***Official November 2013***

Alright, last question before I head to bed - I promise! ;)

We have a couple ADRs that we really want to make happen - CRT plus CM and/or CP. I'm wondering if you think we might have any luck getting some of those the first weekend we're there? I'm thinking since the parks will be more busy, it would be nice to get some of our must do experiences done so we can be more carefree and not tied to specific dining times during the remainder of our time when it won't be as busy. But since it is the end of many guests trips but only the beginning of ours, will we have a hard time getting reservations?

Thanks for your input and reading through my multiple posts!

I don't think you'll have any trouble at all getting these ADR's. The online reservation system opens at 6am EST. If you go on at your 180 day mark you should have no trouble at all. Also, November hours are expected to be out within the next 2 weeks so chances are the December hours will also be out before your 180 day mark gets here. :thumbsup2

Just changed my dates again. This time to 11/13 to 11/22. Did it for airfare. Saved over $1500!!! $200 per person round trip. Newark to MCO. Little inconvenient but I'll take it for the savings.

That is awesome! :thumbsup2

I have thought about a pet sitter in the past to come in for our cat but I was too nervous about basically giving a stranger a key to our house. You didn't have any trouble? We really don't have any family close by to pet sit so I'm thinking this might be better than taking her to a kennel, where I know she will be FREAKED OUT :eek:

We have used multiple pet sitters (one at our old address and we had to find a new one when we moved to a different area) and never had a problem. Any good pet sitter will want to come and meet you and the cat before you book them to make sure that all parties are comfortable with each other. If you're not comfortable, keep looking! I would also make sure that it is a pet sitter set up as a business, with a website or something, so you know they aren't just going to disappear after they get your money. Also ask for and check references. If they don't offer to have a meeting first, don't have any indication of being a legit business, and don't have any references to give you, keep looking!!

We have used multiple pet sitters (one at our old address and we had to find a new one when we moved to a different area) and never had a problem. Any good pet sitter will want to come and meet you and the cat before you book them to make sure that all parties are comfortable with each other. If you're not comfortable, keep looking! I would also make sure that it is a pet sitter set up as a business, with a website or something, so you know they aren't just going to disappear after they get your money. Also ask for and check references. If they don't offer to have a meeting first, don't have any indication of being a legit business, and don't have any references to give you, keep looking!!

Thanks! I sent you a PM.

Just changed my dates again. This time to 11/13 to 11/22. Did it for airfare. Saved over $1500!!! $200 per person round trip. Newark to MCO. Little inconvenient but I'll take it for the savings.

That's wonderful!!! Hey, if I could have flown, I would have, but I knew what airfare was going to look like. No biggie.

Also...I was realizing that there are quite a few of us in the Philadelphia/South Jersey region. Maybe in late spring/early summer we can meet with each other just to say hi. Just a thought.

I am wondering what your opinions are:

I have a tiw card so I was not planning to get the dining plan as it seems like we always leave behind some of the qs meals. However my kids (over 18) just brought up the point that if they are on their own and go to eat they won't get the discount because I'm not there with the card. Now I am sure most of their meals would be qs in which case the tiw card wouldn't work except in a few places. We have gone without the meal plan the last few times and it was nice to order only what we wanted. :)

Here's my question: is it worth to get the dining plan bc then they would get meals regardless of whether I'm there or should I just stick with tiw and get them gift cards, out of the food budget, to cover their meals when their on their own?

We usually budget according to the meal plan even if we don't get it so we have an idea how much money to set aside. And yes they do pay for some of their stuff on their own we just look at meals as a community thing.

I would appreciate any input. I should have said it was only my dh and I that have gone without the dp. This would be the first time with the whole family not doing the dp.

Question for the November Crew:

Our family booked our flights last week but didnt book our hotel stay yet (disney Property... of couse) Did anyone book thier hotel stay or are you waiting for a discount/code to come out before you book? Im asking because i am wondering what will happen if I book now and if a discount/code comes out, if I will be able to switch it?

TIA! Jay :thumbsup2

Question for the November Crew:

Our family booked our flights last week but didnt book our hotel stay yet (disney Property... of couse) Did anyone book thier hotel stay or are you waiting for a discount/code to come out before you book? Im asking because i am wondering what will happen if I book now and if a discount/code comes out, if I will be able to switch it?

TIA! Jay :thumbsup2

If or when FD or RO discounts come out you can apply it to your current reservation if your booked room catagory and resort are included in the promo, if not your might have change Resorts or type of room

Hi all,
It is not quite official for us, but it almost a definite we are going for Thanksgiving. Our plans are to check in on 11/23 and leave on 11/30. We wanted to stay at AoA but all the standard rooms are booked. This trip will include my family (me, DH, DD17 and DS15), my parents, and my sister's family (DSis, DBIL, DNi8 and DNe6). My sister (who is a teacher) cannot check in until the 26th and will be staying until 12/1.

I was not planning on going again until 2014 at the earliest because I so want to see the new 7 dwarf mine train.

Once I get a chance I will read through the thread.

Any suggestions on places to try to get ADRs for Thanksgiving day. I plan on avoiding MK that day.

Happy planning!!!

Hi all,
It is not quite official for us, but it almost a definite we are going for Thanksgiving. Our plans are to check in on 11/23 and leave on 11/30. We wanted to stay at AoA but all the standard rooms are booked. This trip will include my family (me, DH, DD17 and DS15), my parents, and my sister's family (DSis, DBIL, DNi8 and DNe6). My sister (who is a teacher) cannot check in until the 26th and will be staying until 12/1.

I was not planning on going again until 2014 at the earliest because I so want to see the new 7 dwarf mine train.

Once I get a chance I will read through the thread.

Any suggestions on places to try to get ADRs for Thanksgiving day. I plan on avoiding MK that day.

Happy planning!!!

:welcome: I'll you you to the first post as soon as you nail everything down!!!

Yay, so excited to find this thread! :banana:

DH, our 7 month old son and I are heading to WDW on 30th October, staying until November 7th! We're staying at the Beach Club Villas and then heading off on a Disney Dream Bahamas cruise after that. Squee!

This will be our first trip with a baby, and of course our baby's first trip to Disney... Can't wait! :yay:

I'm so ready to start planning properly... Come on November hours! popcorn::

Yay, so excited to find this thread! :banana:

DH, our 7 month old son and I are heading to WDW on 30th October, staying until November 7th! We're staying at the Beach Club Villas and then heading off on a Disney Dream Bahamas cruise after that. Squee!

This will be our first trip with a baby, and of course our baby's first trip to Disney... Can't wait! :yay:

I'm so ready to start planning properly... Come on November hours! popcorn::

Welcome and congrats! He is going to love it!!!

HEY ALL!!!! super excited to join the November planners!!! Hip hip hooray!

Our family will be going November 17-23. No set plans for hotel but it looks like we are leaning towards AoA. We stayed here last year in the cars suite and really liked it! This year we will change up the theme to either nemo or lion king :) unless of course a discount comes out for a deluxe...

Happy planning all! Looking forward to hearing everyone's plans

First, haven't booked flight yet, but the one we plan on supposedly arrives at 5:15pm. If we're taking magical express, what time would we expect to arrive at WL? Anyone have an inkling of how long checkin might take at that time? Trying to figure out what our evening will look like... Hoping we can head to DTD to get autograph book and ears for our 6 year old daughter and find something quick to eat for dinner - don't want to even try to make reservations somewhere in case we're delayed.

Thanks for all of your input so far - I feel better about ADRs now!

Does anyone have any ideas about our arrival time based on info quoted above? Also, how long does the bus take to get to DTD? Thanks for sharing your insight!

HEY ALL!!!! super excited to join the November planners!!! Hip hip hooray!

Our family will be going November 17-23. No set plans for hotel but it looks like we are leaning towards AoA. We stayed here last year in the cars suite and really liked it! This year we will change up the theme to either nemo or lion king :) unless of course a discount comes out for a deluxe...

Happy planning all! Looking forward to hearing everyone's plans

Welcome! We will also be traveling Nov 17-23rd, flying in very early on the 17th and staying at BCV.

Welcome! We will also be traveling Nov 17-23rd, flying in very early on the 17th and staying at BCV.

Awesome!!! I love the beach club!! Beaches and cream is a favorite. If a discount comes out we were thinking about going back there or the boardwalk. Where r u flying out from?

Thanks for all of your input so far - I feel better about ADRs now!

Does anyone have any ideas about our arrival time based on info quoted above? Also, how long does the bus take to get to DTD? Thanks for sharing your insight!

From WL about 10 minutes. Also what day of the week are you arriving. I would not recommend going to DTD at night on the weekends. Very crowded.

Add us to the list! We're crazy enough to be arriving on Thanksgiving (Although our package doesn't start until the day after, 29th) and leaving on Dec 7! Decided to throw in two days at that other unnamed park :whistle: (daughter is an HP fan), but the rest will be at old faithful Mickey. It's been three years so I am BEYOND ready!

Add us to the list! We're crazy enough to be arriving on Thanksgiving (Although our package doesn't start until the day after, 29th) and leaving on Dec 7! Decided to throw in two days at that other unnamed park :whistle: (daughter is an HP fan), but the rest will be at old faithful Mickey. It's been three years so I am BEYOND ready!

I am going tell Mickey!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter