***Official November 2016 Thread***

So, I haven't really been able to keep up with this thread, but I got notice of the updated park hours yesterday- particularly for our stay 11/11-11/20. Can I just say how absolutely ecstatic I am about the extended evening MK hours?!?! I just had to share my excitement somewhere!!!

I know that these changes also affect people's PPO ADRs, and I do feel badly about that. And I was looking forward to SWaGS, too. The last minute curve-balls aren't fun.

However, the week before Thanksgiving has been our "traditional" time to go (though it has been three years since we last went). Usually there was only one night, maybe two, when MK was open late on a non-party night. So to have a 10:00 or later closing every non-party night is just wonderful!!!

Two of our MK days now open at 8am - great for my early waking toddler! :) I was able to change our Cinderella FP for 8am too, so we have a better chance of a nice 4th FP!

I am worried about what the time change means for crowds, but we'll do our best.

Right on schedule, I have hit disney planning burnout. That point where I have tweaked every FP and ADR to within an inch of its life, touring plans adjusted 5,000 times, and I dont want to even THINK about Disney at this point, I just want to wake up and be there. 22 days to go! :charac2:

I'm definitely a little disappointed about our PPO breakfast, but I'm going to work on getting dinner ADRs at BOG instead!

I asked this before but missed it if someone answered. Does anyone know if they allow you to adjust your ADR at the restaurant? My family of 4 will be going to MVMCP, and we have an ADR for 4:30pm for two of us, and another for 6:30pm for two of us. I'd really like us all to eat together at 4:30 so we can be done around the time the party starts. Do you think there's a chance they'd let us do that? I've been watching Touring Plans and these boards, checking the MDE multiple times a day, and I haven't been able to get it switched. I'll keep trying, but I'm really hoping we don't have to eat separately!

Wow, did you see they are most likely doing the parade taping starting on 10th? Thats our MK day. Intersting......

I'm definitely a little disappointed about our PPO breakfast, but I'm going to work on getting dinner ADRs at BOG instead!

I asked this before but missed it if someone answered. Does anyone know if they allow you to adjust your ADR at the restaurant? My family of 4 will be going to MVMCP, and we have an ADR for 4:30pm for two of us, and another for 6:30pm for two of us. I'd really like us all to eat together at 4:30 so we can be done around the time the party starts. Do you think there's a chance they'd let us do that? I've been watching Touring Plans and these boards, checking the MDE multiple times a day, and I haven't been able to get it switched. I'll keep trying, but I'm really hoping we don't have to eat separately!
Well, normally the answer to showing up with extra people for an ADR is don't do it or if you do, don't expect the restaurant to be able to accommodate you; although there are plenty of reports of restaurants doing just that. It depends on a number of things and in your case I think unfortunately you have one thing in your favor but a couple things against you:
1. The ADR time you want to add people to is early, close to opening time. Generally it's a bit easier to have people added when the restaurant first opens. However in this particular case,
2. It's a party night which may work against you. EVERYONE wants to eat before the party LOL. May be harder for them to squeeze in 2 more people. And speaking of squeezing in-
3. When trying to add people last minute it's easier to go from an odd number to an even number in most cases, say from 5 to 6 or 3 to 4, because they'll have already be putting you at a table that fits that many. For your 4:30 party of 2 you'll be seated at a 2-top; checking in and asking to change to 4 people means being put at a 4-top so they'll have to have one available. My suggestion is to go RIGHT AT 4 when they open and ask to do this!
It's not like it's never been done it's just always cautioned against which is why I'm not just saying "sure, that'll work fine!" I don't want to give you false hope. I think first of all you should keep looking and keep a search going with TP if that's what you have now :thumbsup2 Then if that doesn't yield anything, plan on eating separately, try asking at 4:00 expecting them to say no, and then be really happy when they say they can do it pixiedust: I hope it works out for you guys!!!

So, how does the taping work? Do they have the actual parade thruout the park for all to see? Or is it roped off for taping with only certain predetermined people allowed back there?

So, how does the taping work? Do they have the actual parade thruout the park for all to see? Or is it roped off for taping with only certain predetermined people allowed back there?

I've never been there for taping, but my understanding is that anyone can attend, like any other parade. It can take a long time, since they will stop floats, adjust the audio track, etc. so it doesn't necessarily flow like a normal parade. It makes main street quite crowded, but doesn't seem to have much of an effect on crowds, especially during the actual taping (which takes place in the morning/early afternoon). It will affect shows at the castle and some M&G's.

I've never been there for taping, but my understanding is that anyone can attend, like any other parade. It can take a long time, since they will stop floats, adjust the audio track, etc. so it doesn't necessarily flow like a normal parade. It makes main street quite crowded, but doesn't seem to have much of an effect on crowds, especially during the actual taping (which takes place in the morning/early afternoon). It will affect shows at the castle and some M&G's.

Ok, then maybe it will draw people away from the rest of the park!. We dont arrive till noon that day anyways as its our party night, but should be interesting.

Only 27 more days! I actually get into MCO on the 12th and taking a few days before WDW to visit family, friends and Kennedy Space Center and the beach as my DS22 has never been in the Atlantic Ocean. We're staying at CSR from the 15th till the 25th. Anyone else for those dates? I can't wait!!!

We arrive in Disney November 27th staying at CBR anyone have any pros and cons I'm a little nervous we have never stayed there and I find myself reading mixed reviews?!?!

We arrive in Disney November 27th staying at CBR anyone have any pros and cons I'm a little nervous we have never stayed there and I find myself reading mixed reviews?!?!
We LOVED CBR last year! The remodeled rooms are awesome, the main pool is great (the slides!), and we were pleasantly surprised with Shutters. We drove to the parks about half the time and took the bus the other half. Even though the buses stop at every stop around the resort, it really didn't seem to add much time. I did really like being so close to a bus stop, rather than having to trek to a centrally located one (ie Pop).

My DS9 and DD6 decided we should show DS3 a video of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride because he is obsessed with Pirates right now. He told us he "acooly" (actually) doesn't want to go on the ride "it's too scary." Now we have 27 days to convince him they are not real pirates and the cannons won't really be firing at us, LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter