Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well On the 16th I have a Obi Wan FP+ and a 7:30 RH ADR and there is no mention of a time overlapse so it may only be 30 mins

2 years ago, we attended starwars weekend and had my DS1 sign up for Jedi training. That time, we had to arrive before park opens and sign him up... is this still true this time around? I tried going back to read but I must have missed it...

Well On the 16th I have a Obi Wan FP+ and a 7:30 RH ADR and there is no mention of a time overlapse so it may only be 30 mins
I'm sorry I didn't pick up on the time change of the show. I just went back to my video that I took 2 years ago and it was 30 minutes, but saw one from lastyear and it was 45min. I would try and push back your ressie. Sorry about that

So how would it work with the pre-order and RSP stuff since that's already paid for? All or nothing? So I couldn't even put a new magic band on and send everything else to the resort? It looks like I should probably plan on driving back and forth.
With pre-orders, you'll have to ask and see if they'll write out what's been taken by you and you may have to sign it. It's just a precaution for them because some guests may say they never received something that wasn't included in the shipped to resort bag.

If they won't adjust the receipt, just rent a locker.

2 years ago, we attended starwars weekend and had my DS1 sign up for Jedi training. That time, we had to arrive before park opens and sign him up... is this still true this time around? I tried going back to read but I must have missed it...
Yes be at the entrance no later than 7:20am. Stay to the left after you enter and as soon as the Stormtroopers let us in you'll walk down Vine street, there will be CM telling you where to go. The sign ups are at the Indiana Jones Theater

I clicked on the link in the DiningBuddy e-mail as fast as I saw it. It took me immediately to the reservation page. A previous time, for CRT, I followed the link in the text that I received, and it worked just as well. The key is acting quickly, so I wouldn't call in. The reservation might be gone by the time you get through the prompts.
Thank you ! I appreciate the info.

You need to arrive before the park opens to be in line but the actually sign ups take place inside after the park opens (HS will open earlier than the posted 8:00 am)

I'm sorry I didn't pick up on the time change of the show. I just went back to my video that I took 2 years ago and it was 30 minutes, but saw one from lastyear and it was 45min. I would try and push back your ressie. Sorry about that

I'll just ask before we go in how long and if it's 45 we will skip it (Obi Wan) and go weekend 4 or do stand by or whatever. Its not a big deal for us. And I of course will do that first thing that day and alert everyone of the drop just in case

So how would it work with the pre-order and RSP stuff since that's already paid for? All or nothing? So I couldn't even put a new magic band on and send everything else to the resort? It looks like I should probably plan on driving back and forth.

For the GG you will be able to send everything back to the room or the front of the park. They just ring up a tag for your rsp stuff.

They wont send anything they cant replace so if you ordered magic bands then you will have to keep them with you.

Yes, I'm in northern Silver Spring, almost Olney. :-)

First trip? That's exciting. I leave on Monday night. I'll be in MK Tuesday. Epcot Wednesday and Saturday. DHS/SWW Friday and Sunday.

Are you doing the Chewie Run?

On a related note, the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs are having SW night the weekend after we're back. The local 501st will be there. http://www.somdbluecrabs.com/event/details/38/southern-maryland-blue-crabs-vs-lancaster-barnstormers
We're doing the Chewie run and FTF deluxe on Friday, then MK on Sat (though we might stop at HS if we forget anything). Tuesday-Thursday is a park-hopping mess but at least we got all the ADRs. That baseball game sounds neat, we'll probably end up going. Thanks for sharing

I love Disney, and I mean LOVE. But to me, they are to be blamed entirely. If you have a product that you are going to offer, get all of your facts straight, announce it thru your blog and sell it.
Imagine having this same type of misinformation from any other product. It's just not good costumer service
I tend to agree that they let this leak so that people don't call at the same time because they don't have a good IT department that can handle the influx (look at Free dinning) Also they are cheap and have a reservations dpt that does not know what they are doing. The people that answer the phones are not even in Orlando, many work from home. They search for things the same way you and I would do, just with a bit more inside information. They are not properly trained. This will not change while Disney continues to put out products and they continue to sell out. The only real way to get anything changed is sending Guest Communications an email. they tend to, at least get back to you in a couple of days, and talk to you directly on the phone

Great point about them selling out. Disney has no incentive to change the process or improve communication with their agents. WDW is a license to print money and it is all about supply/demand. If demand goes down, changes will have to be made.

I do want to say that their contact center agents are generally extremely friendly and regardless of how busy they are, I've never been rushed off of the phone. As someone who has managed contacted centers for the past 10+ years, I appreciate that, understanding how hard the job is. This is more of a management issue than an agent issue.

I got a RH ADR for May 21 at 7:55!!! This will I guess be a dessert party for us because we have 4:30 BOG ADR's. This is going to be a CRAZY weekend!!!

Great point about them selling out. Disney has no incentive to change the process or improve communication with their agents. WDW is a license to print money and it is all about supply/demand. If demand goes down, changes will have to be made.

I do want to say that their contact center agents are generally extremely friendly and regardless of how busy they are, I've never been rushed off of the phone. As someone who has managed contacted centers for the past 10+ years, I appreciate that, understanding how hard the job is. This is more of a management issue than an agent issue.
By all means the reservation agents are friendly, but not always willing to be super helpful. Again I blame lack of training and information. I've had great CM that have gone above and beyond on the phone, I've had regular CM who just do their jobs and I have been hung up once by one CM, last week, during the RH mess.
It has to be very frustrating to them when we know more information than they do, I can only imagine

I have the following to cancel (don't be mad that I have been holding on to a lot, most of these were booked for friends who decided to cancel their trip)

Galactic Breakfast
May 15 - 2 people -8:15am and 10:20am
May 17 - 2 people - 8:30am
May 18 - 2 people - 8:30am
May 22 - 2 people - 8:00am

Jedi Mickey Dinner
May 15 - 2 people - 4:40pm and 6pm
May 16 - 2 people - 4:45pm, 6:15pm, and 7:30pm
May 17 - 2 people - 4:50p, 6pm, and 7:15pm
May 18 - 2 people - 5:15pm, 6:30pm, and 7:45pm
May 22 - 2 people - 5:15pm, 5:50pm, and 7pm

PM to coordinate. Please share this any where you want.

I'm interested in the May 17 - 2 people - 8:30am. I think I'm short one post to PM you tho.

If anyone is thinking about dropping a Galactic Breakfast ADR for the morning of 5/29, pls let me know, I'm looking for a reservation for 2 people, earlier in the morning the better. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter