**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

One of the sites said something about a Furbacca. DS has a Furby. It's a little annoying but cute. A Chewie one would be awesome though:)

I wonder if I can change my ringtone to be Chewie's howl. I bet my coworkers would love that, especially if I leave my cube and leave the phone there with the volume cranked up. They might accidentally shoot it, thinking it's an injured animal.
My message tone is the Star Tours bell, the one that sounds before you board the starspeeder

so now...do I go to Target as planned or take on the craziness that DTD is sure to be?
leaning toward DTD, I want to see what clothes they have...I wish they would show the pins and vinyls

the Disney Store in the Florida Mall is opening at 6am and the first 100 people get a pin, I'm debating on going to that or not, it would mean no sleep for me Thursday going into Friday...I'll see how I feel after Target, thankfully there's a Starbucks inside the Target...
I was thinking of sending my son to the Disney store but he has a full shift at Universal (9am to 5L15pm) and then plays at Splitsville 7:30pm to 11:30pm, and then does the whole thing again on Friday so I'm sure he won't want to wake up earlier than needed
I believe all Disney stores are opening at 6am, with two specific stores at midnight. We were in ours today, and she gave us a flier. The pins are to the first 100 people who make a purchase. They will have other activities, too, like coloring, stories, etc, but our flier doesn't give times for any of that.

Same with our local Disney Store. I'm not super clear on what's happening with Disney Store online, though.

"On DisneyStore.com, fans can enjoy special Limited Edition product, as well as free shipping on all Star Wars items from September 4 – 6." Does that all start at 12:01AM on Fri, though?
Online is opening at 12:01. Not sure that includes the pins, but the free shipping is nice!

We were also at Lego. They have the sets coming out on Friday, but they are not doing anything special. He implied they would do special events in December when the second wave of new sets hit closer to the movie release.

Are any of you interested in the limited edition pins or Vinylmation? I know that we don't have any pics of them but I could pick some up and then we can arrange paypal payment? pm me if interested.
It does say that they will have purchase limits.
I don't collect pins or vinyls so I would get them if you guys are interested

There was a similar story on NPR this morning talking about the movie industry. They used SW as the opening example in the story, that they have released all of these teasers trailers but not an official theatrical trailer., and the fans are going crazy watching them over and over. Then the story went on about how trailers are used in general to create buzz and their popularity, etc. not totally related, but it feels similar. They are doing their very best to hype the bajeezles out of this thing from every angle.

That is what worries me....typically Disney will go overboard hyping a movie that they don't think will make it on its own. By getting you hyped up about it and investing money in toys, clothing, etc ahead of the actual movie coming out you already have a sense of familiarity and therefore are invested in the movie before you've even seen it. And the movie may really not be that great, but because you're already invested....you love it.

Case in point.....Frozen.....love the music, love Olaf....but if you really stop and think about it the story is disjointed, with huge gaps and a lot of "what?" moments. But it is THE popular movie and they are ruining.....errr....redoing Norway to accommodate the mania. But it's NOT about the quality of the movie, or the short story.....because both of those were mediocre at best. (And before you bash me....really, stop to think ONLY of the story line). I am a Frozen fan, particularly love Olaf because he's so cute, but the movie I only watch while doing something else, for the music, lol.

Please....let me be way off base for Star Wars 7, but I'm getting a bit worried that they are spending almost a year hyping the movie.....but if you look at all the money they have committed to the franchise already, and to Star Wars Land......this movie in December MUST be a hit, or they're sunk. I pray I am totally wrong. Flat out wrong. Please.

That is what worries me....typically Disney will go overboard hyping a movie that they don't think will make it on its own. By getting you hyped up about it and investing money in toys, clothing, etc ahead of the actual movie coming out you already have a sense of familiarity and therefore are invested in the movie before you've even seen it. And the movie may really not be that great, but because you're already invested....you love it.

Case in point.....Frozen.....love the music, love Olaf....but if you really stop and think about it the story is disjointed, with huge gaps and a lot of "what?" moments. But it is THE popular movie and they are ruining.....errr....redoing Norway to accommodate the mania. But it's NOT about the quality of the movie, or the short story.....because both of those were mediocre at best. (And before you bash me....really, stop to think ONLY of the story line). I am a Frozen fan, particularly love Olaf because he's so cute, but the movie I only watch while doing something else, for the music, lol.

Please....let me be way off base for Star Wars 7, but I'm getting a bit worried that they are spending almost a year hyping the movie.....but if you look at all the money they have committed to the franchise already, and to Star Wars Land......this movie in December MUST be a hit, or they're sunk. I pray I am totally wrong. Flat out wrong. Please.
My 2 cents for whatever it is (or isn't!) worth, but I disagree.

I saw Frozen in a preview -- hadn't paid attention to ANYTHING about it, and our whole family loves it.

Re: Episode VII, when the "old guard" like Mayhew sing Abrams' praises, when I see the "real" sets, when I see the bits in the trailers, there's nothing that gives me pause. Unlike Ep I-III.

Any company that would NOT hype a SW film with the vets in it (Ford et al) would essentially be guilty of malpractice, I think! Whether the movie is good, great, or INCREDIBLE, I think ANY studio would hype the heck out of it. And even if it was mediocre, there is no way that Disney is sunk. They're way bigger than that.

My 2 (or 5?) cents. :)

ETA: I should add... what the heck do I know?! Maybe it's all just wishful thinking on my part! LOL! Fingers crossed... ;)

Last edited:
My 2 cents for whatever it is (or isn't!) worth, but I disagree.

I saw Frozen in a preview -- hadn't paid attention to ANYTHING about it, and our whole family loves it.

Re: Episode VII, when the "old guard" like Mayhew sing Abrams' praises, when I see the "real" sets, when I see the bits in the trailers, there's nothing that gives me pause. Unlike Ep I-III.

Any company that would NOT hype a SW film with the vets in it (Ford et al) would essentially be guilty of malpractice, I think! Whether the movie is good, great, or INCREDIBLE, I think ANY studio would hype the heck out of it. And even if it was mediocre, there is no way that Disney is sunk. They're way bigger than that.

My 2 (or 5?) cents. :)

ETA: I should add... what the heck do I know?! Maybe it's all just wishful thinking on my part! LOL! Fingers crossed... ;)

I completely agree. Episode 7 could be a steamy hunk of poo, but it's going to make a lot of money no matter what. What Star Wars fan isn't going to see it? Some of the prequels weren't that great, and they raked in the dough. It's not just about the new movie. It's about the whole franchise, which is a guaranteed money maker at this point, unless you completely neglect it by not releasing movies and not making merchandise. If they weren't hyping the new movie and releasing merchandise, people would complain about that, saying they were wasting their investment in Lucas:sad2:

Are any of you interested in the limited edition pins or Vinylmation? I know that we don't have any pics of them but I could pick some up and then we can arrange paypal payment? pm me if interested.
Have you seen any pictures anywhere of what the pins are going to look like? I might be interested if you are still willing. Thanks!

reading the comments on the DPB news on Force Friday.
So it looks like people that bought tickets will be refunded but will still get the messenger bag and be allowed at Once Upon a Toy first, and then the unregistered people will go in

I can see where you are coming from. I am not a Frozen fan, and ODS didn't care for it. I thought it was cute, and I liked the sister love angle for a change of pace. I'm not going to comment on quality since I have only seen it once. Disney certainly is riding this train to the end of the line though lol. But in regards to overhyping a movie, I think all studios are guilty. We've all seen some sort of film that didn't live up to the hype.

I am not worried with Ep7 though. The folks working on it all have a strong history of quality work. I am sure they won't fail now. And it can't be any "worse" than 1-3. Hopefully, the new characters can act. *cough, Hayden Christensen, cough* I think so much hype is going into this because they can make money off of it. Fans eat up all of the extras. Just look at how much money Force for Change made. That was for charity. Imagine the profits waiting for merch. I think the movie will be great, and I am really excited for it!

I am not interested in those items, but do you happen to know if they still have the Ewok stuffed animals? ODS picked out Wicket for the baby, and now he is lamenting not having his own Ewok. I have been thinking about one for Christmas, but the Disney Store doesn't have them, and the park app only shows Wicket. If i could get ODS an Ewok, I would be happy to PP and be forever grateful! :worship::hug:

The live unboxing event is showing right now costumes that will be offered at the Disney Stores
Kylo Ren, Stormtrooper, Phasma and Rey

I am not interested in those items, but do you happen to know if they still have the Ewok stuffed animals? ODS picked out Wicket for the baby, and now he is lamenting not having his own Ewok. I have been thinking about one for Christmas, but the Disney Store doesn't have them, and the park app only shows Wicket. If i could get ODS an Ewok, I would be happy to PP and be forever grateful! :worship::hug:
I haven't looked for them but I'm sure they have them. So which Ewok do you want? Is it Ok if it's Wicket or are you looking for any other?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter