Official Poly construction update thread **updated video page 103(2/17/15)**

Just read a post from Tikiman on a different forum that he was told that work on Sunset Point will start in September and that the marina rental is being moved to the premium cabana area.

Sounds like things might be starting up soon. Hearing this seals my decision to book WL for January instead of Poly!

Interesting that they may be starting soon. I guess it's the work on the GCH and the volcano pool that would be the biggest deal breaker for me. I still cannot believe they are taking out the waterfall!!!! (according to tikiman's update). I hope they keep the 'smell' of water in there, it wouldn't be the same without it! I understand they are making a new water feature, but I don't want the GCH to change! Regardless, no matter how hard they try, taking out the waterfall will be a huge project and mess, right in the middle of it all! Happy Saturday!

Just read a post from Tikiman on a different forum that he was told that work on Sunset Point will start in September and that the marina rental is being moved to the premium cabana area.

Sounds like things might be starting up soon. Hearing this seals my decision to book WL for January instead of Poly!

I called Disney to ask about this and I was informed by a very rude cast member that they have already announced construction for next year at all resorts and the poly is not one of them

I called Disney to ask about this and I was informed by a very rude cast member that they have already announced construction for next year at all resorts and the poly is not one of them

Would not believe it

We are coming Oct 6-13, booked TPV. I was just seeing what rooms are available during our trip (we are already booked) and it showed only TPV available for the length of our stay, so I'm guessing Tahiti is expected to be open, but who knows.

We will be there 10-3 10-12, booked CL in the Hawaii building. Talked to IPO and they said that the Hawaii building is all done with new fridges. I asked about the pool and any other construction in Oct and she said no. I hope that is true. I would be very upset if the pool of GCH was under construction when we go.

I'm sure if pool is closed they would allow you to use gf or cr.

I think Poly guests would be directed to the GF pool during a closure. Someone posted on another thread that Disney would also provide a shuttle to take guests over to the GF if they didn't want to walk ;).

I still cannot believe they are taking out the waterfall!!!! (according to tikiman's update). I hope they keep the 'smell' of water in there, it wouldn't be the same without it! I understand they are making a new water feature, but I don't want the GCH to change! Regardless, no matter how hard they try, taking out the waterfall will be a huge project and mess, right in the middle of it all! Happy Saturday!

I agree. I love the Poly lobby and the sounds of the waterfall. We don't usually sit in the lobby for any amount of time, but I love just walking through......it's so calm and peaceful to me with all of the sounds and smell :cloud9:

We will be there 10-3 10-12, booked CL in the Hawaii building. Talked to IPO and they said that the Hawaii building is all done with new fridges. I asked about the pool and any other construction in Oct and she said no. I hope that is true. I would be very upset if the pool of GCH was under construction when we go.

From what I've been reading, the pool refurb is supposedly put on hold indefinitely :).

Interesting that they may be starting soon. I guess it's the work on the GCH and the volcano pool that would be the biggest deal breaker for me. I still cannot believe they are taking out the waterfall!!!! (according to tikiman's update). I hope they keep the 'smell' of water in there, it wouldn't be the same without it! I understand they are making a new water feature, but I don't want the GCH to change! Regardless, no matter how hard they try, taking out the waterfall will be a huge project and mess, right in the middle of it all! Happy Saturday!

I also hope the smell of the GCH stays the same!

Was there this much drama/ rumors prior to the gf DVC build? Is this just how disney does it or is the rumor mill just out of control with this one ?

Was there this much drama/ rumors prior to the gf DVC build? Is this just how disney does it or is the rumor mill just out of control with this one ?

I remember hearing rumors about GF DVC being built for some time before it was official. A lot of people were convinced it was never going to happen. I think ideas get "leaked" and then people run with them (although this is just my opinion). In addition, I think sometimes Disney makes plans for something, but along the way they rethink it and then either decide not to do it at all, or keep the plans and just change some of the specifics.

We are staying Oct 6-13! Not CL, but TPV. We are on the Platinum plan so we used the IPO too, and they are awesome!

Really looking forward to this trip!!

I think I remember when blt was under construction they still did not even admit it was dvc.

I think I remember when blt was under construction they still did not even admit it was dvc.

Yes it was several months or more into the construction before it was officially announced as dvc. They were trying to sell Kidani as much as possible before the announcement.

I like how this thread is called the "OFFICIAL" Poly construction thread when Disney hasnt even OFFICIALLY announced anything happening....a bunch of Poly fanboys reporting from second hand CMs constitutes OFFICIAL here I guess...I realize that it will likely happen given the direction of deluxe resorts adding DVC...but so many people on the boards are getting bent out of shape over this and we no nothing substantial yet... popcorn:: I say book the resort you want and when Disney announces something OFFICIAL with dates attached to it then proceed to freak out...just my two cents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter