed at that particular one, but I have stayed at other Doubletrees and they've been fine too.

Last summer we stayed for three days at the International Palms Resort which was also pretty close by. I got it on hotwire for $136 total for all three nights. Clean and comfortable and had a nice pool.