Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, one more thing...our Disney store had some SW stuff on sale. Got a pair of kids slippers for $3! We also got a Rebels backpack and lunchbox, and they had a light up one with Vader v. Luke with a lunchbox, too. They had a few pjs and Ezra costumes, but none in the right size for us. There were a few other little knick knacks, too.

Thanks! Most of my pictures got decent in there. A few I asked if they could move over a little bit because the lighting was bad. We've had fantastic character interaction. My only gripe about the Rebel Hangar was how many times they charged us as no shows.
I got one walk up last week (outside) and I stayed for 2 hours. Ate really slow and a lot of food. The cheese plate was awful. My character interactions were way too short. So no pictures I could do anything with. (I wish I could clone myself and be my own photographer) I am going to try and get in again this weekend. I hope to have a bunch more of that Blue Milk.

If the officially released information is correct, then the Rogue One movie should be set immediately before Episode 4.
I thought I wrote episode 4, i must have hit the wrong key sorry.

I got one walk up last week (outside) and I stayed for 2 hours. Ate really slow and a lot of food. The cheese plate was awful. My character interactions were way too short. So no pictures I could do anything with. (I wish I could clone myself and be my own photographer) I am going to try and get in again this weekend. I hope to have a bunch more of that Blue Milk.

If I go again, I'm just having blue milk and cupcakes.

Anyone know if the 6 new Ewok plush are still available? We'll be in DHS on the last day of SWW and my brother is hoping we can pick up one of each. He's a huge Ewok fan!
Thanks!

@yulilin3
Maybe next year we should put the trip reports or links to reports in a separate thread, like the one Delilah1310 created. It might make it easier to find stuff and to get notifications from this thread about urgent things, like Rebel Hangar ressies opening.

We have an 8am ADR at the Galactic Breakfast. Is there any chance we can quick try and get signed up for JTA and then head over to the breakfast? If my husband goes to sign up the kids, do they need to be with him or could the kids and I head over to the breakfast and have him meet us.

Are there fastpasses available for JTA? If so, do you have to get to the park in the middle of the night to get in line.

Thanks for all your help! SWW and JTA newbie!

Not Star Wars related, but what are your opinions on Main Street Eletric Parade and Festival of Fantasy fastpasses? I have both reserved, but am starting to rethink the FOF one. Our daughter will be in a wheelchair so I initially thought they may be the way to go. Thanks.

I checked in all shops on weekends two and three, all cast members I spoke to told me they only had Wicket, Logray and Teebo. So I only was able to get those three. The Chief was apparently never delivered and the last two (forgot their names!) are in a display case in Dartgs Mall! They will be out later this year I was told. Still hoping that the Chief is available soon....

Anyone know if the 6 new Ewok plush are still available? We'll be in DHS on the last day of SWW and my brother is hoping we can pick up one of each. He's a huge Ewok fan!
Thanks!

We have an 8am ADR at the Galactic Breakfast. Is there any chance we can quick try and get signed up for JTA and then head over to the breakfast? If my husband goes to sign up the kids, do they need to be with him or could the kids and I head over to the breakfast and have him meet us.

Are there fastpasses available for JTA? If so, do you have to get to the park in the middle of the night to get in line.

Thanks for all your help! SWW and JTA newbie!
The kids must be present for sign up, it's done right at park opening and there are no FPs. Check out the OP for tips on being at the front of the pack and getting there quickly. You could send DH and the kids to sign ups while you check in for breakfast, but they would need to be one of the first in line to meet you by 8.

Ahh...back among the Star Wars family. Been a crazy week since I got home. We had am amazing time. Besides the parade on Friday DS got to do PMC on Sunday. He was in the final 5. Even though Sunday was long (arrived at 6:20am and stayed until fireworks) we had a great time. DS enjoyed the shows...we did rebels and obi wan. Rebels was out pp show but we got to sit in the same seats for obi wan (had regular FP but had our pp credentials on) so they moved us since it wasn't too busy.

