**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

For some reason, there is NO EMM the entire week I will be there. There is a dead space on the calendar from Monday September 26th all the way until Saturday, October 8th! This stinks!

I think you mentioned that your son is in the spectrum and that is the biggest concern, but having friends around will help. Just go with the flow and don't go in hating it already. It's going to be fine
he is very high functioning so he is not a disaster to take most places. my biggest issues with him at disney are waiting, so I do what I can to minimize that. But he is also pretty klutzy. Which is usually find at a TS and even at a buffet, we had a "milk went poom" and other full plate incidents in 2014 but disney dealt with it quickly. I just mostly worry that with crowds and excitement and tall tables and open cups and me only having two hands that we will ruin someone else's good time with an ill timed spill. If the whole thing were less crowded and a bit more laid back and spread out, I would worry less. But I am going to just bring a covered cup for him that day (and myself too maybe, to help with not having enough hands) so that should hopefully help with that (we are doing the dining plan so will have the refillable mugs). The kid just wants all of the star wars desserts and to see the fireworks really :) He can just sometimes have not much sense of his own body and I worry about him getting in other people's way while satisfying his need to move, so crowds give me the twitches a bit. He is really pretty easy most of the time but certain things are harder so I try to stick with "easy" on vacation... which is what this was supposed to be. But I think I just worry a lot too ;)

I'm in the same boat, currently when we go to brunch places I hold his plate and put things on it, then I get my own. Perhaps he will just have to carry his own plate this time, and I hope it doesn't land on some poor unsuspecting soul nearby!

We allowed our 7 year old daughter to go up to the buffet on her own several times while we kept a watchful eye from our table. She really did do a great job of being polite and using the serving utensils to choose her food. The area is small enough that you should be able to keep an eye on your child should you decide to allow them to get their own food.

What would be the best party night? We have two evenings at HS and would like to do the dessert party one of them and F! the other.
Current Plans:
Dec 13th- MK AM/ HS PM, SciFi 4PM.
Dec 14th - HS all day, H&V 3:20PM, JTA signup.

Thanks!

I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned but with the new HS EMM hours being announced into December, I found out that it's happening on my HS day. I have a PPO H&V breakfast booked, which we did specifically for Jedi Training sign up. How has this affected JT? I am nervous now that we won't get the time we want (we're shooting for late morning).

What would be the best party night? We have two evenings at HS and would like to do the dessert party one of them and F! the other.
Current Plans:
Dec 13th- MK AM/ HS PM, SciFi 4PM.
Dec 14th - HS all day, H&V 3:20PM, JTA signup.

Thanks!
either day is fine. I would personally do it on your DHS day, then you can have a full SW day.
I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned but with the new HS EMM hours being announced into December, I found out that it's happening on my HS day. I have a PPO H&V breakfast booked, which we did specifically for Jedi Training sign up. How has this affected JT? I am nervous now that we won't get the time we want (we're shooting for late morning).
Most reports have been that EMM doesn't affect the JT sign up process, but there was one the past couple of days where the poster had about a 30 min. wait to sign up, first available time was 12:40, but this could've been caused by one of the ipads not working not because of EMM.

I'm in the same boat, currently when we go to brunch places I hold his plate and put things on it, then I get my own. Perhaps he will just have to carry his own plate this time, and I hope it doesn't land on some poor unsuspecting soul nearby!
we are going to have to see how the buffets go, lol. Should be an adventure to be sure!

Phew! Thankful that the EMMs are only on Saturdays - I didn't want that interference with my plans for JTA... one of DD's biggest requests for this trip!

where can I find some more reviews about the EMM at DHS?

we had planned on getting there at rope drop on a Saturday already.
we are NOT doing JTA.
my family is kind of 'meh' about Toy Story.
they want to repeatedly ride Rock N Roller Coaster, Tower of Tower and Star Tours - that's about it. (i mean ... more, but those are the priorities)
we are planning for the fireworks party on a different night.

I don't know how much value there would for us to add on EMM.
Would having EMM on my "rope drop" day be an issue? would I already be behind the crowd, you know?

thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!

where can I find some more reviews about the EMM at DHS?

we had planned on getting there at rope drop on a Saturday already.
we are NOT doing JTA.
my family is kind of 'meh' about Toy Story.
they want to repeatedly ride Rock N Roller Coaster, Tower of Tower and Star Tours - that's about it. (i mean ... more, but those are the priorities)
we are planning for the fireworks party on a different night.

I don't know how much value there would for us to add on EMM.
Would having EMM on my "rope drop" day be an issue? would I already be behind the crowd, you know?

thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!

I included a review in my recent Just back musings (8/15-8/19) post.

Since you're "meh" on Toy Story, I don't know that you'd find much value in it since RNRC and TOT aren't part of EMM. Star Tours is, and there's breakfast, but that seems less worth it to me.

I don't expect you'll see an impact on RD as the crowd was quite small... maybe ~100 people or something? We had our RNRC and TOT fast passes for a little later, so ended up eating at 9. There were a decent number of other EMM folks eating then as well.

I'll be the one bringing my two year old to this :P I'm still considering it because the alternative is to wait outside for at least an hour... But with all the reviews I'm a little hesitant now. (I'm still trying to picture how we will handle our two year old, most likely go early enough to snag a bench) Of course a lot of things can change but hopefully they will still let people out a little early, just my preference...

We attended with our kids (11, 8 & 2) a couple weeks ago and had a great time. We arrived a little early for check-in and placed our things on a table & bench across from the Kylo/Chewbacca meets. It was easy to go around the corner to the food stations or send the kids up the stairs to the Cantina. Much less congested than the main area and it allowed us to enjoy the party without worrying about our little one getting lost in a sea of people.

We attended with our kids (11, 8 & 2) a couple weeks ago and had a great time. We arrived a little early for check-in and placed our things on a table & bench across from the Kylo/Chewbacca meets. It was easy to go around the corner to the food stations or send the kids up the stairs to the Cantina. Much less congested than the main area and it allowed us to enjoy the party without worrying about our little one getting lost in a sea of people.

That's great to hear!! Thanks so much for the tip! I probably need to figure out the layout of the land. Can't quite picture it yet since I've never been to Launch Bay. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter