**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

if you only have one day VIP is the way to do it.........follow here and you will get your day..we did the vip last year and it was great way to see everything BUT you will not have a chance for character pics but we are trying to get that change for this year because the rides with no lines is great but most of us are not there for the rides on those days..stay tuned

Anyone remember how long after the announcement the Premium Packages sold out? I'm all over that this year!

Last edited:
After the unofficial announcement on this thread I think it was 2 days.
We announced first and then DPB announced the day after.
Here was the official announcement, by the comments it looks like it did sell out in 2 days, most of the dates
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...e-premium-packages-during-star-wars-weekends/

Ha! Two Days??? With this thread, that's as good as a year's notice! :earboy2:

So let's see, it gets announced about a month before... That means it'll be here at least 2-3 days before that. I read this every day... Yeah, that's happening. Thanks Yuli!

Wow. It reminds me of New Year's 2000 where you could watch New Year's roll in for hours from all over the world. And this is for an extremely popular movie franchise. What will they do with the next movie? Hard to top this, isn't it?

Can I just say, that I looked at the star wars merch for the Target event, and was disappointed. Nothing really jumped at me, and when I clicked the "womens" tab under clothing, they had ONE shirt. One. For men I think they had 79 items. Now, I know I can buy mens size small and all of that. Trust me I looked through. But really, a special event and you have one womens fit item? Psht.

shamelessly plug for my blog
http://parksintransition.weebly.com/
I started it last week and still building it. Let me know if you would like to see a specific subject, I will obviously do a couple on SWW later this year and next year
And for all of you who followed my daughter's costume building this year, she has decided on which character she wants to do for next year and it's a bit obscure unless you read the new Darth Vader comics
stwvader2.jpg

Meet Aphra...she is also thinking of updating her Sabine to be like Sabine in season 2

Stephanie will look so cool as that character. She will look so grown up too:)

So glad I found this thread! Hubby made me attend Comic Con for his Star Wars fix and while there I said then the kids and I finally get a trip to WDW. He agreed and I prayed that the weekend we go would/will turn out to be SWW. He apparently knew enough that he checked into the dates as well and told our TA he wants to be at DHS on those dates. I am keeping my fingers crossed! Now to learn everything we need to know about SWW before we get there!

shamelessly plug for my blog
http://parksintransition.weebly.com/
I started it last week and still building it. Let me know if you would like to see a specific subject, I will obviously do a couple on SWW later this year and next year
And for all of you who followed my daughter's costume building this year, she has decided on which character she wants to do for next year

[ photo removed ]

...she is also thinking of updating her Sabine to be like Sabine in season 2

Can I just say that I really, really hope she updates her Sabine costume and that y'all are there when we plan to be there? My 4 year old daughter saw the picture of her you posted, and was convinced that she was the real Sabine, and has been asking if we get to see her when we go next year. (For some reason, she liked Steph as Sabine better than the cast member photo we saw.) Your daughter is so lovely and so talented with her costuming!

I have a friend that's really into running (I've just recently started a few months ago) and she wants me to do the half marathon with her, so I've begun training. 33 weeks to go!

I think the toy unboxing is a little extreme, but meh. I'll just be going in person to see the new stuff at Target.

Can I just say, that I looked at the star wars merch for the Target event, and was disappointed. Nothing really jumped at me, and when I clicked the "womens" tab under clothing, they had ONE shirt. One. For men I think they had 79 items. Now, I know I can buy mens size small and all of that. Trust me I looked through. But really, a special event and you have one womens fit item? Psht.
Yeah not cool on the women's shirt merchandise. I'm hoping Her Universe has something for us down the road.

So glad I found this thread! Hubby made me attend Comic Con for his Star Wars fix and while there I said then the kids and I finally get a trip to WDW. He agreed and I prayed that the weekend we go would/will turn out to be SWW. He apparently knew enough that he checked into the dates as well and told our TA he wants to be at DHS on those dates. I am keeping my fingers crossed! Now to learn everything we need to know about SWW before we get there!
Welcome aboard, make sure tor ead the first page and the reports from people who went this year. Any questions that you might have please ask
Can I just say that I really, really hope she updates her Sabine costume and that y'all are there when we plan to be there? My 4 year old daughter saw the picture of her you posted, and was convinced that she was the real Sabine, and has been asking if we get to see her when we go next year. (For some reason, she liked Steph as Sabine better than the cast member photo we saw.) Your daughter is so lovely and so talented with her costuming!
Oh, that's sweet. I'll let her know. She is definitely considering updating her Sabine. She's in High School now so she has a larger load of work (she's also in the I.B. Program so more work on top of that) but she's planning on taking her Thanksgiving break, Winter break and Spring break to build the costumes.

I have a friend that's really into running (I've just recently started a few months ago) and she wants me to do the half marathon with her, so I've begun training. 33 weeks to go!

I think the toy unboxing is a little extreme, but meh. I'll just be going in person to see the new stuff at Target.
Yay, make sure to register as soon as it opens up (AP early registration hasn't been announced yet but it should be 2 weeks before regular) this race is sure to sell out in minutes

ODS is pretty jazzed about the lightsaber kits. There were a couple of other action figures and vehicles that he'd like, too. I wouldn't say anything is special except in regards to being from the new movie. I mean, otherwise, it seems like standard licensed toys. I didn't look through any of the shirts. I just assumed it was what is already out. I generally prefer the boxy men's cut, but it absurd they don't have more women's shirts, especially given Target's recent move to do away with "boys" and "girls" labels, opting for "kids" instead.

All of that said, it is really a bummer that these events happen at midnight on a school night. I am sure some kids will be there, but it is a shame most won't be when they are the ones who would really love the games and activities.

Just got a call from Guest Relations concerning my email about SWW (I didn't leave a phone number on the email so I guess they have me on file ;) )
Basically she doesn't have an answer on if SWW is happening or not. She knows it's up on the site and she said that if they were to cancel the event we should hear an announcement sooner rather than later...no real answer there.
She did talk a bit about Launch Bay, she says it'll be a combination of Rebel Hangar and character interactions with some SW props and videos. No more on that
She doesn't have any details on Season of the Force either
She apologized for not havinh more info but she did say that we will start to feel a bigger SW presence in the park all together

Just got the same call. Basically the same info. She did seem to think SW merch in Launch Bay as well...which given its Disney make sense. Plus with the onslaught of new merch...they just can't shove any more in Star Tours.

Just got the same call. Basically the same info. She did seem to think SW merch in Launch Bay as well...which given its Disney make sense. Plus with the onslaught of new merch...they just can't shove any more in Star Tours.
the merchandise will probably be set up where the old Art of Animation store was

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter