Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchase them online through your MDE and link the confirmation numbers to your MDE account if they aren't linked up automatically. You can book FPs as soon as the numbers are linked. If you already have MagicBands you won't need to pick up your tickets.

If you don't have MagicBands, you'll need to pick up your tickets at your resort, Guest Relations or a ticket booth.
What about Magic Bands, MDE and AP... if we already linked out APs do I still have to go to a ticket window?

What about Magic Bands, MDE and AP... if we already linked out APs do I still have to go to a ticket window?
Do you only have an AP Voucher? If so, you need to stop by a Guest Relations window to fully activate your AP. You have to show your ID prior to full activation of your AP.

Check your MDE after your activation because you'll be able to customize a new MB.

So I made shirts for all of us the other night (even got custom designs made on Etsy). After seeing his shirt, DH realized why I had asked for his favorite character, and then turned around and requested a different character on a moisture wick shirt instead. :-/

So I have an Adult L white T shirt with a picture of Han Solo inside a Mickey Mouse head. Walt Disney World is underneath the Mickey head. On the front, there's a picture that's half Republic, half Empire, and it says Star Wars Weekends 2015 underneath it. I have pics, but can't get them to post on my iPad.

Would anyone be interested in it? We will be there this Saturday!! (And will be at WDW through the 5th)

So I made shirts for all of us the other night (even got custom designs made on Etsy). After seeing his shirt, DH realized why I had asked for his favorite character, and then turned around and requested a different character on a moisture wick shirt instead. :-/

So I have an Adult L white T shirt with a picture of Han Solo inside a Mickey Mouse head. Walt Disney World is underneath the Mickey head. On the front, there's a picture that's half Republic, half Empire, and it says Star Wars Weekends 2015 underneath it. I have pics, but can't get them to post on my iPad.

Would anyone be interested in it? We will be there this Saturday!! (And will be at WDW through the 5th)
I need to see this :) it sounds interesting ;) I just want to see it

I keep staring at my Star Wars lightsaber shirt and deciding not to wear it, lol.

That's the one thing I really dislike about Disney. They sell all these awesome clothes and you buy them and then get home and realize that there's really no appropriate place to wear a rhinestone snow white shirt!?!?!

I totally wear mine around town. But I do work at home and have 3 kids. I figure everyone needs a little Magic in their day!

Map Weekend III Confirmed autograph sessions and Boba Fett stein back on the map :D
11295679_1656196987948339_655141304830062719_n.jpg

11147888_1656197051281666_3609107771811304117_n.jpg

Just thought I'd add a few other observations about some of the experiences we did while we were there.

JTA:
We got a guaranteed spot in JTA thanks to the VIP package. You do not have to do JTA on your VIP day. Thank goodness because as it turned out, we wouldn't have had time. If you have an older child, stand towards the front of the stage. Parents of younger kids should stand by the rope more to the left. These areas give you up close viewing for that specific age group.

Sci-Fi SW Breakfast:
Food was great. Atmosphere was great. Character interaction was fantastic. They were not giving out the light up lightsabers. They ran out. Not sure how they didn't order enough of these to begin with. This is another area that just confuses me. They knew how many people they had booked & when. That seems like a no brainer planning step to me. Saw Greedo, Stormtroopers, & Jawas. Jawas did trade.

Hollywood & Vine SW Dinner:
Food was fine, nothing outstanding. Desserts were good. Character interaction was good, they came by often. The atmosphere was just loud & seemed hectic. They gave out paper lightsabers to make. Saw Princess Minnie, Darth Goofy, Chipwoks, Jedi Mickey.

Rebel Hangar:
Food was excellent. Atmosphere was very good but in some areas seemed a little thrown together. Wish there was more seating. Waitress was excellent. Character interaction was very good if you could catch them. In some cases the character only made an appearance for a few minutes before leaving. Waitress told us we'd have to go up to them if we wanted to see them as they wouldn't come to all tables. That dampened the experience slightly having to stalk them. We saw Ezra, Sabine, Greedo, Cantina Band, & Jawas. Jawas did trade.

General:
Bona Fett steins were not available at the beginning of the weekend. Found out new stock arrived at 2pm only at the slush kiosk by H&V. Once word spread they went fast.

@Cynister thanks for your detailed reports. I'm sure it'll help people for future trips.
What was your absolute favorite thing about SWW and the thing you liked the least?

as a matter of fact. Same questions for everyone who's still around and have been to SWW this year.
Favorite and least favorite thing about SWW....I wanna know :D
@jennab113 I haven't forgotten, you still owe me this answer ;)

Looks like the death star glow cubes and x wing clip ons might be sold out? They only mention the millennium falcon in that pamphlet, unless they only mentioned millennium flacon in the older ones too?

Well Sunday 5/31 is going to be so much fun. I was just able to pick up a 825 am reservation for breakfast at Star Wars Dine-In Galactic Breakfast! at Sci-Fi, 10 am I check in for the Feel the Force Premium Package at Disney's Hollywood Studios and 4:30 I have reservations for Jedi Mickey's Star Wars Dine at Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic 1st Show.

So my only question is what time should I arrive at HS on Sunday. Obviously I need to be there before 825 to make my breakfast reservations.

Last edited:
Looks like the death star glow cubes and x wing clip ons might be sold out? They only mention the millennium falcon in that pamphlet, unless they only mentioned millennium flacon in the older ones too?
only Falcon was mentioned in weekends II map

The xwing is only available at the rebel hanger.

as a matter of fact. Same questions for everyone who's still around and have been to SWW this year.
Favorite and least favorite thing about SWW....I wanna know :D
@jennab113 I haven't forgotten, you still owe me this answer ;)

Favorite things: dessert party and parade viewing with FTF DPP - I loved that we got to sit under an umbrella with no one in front of us while enjoying ice cream, soda, and popcorn. I loved the desserts and drinks while watching fireworks.

Other favorite thing: character interactions - everyone we met was great. At Jedi Mickey's, Dale played around with his sling shot and took a picture holding our light saber. At the SW breakfast Greedo jumped on our car and scared me, which was followed by a big hug. Chewie loved that my fiance and I were wearing him on our shirts. We also have a bunch of other pictures where characters really got into the SW theme. Also, when we went to Animal Kingdom we told Goofy that we preferred his Darth Vader look and he responded by shaking his head in agreement and posing as Darth Vader (photographer missed the moment, though).

Least favorite: The seats at the Theater of the Stars - I made it through 2 shows without much problem but was so uncomfortable by the 3rd and 4th.

Other least favorite: Lines (but this applies to all of my Disney days)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter