Official WDW Marathon Weekend 2013 Thread-Part 2

Hubby is down now, I'll get in tonight about 10 & he's saying its warm. From a northerner, he said it was ok - to him - until the sun came up & since then his big thing is the humidity. Michiganders are fairly used to humidity being surrounded by the lakes so its just something to get used to again.

Daughter is home sick from school for second day in row, but from the way she is bouncing around the house, she feels fine!

Started packing and we are heading out tomorrow after noon (only couple hour drive for us).

We are both giggling at the amount of stuff I am laying out for the race. Daughter asked if I was packing for someone else as there was two pairs of: running shoes, compression socks, running shirt, fuel belts, and even running watch. I told her I needed back ups of everything "just in case". But, I was at a loss for an answer when she asked why I was packing it all in one bag. "If you lose that bag, you lose the back ups too."

Kids...they humble you.

cobbler said:
Hubby is down now, I'll get in tonight about 10 & he's saying its warm. From a northerner, he said it was ok - to him - until the sun came up & since then his big thing is the humidity. Michiganders are fairly used to humidity being surrounded by the lakes so its just something to get used to again.

It's pretty humid. My 6am run this morning was 68 and 94% humidity. Charles is not allowed to stay at OKW ever again.

I'm here! No run here yet but it's humid alright! Impervious because I didn't train quite enough, not like last time. Oh we'll! My kids were kept in the dark that they were coming too, and it's all worth it!

It's pretty humid. My 6am run this morning was 68 and 94% humidity. Charles is not allowed to stay at OKW ever again.

For some reason that reminded me to add Gatorade to the shopping list. Reminder...no Gatorade on property.

Two miles is morning... 68 degrees and 99% humidity.... It it warm this afternoon but the humidity has leveled off for now. Right now it is 81 and 47% humidity so it actually feels pretty pleasant.

The forecast is now for a high of 83 both of the next two days... Listed on The Weather Channel app as near record highs.

My legs felt good this morning... It really amazes me how the walking and running muscles are so different.

I ended up getting a new spibelt this morning at the expo... Might need to run tomorrow to try it out and decide if I'll use it for the half.

Coach, where/when will the Chuckster 5k start tomorrow? I may want to run after all.

I'm dying to know...what are they selling those adorable limited edition runDisney New Balance for at the expo? If anyone sees them, or actaully gets a pair!!!, let me know! I may try to get my hands on some next week at Tinker Bell if there are any.

Someone on the WISH facebook page said they were $125 and they sold out within minutes.

CaptHomer said:
Someone on the WISH facebook page said they were $125 and they sold out within minutes.

Thanks...sounds like I won't arrive at either of the next 2 expos early enough to get my hands on a pair :(

Walking from the hotel to Hollywood studios and saw Desiree Davilla out doing laps. US marathon Olympian. Cool.

Just got done with expo. Don't like where buses are dropping off, they seem to be much further than any other time I have been here.
Packet pick-up went smoothly.
Signed up for Dumbo Double Dare and ran into Lisa there:). It was great to meet a fellow WISHer<3. Did a little shopping and am now headed to MK for dinner at BoG. Yay.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Just got done with expo. Don't like where buses are dropping off, they seem to be much further than any other time I have been here.
Packet pick-up went smoothly.
Signed up for Dumbo Double Dare and ran into Lisa there:). It was great to meet a fellow WISHer<3. Did a little shopping and am now headed to MK for dinner at BoG. Yay.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Enjoy BoG! We were there for Thanksgiving dinner, which also happened to be the day of our 15th wedding anniversary. Extra, super, unbelievably magical! Especially the gray stuff! ;)

Just checked into OKW. Planning on hitting the expo in the morning while my wife sleeps in. Also woke up this morning with a cold. I am praying it is only a cold and not the flu. It just feels like a regular cold so far.

New bakery open in France section of Epcot. Saw pictures, can't wait to hit it tomorrow after the Expo.

Got back from the expo and grocery shopping. Played with my keys on the two OKW Grands in my building and found it early. My housekeeping staff walked up behind me and saif 30 more minutes... then they asked if I needed to put stuff in the fridge. As I finished that, we were able to stock up on items that can be in short supply.. TP, Wash clothes, coffee and laundry soap. She is getting a 'plus it' email.

My flight from Houston went over Charlotte as best I can tell to get around the low pressure system (a normal direct flight across the gulf). Waiting on the stragglers then back to the expo. Looks like all are late due to weather

Got back from the expo and grocery shopping. Played with my keys on the two OKW Grands in my building and found it early. My housekeeping staff walked up behind me and saif 30 more minutes... then they asked if I needed to put stuff in the fridge. As I finished that, we were able to stock up on items that can be in short supply.. TP, Wash clothes, coffee and laundry soap. She is getting a 'plus it' email.

My flight from Houston went over Charlotte as best I can tell to get around the low pressure system (a normal direct flight across the gulf). Waiting on the stragglers then back to the expo. Looks like all are late due to weather

Notice I did not say hot anywhere

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter