• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Looks like BB-8 is still at Brookstone for now...

It's funny, of all the websites, brookstone was the only one I could find online for the first 5-10 minutes of release. Who would have thought?

I just had to watch the promo video for the 4th time today to ease my nerves about how much I paid for basically a tool to terrorize my cat. I still feel good about it. lol. I should have figured that with the new movie I would need a savings account just for SW.

Cool! Maybe I'll get to go there someday. I have always wanted to visit Japan. Might as well see Disney while I am there.

I initially was not 100% sold on Disney Sea, thinking I was in Japan and how I should spend the time in Tokyo because who knows if I would ever end up here again, but I go to Disney all the time. My friend really wanted to go, so we did. It was awe inspiring. So much moreso than anything they have in Florida (and I LOVE Florida!). I am not sure any other Disney park can top that, but let's see how Shanghai goes I guess!

OH I almost forgot - Sphero is located in Boulder or somewhere near there. So they are not releasing them until midnight MST. So if anyone needs one still, check their website at 2:01am!

We just got back from our Meijer that did the 12:01 AM Force Friday. Had fun!! They had a Star Wars cake, chips,pop, and coffee. The free give away was SW Hotwheel cars. My son got a Clone Trooper one. There was a radio station there and my son won a huge SW cutout by answering trivia questions. He also got a BB-8. They only had two and he managed to get one. Yes!! :-)

I know the feeling. Hopefully, like this year, we will have plenty of notice thanks to @yulilin3. She must play Jedi mind tricks on people:darth: Also, some people got it last year and then canceled. They usually posted on here before they did. I didn't have a stake in it for SWW 2015, since we didn't go. However, next year's another story. I also only got to witness the package and Rebel Hangar madness. The other meals had already been released when I started following the thread. I am a little nervous about the meals, because we will be in the Bay Area for a wedding during the time they were released last year. Would it be rude to stalk DIS on my laptop or phone during a wedding ceremony:)

What time were they released last year? I'm a grad student and and wondering if I will need to skip class at some point. ;)

So I went to both TRU and Target. TRU's shelves were cleared before I even made it through the door (at the midnight opening). I did get the poster (Kylo Ren) and Lego brick. I decided since I was out, and it was 12:05, I went to Target. They gave away three of the 4ft Chewies, but none to me. Boo! I did however find a remote control BB-8 tossed behind some other boxes. It's not the Sphero. It says Target exclusive. It is remote-controlled, and I am pretty sure Santa will deliver it. I couldn't believe someone just threw it back there, and I happened to see it. Also picked up a nifty tank for myself. Target actually had several new women's cut shirts. They were cute, nothing specific to Ep7 though. I plan on hitting Disney store in the morning. I am already meeting some friends at the mall for coffee. I will get ODS the BB-8 cup if they have it.

Hi everyone and Happy Force Friday, here's a quick report on yesterday's event at Downtown Disney:
Arrived around 5:30pm and met up with @delmar411 who had been there since 11am...no line yet, managers didn't know when it would be set up but told us around 7pm. Grabbed a quick lunch/dinner at Earl Of Sandwich and decided to just start our own line. Around 6:30pm the manager showed us where to start the line, Delmar was the first one I was second and my daughter third. They blacked out all windows and doors so we couldn't see inside. The CM told us that even they weren't allowed to go in per some sort of contract of privacy thing...
Around 9pm the brought out the little lightsaber stand with ring toss that they had during the parade portion for Feel the Force package, if you got one in you got leftover AP posters if not you got a card autographed by all villains left over from the villain party last year.
Around 10pm out came the SW mini cupcakes (Yoda, Vader and Jabba) and Icees. There were about 150 people in the wristband line (people that bought tickets but then got refunded but were still allowed to go in first) and about 300 in standby.
At about 11:30pm the unveiled the window displays, I think they were pretty cool or we were just really tired, a lot of cheering.
At 12 the wristbanded people went inside, we went in around 12:25am
SWFA took over the video/infinity/book room and the train room. It looked pretty awesome and our plan was to get pictures but there were too many things so I told my daughter to take video, it's uploading as I type.
They do have BB8 at DTD and I'm imagining at DHS as well, retailing for $199.95.
Vinylmations sold out in 5 minutes not sure if there was any limited purchase on that
Limited Edition pin (edition of 10000) was behind the counter and was the only LE pin
The also had Limited Kylo Ren MB.
Here are the pictures we did take.
And now I have just a couple extra goodies so if anyone is interested send me a PM.
Both racers (cars BB8 and Kylo Ren) and1 Kylo Ren pin and 1 BB8 pin, again if interested pm me.
We had a lot of fun once inside, the CM kept it light and were all May The Force Be With You and doing Jedi Mind Tricks...got back home at 2am
Videos coming soon, they also have a less expensive BB8 that also spins, has lights and sounds, I almost grabbed it $16.95
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...006.1073741932.1406401066&type=1&l=3d991ac2a8

This video goes very fast, I think my daughter was on an adrenaline high from all the stuff. We will take a better, more detailed video Saturday at Watto's Grotto
Here's the cheaper BB8 in action, this is a slowmotion video that's why there's no sound but he beeps while he spins

Haven't had time to wade through the whole thread. I know there hasn't been a lot of info yet about Season of the Force, but any indications/speculation that there will be anything like the SWW dining packages or dessert party?

Haven't had time to wade through the whole thread. I know there hasn't been a lot of info yet about Season of the Force, but any indications/speculation that there will be anything like the SWW dining packages or dessert party?
RUMOR: Sci Fi won't have SW breakfast next year, other than that nothing else.

RUMOR: Sci Fi won't have SW breakfast next year, other than that nothing else.

Thanks! DH & DD12 are huge SW fans. We will be there in March and are hoping that "early 2016" will include our dates! I would like to plan a weekend night around the fireworks, etc. and was hoping there might be the possibility to book a SW dining experience of some sort to go with it. Curse TPTB, why do they have to be so vague and slow to release details?! It makes life painful for an obsessive planner! LOL Guess I'll just have to leave a hole in our schedule and have a plan B in case it doesn't work out.

Thanks! DH & DD12 are huge SW fans. We will be there in March and are hoping that "early 2016" will include our dates! I would like to plan a weekend night around the fireworks, etc. and was hoping there might be the possibility to book a SW dining experience of some sort to go with it. Curse TPTB, why do they have to be so vague and slow to release details?! It makes life painful for an obsessive planner! LOL Guess I'll just have to leave a hole in our schedule and have a plan B in case it doesn't work out.
I'm sure March would have Season of the Force... yeah it's not easy but leave your plans open.

Can't wait to get down there on MOnday!!! DD and I designed a set of SW trivia quizzes for DHs Wal-Mart event. Die hard fans had a blast with them but 'ordinary' folks had trouble - I knew we made them challenging but didn't think they were that hard ! When I find some time (or this thread hits a lull) I'll post them and see what you all think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter