Official Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend 2015 Thread ** May 7-10, 2015

Anyone looking for Tinker Bell costume pieces for the race.....Target has some perfect Tink pompoms for shoes, in the dollar area. They are technically bunny tails but it definitely would work for Tink shoe pompoms too.
Thanks! Did they have other colors too? Smee and Hook are definite costumes for 2 races, but I have been thinking about Wendy instead of Tink themed for the 10k. Although, being in the $1 section, I think I might be able to swing both. :rotfl:

, that's good to know. I'm doing the one in Seattle this weekend and I have a sinus infection and just don't feel ready. I do know I'm in corral K and the map has up through corral O, so I hope I am able to finish!

In my training, I've been just over 15 mm but my longest was only 5 miles. I started out very consistent with the training plan and then just fizzled a bit.

Yeah I think you will be fine especially if you are going from K that should bank you some extra time, my main advice would be don't stress yourself out about the time just have a good time and do what you can and you will probably have no problem at all....GOOD LUCK

On the official runDisney website they no longer list the Pasta Party happening at Stage 17 in DCA. They have totally deleted the location line. I'm wondering if anyone is going and if they have heard where they plan to hold it. Olaf's snow fest is currently in Stage 17 and is scheduled to be there until at least May 22nd. I'm guessing the most likely option is the Big Thunder Ranch area at Disneyland. Just wondering if runDisney has sent any info to those who have already paid, etc.

Thanks! Did they have other colors too? Smee and Hook are definite costumes for 2 races, but I have been thinking about Wendy instead of Tink themed for the 10k. Although, being in the $1 section, I think I might be able to swing both. :rotfl:

Kim,
No other colors, at least at the Target I was at. I'll keep my eyes open when I go next wk. Wendy would be a great costume !!!! I am not creative at all but I really want to do something for the 10K. I'm keeping it Tink green for the 1/2.
A question about the 10K course.....(I can't keep the 10K's straight) Do you run down towards Katella, passing Stovall's on your right heading towards the Convention Center?? I think it was Tink last year we watch all the 10K runners go by.

On the official runDisney website they no longer list the Pasta Party happening at Stage 17 in DCA. They have totally deleted the location line. I'm wondering if anyone is going and if they have heard where they plan to hold it. Olaf's snow fest is currently in Stage 17 and is scheduled to be there until at least May 22nd. I'm guessing the most likely option is the Big Thunder Ranch area at Disneyland. Just wondering if runDisney has sent any info to those who have already paid, etc.
My guess is Big Thunder Ranch too. I think that's where they do them for the other parties. They probably had to change it, like you said, b/c of Frozen and when everything went on sale, the Frozen DCA takeover wasn't planned yet.

Kim,
No other colors, at least at the Target I was at. I'll keep my eyes open when I go next wk. Wendy would be a great costume !!!! I am not creative at all but I really want to do something for the 10K. I'm keeping it Tink green for the 1/2.
A question about the 10K course.....(I can't keep the 10K's straight) Do you run down towards Katella, passing Stovall's on your right heading towards the Convention Center?? I think it was Tink last year we watch all the 10K runners go by.
If the course stays the same, we headed down Katella. We started like the 1/2, went backstage by the offices I think, then DL and DCA, then Harbor by TOT down to Hojo, around Manchester to Disney Dr to Harbor to Katella to the finish in PPH like the 1/2. I'm just wondering if the course will be the same b/c of the castle and drama last year. They had the pace timing off and closed the course at TOT a little earlier than should've been and a lot of people didn't finish. They could change and flip the course to start like the 1/2, left at Hojo to Disney then into the parks for the rest of the mileage to avoid later road closings and problems?

If the course stays the same, we headed down Katella. We started like the 1/2, went backstage by the offices I think, then DL and DCA, then Harbor by TOT down to Hojo, around Manchester to Disney Dr to Harbor to Katella to the finish in PPH like the 1/2. I'm just wondering if the course will be the same b/c of the castle and drama last year. They had the pace timing off and closed the course at TOT a little earlier than should've been and a lot of people didn't finish. They could change and flip the course to start like the 1/2, left at Hojo to Disney then into the parks for the rest of the mileage to avoid later road closings and problems?

Oh...I didn't know about the drama last year since I didn't do the 10K. I guess we'll have to wait and see until they release the course. I just know I've got to get it done quick and back to the hotel in time for the kid races.
The castle right now is covered completely getting ready for the 60th.......sure hope they remove all that so we can run through the castle even though it's a couple weeks before the big castle reveal.

I just know I've got to get it done quick and back to the hotel in time for the kid races.
The castle right now is covered completely getting ready for the 60th.......sure hope they remove all that so we can run through the castle even though it's a couple weeks before the big castle reveal.

Oh my gosh; I completely forgot about the kids races too! I knew b/c of the medal and trying to find something for Smalls, but it slipped my mind. Luckily, she's the last race so we'll have plenty of time to get her over there. I'm trying to find a Smee like onesie like the medal or just end up w/ a white one and draw blue lines on it. I know Pixie Hollow is usually crazy on Sunday, but have you ever gone on Sat race weekend? I want to get her to get her picture w/ Tink and have her sign the medal or her race ears, just don't think a long line would be a good thing.

I can't wait to see everything in May! I hope stuff is removed too. Or at least covered but the drawbridge area open to run through. And I can't wait until the celebration weekend. I think I'm bringing every electronic thing I have ~ camera, flip, ipad... :rotfl: Luckily we're driving down, b/c I think we might have a few bags of souvenirs to come home with.

I hadn't heard that the drama from last year was due to bad pace timing. It looked like most of those swept at mile 4 had splits higher than 16 minute miles. -- Suzanne

For a Smee like onesie...now is the time to try and find one with spring merchandise coming out...especially stripes. Check out Janie and Jack, Gymboree, Children's Place, Baby Gap (they used to be big on stripes) even Carters... just Google it and keep your fingers crossed.

For the kids race....for this one the older kids go first. I just may need to take my sweaty self over there and meet up with my family. In case I don't make it....I'll have everything ready to go for our runner and let DH take it from there. We're at Stovalls so that should help with the timing.

Never gone on race weekend Saturday. When we're there, Saturdays the lines are about 45+. We usually go to Pixie Hollow after the 1/2 on Monday morning first thing and it's still a LONG LONG line !! Maybe just tag team it-one of you stand in line while the other has the baby and just meet up near the front of the line. People do that ALL the time. We just went to see Olaf and did the snow frozen thing and even early morning 1 parent would hold a spot for the kids to join them later in line. With a baby or little one...the CM are really understanding if you have waited in line for 1hr and a kid situation occurs. :sad2:

I hadn't heard that the drama from last year was due to bad pace timing. It looked like most of those swept at mile 4 had splits higher than 16 minute miles. -- Suzanne
Yeah, I think that was part of it too. People on fb were saying that the bikes and balloon ladies were off and that the ladies were going a little faster than the 16, who knows it could have been upset Tinks who wanted that 1 pic and waited in long lines to their own detriment and didn't want to admit it? At SW though, they were very vocal both at the 10k and 1/2 about where you were pace-wise to let you know how far ahead of the ladies and bikes you were and I hadn't noticed that before at any of the races.

For a Smee like onesie...now is the time to try and find one with spring merchandise coming out...especially stripes. Check out Janie and Jack, Gymboree, Children's Place, Baby Gap (they used to be big on stripes) even Carters... just Google it and keep your fingers crossed.

For the kids race....for this one the older kids go first. I just may need to take my sweaty self over there and meet up with my family. In case I don't make it....I'll have everything ready to go for our runner and let DH take it from there. We're at Stovalls so that should help with the timing.

Never gone on race weekend Saturday. When we're there, Saturdays the lines are about 45+. We usually go to Pixie Hollow after the 1/2 on Monday morning first thing and it's still a LONG LONG line !! Maybe just tag team it-one of you stand in line while the other has the baby and just meet up near the front of the line. People do that ALL the time. We just went to see Olaf and did the snow frozen thing and even early morning 1 parent would hold a spot for the kids to join them later in line. With a baby or little one...the CM are really understanding if you have waited in line for 1hr and a kid situation occurs. :sad2:

Thanks for the onesie ides! I'll check them out. We're at the Quality Inn a few down from Stovall's this year. I wanted to stay at Stovall's but got a good deal at Quality Inn and no charge for parking which is nice. As for Pixie Hollow 45 min!?! Ugh!?! I'll think/hope we'd pass, but knowing my sister... :rotfl2:

Thanks for the onesie ides! I'll check them out. We're at the Quality Inn a few down from Stovall's this year. I wanted to stay at Stovall's but got a good deal at Quality Inn and no charge for parking which is nice. As for Pixie Hollow 45 min!?! Ugh!?! I'll think/hope we'd pass, but knowing my sister... :rotfl2:

At least your closer to Marri's restaurant. :) Love Marri's .... it's a must before any race.

From what I've read most places including other forums, none of the castle temporary walls or covers will be removed before the big reveal weekend which bums me out. :guilty:

Are the dates ever adjusted on the refurbishments? I really wanted to ride Soarin' during Tink weekend.

Are the dates ever adjusted on the refurbishments? I really wanted to ride Soarin' during Tink weekend.
I think if they're done they could open it earlier. They also could be doing a soft opening especially since they're changing out the cameras and film itself. I'd just wander over there a few times that weekend to check it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter