**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Just got a call from Guest Relations concerning my email about SWW (I didn't leave a phone number on the email so I guess they have me on file ;) )
Basically she doesn't have an answer on if SWW is happening or not. She knows it's up on the site and she said that if they were to cancel the event we should hear an announcement sooner rather than later...no real answer there.
She did talk a bit about Launch Bay, she says it'll be a combination of Rebel Hangar and character interactions with some SW props and videos. No more on that
She doesn't have any details on Season of the Force either
She apologized for not havinh more info but she did say that we will start to feel a bigger SW presence in the park all together
Sounds like they aren't ruling out completely canceling SWW either. Bummer having to wait to hear....

Oh boy oh boy, how did I miss the start of this thread? We skipped SWW this year because we went to Disneyland instead. And got engaged there and are now planning our Disneyworld wedding. The wedding will be October 2016, but of course we will need to go for a planning session which we will schedule to coincide with SWW in May or June! I've already got the search going in RCI for check in anytime from May 13 to June 3, we will catch part of 2 weekends, planning to arrive on a Friday and depart the following Sunday. Cannot wait! But I know it's going to be a lot of waiting!

Edit: Guess I should have read more before posting...a possibility of no SWW? Oh boy, then we wouldn't want to go for our trip so late into the summer. Hmm, guess we will have to wait and see if anything is announced. Sheesh. I will not be mentioning this to my fiance just yet, it may break his heart, and since it's not for sure, I'd rather not do that to him.

I see a few of you got calls from Disney! Disney just called me too! She said she was following up on my email about SWW. She said that she is also a Star Wars fan and is looking forward the next years events. She said Disney understands that a lot of planning go into vactioning at Disney and she would expect for them to let us know about any changes to the regular SWW schedule. She said at this time she doesnt have any information about 2016 SWW. She said to watch the Disney Parks Blog for announcements. She said normally dates are released in Mid December. She states they expect The Force Awakens to be a huge hit and they are excited because it is the first film made since it was acquired by Disney. She stated she cant imagine any changes would be made to SWW and she doubts it is any less than it has been before. She said at this point there are no dates for Season of the Force but she expects it to be in addition to SWW.

Wow! So first because I'm just now getting to this thread, amazing news about the addition of the East Coast SW marathon!
Like... that's exciting! But a bummer that there's speculation SWW won't happen or major changes....

Heres hoping no changes with that since SWW was beginning to become our yearly outing having gone 3 years now for us.
Either way, all the SW news is exciting :)

I was just coming on to say that I got a phone call from Disney in regards to SWW, but it seems I'm not the only one. Well I will say it is awesome customer service that they are personally calling and not just sending emails.

maybe I should answer my phone instead of screening calls..lol
will a 407 or 800 show up on caller id?

I see a few of you got calls from Disney! Disney just called me too! She said she was following up on my email about SWW. She said that she is also a Star Wars fan and is looking forward the next years events. She said Disney understands that a lot of planning go into vactioning at Disney and she would expect for them to let us know about any changes to the regular SWW schedule. She said at this time she doesnt have any information about 2016 SWW. She said to watch the Disney Parks Blog for announcements. She said normally dates are released in Mid December. She states they expect The Force Awakens to be a huge hit and they are excited because it is the first film made since it was acquired by Disney. She stated she cant imagine any changes would be made to SWW and she doubts it is any less than it has been before. She said at this point there are no dates for Season of the Force but she expects it to be in addition to SWW.

I think we got the same caller. I was wondering if she winged it or had a spiel. Spiel it is:) I appreciate the call, but it was kind of a waste of time. I think in this case, since they couldn't do anything or know anything, I would have preferred an email. I wonder if she talked to you or me first. She told me SWW dates are usually announced in January or February. I corrected her that for SWW 2015 it was early December. I noticed she told you December. It seems we know more than them, as usual, but not as much as we would like in this case:( More waiting I guess:bored:

I think we got the same caller. I was wondering if she winged it or had a spiel. Spiel it is:) I appreciate the call, but it was kind of a waste of time. I think in this case, since they couldn't do anything or know anything, I would have preferred an email. I wonder if she talked to you or me first. She told me SWW dates are usually announced in January or February. I corrected her that for SWW 2015 it was early December. I noticed she told you December. It seems we know more than them, as usual, but not as much as we would like in this case:( More waiting I guess:bored:
I didnt have to correct her about the release dates. I received my call at 406pm central time. My call only lasted 4 minutes but she talked the entire 4 minutes!:mic:

I didnt have to correct her about the release dates. I received my call at 406pm central time. My call only lasted 4 minutes but she talked the entire 4 minutes!:mic:

She called me at 1:32pm CST. Mine last 4 minutes too:scratchin

maybe Season of The Force will cover the entire 6 weeks of Star Wars Weekends and they'll save their guests and special events for the weekends as per usual? with increased character presence and Darth's Mall open during the weekdays? Its going to be a huge year for Star Wars, I can't see them scaling back from this years events.

maybe Season of The Force will cover the entire 6 weeks of Star Wars Weekends and they'll save their guests and special events for the weekends as per usual? with increased character presence and Darth's Mall open during the weekdays? Its going to be a huge year for Star Wars, I can't see them scaling back from this years events.
This is a possibility, change the name "Star Wars Weekends" because it'll be an all week thing like Frozen Summer Fun...but they did say that Season of the Force will have fireworks on the weekends so I don't know.
My call was from a different 407 number and lasted almost 7 minutes but it's because I kept interrupting her to ask her questions, she was very chatty and a fast talker

Sounds like we all talked to the same woman :rolleyes1 I know it was a non answer but I appreciate the call. It seems unlikely they would do less Star Wars with the movie coming out. Maybe this year's 24 hr event will be Star Wars themed...which would mov it beyond just HS and into MK. Maybe they could have both parks open 24 hrs. How awesome would that be! Wishful thinking I know but still it would be so fun.

since I did not answer the call I got this today

Dear Lori,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

The past couple of weeks have brought lots of exciting news about
upcoming Star Wars themed additions to both Disneyland and the Walt
Disney World Resort. I hope you are as thrilled as I am about plans to
bring more of the Star Wars galaxy to our Theme Parks with new 14-acre
lands at Disneyland and Dsiney's Hollywood Studios. But we Star Wars
fans wont have to wait to experience more of the Force! Over the next
few months Star Wars Launch Bay, Season of the Force and a brand new
adventure on Star Tours: The Adventures Continue will arrive at
Disnelyand and Disney's Hollywood Studios. And of course we are all
looking forward to the opening day of Star Wars: The Force Awakens!

Unfortunately, we do not have any information at this time regarding
Star Wars Weekends. I would encourage you to keep a close eye on the
official DisneyParks blog which is the best resource for news about both
Disneyland and the Walt Disney World Resort.

Lori, I hope this information is useful in planning your upcoming visit.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me at
407-827-5395. I am available Wednesday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Kindest regards,

Alison Lovell
Guest Experience Services
Walt Disney World Resort

Just got a call from Guest Relations concerning my email about SWW (I didn't leave a phone number on the email so I guess they have me on file ;) )
Basically she doesn't have an answer on if SWW is happening or not. She knows it's up on the site and she said that if they were to cancel the event we should hear an announcement sooner rather than later...no real answer there.
She did talk a bit about Launch Bay, she says it'll be a combination of Rebel Hangar and character interactions with some SW props and videos. No more on that
She doesn't have any details on Season of the Force either
She apologized for not havinh more info but she did say that we will start to feel a bigger SW presence in the park all together
I received a call that I missed, and then this email...

"Thank you for contacting us regarding the Walt Disney World Resort.

As a fellow Star Wars fan, I share your excitement with the recent
annoucments regarding the addition of a Star Wars themed land at
Disney's Hollywood Studios, as well as plans to increase the presence of
the Star Wars Universe throughout our Theme Parks. Over the next few
months Star Wars Launch Bay, Season of the Force and a brand new
adventure on Star Tours: The Adventures Continue will arrive at
Disnelyand and Disney's Hollywood Studios. Just this week, RunDisney
announced that in April the Walt Disney World Resort will host its Star
Wars: The Dark Side Half Marathon, 10K and 5K weekend. And of course we
are all looking forward to the opening day of Star Wars: The Force
Awakens!

At this time, I do not have any information regarding Star Wars
Weekends. While we did announce "Season of the Force" for both
Disneyland and the Walt Disney World Resort there have been no
announcements of any kind regarding Star Wars Weekends. Please keep an
eye on the official DisneyParks Blog for breaking news regarding the
Walt Disney World Resort.

Carolyn, I hope this information is useful in planning your upcoming
visit to the Walt Disney World Resort. If you have any questions, or if
I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me
at 407-827-5395. I am available Wednesday through Friday between the
hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. EST."

If you guys want to start your Force Awakens shopping early, WalMart has some merchandise out already, thanks to @pookadoo77 for the find
11953083_852332664822025_556063024672098720_n.jpg

11903920_852332798155345_4233858934655476411_n.jpg

11953044_852329951488963_4703440727910425764_n.jpg

11960193_852329968155628_6941889057545633024_n.jpg

I'm headed there after I'm done babysitting, hoping the have the same selection

So glad I found you guys! I was on a (non-Disney) vacation during D23 weekend, with no tv or wifi (the horror!!!!) so am still trying to catch up on everything....was so happy to find the thread up and running already!!

While it does not appear that SWW2016 (assuming it happens) is in the cards for us, I plan to live vicariously through all of you this year! And maybe I can even offer some tips to the newbies from our experience last year.

Hoping that Launch Bay is at least open for our December trip so we can get our SW fix :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter