Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E (9670)
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 54
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I think I just fainted from too much happiness.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6 What ship are you sailing? DREAM
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Wednesday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon
#9. What month is your cruise? November 2015

Just got assigned 9670 on the Disney Dream... Is it the room I think it is? (Super large with a gigantic balcony?)

O-M-G!!!!
9670 is an accessible cat 6A with an extra large verandah. It might not have the split bath
since it is an accessible cabin.

9670 is an accessible cat 6A with an extra large verandah. It might not have the split bath
since it is an accessible cabin.

It doesn't have a bath, just a shower. If I har to be sad about something, it would be that since I only have a shower at home and take advantage of baths on vacation only... but I'm not going to complain because the rest of the room is 10 times better than what I expected.

I am 56 days out - Cat 5E GTY room booked- still no room # assigned.
When they finally do assign your room#, do they send you an email? I booked myself direct thru DCL website, no travel agent involved.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E Disney Dream
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E 9172
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 54
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? VERY HAPPY !!! EVERYTHING I AM reading online from different cruise critics sites state it is a great room location- quiet, near Cabanas, beautiful views, less wind due to aft of ship, & HUGE balcony !!!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A-- only 1 room booked.
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Just checked this evening after dinner, so approx 7:30 pm Central time (did not check this morning before work).
9. What month is your cruise? December 7, 2015.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5D 6654
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 9 (but booked the upgrade at 17 days prior to)
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We are quite happy to have a verandah in general. I would have loved to be closer to our other stateroom (deck 10) but I am certainly not complaining.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? No. Deck 6 aft and Deck 10 forward
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Late afternoon
9. What month is your cruise? October 31 2015

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 8A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5B 8546
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 39
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Was hoping for the two porthole mini suite 8As like 5520 but veranda sounds good.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Early afternoon
9. What month is your cruise? November 28, 2015

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? Oceanview GTY
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9B 2562
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy, nice mid ship location.
#6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Friday
9. What month is your cruise? December 4, 2015

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 4D
#2. What category and room # did you get? 4D, 6138
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 124
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Meh, we got what we paid for. Was hoping to be assigned a 4A but can't complain.
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Don't remember
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? No idea.
9. What month is your cruise? April

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? Oceanview GTY
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9B 2562
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy, nice mid ship location.
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Friday
9. What month is your cruise? December 4, 2015

Now that we are back from our cruise, I'll update this...

2562 was one of the noisiest cabins we've had in 8 cruises. There is a hydraulic or electric pump of some sort close to this room that comes on every couple of minutes. Some days we had banging on the pipes or sawing sounds coming from below. Kids were running up and down the hallway (I'm not sure if they were from the Edge that's very close by). Will try to avoid this one in the future.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 6A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 6A 7638 (accessible)
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 47 (However, we did not book our cruise until around 53 days out, and a holiday followed)
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? This is our first Disney cruise, so I don't really have anything to compare to. I think it'll be nice to have some extra space, and I'm looking forward to checking out the verandah.
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Monday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Early afternoon
#9. What month is your cruise? February 2016

We are anxiously awaiting our assignment! 35 days out now on the Fantasy, but only booked about 2 weeks ago. We booked 7a GTY because at the time it was over $1000 less than choosing the room (that is a lot of spending money), and we will be happy with any verandah room. I am becoming a little crazy about checking, multiple times a day, lol.

We got our stateroom assignment! :banana:

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7A GTY
#2. What category and room # did you get? :tinker:5A (10006)
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 31
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy!! Reviews of the room are great and location looks quiet. Glad we were upgraded to a regular-sized verandah instead of undersized.
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Morning
9. What month is your cruise? February

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5e
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5e 8682 (accessible)
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 58 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Glad to be on deck 8. I think any accessible room is a left over, but the large veranda makes it desirable even if the automatic door, lack of a curtain, and single bathroom does not.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? This is the second leg of a B2B. We had an assisgnment on the first leg for 8188. I had them ensure the reservations were linked in hopes to get the same room. 2 doors down is close, but we still have to pack up everything!
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Tuesday
#8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? n/a
#9. What month is your cruise? February 2016[/QUOTE]

Has anyone gotten a GTY assignment for the Magic leaving on March 24, 2016 from Port Canaveral? We are in the 60 day window and was just wondering.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg I'm going to try to wait patiently for our cabin assignment. We're on GTY for a 5E in September. We LOVED our 5E last year! It was spectacular! We had 9670.

I'll definitely update once we're assigned. :Pinkbounc

Last edited:
I'm going to try to wait patiently for our cabin assignment. We're on GTY for a 5E in September. We LOVED our 5E last year! It was spectacular! We had 9670.

I'll definitely update once we're assigned. :Pinkbounc

We are in the same boat (pun intended :D) and awaiting our GTY for a 5E in Oct. We are on the Fantasy; what ship are you on?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter