Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Jennygt, May 13, 2013.
You could call poly direct and ask , that will give you some extra piece of mind.
Log in or Sign up to hide this advert.
I too am interested in this (planning a trip for early May 2014 and it will be a show stopper if the Volcano Pool is closed)
One thing I know is completed is the fire pit. The walls are all down. Picture on tikimans FB page.
Unfortunately you can't. There is no direct number to the Poly. All calls are routed to a call center, most likely no where near Orlando. People here on the DIS are usually more up on refurbs, etc than the phone CM's at the call centers are.
You are right dans dad. I meant wdw main number, not sure if that will help or not.jan would make more sense , but who knows?
That is what is says here too:
Here is the big question everyone wants to know.
I have always wanted to stay at the Polynesian and decided to bite the bullet and take the family next year (Sept 2014).
Well now it looks like they will be doing construction and I am worried this will affect our enjoyment of the hotel.
What would you guys do?
Scratch plans for the Polynesian and book elsewhere?
If so what hotel would you recommend?
Take a chance and hope the construction will not be that bad?
We are a family of 4, but will have one of my son's friens with us. I picked the Polynesian because of the room size, location and atmosphere.
For us, it would depend on where the construction is going on during our visit. If they're constructing a DVC building at one end of the property with minimal impact on the rest of the resort, I would still consider staying at the Poly. If however, they are doing the expected major rehab of the Great Ceremonial House during our visit, I would probably stay elsewhere.
Just got off the phone with Guest Services and they confirmed that the Volcano Pool would be closed in September!
Did they say for how long?
I called yesterday and just now. They told me that they don't see it being closed. They even gave me a # for the Poly and they said that there is a pool schedule for September for the volcano pool. Did you call the (407) wdwdisney #?
I have been planning this trip for a year. I have been showing the kids pictures of the volcano pool.
I just reached out and viewed the refurbishment information for travel agents for Disney and it looks like they do have the Volcano Pool under refurbishment for 9/02/2013 to 9/20/13. Would your dates fall into this range? Hopefully this won't affect your stay at the Poly!!
Yes. Our dates fall into this. Disney keeps saying that the pool is open in September. I saw it on a travel agent page and on wdw info with a pool closure for September. Disney keeps saying that you only can rely on what disney says, not a travel agent. My boys want slides. We stayed at the CBR in may and they loved the pool. We want to stay on the monorail and have all our dining set up at the poly. It's going to be a huge disappointment if the pool is closed. It will not be convenient to take the boys to the GF to use the pool with slides. That will take too much time. I have read that they let you use the pool at the GF when the volcano pool is closed. I have talked this resort up for a year. We made the reservation last September. I just want time to make a change if I need to, but we really wanted to stay at the Poly. However, is it worth the money not to be able to enjoy the pool?
I can completely understand your frustration and disappointment. Have you ever thought of or considered a split stay? You can still enjoy a few nights at the Poly and then move over to another resort that you all would enjoy that would offer the additional pool amenity? I know that may seem like a hassle, but if you can arrange your packing and itinerary to work with your moving day (which is a very simple process if just planned out a tiny bit) you would then have the opportunity to enjoy the Poly and another amazing resort. It is almost like 2 vacations in one. If that is not an option, and you do feel that having a pool will be a major want/need on this trip, maybe discussing with the kids (I missed the ages of them) and see what their insight might be may help. We did our first split stay this past May and while I was concerned it might be a headache, it was a simple breeze and truly felt like I was able to enjoy 2 vacations in 1 week. Just another option to think about. Try to remain positive!
It sounds like the pool is important to your family. I would switch resorts. A few years ago we stayed at wilderness loge and main pool was closed. We didn't find this out until we got there. The kids were so upset. Was time consuming taking boat over to CR pool. I know yacht and beach are not on monorail but they have a great pool plus you can walk to Epcot or take boat to MGM
QUOTE=stormer;48849980]That is what is says here too:
Oh man, we are supposed to stay at the Polynesian June of 2014. First I have to contend with Gay Days at Magic Kingdom the first Saturday of June and now I wonder if the pool will be open and what kind of construction will be going on in this time period. I will be following this thread closely.
Tikiman confirmed yesterday that the volcano pool closing was pushed back until January. This is from his Facebook page:
I have been getting a lot of questions about pool closure. Many sites are reporting that they are being told the pool will close in September. Polynesia recreation confirmed today that the pool closure dates got pushed out 3 times and it is going to close in January (as I reported after my last visit).
I have nothing to update on the pool situation. I hope that you all can get a reliable answer about september. We would have to move resorts if that pool was down
Perhaps GF or CR?
We are planning to go then too and we have stayed once onsite before and it was two nights at the poly. We loved it and are looking forward to a week there. BUT if there is construction of the great ceremonial house we will try the CR. we were there this year while they were doing room renovations in certain long houses and it didn't affect us at all but the GCH would be a different story.
I am wanting to book next week and unsure where to book, hope others can offer some advice as well.
Separate names with a comma.