Official Pins at a discount?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Kitzka, May 25, 2008.

1. Kitzka

Kitzka DIS Veteran

Hi everyone:

I will be taking DD and her best friend to DW in Aug as a combo birthday surprise. Neither girl has really grasped the whole pin trading thing but i think that they will be into it this time. As a way to tell them about the trip I would like to give them a new lanyard with some pins to start their trading. i know they will get a few pins while at the world but would like to start with some real pins that they can trade but would like to get a discount on them.

Aside from disneyshopping where can i get some real pins? i am a little leary of some of these pin sites out there. I do not know enough about pins to know if i am getting something legit and don't want to have the girls make unfiar trades.

any help would be greatly appreciated. tia

lara

2. Sandy321

Sandy321 <font color=darkorchid>Crazy enough to want to do

till may 31 www.mousepinsonline.com have a grab bag min 25 pins for $1.75 each - This worked out great, I split it with a friend, and we had a hard time trading some of the pins -

if you get a pin with a tiny 'hidden' mickey, its a CM pin, we got several of these!!

I found 12 pins per girl worked great - (I had a non descript laynard from work I gave each, they each purchased a wdw one!)

3. Sandy321

since I shared with my friend, I have pictures - the girls picked... one at a time..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

we did get a few "disneyland" pins, but all are trade able... tradeable... (sp?)

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. Sandy321

I think these were the CM pins...

(the img are small on photobuket but are huge here!)

[​IMG]

so you can see the tiny Mickey head esp on the Cinderella and Prince pins..

6. mareed

mareed DIS Veteran

You had a hard time trading them because you liked them and didn't want to trade them away, or you tried to trade with CM's and they wouldn't take them for trades? I think it's probably the first scenario, but would like to clarify. I just ordered 100 pins from them and sure hope that they're all tradeable! (I expect they are - I've ordered the HM/CL pins from them before, but went with the slightly cheaper grab bag this time.)

7. Sandy321

sorry for the confusion (I made perfect sense, in my own mind!!)

we had no problem trading with any cm (I traded a couple - while the kids werent with us)

but there were some pins that they chose to keep!!

8. Kitzka

Kitzka DIS Veteran

Thanks so much!Any one know of any other sites that sell legit pins at a discount?

Since i know so little about the pins I wanted to get legit DIsney pins. 25 for 1.75 each is a phenomenal deal. thanks so much!

Lara

9. belle&sebastiansmom

belle&sebastiansmom DIS Veteran

Just another nod for mousepinsonline. Very fast shipping. This pins were in excellent condition, no paint chips or scrapes, there was a great variety of characters. We'll also have a hard time deciding which to keep and which to trade! And you can't beat $1.75 per pin. I ordered 25, should have gotten more, just so I'd have more to keep!

10. yjjohnston

yjjohnston Disney Lover

Is there a pin for someone's FIRST TRIP TO WALT DISNEY WORLD? I'd like to buy one for my 3-year old going in June.

Thanks,
    Yvette in Snellville,GA

11. audrabolster

audrabolster <font color=blue>You didn't hear about the polar b

I've wanted to get started in pin trading, and wanted to get some to start with, great prices!

12. Sandy321

YES :banana:

Please, dont worry - dont purchase this pin - you will be given a pin at check in - are you staying onsite? If so on your ressie, (call and ask to have it added) tell them at check in, its your first trip to WDW :cool1: (at check in they can arrange to have a couple of ballons and a card signed by Mickey and friends too - free! I think its called a magical surprise?? They do it for birthdays, anniversaries, and special occassions!)

If you are not staying onsite, then the first park you go to - say Magic Kingdom, go to the Guest Relations - and tell them, they'll give you a pin!!

and the CM's (and guests like me!!) know those pins, and say Welcome, etc...

Dreams come True!! :goodvibes

13. InstImpres

InstImpres DIS Veteran

Just FYI, this is a button not a pin that is free. There are first visit pins too.

(sorry, I am not good with pics)
    Here is the Disneyland Version of the button
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/DLRFantas******/Disney1stVisitButton3.jpg

Here is the first visit pin
    http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/pin?id=31306

also, the welcome cards and ballons are not a guarantee, just don't want anyone to be disappointed

14. glitzybabes

glitzybabes I miss VMK!!!

15. JOLAROCHE

JOLAROCHE Mouseketeer

i think disney shppin online has lanyard with 2 pins on sale this weekend

16. mjhd

mjhd DIS Veteran

I have ordered this set from these people recently:
    40 pins & pirate bag for $85 shipped

The pins were great and the kids were fighting over them - the pirate pin bag is super awesome! It is very well made and would be great for transporting or storing your pins. Additional pins are $2 each. Their email address is:

poohfan1 at optonline dot net