1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Officiant worries

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by bspears88, Jan 18, 2013.

1. bspears88

bspears88 Earning My Ears

Okay so me DF and I have booked rev Jack Day for our wedding this upcoming May.

I have read awesome reviews about him but also I have come to realize he is not good with communication by email or over the phone. I have read that it is common of him and he is wonderful come wedding day, but I just feel there is no connection and I feel like a complete stranger will be marrying us come May. Can someone put my mind at ease? Should I stick with rev jack day or maybe book with someone else who is more personal. And also is it to late to book with someone else if I decide to go that way?

2. pima416

pima416 Earning My Ears

I had Jack Day for our wedding. Yes he is really bad at communication and I was freaking out a few days before my wedding because I had not heard back. When I finally talked to his grand daughter (she helps him) she told me that his wife had just suffered another stroke. I felt terrible at that point. I just think he's really busy and has a lot going on. I loved him at the rehearsal and the day of. He was early for both. It was like your grandfather was marrying you. I was so happy that I chose him. I don't think that you would regret having him.

3. Izzy Pooh

Izzy Pooh Mouseketeer

I also had Rev. Jack and he was so wonderful and sweet. There wasn't much communication leading up to the wedding day but his grand daughter did call me maybe a few weeks before the big day to just go over everything with me and we did get to meet Rev. Jack at the rehearsal and he made us all feel comfortable, sorta like we have known him for awhile instead of just meeting.:goodvibes

4. bspears88

bspears88 Earning My Ears

Thank you for your replies, both of you have made me feel much better about going with him! Thanks!