JAT brought me to tears with the story about his daughter. DS is adopted from Colombia. After the rebels show we ran back to try to see kit fisto...only Jedi council member we had left to see. Wasn't sure if we were close enough to make the rotation, so our favorite SWW cast member took our book backstage and got it signed for us. We did manage to get a new photo, but it was nice not having to worry about it.

Got a total of 4 Boba Fett posters. Kept one, am trading one and gave the other two away to cast members we met in lines who were big SW fans. We loved rebel hanger. Went on Friday and DS wanted to go back on Sunday. We didn't, but will definitely keep it in mind for next year.

Already thinking we may do toe weekends next year with Memorial Day being so late. Make it our long trip for the year...possibly even do a couple days at universal for Harry potter.

In the meantime, DS and I are signed up for the Star Wars races at DL in Jan. Both doing the 5k and I will also do Rebel Challenge. And a friend sent DS some film cells from a New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. Of course I will have to explain to him what film is...LOL.

While I am back at work...DS is having a blast traveling out west.

Not Star Wars related, but what are your opinions on Main Street Eletric Parade and Festival of Fantasy fastpasses? I have both reserved, but am starting to rethink the FOF one. Our daughter will be in a wheelchair so I initially thought they may be the way to go. Thanks.
We did a MSEP FP on Saturday and I could not have been more pleased with it. The location was great, my kids were able to sit right on the curb and interact with the characters, and we got to the location at about 8:40 - no holding a spot for hours! I can't recall if there was a special wheelchair section in the FP location, but it was not crowded at all. I'm not sure if there is a special wheelchair viewing area anywhere else, you may want to check the DISabilities board for more info on that, as it may be a better location, or at least just as good and you could save a FP. But I would not hesitate to do it again. Now, for FoF, the location is the same, but you are in full sunlight at 3 pm, so just something to consider. You may be able to find a better (and cooler) spot in Frontierland.

I checked in all shops on weekends two and three, all cast members I spoke to told me they only had Wicket, Logray and Teebo. So I only was able to get those three. The Chief was apparently never delivered and the last two (forgot their names!) are in a display case in Dartgs Mall! They will be out later this year I was told. Still hoping that the Chief is available soon....

Okay, that's good to know so I don't go searching like crazy for all 6 of them thinking I missed them. Thanks a bunch!

For any folks that have done the Chewie run, has anyone then gone straight to Darth Vader's queue after? Any idea how long it might already be?

I'm trying to plan which characters I hit prior to check in for the parade. Starting with Chewie run then trying to work out a strategy for any of DV, Shaak Ti, Mickey and Minnie or Donald and Goofy. I can't work them all in, but I'm at a loss as to the best plan.

Thanks so much for any help, it would be much appreciated!

Vader meets fairly fast. We were maybe in line 15 minutes and were easily 20 families back. Even if you have to wait it was still reasonable and much cooler in morning. Then you could go from Vader to the council.

We are going to do the chewie run and then dash over to Vader on friday. Not sure how it will all work out with the kids not moving quick but we will give it a go. Might be easiest to take the pokey one with me to the mall and send the other 2 with DH to do chewie.
Or we could all do the haul to the mall and DH and the kids could peel off to vader and then send me one kid so I can get what I need.
I am taking the youngest back on saturday just the 2 of us to do autograph lines all day so we could do the chewie run on saturday.

Vader meets fairly fast. We were maybe in line 15 minutes and were easily 20 families back. Even if you have to wait it was still reasonable and much cooler in morning. Then you could go from Vader to the council.

Thanks! I think the current plan is Chewie Run then Vader then council. I can always call an audible if his line looks unwieldy.

We are going to do the chewie run and then dash over to Vader on friday. Not sure how it will all work out with the kids not moving quick but we will give it a go. Might be easiest to take the pokey one with me to the mall and send the other 2 with DH to do chewie.
Or we could all do the haul to the mall and DH and the kids could peel off to vader and then send me one kid so I can get what I need.
I am taking the youngest back on saturday just the 2 of us to do autograph lines all day so we could do the chewie run on saturday.

I'll be doing the Chewie run on friday, so maybe I'll see you. It's the only day I'm dressing up so I want to get some pictures before the parade and shows get started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter