OFFICIAL The Pirates League Thread

Hi everyone, we go to PL in late Oct. What do your little ones normally wear? Costumes, tshirts? Not sure which way to go with it....

Hi everyone, we go to PL in late Oct. What do your little ones normally wear? Costumes, tshirts? Not sure which way to go with it....

We went in August and DD wore a pirate themed black strappy tank and lacy skirt, DS wore a POTC costume t-shirt and shorts with skulls print.

I just want to put this out there.
Friday we did the Pirates League. I was hoping one of my girls would do the new scary mermaid, but to no avail they both did the Mermaid package. We were attending the Halloween Party, so we had our appointment booked for 5pm

I am so glad we did these. The experience was amazing. The two pirates applying the makeup were awesomely fun. My girls looked beautiful when they were transformed. I ordered them each a costume off of ebay before we went, and the costumes went perfectly with the makeup.

We did end up getting suckered into purchasing the pictures though because the camera guy did a phenomenal job with the quality of the picture and the portrayal of each girl.

I highly recommend this place :thumbsup2

DD will just be wearing a Jake shirt from the Disney Store with shorts and DD will be wearing an aqua dress from Sears for her mermaid makeover. Their PL makeovers are a surprise. :goodvibes Not everyone dresses the part, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Have fun! :goodvibes

Has anyone ever purchased the costumes that they sell onsite? I believe they are 65$ Are they worth it or should we find something before leaving for Disney?

Another thing... You guys think it's going to be alright if I take two little pirates to dinner at 1900 Park Fare??

Thanks! :)

Has anyone ever purchased the costumes that they sell onsite? I believe they are 65$ Are they worth it or should we find something before leaving for Disney?

Another thing... You guys think it's going to be alright if I take two little pirates to dinner at 1900 Park Fare??

Thanks! :)

Personally, I have a hard time spending that much on a costume, but even more so than that, I would be afraid they would not have the correct size in stock once I got there. I try to have everything I need prior to the trip to lessen the stress. :goodvibes As for your meal, it will be just fine to take them after PL. In fact, they will probably get tons of attention from the characters. Have fun! :goodvibes

Ds is wearing a $10 pirate costume from dollar general, and he's going to CRT for dinner that night! I'd bring a costume with you.

smitch425 said:
Personally, I have a hard time spending that much on a costume, but even more so than that, I would be afraid they would not have the correct size in stock once I got there. I try to have everything I need prior to the trip to lessen the stress. :goodvibes As for your meal, it will be just fine to take them after PL. In fact, they will probably get tons of attention from the characters. Have fun! :goodvibes

I'm taking my 3 to HDDR!

Also be aware that your DD/DS might not want the makeup on all day. We left the park soon after DD and DS got their PL makeovers and when we got to the room DS wanted to be "himself" again so he washed his face. I was not mad with him at all as I felt the experience and photos were totally worth it.

I bought everyone Pirate shirts for our trip to Pirate's League.....the trip is a surprise so I didn't want them to wear costumes or anything. We wear matching shirts just about every day of our trip, so they just think I've decided on Pirate shirts for our MK day LOL

Just had to share the picture of my DD and hubby after getting done.
PirateLeague_zps65fbf9c1.jpg

What a cute dress Chellewashere.....their pirate/mermaid transformations turned out great!

They look awesome! Thanks for sharing. Our 3 kids are going in December, can't wait!

Thank you. They had so much fun doing it together. Your kids will have a blast

What a cute dress Chellewashere.....their pirate/mermaid transformations turned out great!

Thank you she had picked out the pirate princess when I made the dress..figured it would be great for meeting Jack then when we got there she decided on the mermaid :)

Does anyone have any pictures from the image package they could post? I'm curious what the back round looks like. My son has a Killer Captain hook Costume he is wearing one night. Wondering if the back round is neat pirate ship or anything??? Can you go in and pay for just a picture package. His face will already be done up lol

Also be aware that your DD/DS might not want the makeup on all day. We left the park soon after DD and DS got their PL makeovers and when we got to the room DS wanted to be "himself" again so he washed his face. I was not mad with him at all as I felt the experience and photos were totally worth it.

After an hour of being in the make-up in the hot sun, DS wanted it off. He was sweating and it started itching him.

Same here. Literally 45 min after it was done he was crying to get it off. Didn't bother me because he had such a blast while they did it. Just be prepared for that and don't get mad at them. The giggles he had transforming into a pirate were worth the 40 bucks!

Hi! Not sure if this is where I should post this but I just cancelled our Pirate's League appointment for October 16 at 1:00. My DS decided he wanted to be a ninja instead of a pirate. Hope someone can use this!;)

Can you go in and pay for just a picture package. His face will already be done up lol

Nope - it's an exclusive spot for those who do TPL, you can't even see it until completing the experience as it's hidden.

However, there is a spot just outside of the League that you may be interested in using... it used to house a Goofy Meet and Greet but is now vacant:

Pirate%20Goofy.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter