Official Star Wars Weekends 2015 Trip Reports and Recaps

Delilah1310

DIS Veteran
This thread is dedicated to trip reports and post-trip recaps from the 2015 Star Wars Weekends.

Please be sure to share your experiences here as a resource so we can all learn and be prepared for what to expect at next year's event!

Pictures welcome, too!
Here are a bunch from @yulilin3 that give a great overview -
weekend I
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10206872480876333&type=1&l=863018f2cd
motorcade from DPP https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10206894952998122&type=1&l=b6b0ca8dd2
shows with DPP https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10206894948077999&type=1&l=23b2e3ea81
dessert party DPP https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10206894946517960&type=1&l=d917874a9b
Day 3 https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10206894944397907&type=1&l=9cac1b0f8b

Weekend II
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10206939273746113&type=1&l=a2b19ce299
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...457.1073741922.1406401066&type=1&l=a7dbccff85

Weekend III
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...822.1073741925.1406401066&type=1&l=edfab01c8c

Weekend IV
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...774.1073741927.1406401066&type=1&l=1a4c4c8e3f
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...863.1073741928.1406401066&type=1&l=e1fa7b4b88

Weekend V
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...530.1073741929.1406401066&type=1&l=0ee113cec0

May the Force Be With You!

(I am copying and pasting some of the trip reports from the tips thread - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3324422 and I apologize if I miss anyone. Please re-post your report here, if you would like. thanks!)

Last edited:
@Florida Girl

Week I
http://www.disboards.com/threads/of...nd-tricks-2015.3324422/page-809#post-53675655

Back from the week-long extravaganza.....SWW Friday and Saturday :love:
Friday did the Chewy run where Maxie was finally the short one! Friday was all about the meals and characters. The Sci-Fi breakfast was pretty delish but the stormtroopers were awesome they did not like the fact that Maxie was taller then them and when i stood up (5'10") they made us both sit down, lol :) The Rebel Hanger was the perfect spot for a few drinkies and snackies,checked in and did not even wait two minutes for our reservation. The H&V dinner was fantastic character interaction and pretty delish as well.
Saturday oooh let's talk about how flipping awesome the Deluxe Premium Package is we checked in around 10 went and dinked around, read ciggie time, went back had some waters and ice cream and watched the parade. Might of been in the blazing sun but definitely not feeling crammed or being stomped upon. And how awesome to walk behind the parade and be right in front of the stage for the show!!! The reserved seating for all three shows? Waltzing right into the mall? Yes,please! How awesome :) And finally the dessert party...plenty of tables not packed in, right next to the stage,fab drinks....yum dark side iced coffee and desserts too! Might have had to look up a wee bit for the fireworks but as amazing as they are it was totally cool.
Bottom line....Deluxe Premium Package? Best.Package.Ever.
Thank you Yulilin3 for this amazing thread and the awesomeness that is you! It was so lovely to meet you during the dessert party :)

@MakiraMarlena

Week I
http://www.disboards.com/threads/of...nd-tricks-2015.3324422/page-809#post-53675660

Mostly due to this thread I got one great day at SWW Saturday. I have all 3 spaceship glow cubes and a Boba Fett head stein. They ran out of the steins quickly, that's going to be the big purchase this year.

I did the premium package and they let me check in about 9 AM, get a card for Stars of the Saga (traded in my fastpass) and I left until 10 when they let the line in. I wasn't in the front but I got some pictures anyway. Stars of the Saga was great, Mr. McDiarmid was very entertaining although Ms. Allen was a bit flat. for the dessert party, stand to the left of the stage, not right in front of it, to see fireworks. (that does mean you won't be able to see much of the preshow but it is on a screen too). I really like the Jabba cupcake. Next weekend I'll have friends with me but I didn't have trouble getting back to a table.

Loved Rebel Hangar. A friend and I had the cheese sabers and a sith & chips and it was plenty of food. Portions seem huge. the Rebel Red drink is pretty strong and the Dark Side martini comes with a dark chocolate truffle. The Cantina Band came through. They did visit tables. I have one of them painted on my magic band and they loved that. There were a couple of jawas too. No other characters appeared while I was there.

Pretty sure I saw Sunrise marching in the parade.

And the Imperial officers were out in the afternoon, interrogating passersby. They are pretty funny, for Imperial officers.

@MunchkinandSugarBear

Week I
http://www.disboards.com/threads/of...nd-tricks-2015.3324422/page-813#post-53677520

Ok here is my review in short order.

We got to RH maybe 5 mins before our ADR which was at 7:20pm this was where I meet Sunrise they had said they were still waiting for their ADR and had been told 30 mins if I'm remembering correctly. Anyhow we must have lucked out cause we got in around 7:30pm and were sat in the Fett area, which is the smaller offshoot room to the left of the entrance. Our service was fantastic we had two different servers in the room which had 4 tables in it so I'm sure they had more that they were tag teaming, but they worked really well together and the service was very speedy. The BF got the Tatooine Sunset which he said was really good (it had pineapple juice though so I hated it). I got the Dagobah Swamp juice which was really delicious and the right amount of sour unlike the Endor that you get at Darth's Mall (I threw 3/4 of it out cause it was SOUR). We also got the Sith and Chips (the hummus), The Thermal Detonators, and The Sliders. The hummus was delicious the red pepper coulis was sooo good and added a great flavor to something that is usually bland. I will definitely order this again on June 13th when we have our other ADR. The thermal Detonaters were also very good the meat fell off the bone and had just the right amount of spicy and heat. The Sliders weren't bad but nothing to right home about they were really just sliders. I thoroughly recommend trying to get in the Fett room as since its sort of closed off it feels more private and loungey plus the added themeing is more prevalent here as the space is smaller. I fully plan on starting a Trip report for all of my Disney adventures and will include pics there and more "detailed" info. We didn't get any characters except for a Jawa at the last minute but it wasn't a big deal for us cause we had our Galactic Breakfast that day plus as you can see from my earlier pictures it was basically impossible fr me to take a good picture that day

@jane2073

Week I

http://www.disboards.com/threads/of...nd-tricks-2015.3324422/page-816#post-53679291

We were there on Saturday. Some observations:

We got there at 9:15. That is too late to sign up for the PMC. Or anything else.

If you only want to see the 501st march in the parade, stand by the out door seating area at the Backlot Express. It does not get crowded there until about 10 minutes before the parade. And even then, it is not that crowded. I saw Sunrise!!

I got to meet Yulilin and Character Locater Kenny at the Dis meeting area in the ABC Commissary. They were both very nice. :).
I believe I offered other Dissers our table before we left.

We got into the stand-by line at 12:55 for the 1:45 Rebels show. It was hot and sunny. We did manage to get great seats.

We got water after the show and then immediately got in the fastpass line for SotS. Again, very hot and sunny.
Again we got good seats.

The theater is surprisingly not awful.

After splitting a Vader cupcake, we went to the Darth's Malls. The X-Wing collectibles line took about 10minutes. As of Saturday afternoon, they still had plenty of the Dooney and Burke. Soooooo tempting.
The Watto's Grotto line too about 30 minutes to get through.

We had a RH reservation for 6:15. We checked in at 6:10 (I saw lovethattink going in to get seated)and did not get called for seating until 6:45. We waited for about 10 minutes before someone came by to take our order. I saw Greedo we we came in but no characters came by during our meal. Once we finally ordered, everything came out really fast, including our drinks. We were done about 7:30. Two Jawas came by and made it to about three tables (including ours!) before the character handlers whisked them away.

Right as we were walking out, Ezra and Sabine came by. We did a quick u-turn and I was able to get a picture of them with my daughter.

We left shortly after. The sun is so draining.

We will be back for Weekend III.

@msmama

http://www.disboards.com/threads/of...nd-tricks-2015.3324422/page-817#post-53680216

Week I - Regarding the VIP experience

It was great - was it that much better than the DDP? I don't know. We did Sunday when there was a rainstorm right at parade time so we weren't in the sun which was nice. At one point during lunch at mama melrose, a tour guide manager came in to check on the tour. He said, "it's crazy busy out there today." I said, "really, I had no idea' it doesn't seem busy to me at all." And he said, "well, then we are doing our jobs right."

We met Vader, shopped,, breakfasted, rode ST, TSMM, RnR and ToT plus watched the parade before lunch. I don't think that would have been possible without VIP.

Plus, being constantly given water and cold towels was awesome. After lunch was 2 shows before the guides left us. I'd made FPs for TSMM and ST plus reservations for rebel hanger for the break before the next show (as did some others in the group apparently because I saw them). Then obi wan and beyond (which many people skipped in return for a longer break). My son was feeling bad by then (headache) so we just found a bench and rested (and got a dose of ibuprofen from first aid which was awesome - I was prepared to buy a bottle Ina gift shop somewhere at crazy prices).

Then dessert party. I talked to someone in line who did the deluxe package and we figured it was probably pretty even money wise when you figure what we did (and meals and stuff). We had a table right up front and were able to sit out of the way a bit listening to the dj and waiting for the summon the force show and fireworks.

That said, it was a very long day and I think that's part of what made my son sick today (he's finally keeping things down, knock wood) so we essentially lost a day of our vacation today as recovery.

I kind of would have liked more chAracters - not necessarily all of them, but toss in chewy and boba fett or Luke and Leia and I think it totally would be worth it. Also I think It was kind of unfair that the deluxe people got a swag bag and all day access to darths mall and we didn't (not that we would have had time).

@Good Morning Dewdrop

http://www.disboards.com/threads/of...nd-tricks-2015.3324422/page-818#post-53680485

Week I - regarding characters

We met Luke on Saturday - he came out at 4:10 as I recall on Saturday and at 4:15 on Sunday. Leia came out both days at 4:50 with R2-D2 - rumor is R2 will be out with her for the first set of each day

On Saturday Luke and Leia did meet with a few families together then he left. On Sunday - we had a mini rebellion with a whole load of people who wanted to meet Leia - we had been letting families in front of us for awhile and at 4:48 the front CM found out and gave us the typical line about you 'have to move up and meet whoever is there'. Then he realized that basically the whole line was in on it and he said something to Luke who then left so they didn't meet together at all on Sunday.

We took 2 different tacts on trying to meet the "right" character. One is to stand several families back and let people in front of you until 'your' character either comes out or is really about to come out then proceed in line as normal.

The other method - one of us (DH or myself) would get in line with DD - then a good distance later the other one of us would get in line. If the first person got up there before the 'right' character came out DD could either meet that character (again) or bail on that part of the line and come back to the 2nd parent. Hopefully that makes sense.

The Jedi council line was the only one we found that allowed a 2nd "specific" character line to form on one side - IMO that is a much better system with happier guests and less stressed families.

@1153rsmith

http://www.disboards.com/threads/of...nd-tricks-2015.3324422/page-826#post-53684339

Week I

Just back from our trip for the first weekend. We had a great time. Weather, while very warm, was relatively dry. Did get to see several characters and although we were not able to get into Stars of the Saga on Friday, we did manage to get there early enough on Sunday to get in. Really enjoyed that show. A couple of observations: We had more than one CM running a character line that was not the least bit friendly or accommodating (Not the usual Disney). Also, I really wish Disney would figure out a way to do something other than rotating multiple characters in the same line. If you want to see Bobba Fett, or Mace, you want to see them, not Jango or Kit. We had to circle through a line more than once to get what we wanted.

@MickeyMinnieMom

http://www.disboards.com/threads/of...nd-tricks-2015.3324422/page-830#post-53687304

Week I

Our VIP Tour Experience, Sun May 17

Hi fellow DISers! I had promised that I’d share my account of the VIP tour, so here goes… but please keep in mind that I’ve never done “trip reports” or the like. Everyone here has just been so helpful that I felt MOVED to relay our experience with you all! :) Feel free to ask any questions that this doesn’t cover and I’ll try to answer.

Also: THANK YOU TO @@lvstitch who live tweeted portions of their experience on May 16th -- gave us a bit of a heads up on what to expect!! :thumbsup2

Some summary points...
  • Turns out that we did the VIP tour on the same day as SEVERAL fellow DISers (at least 4, I think), Sunday, May 17th… Met and briefly spoke with @@msmama, and kept touching base throughout the day with @@Kaschper and her very lovely family – lots of fun!!
  • All in all, we would do the tour again and felt it was definitely worth it for us. Absolutely felt like a genuine VIP experience. We got so much done – far more than we would have otherwise – which was important to us since this was just a long weekend trip for us.
  • As I think someone else mentioned, if you had only one day at SWW and desperately wanted to do many M&G’s, this is likely not for you – not a ton of time for it. We did the Jedi Mickey dinner (4pm), found some magic shots (5pm, thanks to @@Kaschper!), waited in line to meet Chewbacca (7pm) on our VIP day, did the Galactic Breakfast the following Monday, and did Rebel Hangar on Saturday, so we got in all the character meets and pics we wanted.
  • Our party of six (myself, DH, DD8, DS10, and my sister) agreed that we would only change two things: 1) make lunch a buffet and move it out of Mama Melrose (more below), and 2) as cool as meeting Vader is, we would have loved it to be Chewbacca or Darth Maul – someone you CANNOT meet at one of the character meals. Our two cents. :)

Here’s how our day broke down…

• 6:15am – We arrived at DHS: Met up with the group of guides right outside of Guest Relations window (to the left as you face park entrance from outside). We all received our VIP badges/lanyards – standard VIP tour badges (not themed for the event) that we could keep. They gave out water and apple juice to those who wanted it. They also handed out forms for us to fill out to have any purchases sent to either package pickup at the front of the park, our resort, or shipped (those same standard forms we’ve used in the past) – this saved us the time of having to do that at the shops – very nice! I counted 36 people total in VIP tour that day, with 6 guides and 1 “tour leader”. When we split up at points, they aimed to keep it to groups of 10 or fewer per group.
  • 6:45ish – Guides led us to outside the Brown Derby: to lay out more about what to expect, and to point out the VIP entrance to the dessert party later (in front of Brown Derby, near a temp while “tent” they have set up). They gave out granola bars and then led us to the Vader M&G.
  • 7:00am – Meet Darth Vader: Our PP pic is time stamped 7:04. We were then led over to the spot to wait to enter Darth’s Mall. This was a longish wait. We were near the front of the line, and the guide first said they were being told 7:30/7:40 to enter. Looked like they were waiting for the CMs to (as our guide said) “man the registers”!
  • 7:45am – Start shopping! X-Wing Collectibles first: We got in right at 7:45, picked out a couple of pins and some t-shirts (Force Awakens, Passholder SWW 2015). Then we moved to Watto’s Grotto – bit more shopping, and finally Prop Shop. At the last shopping stop we grouped together all our bags of purchases (too many!), handed them the completed form from earlier to send them to package pickup, and were off!
  • 8:30am – We arrived at Brown Derby buffet breakfast: On the schedule for 8:15am, one of the guides told us that if we wanted to, we could shop longer and arrive later for this meal. Nothing fancy, but everything tasty – our favorite type of breakfast buffet!! Eggs, bacon, sausages, couple of pastries, and plenty of COFFEE!! During breakfast, they went around with menus for the Mama Melrose lunch and collected our orders. As people finished breakfast, they started taking groups out of 10 or fewer to ride attractions. We were told that if any party wanted to separate from the tour for a while, just let them know, and meet the tour back by 10:45am at the parade check-in spot near the white tent in front of Brown Derby.
  • 9:15am – Start riding attractions: We probably actually got a later start than this, getting out in the last group after taking a little while at breakfast – maybe closer to 9:30. On the slate were Star Tours (2 groups, 15 people total, had a Starspeeder to ourselves), TSMM, RnR and ToT. We headed to the parade viewing spot around 10:30. Our group wasn’t able to fit in ToT, but the benefit was that we ended up right up at the ropes for the parade (we also had ToT FP for later in the day, so no big deal to us). Every spot in there was a good spot, but it was nice for the kids to be able to sit for a while, and see everything so well.
  • 11:00am – Parade: The viewing spot was as described by others – on the right side as you face the event stage, not too far from the stage. It would have been in full sun, but we were VERY LUCKY to have an overcast morning. They had snacks and drinks: Strawberry bars, Mickey ice cream bars, popcorn, water (maybe other things I missed?). They also handed out the now-famous FROZEN TOWELS. These were fantastic – truly! Guides monitored the roped off area, letting guests who tried to join the section know that this was a reserved area. There was room for all – not a ton left over between the 36 people on the tour plus guides and CMs helping with snacks, etc. I don’t think there was a bad spot. We had a brief downpour – one guide shared his umbrella, another ran off and brought back ponchos (thin plastic, not regular Disney ones, but they do the job!), though by then it had let up. We had an incredible view of the parade, nice character interactions, got great pics, and even had Amy Allen point to our party and say “love your shirts!” (we had the “I am a Stormtrooper” t-shirts and tanks that look like armor, white shorts, and MagicYourBand custom trooper bands I ordered). At the end of the parade, they removed the ropes and we had the choice to either walk up to the stage to see the little wrap-up with all characters up there, or head directly to a spot off to the side, from which we’d be led to lunch. We followed toward the stage, took some pics, then met back up with our guides.
  • 11:45am – Table Service Lunch at Mama Melrose: This was the one thing I would change about this tour. The lunch, IMO, was just ok at best. While they had place cards set up in front of each of us, every time the servers came over with a plate they had to ask who had ordered it (and each table had 2-3 parties at it, so took a while). It struck us as slow and somewhat disorganized. It also took far too long overall, IMO. I would have much preferred a buffet style lunch, with the option for some “free time” in the park before meeting up for the first show. Guides told us that we could take some free time and meet them outside the Mama Melrose at 1pm, but by the time we had our food and finished eating, it was already 1pm. This is really the one not-so-good thing, but certainly wouldn’t keep us from booking again!
  • 1:15pm – arrived outside Theater of the Stars for the 1:45pm Rebels Show: The check-in spot was for both VIP and Deluxe FtT; once past that point VIP went to the furthest right entrance, FtF to the one straight ahead of the check-in spot. I describe this, but really, you don’t have to pay attention to it. At every check-in spot throughout the tour, you just look for the guides! While we were waiting to be led into the theater, we were given FROZEN TOWEL #2. :) We were led into the theater to a set of rows in the center, not far from the front row – again, not a bad seat in that bunch. We were comfortable temperature-wise, and still had those great towels, too.
  • 3:15pm – Stars of the Saga show: We had a brief block of free time from the 2:15pm end of the Rebels show, and then met our guides around 3pm. They made sure we were all squared away for seating, and then they were off and we were on our own for the rest of the day. We were told that our VIP badges would get us into the 7pm Obi Wan & Beyond show, same check-in spot and viewing location. We skipped it and used the FPs we had booked, etc.
  • 4:00-8:00pm – Free time: Jedi Mickey dinner, roam the park, magic shots, meet Chewbacca, use up FPs (we skipped the 7pm Obi Wan show), provide feedback on our awesome tour guides (filled out a comment card, basically, saying that they were terrific and giving some specifics on a few of the guides)
  • 8:00pm – arrived at Dessert Party check-in: We arrived this early for no other reason than we had done what we wanted to for the day and were tired. ;) As others have reported, this viewing area is shared between VIP and Deluxe FtF. We were first in line, and were told by the CM that they were only allowed to let a line form beginning at 8pm – before that, they would ask people to come back. She mentioned wanting to keep the area free for catering to come through, etc. We were let it at 8:45pm. Enough tables for all parties, and it didn’t seem like a massive difference to me which one you picked when it came to the view for fireworks, etc. Our guide did tell us we might not want a table right up front, so we picked one a couple of tables back, right next to the rope that blocked off the viewing area – i.e. closest to the center (rather than far right) of the stage. Great spot to view anything on stage and enjoy DJ Lobot. The entire section was a little close for the fireworks, in that portions of the display were obscured by the staging itself. Still a good spot, and I would personally take this spot with desserts, drinks, and plenty of space over having to stake out a better viewing location elsewhere. Subjective, though, to be sure.
  • Picked up our packages at the front of the park - went off without a hitch.
I just have to say THANK YOU AGAIN to @@yulilin3 for this awesome thread and all the great info -- couldn't have done it without you and the other awesome DISers here! :thanks:

@BobaFettFan

http://www.disboards.com/threads/of...nd-tricks-2015.3324422/page-831#post-53688836

Week I

Do yourself a favor and take a cab. I did and was able to snag the meet & greet I wanted. It was 8 dollars from our hotel at the Pop Century. The buses run 1 hour before park opening, but then it takes time to get to your stop and back again if they're even running on time and have no issues. Honestly, it's worth the 10-20 bucks to secure a life long experience. My wife and I met one of the voice actors and then because we had met her, noticed her in the VIP/DPPFTF fireworks area and talked with her again. Super cool and we'll never forget it. I'll take that over 8 bucks any day!

The wife and I did the "early" thing our first day, but the second SWW day we just took the bus after sleeping in. It just wasn't worth it to push ourselves the last day. Instead, we slept in and enjoyed our DPPFTF day and boy were we happy we did! We had more energy to tackle the park and crowds and didn't have to stop in the middle of everything and then come back.

Of the many magical things that happened, we had a FP to one of the rides that we didn't really care for. It broke down, so we got the message an hour before our REBEL HANGER reservation saying we could pick a ride and jumped on Star Tours one last time and got the perfect Vader openning-> Wife is a rebel spy! -> Boba Fett attack -> death star chase version. Then it was our meal time, picture with Ezra/Sabine characters, and off to the JAT show in the third row. Everything just clicked.

Now that I'm on the subject of rides, with this fast pass system and with being in the Disney Bubble for 1 week, I was able to do everything I wanted and the longest I waited in line was for Mrs. Boba Fett to get some coffee. Both of us thought we'd be in the sun, dying, waiting for 1 or 2 rides but the reality of the system was that we were constantly hoofing it to rides with fast passes or some type of meal. Using up a fast pass and then selecting the next one on our phone app while waiting for the ride was awesome (when it worked). I heard other families *****ing about "how you need a fast pass for the fast passes!", but maybe they just weren't as on the ball like us DISers? Not too sure, but this trip is still resonating with us and its been a couple days since we were there.

wow great job. Have you been keeping a notepad with the posts that are reports? very nice. This will be incredibly helpful. I'll share my thoughts on the whole event next weekend

I'll post my views on the Deluxe Premium Package
Package date Saturday May 16th
arrived at the designated sign in location close to the entrance of Mickey's of Hollywood around 9:40am there were a couple of people sitting down across from the area (on the shady side) with lanyards. Sign in was quick and easy, she asked for my last name and gave me both of our lanyards and a bag with the black and white pictures of the celebrities in attendance weekend I.
I approached a friend of mine that also had the package and we were discussing the fact that the area was in complete sun. We then talked to a manager who said we could be in the DPP wheelchair area (in the shade) without any problem. CM kept coming over with handful of water and ice cream and popcorn asking if we wanted anything. Met 3 DISsers and their families there. The parade view is a good one, you get them while they are coming out of the gates, it was explained that as soon as the parade marched thru they would have an area for us to walk behind. Sure enough there were a whole bunch of CM and managers making sure nobody else jumped behind the parade until all of the DPP people were in. Had a great front row spot for the welcome show.
11008597_10206893019469785_6756039346106597242_n.jpg

13391_10206893030950072_7317419815245937010_n.jpg

11141248_10206893050790568_6331390058444257013_n.jpg

After that we headed to Darth's Mall, using the lightspeed pass entrance we had no wait at either X Wing Collectibles or Watto's Grotto
We watched 2 of the SWW shows using our pass. We went thru the main entrance of the theater and lined up to the left about 20 minutes before showtime, we were allowed in fairly quickly and they had the front center area reserved for VIP and people with the packages. Great view of both shows.
11052026_10206893073391133_8210109155139677046_n.jpg

11203116_10206893074071150_1333142676861304186_n.jpg

11255215_10206893077151227_555523110789446270_n.jpg

For the dessert party portion of the package we arrived around 8:20pm and there were maybe 4 families in front of us, we were allowed in the area at 8:30pm. There were plenty of tables for everyone, my daughter has a food intolerance and the chef came out and asked me about it, came back a couple of minutes after with 4 goodies for her. The dance party music was awesome, but I'm latin, I like loud dance music :D the desserts were very good, plenty for everyone. Great view of the pre show and a good view of the fireworks themselves. The stage blocked some of them but it wasn't a horrible view.
11124537_10206893134992673_4262302751988691842_n.jpg

11265460_10206893139272780_2786242598381057087_n.jpg

10320262_10206893134872670_4453290625492171519_n.jpg

20300_10206893136232704_6509978202848289051_n.jpg

11039842_10206893142032849_7521984002523208501_n.jpg

11205508_10206893148233004_5065632811758405119_n.jpg

sorry no pics of fireworks. By that time our camera battery had completely died :(

@HCinKC

http://www.disboards.com/threads/of...nd-tricks-2015.3324422/page-850#post-53699698

Rebel Hangar - weekday report

The walk up at RH question reminded me...I knew I was forgetting something. We were seated early on Tuesday, when we checked in around 5:30, for our 5:45 ADR. There were quite a few empty tables, so they may be able to accommodate walk ups easier during the week. However, I think during the week you may get random, unknown, and/or more "common folk" characters. I don't know if we were lucky, but I was pretty shocked that Chewie came through. I would bet Jawas and troopers might be every night, but our Jawas were not trading. We also had a (blue uniform) rebel pilot and Rodian mechanic. All of them were great interactions, and they seemed to cycle through every hour, a new "group" every 15 minutes. DH asked 3 different RH workers, including a manager, and those were the characters for our night. The manager said they don't know who is coming. They show up at 4pm, and whoever that is, they are there for the night. I know I talked about the characters in a previous post, but I thought I'd just say it all again for anyone going during the week.

I don't think I mentioned our take on the food other than liking it. We had the hummus, sliders, dawgs, and chickaffles. The sliders and dawgs were very good as well as the chips that came with them. I think there were six dawgs. There was certainly enough for an entree or plenty to share. IMO the sliders can also be an entree though definitely not as much food and not really sharable between more than 2 people (DH and I had half of each one). ODS liked his chickaffles. It was two mini waffles and probably 10 chicken nuggets (standard Disney ones). Also plenty to share or eat as an entree. The hummus was fine, but it was our least favorite. It was what I would expect store-bought hummus to taste like, but someone made it look super cool and charged way more. It is definitely plenty to share as an app (or a meal though it only comes with chips, some veggies would have been nice). DH and I both had the Swamp Juice and liked it. We were stuffed at the end, obviously unable to finish it all with two adults and one child sharing.

We were really hoping for Rebels characters, but it was still a nice way to end our Disney trip. ODS liked all of the decorations and character interactions. I would do this one again...but maybe not order so much lol.

@cinder-ellah

http://www.disboards.com/threads/of...nd-tricks-2015.3324422/page-856#post-53701856

LOL ! This was our 1st SWW and with all the useful advice and tips I feel more confident with planning for "next time" ! I was appointed the planner of our trip and wasn't given the official ok that we were going until the first of March. I panicked when I first started planning ADR's, 1st time with FP+, SWW etc, etc...... My head was spinning. We "only" had 5 full days for the parks,including SWW. Everyday my family members said how much they appreciated our daily activities and my planning. I'm a scheduler, but also am willing to go with the flow and allow others in our group to split off on their own. Which we mainly just stayed together and enjoyed our experiences together. I learned so much on this thread, totally appreciate @@yulilin3 and all her tips. And also appreciated the niceness of all the Diser's sharing info here. This thread is #1 in my book. Just got home last night. To over come the withdrawals of the fun being over ....I told my DGD's 5 & 7 "time to start planning for next year". We started a list on the plane ride home of what we didn't have time for and what to repeat. So, at this point ...... Let the planning, learning etc begin & continue !!!! And SWW 2016 is #1 on our list ! Ready to go again ? Absolutely !!!!!

@JayLeeJay

http://www.disboards.com/threads/of...nd-tricks-2015.3324422/page-858#post-53703003

My boyfriend and I just got back to our resort after going to the Rebel Hangar tonight. It was awesome. We traded with many Jawas (no kids around us, they traded with adults) and got to meet Chewie. He liked our Chewie/monsters inc shirts! And now we don't have to get up super early to meet him firsts thing on Saturday.

The food was great and drinks were awesome. It didn't take too long to get our food but we requested extra chips for our hummus and that took awhile because they kept getting delivered to tables around us but our server was great at fixing it. All of the cast members working there were awesome and really helped add to the atmosphere. The characters were having a great time too, spinning in chairs, trying to take food, etc. So much fun.

Someone else posted that it seemed like characters had 15 minute rotations. I'd agree. Sometimes two came out together but the groups of characters were never out at the same time. The characters also didn't stop at every table. Especially Chewie. We flagged him down but he didn't stop at every table in our section and I think he might have skipped an entire section.

@Ninja Mom

http://www.disboards.com/threads/of...nd-tricks-2015.3324422/page-861#post-53704729

OMG!!! I Finally caught up to the thread... Here are my impressions of weekend one:
First I'd like to say it was great meeting everyone I encountered from this thread. I love you all but I want to send a special shout out to the coolest dude of all: Jonathan!! :wave2: I got to enjoy the Fireworks on Sunday with him and his family.

Weather: The sun is brutal when it's out so definitely bring one of those shorty totes umbrellas. I had one and I saw a number of people strolling around the park or waiting in Character lines using one.

Lockers: Consider renting one. I loved having the option to stash my purchases and back pack in them as needed. The large size is quite roomy (sorry I don't have dimensions).

Say Hi: Don't be afraid to say hi! to other Dis-ers you recognize from this thread. It puts a smile on everyone's faces when you connect at this event.

Rebel Hanger: I did it twice so I'm sure that it was nice, in fact it was awesome. The food was good and the character interactions were really fun. You can buy the glow cubes separately. I got all 3 at once.

Character interactions: Don't be afraid to talk to the characters. Compliment the Modal Nodes on their "Galactic Grammy Nomination" for their one song. Tell Darth Maul that he better behave because you have his mother on speed dial on your cell phone and you're about to call her and give her the run down on his antics. Ask if Chewbacca has applied his Frontline Flea and Tick prevention. Make stuff up like that. They LOVE it when you interact with them. Also be aware that the characters are IN CHARACTER. I was chasing Aurra Sing around trying to get her picture (She roams) She was ignoring me and stalking away. I finally got her to turn around and pose when I said "Even though I'm Rebel Scum I'd love to get your picture".

Make a list or a plan of things that you want to do: I forgot to go to the theater and see the Star Wars content. I had it on my plan but I forgot to check to make sure that I was hitting all my must do's.

Sci Fi breakfast: Definitely bring your best camera and make sure you know how to turn on your flash. Your pictures will be a blurry mess if you don't use the flash on your camera... even if you are using the movie screen to help to light the characters. Also you can order one entree and ask for parts of another entree. I had the shrimp and cheesy grits and asked for some of the bacon from the other entree on the side. Nom, nom, nom!!!

Annual Pass Posters: I picked up one each day to give away to random people. You should have seen the looks on their faces. Spread that pixie dust!

Compliment people on their outfits: If you see a t-shirt or a costume you think is cool let them know. It brings a huge smile to their faces.

That's all I can think of for now. I'd like to wish the rest of the SWW 2015 garrison the best of luck. May the force be with you!

~NM

@msmama

http://www.disboards.com/threads/of...nd-tricks-2015.3324422/page-870#post-53708796

Today was brutal! After last week I would definitely do the VIP again. We got so much less done today (though stuff we didn't do during VIP so I think you'd still need at least two days).

We ran a little late this morning and got to the tap styles right when storm troopers let people through. We went immediately to chewy, waited about an hour. The dad of the girl in front of us came up at one point and said that the park was completely empty. Basically for the first hour everyone was in some sort of line - chewy, Vader, JTA, etc. we finished with chewy just in time for our breakfast reservations. I had the kessel run (rarely eat red meat, never for breakfast but it was good). DS had the Vader waffle.

We did non SW things for most of the day. Most of the "streets of America" roaming characters seemed to be near the coke bottle/the exit of Pixar place. Sat to get something out of my bag and in less than 2 minutes and saw, storm troopers, Sam wessel and a bunch of Tusken Raiders. Clone troopers were hanging out between the wattle grotto and x-wing collectable lines.

Built Legos (they were encouraging adults to build) and watched Darth maul for awhile. He was an awesome character. It was fun to see grown men back down from him.

Anyway, it was a fun end to our first SWW. And the dooney and Bouke wristlets is coming home with me. :)

I'll post my views on the Deluxe Premium Package
Package date Saturday May 16th

Those pics are great. The desserts look awesome. I am so craving those right now. I am trying to lose a little weight and cutting down on carbs. These are not helping:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter