Official SHADES OF GREEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much!!! I was trying to tell from the pictures, but couldn't really see the sofa!

technically it's an extra wide twin.. a pair of toddlers that liked each other for more than ten seconds running could sleep fairly comfortably.

I seem to remember reading that the fold-out sofas were different depending on whether you were in the old or new section. One was bigger than the other, but I don't remember which. Am I imagining this? Anyone?

Bueller?

Glad to hear that about Bell Services keeping the bags. Soooo, 7 day ticket it is:cool1:

Thanks everybody!

I got this photo from the SOG website. In the new section it appears that there are a handful of balconies that don't have the green iron railings. Instead they are obstructed by the large stone facade structures (see the center of the photo). You must have been in one of those rooms - they all seem to be on the third floor. Perhaps some of the balconies below are obstructed, too. But not to the extent that those third-floor rooms are.

THX bigAWL! :thumbsup2

So do most of you that fly to WDW use Mears for transportation to and from the airport? Are there any other options besides taxis? Just curious.

We're using 'Florida Tours', a sponsor of Dis boards. Being a sponsor I have high hopes they are reliable. :goodvibes

Requesting connecting rooms has been discussed here a while back, I think (maybe on another SOG thread). Some said they had difficulty getting their request fulfilled. I wonder if anyone has any idea how many pairs of connecting rooms there are at SOG. Are they in the new section, old section or both? If you have stayed there, do you remember having a connecting door to the room nextdoor, whether or not you used it?

Good question :confused:! We made 6 room ressies right after T/G '07 for pref. connecting. I've called to touch base a few times and altho tho it's noted on our ressies, however no one has been able to tell me which rooms -other than 1st floor near the pool. With 9 grands going, we are really counting on most being connected. CSR said SoG policy is not to assigned room #'s until appx 2-4 wks out, so we'll keep our fingers crossed. :goodvibes

Still craving that Alpine chicken wrap from Evergreen's!

Oh my, thx for that yummy image, I may need a napkin for the drool!! :lmao:

So exciting, it really feels good to finally be under 7 mos out now and able to make ADR's soon!! :dance3:

So I have to ask:

Anybody had the Banana Foster Cheesecake at Evergreens yet? It sounds yummy.

Does anyone have any other favorites from the SOG restaurants that they would like to share with everyone?

The only input I have so far is the coffee from the Starbucks stand. I read mixed reviews about how it was before our trip. We loved the coffee...tasted great and was so thankful to get gourmet coffee before we hit the parks:thumbsup2

yes dh and I split the cheesecake and it was heavenly- we also split their chocolate cake and that was to die for as well. HTH:thumbsup2

The only restaurant we ate at SOG was Evergreens- we really liked it- and their foot of onion rings were good- but we had 8 people eating them and it didn't go very far. I will say that everything we had there was actually pretty good- the only thing I didn't care for was the pizza- I think it would have been good but they put so much cheese on it I was seriously choking on cheese. We did go to the ice cream shop there by the ticket sales and it was REALLY good and the prices were great as well especially for the fact that they make the ice cream there at SOG. enjoy your trip!!!

- the only thing I didn't care for was the pizza- I think it would have been good but they put so much cheese on it I was seriously choking on cheese. !!

:lmao:

In 1995 DD gotso sick from that,she missed a day in the parks. Wouldn't eat pizza for a few months after that!

The chicken quesadillas are AWESOME! I had them 2 nights in a row! And the chocolate cake is BEYOND WORDS!

And on the sofa issue...We had two rooms in the older section, and had two different types of sofa.
One room was a loveseat that folded out like you think of a fold out...

the other room is harder to describe. It was a full sized sofa, you pulled a tab on the bottom, and the cushion kind of folded UP INTO THE BACK is the only way i can think to describe how it folded out. And it was super comfy!

If I ever get the pictures off of my dead computer, I'll put them up!

So do they take special orders for pizza? I'll ask for extra cheese!

Yep, just tell them what you want. We love the pizza and never seemed to have massive cheese. It was always just right...could be the other toppings we ordered.

The only restaurant we ate at SOG was Evergreens- we really likes it- but their foot of onion rings were good- but we had 8 people eating them and it didn't go very far. I will say that everything we had there was actually pretty good- the only thing I didn't care for was the pizza- I think it would have been good but they put so much cheese on it I was seriously choking on cheese. We did go to the ice cream shop there by the ticket sales and it was REALLY good and the prices were great as well especially for the fact that they make the ice cream there at SOG. enjoy your trip!!!

We must have had the same cook. The cheese was nearly an inch thick on our pizza. I love cheese, but this was ridiculous. The onion rings are good with the yummy dipping sauces. I probably could have gobbled up the whole foot myself, but my family wanted some too. ;)

We got the pizza one day while we sat out by the pool. I had to be some of the worst pizza I've ever had. No flavor, carboard crust, yuck! Evergreen's for the most part is good and is a great place to get a drink in the evening before bed. The ice cream on site is very good.

We have a POR free dining trip booked for late August but we will probably stay one night at SOG prior to our POR package so we can wake up on our package start date already at WDW. I think we will pay the extra 10 bucks for a poolside room so dh can sleep (after that long drive) while the kids and I can just relax and swim all day.

Do both pools have poolside rooms at SOG? If I want the "Mickey" pool do I need to make a specific request?

Yes, both pools have poolside rooms. The Mickey pool side are more likely to have bathrooms with the separate double sinks. The Magnolia pool side are more to have the one sink, one room bathrooms. We prefer the Magnolia because you can see the high fireworks from MK and our kids prefer the rectangular pool.

We have an early departure flight 8:45am and want to try to stay at the Hyatt in the Airport. Does anyone know of any discounts (military,DAV ect.) The cheapest I could find on-line is 179 a night and am not sure if I am willing to pay that yet. Any advise about early morning transportation from SOG would be great. (traveling with a 5 year old)

We have an early departure flight 8:45am and want to try to stay at the Hyatt in the Airport. Does anyone know of any discounts (military,DAV ect.) The cheapest I could find on-line is 179 a night and am not sure if I am willing to pay that yet. Any advise about early morning transportation from SOG would be great. (traveling with a 5 year old)

As Hyatt is a major international lodging chain that does business with both the U.S. military and government, I am certain they offer some sort of discount -- best to call Hyatt reservations, or the airport hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter