Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok just got off the phone and here's what she told me:
Deluxe Premium viewing of parade will be across from My Magic Center next to Mickey's of Hollywood
Only soft drinks and water for the parade viewing
Includes all shows for that day no matter if there are 3 or 4 or 5 shows
Fireworks viewing on the right side of the plaza facing GMR and there will be seats
Access all day To Darth's Mall

On the Premium viewing on the left side of the plaza facing GMR so same as last year, Soft drinks and water included no ice cream
One show to be booked at 10am
Fireworks in the same area as the parade no seating available

She said one person ca pick up the credentials for the entire party

Updated for anyone who might be interested... Feel like I need more details on the VIP pkg now!!

SWW packages 2015 v2.jpg

For all of you who are calling in & then being told that there are systems issues, such as being down, but you see that others are being able to book it.......be aware that many of these "CM's" are probably work-at-home-agents. So it's their home computers that are having problems, and not Disney's. Being a former waha, I can usually tell from the flow of the call if I'm talking to one, and that's who I got when I called today, both times this morning.

These agents are taking overflow calls to Disney Dining, and they only know what they can read off their screens.

Ok just got off the phone and here's what she told me:
Deluxe Premium viewing of parade will be across from My Magic Center next to Mickey's of Hollywood
Only soft drinks and water for the parade viewing
Includes all shows for that day no matter if there are 3 or 4 or 5 shows
Fireworks viewing on the right side of the plaza facing GMR and there will be seats
Access all day To Darth's Mall

On the Premium viewing on the left side of the plaza facing GMR so same as last year, Soft drinks and water included no ice cream
One show to be booked at 10am
Fireworks in the same area as the parade no seating available

She said one person ca pick up the credentials for the entire party

Thanks so much for all you've done to help us all figure out details before the official release. I am having a hard time visualizing the Deluxe PP parade viewing area... Based on these descriptions, do you see an advantage with this parade viewing location like maybe shade or a better view?

I'm a little disappointed about no snacks at the parade. I mean, what's the cost of a Mickey bar or two? However with the one day cancellation at least I have plenty of time to see how it goes.

ETA: Is a Mickey bar really going to cause me to cancel, as much as I love them?

Thank you SO MUCH for this information!!!! I had to spend 45 minutes and go through two CMs to get this booked. It was a nightmare. I can't beleive how uninformed they were today. I was orginally told it wasn't available and while we were still on the phone I saw the post about the time. I asked her to put it in as 10am and BAM...we're in for 6/13!!! So excited :dancer:
I am so glad you got in !! Happy Dance time :yay:

I just want to commend and thank everyone on this thread, especially yulilin3. We are not going this year, but all of the great information and sharing has made me really want to go next year or 2017, at the latest. I had never thought about attending SWW. We are not huge SW geeks. Well, we've never been to a convention and don't wear costumes, unless you count my R2D2 knee socks. But the information here has made me realize that there really is a lot at SWW, for the advanced and novice fans alike. Anyway, this thread has just reassured me how wonderful these boards can be. So many other threads have devolved into bickering lately, and I don't see an ounce of that here. It makes want to keep reading the boards, or at least this thread.

Thank you everyone:thanks:

I'm gone for a weekend and I miss 20 pages. Dear Sith Lord.

:lmao:Ha!

I'm a little disappointed about no snacks at the parade. I mean, what's the cost of a Mickey bar or two? However with the one day cancellation at least I have plenty of time to see how it goes.

ETA: Is a Mickey bar really going to cause me to cancel, as much as I love them?

BYO(m)B?

What can anyone tell me about the DTech event? I am thinking of getting one for my son and husband. Would doing it on the day I have the FtF package be a good idea, or should I wait until the following weekend to do it? Does it take very long? With the FtF package, I will have access to mall, so wondering if that factors into it at all? If you have done it, worth it? I'd do the smaller figures. Would love to see pics if you have any!
Ty, posted!

Possibly, although one of the appeals was not having to pay for snacks for the family of 5, but I know drinks will be much appreciated in the heat. But, should circumstances be dire, I'm sure I can dig up a Mickey bar somewhere….

Earlier today I had booked a Deluxe package on 5/23 for myself, and a Premium package for my wife and daughter (2.5 years old), as they probably weren't going to be up for seeing the shows. Maybe the Warwick Davis show, as my daughter likes Ewoks. But given that it's clearer now that there are different seating areas for the Deluxe and Premium packages, just called back to switch them to a Deluxe package too. Reservations were all filled up for booking a new Deluxe package, but the CM was able to add them to my package and cancel the Premium package. An extra $30 to be able to sit together makes it very worth it.

I had asked the first CM if I could dress up when walking in the parade, and she said that you can't be dressed up to the point where you'd be mistaken for a character. Not sure if I'd do anything or not, but I made a super cute Ewok costume for my daughter for Halloween last fall, and it would be super tempting to have her wear that. Although it might be too warm, so we'll see.

Also will be handy having us all in the Deluxe so we can all go into Darth's Mall together. Not sure if they'll join me for all the shows, as I'm not sure my daughter might get pretty restless. $200 is a big chunk of change that we weren't expecting to spend, but this freed up at least two days that I was going to the Studios just to use a FP to see a show. Now we'll have more time for the Magic Kingdom, and maybe even to get over to Animal Kingdom one morning, which would be fun. And this frees up FPs on the day we're doing the package, so we can maybe get some Toy Story in. So overall, this will reduce our stress for the trip and make it a lot easier to have a well-rounded time.

So thankful for this thread so that we knew about this and all the details so we could book accordingly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter