OFFICIAL The Pirates League Thread

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Berlioz70, Mar 26, 2010.

1. princessmorgan

princessmorgan DIS Veteran

My 3 oldest daughters did this last week and loved it! It was such a fun experience, even for the shy ones! This was their favorite thing of the whole trip. Every morning they would ask if they could do The Pirates League again that day.

Does anyone know where I could get the swords they give you? They loved their souvenirs, but TSA took them out of our checked bags on the way home :confused3 The girls were so sad.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mummabear

mummabear DIS Veteran

4. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

It will be close if they are running behind at all, so I would try to get there early and maybe they can get her in before her scheduled time.

5. Fantasyland Mom

Fantasyland Mom DIS Veteran

I don't think I shared the pictures of my girls from September:confused3. Julia wanted to be a Pirate Princess, and Brynn wanted the Mermaid makeover. They both loved it!

[​IMG]

(She's swimming;) .)
    [​IMG]

Aaaargh! Doesn't she look tough?:thumbsup2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's also some video of the experiences for a tiny bit in our family video (in my signature).

This was SUCH a great experience for my girls! I'm glad people are starting to realize that it's for girls, too. It's a great place!

6. Izzieheartscindy

Izzieheartscindy Mouseketeer

Your girls are so cute! Did you get their dresses there or did you bring them?

7. Fantasyland Mom

Thank you!
    I brought them. The red one was from Target and the Ariel one was from Toys R Us a few years ago. Brynn's on the Autism Spectrum (high-functioning), so I couldn't risk getting her a costume there that might not feel good on her skin! I also fixed her hair ahead of time so they wouldn't touch it, but she did still get the flower, as you can see!:goodvibes

8. BabyRapunzel

BabyRapunzel Mouseketeer

Love the photos! Your girls are sooo cute. We are looking forward to this for DD3 on our upcoming trip. At the moment she wants to be a mermaid, so we'll see. What ride is that in the photo? And is that a PP pic?

9. Fantasyland Mom

The ride is Barnstormer.
    The pics belong to my husband. We didn't do the PP pics.

10. Izzieheartscindy

Izzieheartscindy Mouseketeer

That is an awesome picture! Was he in the car in front of them?

11. Fantasyland Mom

Yes! And Sawyer and I were in the car behind them!

12. BabyRapunzel

BabyRapunzel Mouseketeer

Ooh good idea on the Barnstormer ride! Hoping DD will be tall enough this year.

13. Fantasyland Mom

DS was tall enough at 2...but that doesn't mean he enjoyed it;):rotfl:. See the look on his face?! Priceless. He didn't fuss, but I could tell it wasn't for him. The girls, however, look terrified but wanted to ride again immediately!

14. gracer9977

gracer9977 Happiness is Disney

Joining for info. Thinking of doing this on our next trip. :)

15. jandkmom

jandkmom Mouseketeer

Back from Disney where my DS did the Pirates League for his 6th bday. He had an amazing time, choosing the "cursed pirate" look (it's the one with the most make up). Word to the wise: bring make up remover with you. The black makeup is really hard to get off, especially around the eyes. They are very thorough so they paint the inner eyelids, which I can still see a faint line even days later. My DS looked like a strung out rock star ;)

16. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

My son is also 6. How far in advance did you make your reservation? How long does the session take? Are there 'best' times of the day to do this?

17. Berlioz70

Berlioz70 DIS Veteran

Read through the first post for lots of info! :goodvibes

18. jandkmom

jandkmom Mouseketeer

I made it a few weeks in advance but we went at a slow season. They said they could fit my DD in that day if she wanted to do it too but she didn't. The session took about 45 minutes or so but his makeup was pretty involved. We went in the morning but if you think your little pirate would like to march in their parade at 4:10, I'd do it closer to that time. My DS was done with the makeup before the parade :lmao:

19. smallblackstars

smallblackstars Mouseketeer

This is a great thread, lots of very useful information!! I will be at WDW in November and have been thinking of booking my daughter (she will be just turned 4 when we go) into the Pirates League for the 'Mermaid' makeover then getting her mermaid Ariel costume on her and taking her up to Ariel's Grotto to meet Ariel. I was a little unsure but after reading through this thread I am 110% sure she will love it!! I even think I'll book DH and myself in at the same time!! :p

20. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

Thank you! My son isn't into face painting. He'd hate the makeup. He'd never do the parade. I'll try to find a video about it and see if he wants to do it.

21. cancersucks

cancersucks Mouseketeer

I apologize if this has been posted, but couldn't find the answer in the search.

I made PL ressies for 9:05 AM on a 9 am park opening day. Will they let us in the MK a bit early with our confirmation number, or not since technically it's not till park opens? Anyone who has done this would be great help! I would love to get some empty(ish) MS pics. Thanks!:)