**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Just to add to what @soniam said, he's also a DJ in different parts of wdw, you might have seen him at Disney Springs or the MK dance parties, he's been with the company for a very long time.
Lobot is a character from SW episode V, Elliott dresses up as Lobot during SWW
I am here at DHS right now, went by guest relations and Patrick said that they haven't been told that sww would be cancelled so they are still thinking it's happening.
Side note: he also managed to get me VIP seating for Fantasmic for next Friday when we are celebrating my daughter's quinceañera here with her 6 closest friends, I still love the CM efforts to create magic even if they don't always have the info want.
JTA has been cancelled a couple of times due to rain but the sun is starting to peek thru, I'll be here until 8 for the last show

I have seriously dropped the ball on my own test. I have yet to get some more AA batteries to try out the Target BB8, but I happened across this post. I think it is neat to see them side by side, and there is a video. I knew it wouldn't be Sphero quality, but I am not about to spend $150 on a toy for my will-be 7yo. And while he has an iPod touch, I don't love the idea of him using it more than he already does. I am still happy with my choice. I do agree that the price is a bit steep, but I used the coupon they had out for Force Friday. I am sure they will have more coupons/be on sale as the holidays approach. I do like that it is bigger, and that the sounds come from the toy rather than the "remote". This has intrigued me enough to just cannibalize the batteries from something else and give it a try. I'll post after I do!

tumblr_inline_nltzbnGoue1tr5v0b.gif

I must say I am really glad I went ahead and renewed my aps early. Disney was very persistent about notifying me that I needed to renew. I wonder if the planned increases were part of the reason they were so persistent.

I must say I am really glad I went ahead and renewed my aps early. Disney was very persistent about notifying me that I needed to renew. I wonder if the planned increases were part of the reason they were so persistent.

We actually purchased our AP's in February for our December and SWW weekend trips. Would be a shame if we have to wait til next October to use them again.

Well fiddlesticks! It seems that Target BB takes alkaline batteries. I only have rechargeable, and they indeed do not work. I will hit the dollar store tomorrow and hopefully report back!

I have been following this thread religiously and haven't seen this asked yet- does anyone know if they do any special Magic Shots for SWW? And the characters for the meets come equipped with Photopass photographers, right? Just trying to maximize this new "forced" (see what I did there) upgrade to Photopass with our APs ;).

So glad DS got to do JTA this summer before they changed it!

Attachments

• IMG_20150611_122811.jpg
    IMG_20150611_122811.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 8
I have been following this thread religiously and haven't seen this asked yet- does anyone know if they do any special Magic Shots for SWW? And the characters for the meets come equipped with Photopass photographers, right? Just trying to maximize this new "forced" (see what I did there) upgrade to Photopass with our APs ;).

I don't remember specifically, and I can't remember if it's posted on the first page. Here are some report threads for people that I thought did the SWW magic shots.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/ch...-tr-update-10-3-pirates-in-arendelle.3415077/
http://www.disboards.com/threads/st...ur-party-and-shenanigans-update-9-19.3416078/

yes there have been magic shots before and the characters with a dedicated line have a photopass person, the roaming characters don't have one per character but there is a roaming photopass person

last year we got a magic shot with star wars rebels irza and sabine it was cool

Last year, we had two cool ones in one spot: 1) you're positioned just right to be battling Vader, 2) you're positioned to Force Push a bunch of stormtroopers away. Our favorite was the latter. :) We did individual ones with each of our kids, and then all of as a group doing the force push!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter