1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

OFFICIAL October 2009 thread - LET US KNOW YOUR PTR LINK!

Discussion in 'Doing the Happy Dance!' started by torsie24, Mar 20, 2009.

1. SnowWhite33

SnowWhite33 DIS Veteran

You will LOVE MNSSHP! Congrats are your first trip :wizard: You are going to love it.

And those co-workers are just not understanding it, which is just one more reason the Dis is so great-WE GET IT!!!

Anytime I hear someone say that they went to Disney and didn't care for it I always know that they went without a plan. And keep on digging and searching around here, I've been every year at least once since 2001 and still learn stuff from here all the time.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jaydoe

jaydoe Mouseketeer

:wave: This website has given me soooo much information. This is only my
    3rd trip to WDW, but I have learned so much here. And I do think you have to go with a plan. I hope you have a wonderful time.pixiedust:

And my co-workers are the exact opposite of yours. My co-workers all love the food thing. They totally get why I did ADR's 90 days before my vacation. They didn't bat an eye when they saw me looking at a menu on-line. :laughing: Of course, my co-workers are Disney lovers too....so that could be the difference!! :)

4. DisneyObsessive

DisneyObsessive DIS Veteran

so on this thread: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2291655

someone posted the UK version of the official site and sure enough they extended park hours for HS on the 15th from 7:30 to 9pm! :yay::woohoo::woohoo::yay:

I'm so thrilled, now we can really rest when we check in that morning and head into HS later and have 2 shows we can attempt to catch!

5. lacy1101

lacy1101 DIS Veteran

According to the UK site and the travel agent link, they have extended hours at DHS on Friday, October 2nd, from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and added Fantasmic at 8:00 p.m. I am actually trying to avoid DHS on dates when Fantasmic is shown, but cannot really change our plans for this date (its our arrival date and the kids have specifically requested spending the evening at DHS). I'm hopeful that, while the crowds might be up during the afternoon, that by 6-6:30 p.m. the majority of people will be lined up for Fantasmic and we'll see shorter waits by that time. Any thoughts?

6. lacy1101

lacy1101 DIS Veteran

:eek: I am so sorry to hear about your son! From your post, it sounds like he has been injured before. Is it a knee injury? My nephew broke his femur a couple of weeks ago during his first basketball practice and is also out for the season. :sad2:

How is this going to affect him on your trip?

7. Swimmergirl

Swimmergirl DIS Veteran

We're planning on skipping DHS on Fantasmic days too, and I'm a bit nervous they made add some to the days we're planning on going. From what I've read it seems like DHS will be crazy busy on Fantasmic days, pretty much all day. Hopefully you'll get a little reprive when the first show starts though.

8. tkitty

tkitty DIS Veteran

9days! I can't believe that some of us Oct. travelers are hitting our single digit days!!!
    I think I have most of what I need. we went looking for a swimsuit for a toddler today, and even in Arizona, they are impossible to find. My DD had bought a new one at the Disney store a few weeks ago, but bought it too large.:rolleyes1 I'm sure we'll fiure something out. Can you say "skinny-dip?" ;)

9. mattoxtr

mattoxtr Mouseketeer

We leave in 9 days and in WDW in 10 :cool1::cool1:

10. lilmissie

lilmissie Mouseketeer

I am in a stroller swap that had someone back out last minute. we have a double stroller that is available from October 3rd-17th. Would anyone be interested in any of those dates?

Here is the link to the swap: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2128717

Please PM me if your interested. Without filling this gap we may have to close the swap (which means I don't get it):sad:

11. eeyoregon

eeyoregon I have DDD: Disney Destination DISorder

It's a shoulder injury that he had surgery on last spring. Sucks! He has his MRI and Cat Scan next Wednesday so we will know for sure if he has to have surgery again.

As far as the trip: we are going to be quite the pair! I am still on a 10 lb lifting restriction and now he can't lift with his right hand/arm. Poor DS 13 is going to be our pack mule for all the luggage.

He won't be able to swim but we are still going to visit Blizzard Beach.

We are packing his brace to wear at night, to keep it stationary, so it won't dislocate in his sleep again.

MNSSHP: I bought tickets for October 6!! My boys are almost 14 and 17 and this might be one of our last trips to the World for a while and the only time we will be their during Halloween time. We will have fun.

9 DAYS!

12. poohbear8

poohbear8 DIS Veteran

Time keeps ticking away. I made 2 shirts today for DD. I bought her a new shirt and told her I found it from last year's trip. She was willing to try it on, of course, it was too small. :confused: I am having hard time finding clothes that fit this child!

DH remembered yesterday that his sister is coming to visit this weekend. :scared1: So I just lost Friday for planning. Now I have to clean the house.

It's getting closer, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much. :cool1:

13. tkitty

tkitty DIS Veteran

Hi! I just saw this on the budget board and PMed that poster. Hope we can make it work! Oct 3rd to Oct 9. Thanks... I'll PM you too.

14. ammeador2

ammeador2 DIS Veteran

Online check in? Has anyone that is renting or using DVC points been able to check in online? It keeps telling me to come back later! Very frustrating!

I am finally in single digits..only 9 more days!

15. Mommy2Jameson

Mommy2Jameson Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say how excited I am as well! Just got ALL Our paperwork and ME tags in the mail today! We will be there the 20-27th! :) Maybe we'll run into some of you! :) :dance3:

16. Tweevil

Tweevil Twin Evils....

I got my Mickey Mail today - and all of my good stuff.
    I am now really going! I will try the online check in tonight and start packing tomorrow. :)

17. KimRaye

KimRaye <font color=navy><b>DIS Sponsor*Silver</b><br><fon

Several of you at 9 days today!! :banana: I'll follow you by 1 day!

18. Disneysnel

Disneysnel Mouseketeer

I was able to check in on line just a few minutes ago - did you go to the DVC check in? Here: MyDisneyReservation.com/DVC

Hope that helps!:goodvibes

19. nonnasally

nonnasally forever tink

I am also sorry to hear of your son's injury. Hopefully, he will be comfortable enough while in Disney. Have a safe journey and relax.
    My DH was injured yesterday at work and was sent for x-rays. Found a fracture in his back. He needs to go to another doctor tomorrow. Our surprise 60th birthday trip for he and 6year old DGD is in four weeks, I paid in full and for the first time ever did not buy travel insurance. Need some major prayers from all my DISer friends. I am so beside myself I am finding it hard to type this. Need some major pixie dust to pull this one off! Thanks to all for listening!:scared1:

20. KimRaye

KimRaye <font color=navy><b>DIS Sponsor*Silver</b><br><fon

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

21. lilmissie

lilmissie Mouseketeer

We have been able to fill the need! Thanks to everyone who responded!!